one...two...tree

Know your gun rights history

76 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

The NRA are crazy, you can't dispute that.

i suppose if one has a dislike for firearms, one could come to that conclusion.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

i suppose if one has a dislike for firearms, one could come to that conclusion.

I don't have a dislike for firearms at all. We have firearms in the house. I have a dislike for the NRA and its inappropriate and disgusting actions though.

Timeline

I don't have a dislike for firearms at all. We have firearms in the house. I have a dislike for the NRA and its inappropriate and disgusting actions though.

need i say ar-15? :hehe:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

I don't think people NEED an assault weapon, no. Does that mean I dislike firearms? No. I just know that people can't be trusted. :P

mmhhmmm. so people can't be trusted.....

my ar almost assaulted a few

coyotes

last night, but they beat feet too fast.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

mmhhmmm. so people can't be trusted.....

my ar almost assaulted a few

coyotes

last night, but they beat feet too fast.

:lol:

It really is the people, yes. Unfortunately we can't mentally evaluate everyone out there to buy a weapon, so it has to be controlled in other ways. If everyone was responsible then it would be a different issue. People can't even be bothered to return their cart at the supermarket, how can they be trusted to do the right thing with their gun? :whistle:

Timeline

:lol:

It really is the people, yes. Unfortunately we can't mentally evaluate everyone out there to buy a weapon, so it has to be controlled in other ways. If everyone was responsible then it would be a different issue. People can't even be bothered to return their cart at the supermarket, how can they be trusted to do the right thing with their gun? :whistle:

they will return their shopping carts if we adopt the german model of putting money in the lock to release it...

i agree it's the people too. however, one with a cch has been background checked more than one who buys a firearm but does not have a cch.

i'd support a fine for people not having completed a nra safety course. :devil:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

they will return their shopping carts if we adopt the german model of putting money in the lock to release it...

i agree it's the people too. however, one with a cch has been background checked more than one who buys a firearm but does not have a cch.

CCH doesn't really make a huge difference though. There are background checks, yes. Mental stability is not checked though. Look at the Raul Rodriguez case.

In a 22-minute video he recorded that night, Rodriguez can be heard telling a police dispatcher "my life is in danger now" and "these people are going to go try and kill me." He then said, "I'm standing my ground here," and shot Danaher after somebody appeared to grab his camera. The two other men were wounded.

This was all language he learned to get his concealed permit. Clearly going onto your neighbors driveway flashing a gun and then saying on the phone that your life is in danger is not stand your ground. These are not the actions of a "sane" person, yet he had a license to carry a concealed weapon.

At trial, prosecutors tried to show Rodriguez had a history of not getting along with Danaher and other neighbors.

One neighbor testified that Rodriguez, who had a concealed handgun license, bragged about his guns and told her a person could avoid prosecution in a shooting by telling authorities you were in fear of your life and were standing your ground and defending yourself. During the trial's punishment phase, neighbors, former co-workers and Rodriguez's ex-wife testified that Rodriguez was abusive, a bad neighbor and that he once shot a dog.

Edit: I agree about the shopping carts, if only we had more dollar coins. It needs to be at least a dollar to make sure people return them!

Edited by rocks

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

So I understand how having a grenade launcher on a rifle might feel...well...assault like...

But how does a pistol grip or a telescopic stock make a rifle more "dangerous"....

Edited by Sousuke

I don't think people NEED an assault weapon, no. Does that mean I dislike firearms? No. I just know that people can't be trusted. :P

We had an assault weapons ban for years and years. They couldn't even define what an assault weapon was. It is a term that means nothing. Of the two rifles below, one was legal during the ban and one was not.

both semiautomatic, both firing 5.56 mm ammunition.

PS - top one was legal during the assault weapons ban.

pop_wm_4147266.jpg

Colt.jpg

Edited by DaveE

Timeline

CCH doesn't really make a huge difference though. There are background checks, yes. Mental stability is not checked though. Look at the Raul Rodriguez case.

background checks are more extensive for cch than for just buying a gun.

This was all language he learned to get his concealed permit. Clearly going onto your neighbors driveway flashing a gun and then saying on the phone that your life is in danger is not stand your ground. These are not the actions of a "sane" person, yet he had a license to carry a concealed weapon.

i'm not even a lawyer and i knew he was wrong. perhaps his cch instructor didn't emphasis enough on when one could invoke that law - or just maybe, this guy had bad judgment no matter what anyone told him?

So I understand how having a grenade launcher, on a rifle might feel...well...assault like...

But how does a pistol grip or a telescopic stock make a rifle more "dangerous"....

i has no clue.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

background checks are more extensive for cch than for just buying a gun.

i'm not even a lawyer and i knew he was wrong. perhaps his cch instructor didn't emphasis enough on when one could invoke that law - or just maybe, this guy had bad judgment no matter what anyone told him?

They might be more extensive, but clearly they don't help if the person is a nut job. He is not mentally stable enough to be responsible to own a gun, this was not detected in his background checks. What kind of a person shoots a dog AND tells people that you can avoid prosecution in a shooting by lying? I agree that he had bad judgement, no matter what anyone told him. He should not have been allowed to own a gun, and definitely should not have been given a concealed permit.

Timeline

We had an assault weapons ban for years and years. They couldn't even define what an assault weapon was. It is a term that means nothing. Of the two rifles below, one was legal during the ban and one was not.

both semiautomatic, both firing 5.56 mm ammunition.

PS - top one was legal during the assault weapons ban.

pop_wm_4147266.jpg

Colt.jpg

Yeah. It's complicated, I know. As I have stated previously, I don't see why anyone needs to own an AK. Why does anyone NEED a weapon that can shoot through a wall? Why does anyone NEED one of those enormous magazines for them too? This is not for home defense, this is something else...

556-AK-100-round.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Yeah. It's complicated, I know. As I have stated previously, I don't see why anyone needs to own an AK. Why does anyone NEED a weapon that can shoot through a wall? Why does anyone NEED one of those enormous magazines for them too? This is not for home defense, this is something else...

556-AK-100-round.jpg

Well the AK and the AR are not that special - they fire .223 and 7.62 rounds. Lots of other rifles shoot similar or larger rounds. A pistol grip and a telescopic stock can make a rifle an assault rifle which I don't get....there just ergonomic features.

Timeline

Well the AK and the AR are not that special - they fire .223 and 7.62 rounds. Lots of other rifles shoot similar or larger rounds. A pistol grip and a telescopic stock can make a rifle an assault rifle which I don't get....there just ergonomic features.

Do the AK and the AR have the same power?