one...two...tree

Know your gun rights history

76 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Is that enough to shoot through a wall?

It would depend on the wall and the bullet. Almost all ammunition will go through residential walls made of dry wall. If the bullet is jacketed then the penetration is greater...a jacketed bullet is also less lethal to a human.

Edited by Sousuke

Timeline

I meant a brick wall, sorry. I'm pretty sure an AK can shoot through a brick wall?

It doesn't look like it would. They tested it on a mockup and it didn't fully penetrate.

http://ingunowners.com/forums/general_firearms_discussion/145187-range_report_penetration_testing_of_residential_brick_walls_pic_heavy.html

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

He destroys a wall in this video.

There is some swearing in the next video.

That is one shot, imagine what the 100 bullet magazine can do.

Edited by rocks

Timeline

He destroys a wall in this video.

There is some swearing in the next video.

That is one shot, imagine what the 100 bullet magazine can do.

I can't open videos at the moment, but did they actually make a wall mockup or did they just stack the CMU? If they just stacked it, its not really a wall, they would need to fill the cmu with mortar first.

Timeline

I can't open videos at the moment, but did they actually make a wall mockup or did they just stack the CMU? If they just stacked it, its not really a wall, they would need to fill the cmu with mortar first.

That doesn't bare any relevance on whether the bullet penetrates the brick.

Timeline

That doesn't bare any relevance on whether the bullet penetrates the brick.

Well I think they mocked up the internals between two layers of brick. Also brick is solid, CMU walls are about 1.5" thick with an air gap. You fill that gap with mortar, like you would with a wall and you have a solid 8" concrete mass.

Does your second video show brick?

Edited by Sousuke

Timeline

Well I think they mocked up the internals between two layers of brick. Also brick is solid, CMU walls are about 1.5" thick with an air gap. You fill that gap with mortar, like you would with a wall and you have a solid 8" concrete mass.

Does your second video show brick?

Here's another video (with swearing) destroying a red brick.

No one needs a gun that can shoot through bricks, regardless of mortar. If it can do that imagine what that can do to a person, which is the reason people claim to need these weapons.

Timeline

Here's another video (with swearing) destroying a red brick.

No one needs a gun that can shoot through bricks, regardless of mortar. If it can do that imagine what that can do to a person, which is the reason people claim to need these weapons.

It kind of seems like the goal posts were moved here. I thought we were talking about brick walls here, not individual building materials all by themselves.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

any firearm, when repeatedly fired at the same spot on a brick wall, will eventually penetrate the wall.

even an air rifle (not classified as a firearm) can do it, although it may take years....

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

any firearm, when repeatedly fired at the same spot on a brick wall, will eventually penetrate the wall.

even an air rifle (not classified as a firearm) can do it, although it may take years....

One shot is not repeatedly firing.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

One shot is not repeatedly firing.

where is one shot mentioned?

Based on what i've seen you'd need more than an 7.62 to go through a brick or CMU Wall. Even the larger 7.62x54 can't quite do it.

specialized full copper bullets might for that caliber and similar calibers, but who's gonna buy those?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!