5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello VJ family,

We are filing for AOS. I was wondering what to do with i-693? I don't have any idea about this step. I already had a medical exam in Istanbul. Do I have to do anything else for this or will POE send this information to USCIS automatically?

Thank you for your replies.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You do not need a new medical exam. Whether or not you need to see a civil surgeon for the I-693 depends on whether or not your DS-3025 shows you had all the required vaccinations or not. If you had all the vaccinations required for AOS at the time of the medical and they are marked off on your DS-3025, then no need to see a civil surgeon. If you were missing any, then you need to find a civil surgeon to get the missing vaccinations and have your vaccinations transcribed to an I-693.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Timeline

my husband is from turkey and had his medical in Istanbul as well. We were advised to complete the I-693 and visited a civil surgeon. They gave him 2 additional shots and a new TB test. They do not accept the chest xray alone in the USA as proof of a negative TB. The whole thing cost us $250 with exam and shots and completed I-693. You can always wait for a RFE to see if you need it. They can also request it at interview if you have one.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

If you have medical insurance, you could go to your family physician,(if you don't have one i recommend you to get one, at least in new york state) so your doctor can tell you if you are missing any shot and give it to you if needed, with that, you can go to a civil surgeon, being sure you have ur vaccination complete.

I had my medical overseas in Argentina. I didn't send any I-693 with my AOS pack, I only sent a letter explaining I had the medical 2 months before that. When I went to the interview they said my Green Card is approved, but I would need to go to a civil surgeon to get the vaccination record filled again.

So if you go to your doctor in the U.S and he/she says you have all the shots required in the country, is fine, if not you can go ahead and get the ones you are missing, and then visit a civil surgeon, keep an eye on Varicella and Meningitis shot, it was what they asked me to complete.

Anyways, where I had my interview, it looks like they send ALL k1-k2 to review their vaccination.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

And remember, civil surgeon will review ur shot history, you don't need to get the shots there, so is better if you go to ur personal doctor fist, because most likely your medical insurance will cover the vaccinations you may need, as is part of being healthy, and then take the records to the civil surgeon.

Edited by LeilaLyn

Visa K1

Vermont Service Center

Consulate :Argentina

I-129F Sent : 2011-08-12

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-08-16

Interview Date : 2012-02-02

Visa Received : 2012-02-15

Estimates/Stats :

My I-129f was approved in 120 days from your NOA1 date.

My interview took 170 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS:

CIS Office : Syracuse NY

Date Filed : 2012-03-20 (Lock-box Chicago)

USCIS received : 2012-03-22

NOA1 email: 2012-04-02

Check Cashed: 2012-04-03

NOA in hand: 2012-04-09

Biometrics: 2012-04-20

EAD & AP Approved 2012-05-16

AOS interview 2012-07-30 APPROVED

GC Prod. order 2012-08-10

Green card touched 2012-08-15!!!!

ROC:

Vermont Service Center

Date sent : 2014-05-09

Vmnt received : 2014-05-12

Check Cashed: 2014-05-15

Children NOA received: 2014-05-16

My NOA received 2014-05-29

Biometric Current

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Here is the chart of what is required by age for adjustment of status: http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html#tbl1

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.