lilyw

Which office does Interview and Oath at the same day?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello. I am new to this forum.

I am currently stationed in Germany with my husband who is in the military. I am trying to apply for expedited naturalization under 319(b). I called USCIS military help line, and the operator said that I have to fly back to the States for the interview and the oath ceremony if I am going to apply for naturalization under section 319(b).

Now, my question is, which office has the interview/oath ceremony same day service and the expedited passport service near by?

Since I live in Germany now, I don't want to stay in the States for long time.

I read some posts saying that Fairfax, VA and Honolulu, HI have same day service. Is that correct?

Also, I was just wondering if there is any other location that has same day service?

If you know any locations, please let me know. I need to request the location when I submit the application.

Thanks in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

You could just file for the overseas naturalization of military spouses under section 319(e) and do EVERYTHING in Germany - My link

The whole process took about 9 weeks for me early this year. I filed the N-400 on January 6th and had interview and oath ceremony at the consulate in Frankfurt on 15 March. It works REALLY quick :blush:

05/2007 - got married in Germany

05/2007 - filed I-130 via DCF in Frankfurt

08/2007 - interview to prove bona fide marriage

09/2007 - hubby PCSed to GA

10/2007 - hubby deployed to Iraq

04/2008 - hubby on RnR in Germany

08/2008 - received CR-1 visa

12/2008 - flew to GA alone to welcome home the hubs

09/2009 - PCSed to CA

03/2010 - we're pregnant!

06/2010 - applied for German "BBG" to retain German citizenship during naturalization

08/2010 - BBG granted

09/2010 - filed ROC

12/2010 - received 10 year GC

12/2010 - our little miracle is born!!!

01/2011 - PCSed to Germany

01/2012 - filed N-400 for overseas naturalization

03-15-2012 - Best of Both Worlds, I'm a dual citizen :-)

Timeline

You could just file for the overseas naturalization of military spouses under section 319(e) and do EVERYTHING in Germany - My link

The whole process took about 9 weeks for me early this year. I filed the N-400 on January 6th and had interview and oath ceremony at the consulate in Frankfurt on 15 March. It works REALLY quick :blush:

Thanks for the reply, Ruffie. I'd love to have interview and oath here in Germany, but I am not qualified for section 319(e) yet, because I got my first green card (2years green card) last year, so I haven't been a permanent resident for 3 years yet.)

That is why if I wanted to apply for naturalization, I have to use 319(b) which waives 3 years residency requirement, and have interview and oath in the States.

I know how inconvenient it is and I really wish I could obtain citizenship without traveling back to the States...

Ruffie, a question for my friend, can she apply to Frankfurt Embassy or does she have to apply to Nebraska?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Thanks for the reply, Ruffie. I'd love to have interview and oath here in Germany, but I am not qualified for section 319(e) yet, because I got my first green card (2years green card) last year, so I haven't been a permanent resident for 3 years yet.)

That is why if I wanted to apply for naturalization, I have to use 319(b) which waives 3 years residency requirement, and have interview and oath in the States.

I know how inconvenient it is and I really wish I could obtain citizenship without traveling back to the States...

oooooooooooh, I see. Well when would you reach the 3 year residency requirement? Do you "have" to apply for naturalization now? Maybe consider waiting? After all, you can apply 90 before reaching that 3 year mark. It just depends if the flight(s)/costs to the US are worth having it sooner? But then again, if you want to wait for the 3 year mark, you'd have to file ROC, too, so that's extra cost too. hmmm... ya, that's a stupid situation :-(

Ruffie, a question for my friend, can she apply to Frankfurt Embassy or does she have to apply to Nebraska?

Are they here with the military? Any military folks HAVE to send their application to Nebraska either way. If they mark on the application that they're trying to apply under 319(e), it'll get forwarded to Frankfurt. Also, after the application is sent, they have to contact Frankfurt who will then email a document that they need to fill out and return to the Consulate.

05/2007 - got married in Germany

05/2007 - filed I-130 via DCF in Frankfurt

08/2007 - interview to prove bona fide marriage

09/2007 - hubby PCSed to GA

10/2007 - hubby deployed to Iraq

04/2008 - hubby on RnR in Germany

08/2008 - received CR-1 visa

12/2008 - flew to GA alone to welcome home the hubs

09/2009 - PCSed to CA

03/2010 - we're pregnant!

06/2010 - applied for German "BBG" to retain German citizenship during naturalization

08/2010 - BBG granted

09/2010 - filed ROC

12/2010 - received 10 year GC

12/2010 - our little miracle is born!!!

01/2011 - PCSed to Germany

01/2012 - filed N-400 for overseas naturalization

03-15-2012 - Best of Both Worlds, I'm a dual citizen :-)

Thank you, yes they are military and PCSing to the OK in November, they don't know whether it is worth filing citizenship here or waiting until they go back to the US, could they file in Nebraska and request interviewing etc in OK?

Are they here with the military? Any military folks HAVE to send their application to Nebraska either way. If they mark on the application that they're trying to apply under 319(e), it'll get forwarded to Frankfurt. Also, after the application is sent, they have to contact Frankfurt who will then email a document that they need to fill out and return to the Consulate.

Timeline

oooooooooooh, I see. Well when would you reach the 3 year residency requirement? Do you "have" to apply for naturalization now? Maybe consider waiting? After all, you can apply 90 before reaching that 3 year mark. It just depends if the flight(s)/costs to the US are worth having it sooner? But then again, if you want to wait for the 3 year mark, you'd have to file ROC, too, so that's extra cost too. hmmm... ya, that's a stupid situation :-(

Well, I don't HAVE to apply for naturalization now, but I want to get a job on post, and most of jobs require to be a U.S. citizen. I know I can wait for 2 more years and apply for naturalization under section 319(e), but I kinda wanna start building my career asap, so I think it is worth paying for flight tickets. Plus, my husband is deployed now, so I might be able to fly with SPACE A. It would be nice so I don't have to pay for it haha =)

• 3 years later...

Hi ruffie, i hope you're still active here? I just have a question regarding the citizenship. I already send my packet to n400 and got my receipt in the mail. I was just wondering if the Frankfurt consulate are the one gonna contact me for the interview? Thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Old thread closed for Zombieing, *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.