jaspuri

When is I-134 needed for Visa Interview??

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My fiancée received her first packet in mail from US Embassy(New Delhi). American Embassy requested her to send DS-230 Part 1 and I-134 form.

I was under impression that I-134 form is only required on Interview date.

Can she send DS-230 right away and send I-134 later? or both forms needs to be mailed together.

Edited by jaspuri

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

My fiancée received her first packet in mail from US Embassy(New Delhi). American Embassy requested her to send DS-230 Part 1 and I-134 form.

I was under impression that I-134 form is only required on Interview date.

Can she send DS-230 right away and send I-134 later? or both forms needs to be mailed together.

Follow their instructions. They can ask for things in whatever order they prefer.

Timeline

American Embassy is requesting the following 3 Forms(Enclosure) to be mailed.

1) Affidavit of support (For I-134)

2) DS 230 Part 1

3) Photo Instruction

Can I fill out the I-134 form and email her a scanned copy or they will accept form with signature in black ink.

I just need to know if I can get away by not mailing the documents to India

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

American Embassy is requesting the following 3 Forms(Enclosure) to be mailed.

1) Affidavit of support (For I-134)

2) DS 230 Part 1

3) Photo Instruction

Can I fill out the I-134 form and email her a scanned copy or they will accept form with signature in black ink.

I just need to know if I can get away by not mailing the documents to India

Hummm I'm going to ask the mods to move your post to the India regional forum, because for other counties (including mine) a copy of the i-134 is more than enough at this stage... but I know India is very peculiar. I'm thinking a scanned copy while you send the original in the mail, should be fine... but let's make sure it is.

good.gif Hang on tight.

Edited by Celeste & C

Timeline

Hummm I'm going to ask the mods to move your post to the India regional forum, because for other counties (including mine) a copy of the i-134 is more than enough at this stage... but I know India is very peculiar. I'm thinking a scanned copy while you send the original in the mail, should be fine... but let's make sure it is.

good.gif Hang on tight.

Thanks.

I am working on collecting all documents for I-134 form. In case, I need to ship it. :unsure:

The form I-134 requires two things

A letter from my bank to certify that I have funds to support my fiancee

and

A letter from my employer to certify that I have full time job with my salary details.

Do I need any other documents for I-134? I am using this site as Guide - http://www.***removed***/visitor-visa/sponsor-documents.html

Edited by jaspuri

Timeline

Thanks.

I am working on collecting all documents for I-134 form. In case, I need to ship it. :unsure:

The form I-134 requires two things

A letter from my bank to certify that I have funds to support my fiancee

and

A letter from my employer to certify that I have full time job with my salary details.

Do I need any other documents for I-134? I am using this site as Guide - http://www.***removed***/visitor-visa/sponsor-documents.html

This is packet 3 which embassy is asking for and you DO NOT need to send I-134 to Embassy until interview.

Just send scanned copy of DS230 Pt.1 and Applicant's statement,signed by beneficiary to infousdelhi@vfshelpline.com. They will forward it to Embassy and they will also confirm by email that they have sent it to the embassy. Make sure file size is less than 2 MB.

Good Luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.