miSSingMyBabyMuch

Flooding in Manila and How it Affects Visa Interviews Scheduled

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So does this mean September interviews will adjust to later date? Hope not :blush:

Of course not. If you have a September date you are locked in, unless they had something happen on your particular day. Today's interviews will just get shuffled in to the next few days, weeks. But, if you don't have September interview date they might go away faster, nobody knows...

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Of course not. If you have a September date you are locked in, unless they had something happen on your particular day. Today's interviews will just get shuffled in to the next few days, weeks. But, if you don't have September interview date they might go away faster, nobody knows...

Yes i already have my interview date for September. Hoping this bad weather will go away sooooonnnnnNNnn! :wacko:

case3.jpg

*CONTINUATION

Received 221g(NBI with AKA)

Sept 5, 2012- sent requested document

Sept 6, 2012- Received doc at USEM by Mr. Leonilo Bernardino

Sept 10, 2012- called USEM and VISA WAS ISSUED

Sept 13, 2012- RECEIVED MY VISA

Sept 14, 2012- CFO seminar done(SMEF-COW)

SEPT 22, 2012- HAPPY FOREVER AFTER

Timeline

Yes i already have my interview date for September. Hoping this bad weather will go away sooooonnnnnNNnn! :wacko:

You and I both. This weather isn't good for anything right now..

NO RFE'S

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

Timeline

I am worried either.. Me and my friends will have our interview next week.. Hopefully we will not get affected.. We have waited for so long, I would be very dissapointed if it'll get cancelled due to rain.. Gosh the rain ruined everything!!! :(

Filed: Timeline

Embassy is closed today(Tuesday) due to weather. Soonest appointment was sep 30th, really getting out there. Our thoughts and prayers also to the people experiencing unfortunate circumstances.

oh no..that's not good. so those people who's interview got cancelled they have to wait that long? poor them :crying:

when did you find out about that info? (sched)

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Hi guys,

Last week I saw in the news that Roxas Blvd was flooded due to the heavy rains. Now, I have read that Pagasa raised the red warning for Metro Manila stating that heavy to intense rainfall will continue. I was just wondering if this is the case and Roxas Blvd is flooded again, do they usually suspend interviews scheduled for the day? I asking because my interview is coming up real soon and I'm curious if they do reschedule interviews if this is the case.

165308-the-main-street-of-roxas-boulevard.jpg

WOW that is a wild picture. I was just in that same area this time last year. Good luck to everyone in and around the next few weeks timeframe for medical and interviews. Have faith!

Timeline

oh no..that's not good. so those people who's interview got cancelled they have to wait that long? poor them :crying:

I doubt that. I was just saying what the earliest interview time was when I called this morning... Nothing to do with the people that were cancelled today.

NO RFE'S

I doubt that. I was just saying what the earliest interview time was when I called this morning... Nothing to do with the people that were cancelled today.

i went to check out the fb fanpage of usem-manila, philippines. yap they have to do the rescheduling....same procedure again. i assumed they will get delay UNLESS they have reason to request for expedite such as expiration of their noa2(or etc) just like it stated in embassy website. i really feel sorry for them. :crying:

Timeline

The delays are twofold sadly: those who were scheduled during the floods will push them out to reschedule, and those of us awaiting documentation (be it case numbers, passports, *ahem* birth certificate corrections) will be pushed out even further. One can only hope this passes over quickly so that they can resume daily functions for everyone.

The delays are twofold sadly: those who were scheduled during the floods will push them out to reschedule, and those of us awaiting documentation (be it case numbers, passports, *ahem* birth certificate corrections) will be pushed out even further. One can only hope this passes over quickly so that they can resume daily functions for everyone.

really sad. but like the saying "things happen for a reason"...as long they are safe...it doesn't matter if their schedule takes months and months. what will they do if something terrible happen...their visa/s will be useless.

Timeline

If anyone local in Manila can update conditons there it would be appreciated. My fiance was going to travel to Manila on Sunday and have her medical on Monday and Tuesday?

Is that still possible?

Timeline

Yes that really sucks, i wasn't aware they would have to reschedule like starting over. I thought in the past that people were called and fit in.

Well the rains stayed away for the morning but started again lightly in the afternoon and now monsoons again. This is north of manila 100 kilometers but im sure its the same there. SUCKS!!!!

NO RFE'S

Timeline

Before Ema came home I was looking at the weather forcast at timeanddate.com and it said the forcast from this sat through most of next week looked good. Ema goes back next weds for her interview on Thursday. She left this morning after her medical was finished and she said the roads to the airport were clear. The cab ride cost her 300 pesos, but she was glad to be going home and not stuckat the hotel for another night. I would say double check the forcast, and would go.

May 9, 11. Met on dating site Filipinacupid

chat 2x a day since

Dec 23, 11. met in Cebu, traveled to Balamban.

Dec 25th 11 asked her fathers permission to marry her in Cebuano. Engaged.

Jan 1, 12. Came home.

Jan 18th 12, I-129f recieved at vsc

Jan 25th 12, first noa

Feb 9 12, touched

July 2, 12 approved

July 7, 12 recieved noa2

July 16th, called nvc recieved case #

Aug 1st, CFO completed

Aug 16th, Interview date and Approved

I am worried either.. Me and my friends will have our interview next week.. Hopefully we will not get affected.. We have waited for so long, I would be very dissapointed if it'll get cancelled due to rain.. Gosh the rain ruined everything!!! :(

When is your interview? Mine is on Monday, August 13.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.