8xeno8

employers letter at london interview

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

i keep reading in the embassy interview reviews that people are asked for their employment letter as well as the affadavits and support forms.

is it necessary to have a letter from my employer? and what is the reason please?

Thing is, i gave up my job back in may because i have enough money to see me through no problem. so i dont have any kind of employment letter. :S Hope this isnt a problem

I-129f sent 01/31/12

Received in Dallas sent to Vermont 02/03/12

NOA1 notice date 02/03/12

Touched 02/11/12

NOA 2 07/25/12

NVC Receive 08/01/12

NVC left 08/03/12

Consulate received 08/06/12

Medical 08/08/12

sent packet 3 docs 08/10/12 (yes i have sent before packet 3 letter received, called embassy who confirmed they have me in system as of today)

Interview scheduled 09/13/12

APPROVED!

POE 09/26/12

Wedding booked for 10/08/12

Timeline

hi, we also did something similiar. chris(UK)benificiary, left his job in nov 2011 and i(US)petitioner, filled a letter from employer stating my wage and hours. we had our embassy interview march 2012. i think they are looking for proof of finances but i cant begin to guess the reasoning the USCIC uses. good luck.

lei

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I believe if you are the Petitioner you are required to provide proof of support which can very from Consulate to Consulate. However, from what I have been able to glean from the DOS web site and here is that at a minimum you, as Petitioner, must provide the I-134 Affidavit, your most recent (2011) Tax Return and a current letter from your employer stating dates worked, F/T or P/T and your salary. I will be providing much more because in perusing these boards I have yet to see anyone denied or given a 221g for providing too much evidence.

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline

Im in the same situation, freaking out cz i don t know what to do. they say to give legal copy of tax return??where does my fiance gets that ,,he needs to go to IRS? aslo they are asking for a letter from the employer but he is self employed , run his own bussines...now what???:(

as1cMin0g000000MjU4ODNkanwwMDAxMjEyZHwyMDQgZGF5cyBmcm9tIE5PYTEgdG8gTk9BMg.gif

Timeline

Im in the same situation, freaking out cz i don t know what to do. they say to give legal copy of tax return??where does my fiance gets that ,,he needs to go to IRS? aslo they are asking for a letter from the employer but he is self employed , run his own bussines...now what???:(

He can order tax transcripts on line and he will get them in about a week, no charge. I ordered the past four years. I think for self employed you go with your tax returns and maybe a letter indicating self employment.

Timeline

Im in the same situation, freaking out cz i don t know what to do. they say to give legal copy of tax return??where does my fiance gets that ,,he needs to go to IRS? aslo they are asking for a letter from the employer but he is self employed , run his own bussines...now what???

laura

IRS.GOV

the petitioner may request free copies of the IRs transcripts. they will be mailed to him/her in 5-10 business days. as for the being self employed i imagione him/her writing a statement to that fact would suffice so long as it included all of the info that is being requested

lei

Timeline

He can order tax transcripts on line and he will get them in about a week, no charge. I ordered the past four years. I think for self employed you go with your tax returns and maybe a letter indicating self employment.

are the online ones good? he has that but he doesn t have legal copy of it .

Timeline

Just another comment. I am not self employed and make well above the poverty guidelines. In Packet 3 I will be providing my I-134, 2011 IRS 1040, 2011 IRS Tax Transcript. 2009-2011 IRS K-1 Form 1056 (like a W-2), a letter from my employer and copies of my paychecks from January 2012 to the present. For the interview I will have available for my fiancee all of my most recent bank statements, tax returns for years 2008-2010, investment accounts etc. Is it overkill? Probably but, I have all this stuff so why not have it available just in case? And as I said above, I've yet to read of someone being denied for having too much evidence. This is serious stuff and I am preparing it accordingly. Good luck to you.

Timeline

are the online ones good? he has that but he doesn t have legal copy of it .

I believe the Tax Transcripts you get from the IRS are good. You order them online or by phone and they mail them to you. As far as being legal, I don't know what that means, they come from the IRS so Isuspect they're legit. Also, if you submit them with a copy of the 1040 they will be able to see that AGI matches up.

Timeline

I don’t think a beneficiary’s employer letter is required…. It does not make any sense.

Letter or salary slip from sponsor makes sense to me.

yes im talking about sponsor ..if you are talking with me

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

The beneficiary doesn't need to show proof of employment. In some embassies they are asked for any evidence of any financial contributions the beneficiary may provide.

The sponsor's requirements are listed on the I-134.

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

To the OP, you are better off heading to the regional forum for the UK since things are embassy specific at this point.

There's also a large 'NOA2 to Interview' thread at the top of the page which can be accessed by clicking here

For the I-134 the affidavit requires two pieces of supporting information,

If your USC petitioner wants to request copies of tax transcripts, the iPhone app (free) will actually do it, and they'll generally arrive in a week.

Just to add, YOU as the beneficiary MUST have signed original copies with you for the interview . Hate to sound patronising but this one does come up and I'd rather not see anyone denied for it!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.