Brian-n-Jinkie

Visa Delivery

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How long did it take you to to have your visa in your hand from the time of your approval at the interview?

4/4/11 ---- Met on filipino.com

10/17/11-10/21/11 ---- visited Jinkie in Philippines

10/23/11 ---- proposed to Jinkie

12/7/11 ---- mailed I-129F

12/12/11----Received at VSC

12/14/11 ---- NOA1 (email/txt) I-129F received

12/16/11 ---- NOA1 (mail) I-129F received

12/23/11 ---- Touched

3/12-21/12 ---- Visited Jinkie in Philippines

4/13/12 --- 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!

4/20/12 ---- NOA2

4/23/12 ---- Received NOA2 email/text

5/16/12 ---- NVC letter with case number saying within a week petition will be forwarded to Embassy

6/15/12 --- Scheduled Interview appt

6/18/12 --- Received instruction letter from PI embassy

6/19/12 --- Medical Exam

7/2/12 --- INTERVIEW!

7/25/12 --- Needed Police Clearance from Bahrain. Arrived and sent to Embassy 7/25

---- CALLED REPEATEDLY!!! ----

8/23/12 --- Visa Issued

8/29/12 --- Visa Received

8/30/12 --- CFO Seminar Completed

8/31/12 --- Arrived at POE - Detroit WOOHOO!! IN MY ARMS AGAIN!!!

11/1/12 --- Married!!!!

Adjustment of Status

11/15/12--- filed AOS

11/20/12--- NOA1

Brian - Shreveport, Louisiana

Jinkie - Quezon City, Philippines

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I can do all things through CHRIST who strengthens me" - Philippians 4:13

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

How long did it take you to to have your visa in your hand from the time of your approval at the interview?

If you were approved on July 2nd, then you definately need to call 2Go and ask where your passport is now.

I wonder if the last line of this poster's timeline:

7/25/12 --- Needed Police Clearance from Bahrain. Arrived and sent to Embassy 7/25,

might have something to do with the delay in receiving the visa.

Sid

I wonder if the last line of this poster's timeline:

7/25/12 --- Needed Police Clearance from Bahrain. Arrived and sent to Embassy 7/25,

might have something to do with the delay in receiving the visa.

Sid

Certainly. It would be a good idea to contact the embassy and 2GO courier at this point. Normally, 2GO should have it delivered within 2 weeks. Since, they had to submit additional documents, this would cause delay. However, it is coming up to 2 weeks now. OP, if you haven't already, why don't you try and track your visa on the 2GO website? If it isn't available for tracking, why don't you contact the embassy and ask them about it?

2GO Tracking: http://supplychain.2go.com.ph/CustomerSupport/etrace/index.asp

You should be able to track the visa either by passport number or MNL case number.

Edited by ToddnJessa

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Certainly. It would be a good idea to contact the embassy and 2GO courier at this point. Normally, 2GO should have it delivered within 2 weeks. Since, they had to submit additional documents, this would cause delay. However, it is coming up to 2 weeks now. OP, if you haven't already, why don't you try and track your visa on the 2GO website? If it isn't available for tracking, why don't you contact the embassy and ask them about it?

You should be able to track the visa either by passport number or MNL case number.

You have info that was not privy to me when I replied. She did not have that last entry in her timeline when I replied. :crying:

I'm just curious and would appreciate any info. from members that have had personal experience and knowledge regarding a visa being "approved" and later, additional documents being asked for by the embassy issuing the visa. I have no knowledge of a visa being approved and then, additional documents/evidence being asked for. It is my personal experience and knowledge that once a visa has been approved no additional documents/evidence is needed.

Sid

I'm just curious and would appreciate any info. from members that have had personal experience and knowledge regarding a visa being "approved" and later, additional documents being asked for by the embassy issuing the visa. I have no knowledge of a visa being approved and then, additional documents/evidence being asked for. It is my personal experience and knowledge that once a visa has been approved no additional documents/evidence is needed.

Sid

From the timeline signature the OP has, the visa was not necessarily approved at the day of interview. Judging by what I have read from others, it can happen that the embassy will ask for something missing rather than handing out denial or AP. For example, I have seen many where the CO was willing to approve but needed say one piece of info. such as NBI clearance (in the case of the Philippines). In this case, the CO would hold on to the passport and just wait for the requested document/evidence such as an RFE in the petition stage. The request is fulfilled, and the visa is officially approved.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

From the timeline signature the OP has, the visa was not necessarily approved at the day of interview. Judging by what I have read from others, it can happen that the embassy will ask for something missing rather than handing out denial or AP. For example, I have seen many where the CO was willing to approve but needed say one piece of info. such as NBI clearance (in the case of the Philippines). In this case, the CO would hold on to the passport and just wait for the requested document/evidence such as an RFE in the petition stage. The request is fulfilled, and the visa is officially approved.

Thanks for the reply. I have known others that have experienced the same as you stated above.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

About a week.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

• 2 months later...

How long u waited for your bah. Police clearnce? And where u apply? Coz i been waiting for 2 months now.. Im in cr1 category..thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.