Sveta & Ron

interview time line

17 posts in this topic

i want ask in rub topic list

once we get kev case number from nvc what is time line to interveiw in kiev i am sure someone recently gone thru this as i am tring to think if be reasonable for me to stay in ukraine till mid sep to leave for usa i just off phone lawyer i mistaking hired and i end up hang up with them i kow shame on me

my ticket is to leave sep 5th if how long after uscis will i get kev number and able make interview appointment

Ron,

It takes at least couple weeks for NVC to receive the case from the Service Center, and lately some people waited 2 month before their case was received. After NVC assign a KEV case number they will forward it to the Embassy in Kyiv, most likely about a week. Embassy enters cases to the system once a week. Interview scheduling is depends on how busy they are, in my case they offered me interview the next day, unfortunately we didn't had our Police Certificate so we had to wait 2 extra weeks. Seems like usually they schedule within 2-3 week timeframe upon entering to the system. Also your fiancee will receive a letter from US Embassy that she/you can call and schedule interview (the call is not free :)).

Good luck on your journey.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Ron,

Based upon your scheduled timeline (according to VJ estimates) staying until Mid-September will probably mean you will just miss the window when she is able to schedule her appointment. I suggest you either postpone the arrival date of your trip or go and visit with the plan that you will return and prepare for her arrival about a month later. :thumbs:

You have waited this long and suffered like all of us, so just plan for a nice visit and your reunion back in America shortly. You should be concentrating on insuring that she has all documents needed in her possession. You can get the police certification ready and the medical exam can not be completed until you have the KEV number. We all remember the heartache of separation, but that will all be forgotten when she finally arrives here and you are together. :dance:

After she is here, your new project will be acclimating her to life here and combating homesickness. Both can be accomplished with patience, love and caring. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Like deja vu' all over again!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

i am in ukraine now for 2 weeks i made bad mistake and took lawyer advice and per uscis time frame and made plans for a 4 weeks stay then the butthead in office got desperet and made order for illegals get greencards now the dnc will hear much complaints

Ron,

Listening to a lawyers is a huge mistake anyway, the only thing they try to do is to take your money, whether it is immigration or any other matter.

Let's put it this way, you don't have NOA2 yet, and Vermont have been extremely slow, I will not be surprised if it will take another 2 month for your approval, I wouldn't count on any timeline. If you can afford to stay in Ukraine for the next few month, you are more then welcome. Ukraine is a great country to visit and a lot to see (btw I will be there in October for our big Ukrainian Wedding Ceremony). However you may want to go back and prepare your house for your fiancee arrival, the adjustment could be hard, homesickness is even worth, so make her feel like at home when she arrives.

It is up to you to decide, but it is hard to time when you will get your NOA2, your KEV case number, etc...

Good luck

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

i want ask in rub topic list

once we get kev case number from nvc what is time line to interveiw in kiev i am sure someone recently gone thru this as i am tring to think if be reasonable for me to stay in ukraine till mid sep to leave for usa i just off phone lawyer i mistaking hired and i end up hang up with them i kow shame on me

my ticket is to leave sep 5th if how long after uscis will i get kev number and able make interview appointment

It is August 21 and you have no NOA2. I will say it if no one else will. There is no possible way in hell you will get an interview before mid October at this time and that is if the NOA2 comes tomorrow. Given current timelines I doubt she will be here for Christmas (Orthodox Christmas) and I will leave it to someone else to blow sunshine up your @ss. Figure 2 months, NOA2 to interview. Could be longer. AP at NVC could tie you up for 4-8 weeks alone. For us it was three months NOA2 to Interview and that was with NO delays. If you want to visit, then go visit and have fun. Do not attempt to make a plan to attend an interview until you have the interview date.

No matter what some moron lawyer told you, there is no way to guess at this stuff.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It is August 21 and you have no NOA2. I will say it if no one else will. There is no possible way in hell you will get an interview before mid October at this time and that is if the NOA2 comes tomorrow. Given current timelines I doubt she will be here for Christmas (Orthodox Christmas) and I will leave it to someone else to blow sunshine up your @ss. Figure 2 months, NOA2 to interview. Could be longer. AP at NVC could tie you up for 4-8 weeks alone. For us it was three months NOA2 to Interview and that was with NO delays. If you want to visit, then go visit and have fun. Do not attempt to make a plan to attend an interview until you have the interview date.

No matter what some moron lawyer told you, there is no way to guess at this stuff.

Gary is right. I'm still waiting for the hard copy to arrive at the consular's section myself. They did receive it electronically and delivery of the petition occurred Monday of this week. When it will be finally ready at the consular's section to schedule an interview, I'll finally be able to do something. I haven't relied on my lawyer for anything anymore. They'll just slow you down. I'm hoping that I'll be able to schedule a date by next week. At this point I'm figuring September interview if I'm lucky. October could be very possible too. Even after Noa2 I can't see how anyone would get an interview any sooner than 6 weeks later. I would be happy for that. But preparing myself for anything at this point. Wishing you luck man. Hope things will speed up in all aspects. My fiancé was able to talk to someone she knows recently (who filed for k1) soonest interview indicated at the call center was 6 weeks from the day they called. This was about 2 weeks ago. Hopefully its just the summer and holiday slow down. But who knows...

1/13/12 - I-129F Petition Submitted to Dallas Lockbox

1/18/12 - Received at Vermont Service Center

1/20/12 - NOA1

1/24/12 - Touched

2/09/12 - Touched

8/02/12 - NOA2 (197 Days After Received at VSC)

8/14/12 - Received at NVC (Assigned Case Number)

8/16/12 - Departed from NVC

8/20/12 - Arrived in US Embassy Kiev

8/28/12 - Information Received from Embassy via mail

9/12/12 - Interview (Approved)

9/19/12 - Visa Received via Elin Ltd. (FedEx)

10/05/12 - POE

Also it is possible to have AP after interview, 1 couple few months back got tied up for 4 months by AP after her interview! Do not make any plans till you have visa in hand! :wacko:

I-751 Vermont
Mailed 4/03/2012
Check Cashed 4/10/2012
Noa1 4/12/2012 receipt date 4/6/2012
Biometrics 4/19/2012 letter recieved
Biometrics 5/01/2012 done
Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic toc..................................................

5/10/2013 Info pass for another year stamp

Tic Toc, Tic Toc.....................................

Second biometrics letter received 7/6/2013

Tic toc tic toc..........................................................................................

4/10/14 info pass for another year

Tic Toc, Tic toc

3/30/2015 info pass for another year stamp

9/10/2015 Notice for I-751 interview 9/22/2015 Our gov is so efficient just gotta love em in charge of health care!!

Timeline

Also it is possible to have AP after interview, 1 couple few months back got tied up for 4 months by AP after her interview! Do not make any plans till you have visa in hand! :wacko:

One couple had their interview, was approved and the passport/visa was on a Fedex truck to be delivered and got into an accident, turned over, spilled everything and the passport/visa was lost in the melee that ensued. The fiancee had to get a new passport, Ukraine was "out of the paper" needed for the passport (only in Ukraine, though I am sure some paper was available for a $100 bribe) and had to wait weeks to get a new passport to get a new visa...shall we go on?

Do not make any plans until the visa is in your hand. Do not make any plans to attend an interview until you have the interview date confirmed. Visit all you like until then.

FWIW the consulate updates the interview schedule of cases on Friday after the scheduling office closes. The scheduling office is in Warsaw, Poland. If you are calling any time exceopt Monday mornings you are wasting your time. If they do not have your case in the system on Monday morning they will not have it until at least the next Monday, this means it is a week-by-week system, not day by day. Even if your case is "entered" on Monday it will not be "in the system" for scheduling for at least one week. This is why hoping for a September interview in August when you do not have an NOA2 is nothing but a fantasy. The system is not designed for speed, though relative to other government operations they are damn fast.

2-3 months from NOA2 to interview is a pretty do-able estimate. It could be faster but not likely. And Ukraine is a "fast" consulate compared to some.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

It will be a week on Monday since they received my petition in Kiev and probably longer since receiving the electronic copy. I will be interested to see what the wait time for the interview will be. Hoping that it's in the system Monday. I submitted a case status inquiry at the end of the week (before the holiday) so hoping for some good news this week.

1/20/12 - NOA1

1/24/12 - Touched

2/09/12 - Touched

10/05/12 - POE

pj let me know what they say about timing for interveiw also after last night sveta in for big surprise as she have no idea how we let off fireworks for the 4th and new years last night fireworks only about 10 minutes

Timeline

pj let me know what they say about timing for interveiw also after last night sveta in for big surprise as she have no idea how we let off fireworks for the 4th and new years last night fireworks only about 10 minutes

yes. I will definitely update you with what I hear about lead times. I'm thinking it's going to be about 2-3 weeks out for interview from the day we call. I'm really hoping they'll get back to me Monday about having the hard copy. Don't want to lose another week of time.

1/20/12 - NOA1

1/24/12 - Touched

2/09/12 - Touched

10/05/12 - POE

Timeline

yes. I will definitely update you with what I hear about lead times. I'm thinking it's going to be about 2-3 weeks out for interview from the day we call. I'm really hoping they'll get back to me Monday about having the hard copy. Don't want to lose another week of time.

Never wait for them to get back to you. Call them Monday, early morning Kiev time is best. Call the call center. If your case is in the system, make an appointment, if not, wait until the next Monday to call again. In this ptrocess, any time you have the initiative to take action...take it.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I was reading this post and had some questions. We have our KEV number. Does my wife need to call to set up interview? Or do we wait for them to contact us.

USCIS:

03/29/2012 - I-130 Sent

04/1/2012 - NOA1 Received

06/25/2012 - NOA2 Received (88 Days)

NVC:

07/31/2012 - Case arrived at NVC (36 Days from USCIS to NVC)

08/16/2012 - Received case #, IIN, gave e-mail addresses

08/18/2012 - E-mailed DS-3032

08/23/2012 - AOS bill invoiced & PAID

08/27/2012 - AOS bill appears as PAID

08/24/2012 - AOS Package sent

08/XX/2012 - AOS/I-864 accepted

08/23/2012 - DS-3032 accepted

08/28/2012 - IV bill invoiced & PAID

08/30/2012 - IV bill appears as PAID

08/28/2012 - IV Package sent

09/07/2012 - REF Forgot bar code cover sheet in AOS packet

09/08/2012 - Mailed REF will be there Monday Sept.10th

09/25/2012 - Case Complete

10/30/2012 - Medical in Kyiv....All good

11/27/2012 - Interview date

In AP.

01/15/2013- Call from Emb####

02/20/2013 -Denied

04/18/2013- Application sent to State Department.

08/23/2013- Talked to USCIS the application is back at USCIS and "might" review it by December.....

08/23/2013- Pissed off.

03/14/2014- Recivied notice from USCIS. Reply due 04/16/14

04/12/2014- Reply mailed 300+ pages.

04/23/2014- Reply from USCIS they received the packet.

07/07/2014- Called my Congressman to check on progress.

07/08/2014- Got a call back from Congressman aid "USCIS is working on it".

07/09/2014- Got email from USCIS that my address change had gone through. I never requested an address change. Call Congressman and USCIS. Was an error an no address change...

07/10/2014- Received email from USCIS. We are approved again. I think the call to my Congressman helped.

08/04/2014- Application received from USCIS and forwarded to Kyiv.

08/19/2014- Interview Sept.19,2014

09/19/2014- Interview Approved.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.