Patrik

Austria - Received NOA2 notification, still in the US for 2 weeks

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Austria
Timeline

Hello!

I just received an email from USCIS that our application for I129F was approved. The problem is, I am currently in the US with my fiance, not in Austria. I will be here for another 2 weeks.

Should me being here be any kind of problem? How fast does stuff move from now on? Do I need to be in Austria next week to get more things rolling? I really would hate to cut this visit short.

Thanks,

Patrik

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello!

I just received an email from USCIS that our application for I129F was approved. The problem is, I am currently in the US with my fiance, not in Austria. I will be here for another 2 weeks.

Should me being here be any kind of problem? How fast does stuff move from now on? Do I need to be in Austria next week to get more things rolling? I really would hate to cut this visit short.

Thanks,

Patrik

Shouldn't be much of a problem. You still have about 7 to 10 days (aprox) until the case leaves the NVC to reach the Embassy. How much longer are you planning on staying? I would start making plans to go back home in a couple of weeks if I were you.

Filed: Country: Austria
Timeline

Shouldn't be much of a problem. You still have about 7 to 10 days (aprox) until the case leaves the NVC to reach the Embassy. How much longer are you planning on staying? I would start making plans to go back home in a couple of weeks if I were you.

The current plan is that I am going back on September 1, a little over 2 weeks. I really didn't expect any of this to happen this fast - we only got the NOA1 on 2012-05-29.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

The current plan is that I am going back on September 1, a little over 2 weeks. I really didn't expect any of this to happen this fast - we only got the NOA1 on 2012-05-29.

You should be fine, then. Things are going to start moving faster now, but you won't be able to do anything until your file actually reaches the USEM in Austria, ; and it could, very well, take 10 business days.

In about a week, have your lady call NVC to see if they have your new case number. They will also tell you if the file has already left for Austria or not.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

Hello!

Thanks,

Patrik

Congrats! I see you are at CSC with Austria. I filed VSC and my at the beginning of May and I am still waiting. I wish you well on your journey! You will have to update and let us all know how the next steps go! good.gif

05/02/12 - I-129F sent

5/04/12 - I-129F NOA1

11/15/12 - Approved I-129F NOA2 (6.5 months!!)

11/29/12 - NVC Received

12/10/12 - USEM Case Received

12/12/12 - Packet 3

12/21/12 - Packet 4

1/16/13 - Medical Exam

1/17/13 - Interview- computers crashed.... or so they claim!

1/28/13 - New interview date- Admin. Processing

2/4/13 - Denial- No waiver can apply

July 14 2013 - Moved to Vienna with my dog and 3 suitcases!

Congratulations!!!

Should be much of a problem, I say start working on the forms that they will need try to obtain case number see if you can extend your flight who knows you can be lucky and get an interview schedule.

Good Luck!!

~* GodsGift225*~

Filed: Timeline

The length of time is really country and consulate specific. In some countries/consulates you'd be waiting for a few more months before you received notification. In others it's a few weeks. I certainly wouldn't cut a visit short just to get home to nothing.

Moving from K-1 Process to the regional forum for pertinent responses. Also going to insert the Austria component in the subject line for the same reason.

iagree.gif

Wow congrats!!!!

K-1
03/09/12 - NoA1
10/04/12 - NoA2 (210 days)

AoS

01/25/13 - NoA1
08/15/13 - NoA2 (199 days)

RoC
05/21/15 - NoA1

11/02/15 - NoA2 (164 days)

N-400

08/18/16 - NoA1
03/14/17 - Interview

03/16/17 - Oath Ceremony (217 days)

US citizen

Total time start to finish: 5 years, 12 days (1,838 days)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

Hello!

Thanks,

Patrik

hey patrik woher bist du aus österreich ich denke wir beide haben das gleiche problem nur meines ist etwas schwieriger als deines würde mich freuen wenn wir kontakt haben so können wir meinungen austauschen

NOA 1: 5/4/12

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.