caley

CONFUSED LETTER

9 posts in this topic

Hello fellow Vj's so heres my case

Ive been waiting for the NVC to pass my case to USEM manila for almost 2 months now. i already have my MNL case number but i still need the letter from them. so today my fiance from the US got a letter form US EMBASSY MANILA thats says im now eligible to set my visa appointment and etc. and its named to me. im confused. did they made a mistake that instead of sending it to me they sent it to my fiance. THANK YOU

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ive been waiting for the NVC to pass my case to USEM manila for almost 2 months now. i already have my MNL case number but i still need the letter from them. so today my fiance from the US got a letter form US EMBASSY MANILA thats says im now eligible to set my visa appointment and etc. and its named to me. im confused. did they made a mistake that instead of sending it to me they sent it to my fiance. THANK YOU

Im confused too, what do you need the letter for the medical? Dont the embassy or NVC send you an email for that?

Timeline

We never got a letter from the embassy. Once we got the case number, she paid the visa fee then went online and set up the appointment. I got a letter from nvc saying it was sent, but not one from the embassy. It may have been listed on the forms you submitted to have all correspondence sent to your address and not hers.

May 9, 11. Met on dating site Filipinacupid

chat 2x a day since

Dec 23, 11. met in Cebu, traveled to Balamban.

Dec 25th 11 asked her fathers permission to marry her in Cebuano. Engaged.

Jan 1, 12. Came home.

Jan 18th 12, I-129f recieved at vsc

Jan 25th 12, first noa

Feb 9 12, touched

July 2, 12 approved

July 7, 12 recieved noa2

July 16th, called nvc recieved case #

Aug 1st, CFO completed

Aug 16th, Interview date and Approved

Timeline

They actually send it to both of you.. but sometimes they will not send a letter at all. as what ive heard from other people here.. You shouldnt wait for that letter or notification from the Embassy. Once you already have your MNL number you can now schedule appointment.. you can do it online. pay the fee first at BPI then you can now schedule.

event.png

Timeline

They actually send it to both of you.. but sometimes they will not send a letter at all. as what ive heard from other people here.. You shouldnt wait for that letter or notification from the Embassy. Once you already have your MNL number you can now schedule appointment.. you can do it online. pay the fee first at BPI then you can now schedule.

I received an e-mail from USEM that our case was there, but I sent them an e-mail first. It doesn't matter about a letter from them or the NVC, just pay your interview fee and set-up an interview. All you need for the medical is the appointment confirmation. Good Luck..

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Timeline

Yeah you didn't actually need that letter from the embassy at all, if you had already your case number. With your case number, you could have scheduled the interview and then done the medical. Lots of people never even get their letter from the embassy.

But I never got one, only my fiancé did. That seems the most common, if your fiancé has an address with reliable postal service, she would get it. I never got one here in the USA.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

That NVC letter is hit or miss. Sometimes it comes, sometimes it doesn't.

However -

you have other things available to you, that are not available to folks in other countries.

Read WallyG's Most Masterful Post, at

Wally G http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=367487&view=findpost&p=5369357

then make a new plan.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.