GGG1975

Automatic 2 year wait

68 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

7 years is nothing why you are stressing yourself

relax all will be good

the ambassy in casa are very hard cause they are doing there job cause there is lot of arranged marriage there

if your marriage is real one you dont have to stress yourself they will not give you hard time

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I don't think that a marriage is considered real or not just because Morocco deny them a visa. I've read plenty of stories of the consulate denying couples the first time and then a year later approving the application (Making them wait for nothing). In addition, Morocco sometimes doesn't interview the person or look at any additional evidence. They simple hand them the 221g and can be really nasty by saying, "We don't believe you." I'm just hoping to get through the process the first time around. We're continuing to collect evidence and all we can do is wait.

I've read plenty of horror stories of people being denied in Morocco and their marriage were legitimate. So a denial doesn't mean the marriage is real or fake. I noticed people with property or money in Morocco have no problem getting a visa. But if your husband is poor he is judged for it. And treated badly by consulate representatives.

And some people report going into the consulate being asked 1 or 2 questions and are given a visa while others are interviewed for 45 minutes and then denied. People can be denied based on how the interviewer feel that day not based on policy or rules. And it's not fair because not all consulates do the same thing so depending on where you live factors in as well. And those marriages can be and are is as fake or real as any.

Edited by Genine

I agree. Despite being given some incorrect information, the OP sounds well informed about the tough realities of this consulate and has a realistic outlook.

Genine it sounds like you have you done some very smart things with gathering lots of proof of family support, etc, and with how you prepared your application. I wish you lots of luck, and as easy a time as possible with Casablanca!

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Timeline

Are you past your processing date? Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do but move forward. It may take a couple of times to get my husband here but that's what we signed up for. And please tell your wife not to be sad or stressed but use this energy to improve your case. In the end it will all work out. Just don't give up. I was really down the other day but the people who responded to my post and my husband has helped me gain some strength to carry on.

If you ever feel down feel free to email me. Morocco is a tough consulate but people do get visas. Do not be sad but rejoice in all the possibilities that await us.

Sincerely,

Genine

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think whatever information is wrong !

I met my husband (he is a US citizen) 4 months online and we got married after that from a first visit.We applied for the visa 2 months after our marriage and he went to Iraq to deploy. the whole visa process took 7 months and I was approved for the visa.

I was too afraid of their reaction from the fact that we married on a first visit and only after 4 months of chatting, I guess maybe the fact that he was in iraq and couldn't get more vacation days off to visit me made it easier for us. But I know for sure that the short period of time we talked in didn't affect our visa process.

They were nice and receptive, I wasn't even questioned about it or anything ! I guess in your case, there won't be any doubt either since your family came to morocco and met your husband's family + the visit's time you spent here.

Don't worry too much, and trust in your relationship, I think they are well trained to know the difference between a real and a fraud relationship and I don't think the timing really matter that much in those cases.

USCIS Petition(s) Filed

Date I-130 Sent : 2011-05-06

Date I-130 NOA2 (Approved) : 2011-08

National Visa Center Processing

Date Package Received By NVC : 2011-09

Case Completed at NVC :2011-10

Consulate Processing

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):2011-12

Interview Result:APROVED !!! Hamdulilah

POE:Boston, 2012-02

Timeline

I think whatever information is wrong !

I met my husband (he is a US citizen) 4 months online and we got married after that from a first visit.We applied for the visa 2 months after our marriage and he went to Iraq to deploy. the whole visa process took 7 months and I was approved for the visa.

I was too afraid of their reaction from the fact that we married on a first visit and only after 4 months of chatting, I guess maybe the fact that he was in iraq and couldn't get more vacation days off to visit me made it easier for us. But I know for sure that the short period of time we talked in didn't affect our visa process.

They were nice and receptive, I wasn't even questioned about it or anything ! I guess in your case, there won't be any doubt either since your family came to morocco and met your husband's family + the visit's time you spent here.

Don't worry too much, and trust in your relationship, I think they are well trained to know the difference between a real and a fraud relationship and I don't think the timing really matter that much in those cases.

Thank you. I read your write-up about the Consulate when I first signed-up to VJ. I thought maybe because you were a women may have been the reason for the easy processing. Based on your husband being in the military could weigh heavily as well. I don't know, no one seems to know the reason that some legitimate relationships get denied and others don't. But I appreciate your words of encouragement and so thankful that you shared your story with me. My husband and I are just waiting and hoping for the best. I doubt that we are processed within 7 months. Immigration has already had our file for the past 4 months and next month we hit the average processing time of 5 months. But miracles do happen everyday :). My file is in Vermont and they are behind, very behind :(.

Thank you

Timeline

Your information is outdated. Yes they do interview people and interview them extensively. You can be prepared by reviewing the lists of questions that have been posted by others who have had more recent interviews. Thinking about a consulate "worrying about our feelings" is an immature overly emotional viewpoint that will not help you prepare. Their job is not to worry about your feelings but to detect fraudulent peririonera and stop them from entering the US. If you lived in Morocco and walked into Internet cafes on and saw young unemployed Moroccans trolling for ways to get out of their difficult circumstances, hopefully you would have a different perspective.

Wow...ignorance at large....there are fraudulent piranhas everywhere not just in Morocco and there are plenty of consulates that are not as abusive as Morocco but those piranhas are allowed to come to my country without being verbally abused or hassled like some Moroccan beneficiaries. It's an unfair process so to call people piranhas and exclude all the people from other countries who are gold diggers and marry men 20 and 30 years older and assume they are honest because they are approved, is stupid. If I'm emotional then you are stupid in your reply...better yet stay off my forum. And I am very aware they are not worrying about my feelings. That's obvious in how they treat people.

Edited by GGG1975

i_love_piranhas_keychain-p146406679961183056env08_400.jpg

Wow...ignorance at large....there are fraudulent piranhas everywhere not just in Morocco and there are plenty of consulates that are not as abusive as Morocco but those piranhas are allowed to come to my country without being verbally abused or hassled like some Moroccan beneficiaries. It's an unfair process so to call people piranhas and exclude all the people from other countries who are gold diggers and marry men 20 and 30 years older and assume they are honest because they are approved, is stupid. If I'm emotional then you are stupid in your reply...better yet stay off my forum. And I am very aware they are not worrying about my feelings. That's obvious in how they treat people.

your comments are increasingly unhinged, and ridiculous.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Timeline

i_love_piranhas_keychain-p146406679961183056env08_400.jpg

your comments are increasingly unhinged, and ridiculous.

It wasn't me who used the word "piranhan" it was the previous responder. I used his/her word because he/she generalized Moroccans as being "piranhans" so if you're going to scorn someone comment to him/her not me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.