Dreams24

Case under Administrative Processing (AP) in india

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi friends

I would like to start this thread, so that everyone can share their AP's timeline's here in a specified format below. I guess by using this thread, we all can share our experience and we can get some idea about Ap's timings.

Visa journey Timeline suggests avg day for AP would be 67 days.

USCIS site says: Minimum 60 days

VFS delhi Says: 4-6 Weeks

My search says: Minimum 6 Weeks to Approve ---- Max 6 months to 1 years. (As of now)

My case is under Administrative Processing (AP).

Embassy: New Delhi

Interview Date: 23rd July

Reason for AP: Needs more proof for our relationship for which they issued 221g.

Received letter on 24th july from VFS with my passport.

It's my sincere request to all members. Kindly share your AP's exp and Timeline's here. In the meantime i will also post some timeline's here in this thread.

Thanks to all for your kind support

CASE UNDER AP and Approval Timing: Profile 1

Profile Link: http://www.visajourn.../119303-july15/

Embassy ~ New Delhi

April 10, 2012 - Received Email, Interview Date: May 9th! Yeeey!

April 16, 2012 - Medical Exam

May 09, 2012 - INTERVIEW = AP

Jul 03, 2012 - Called DoS AP OVER, VFS's website says passport was handed over to Blue Dart, Waiting for delivery :-)

Jul 06, 2012 - VISA IN HAND (Visa was issued on July 2nd)

Timeline

just submit your mails, chats (print screen), phone call record (incoming and outgoing, passports visa stamps, boarding passes, i guess you can also prepare affidavit from your parents that they are happy about your marriage and everything which shows that u both know each other.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi My husband had his interview on sep 26 2011 and his case is in adminstrative process for 10 months and they kept the passport. He submitted all the relationship proofs after 4 days of interview. Every time we contact same response "case is under adminstrative process". Senetor involved but no difference.

Edited by april6

Timeline

I hope and pray to god that your AP will end soon. This is really painfull for everyone.

Anyways just i wana tell you (if u r not aware) you can

check your case status here also

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==

if u dont mind may i knw what happen exactly in your interview and what kind of red flags in your case.

could you please tell me if i can submit few documents at VFS and the rest at new delhi US embassy?? does the consulate accepts it or will my case be kept under AP?? i submitted all the documents today at VFS except form I134 original and my fiance's ticket and passport photocopy...plz help i have my interview on august 7...

also could you please share what were you asked in your interview?

Timeline

Wish you all good luck!

We were in AP 8 weeks

Interview Date: May 9, 2012

Reason for AP: They didn't say.

Received Visa: July 6, 2012

USCIS
July 15, 2011 - NOA 1, Jan 24, 2012 - NOA 2

NVC
Feb 8, 2012 - NVC # & Invoice ID # Received
Feb 8, 2012 - Emailed NVC DS-3032 ( choice of agent ) Accepted!
Feb 9, 2012 - AOS Fee Paid
Feb 10, 2012 - AOS bill shows Paid :-)
Feb 10, 2012 - IV bill Paid (In Process)
Feb 14, 2012 - IV bill shows In Process, Fee was withdrawn from Bank Account. So,is PAID :-)
Feb 14, 2012 - IV bill shows Paid.
Feb 17, 2012 - AOS and IV Packages Sent to NVC, same envelope :-)
Feb 21, 2012 - AOS and IV Packages RECEIVED by NVC
Feb 24, 2012 - AOS Accepted.
Feb 24, 2012 - IV RFE "Original Marriage Certificate" It was included. Waiting for supervisor to review Marriage Certificate (10 - 15 days)
Mar 20, 2012 - RFE Sent
Mar 22, 2012 - CASE COMPLETE

Embassy ~ New Delhi
April 10, 2012 - Received Email, Interview Date: May 9th! Yeeey!
April 16, 2012 - Medical Exam
May 09, 2012 - INTERVIEW = AP
Jul 03, 2012 - Called DoS AP OVER, VFS's website says passport was handed over to Blue Dart, Waiting for delivery :-)

Jul 06, 2012 - VISA IN HAND (Visa was issued on July 2nd)

POE
Jul 17, 2012 - SAN DIEGO

July 28, 2012 - Welcome Letter Received
July 31, 2012 - Green Card Received
Aug. 01, 2012 - Applied for SSN
Aug. 07, 2012 - Received SSN Card :-) yeeeeeeey! Time to look for a job!

ROC I-751

May 08, 2014 - Sent I-751 to CSC

May 14, 2014 - NOA Received (Dated: 5/09/2014)

May 14, 2014 - Check Cashed

June 12, 2014 - Biometrics Appt.

Timeline

If u have already submitted packet 4 at new delhi embassy, then no need to submit documents again and again (even if some documents are pending). On Aug 7, at embassy they will ask for only original I-134. if u have any co-sponser for i-134 then you have to attach her/his identification proof's photocopy with latest TAX Transcript. Kindly collect your fiance's TAX transcript also. They will ask for that.

Regarding Proofs: You can still collect relationship proofs and bring them to your interview.

Our interview questions were very normal like whats ur fiancee's name, where she lives, other name and how many family members, what they all are doing, when you met and how u met? You can also check Reviews: Embassy/USCIS & POE section here to have some better idea. Best of luck for your interview and god bless you both.

You can pay your visa fees also by cash in dollars also or else via Demand Draft of Rs 13,920 ($240). But pls check for current exchange rate. I suggest, kindly make your DD prior 1-2 days only.

feel free for any questions/confusions.

could you please tell me if i can submit few documents at VFS and the rest at new delhi US embassy?? does the consulate accepts it or will my case be kept under AP?? i submitted all the documents today at VFS except form I134 original and my fiance's ticket and passport photocopy...plz help i have my interview on august 7...

also could you please share what were you asked in your interview?

Edited by Dreams24

Timeline

Thanks for your valuable feedback, I hope, god will help us to cross this tough time. Because i checked in VJ, some people has crossed 8-10 months AP time without any result.

Wish you all good luck!

We were in AP 8 weeks

Interview Date: May 9, 2012

Reason for AP: They didn't say.

Received Visa: July 6, 2012

Timeline

Hi

This is very long story

He was asked to deposit more poofs of relationship at vfs office at the time of interview on sep 26 2011. He provided all the documents on sep29 2011.He had phone interview on october 7 and after that he got a letter from embassy stating"Please come to the embassy on any working day for the oath ceremony". He got the letter on october 20th and went there on october 21th. At that time they returend all the photographs we send and they kept the passport and gave him a white paper stating your case is in administrative process and we will contact you when this process will be over. After that every time i email them or call them i got the same response that you case is in adminstrative process. I lived with my husband in india for 8 months.

After coming back in us in march 2012 i contact to my local senetor. He contact the embassy and got a totally different response "We are waiting for relationship proof documents from Mr. singh. Please tell him to deposit the documents at vfs office and we wil process the case as soon as we get the documents. Ok he resend all the documents on april 12 2012. But still no update and same response case in in administrative process. My husband is waiting for his passport and visa for almost 11 months. It is so painful. Our second annaversary is coming on august 22.

This is my second marriage so i think this is the red flag in our case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.