Andrew83

Last tidbits before sending I-129F Package

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Thank you all so much!

Is it ok to fill the form out by hand, but type the supplement? I hand wrote that, but it looked a little untidy, wasn't sure how to structure it neatly. YES, it is ok

Also, the only parts that I have enough room are the residences and employers. I do have room for the City, State, Country under residence, and also room for her job description. What I'm planning on doing is just making a supplement page, and ONLY putting the street address and number. On the form, I wrote "see attached" under that part, but continued to fill out Madrid, Spain, etc on the form. Is this ok? If the idea is just to have a clearly legible and understandable form and supplement, then I think it should be ok. However, if they are extreme sticklers, and it all has to be just so, I'd rather do it right once, instead of half assed. As long as everything is legible, tidy, and says what they need to know.. it should be fine. Are you using the same form provided in the forum as a guide? http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples

ALSO, I barely squeezed in her second last name on the top of the Form. It's legible if you look closely, but of course Im worried about it! haha. Her second last name is very clear at the bottom and on the supplement page. Will it be fine? Again, if it's legible, it should be fine. If you are still in doubt, make a new one.

Any fast responses will be GREATLY appreciated. Everything else is ready to go, just waiting on this :)

Responses in RED.

Keep in mind that the person who gets your file needs to see everything and understand it easily. Pretend you are the person who gets your file and ask yourself if you've complied with everything requested.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Sorry, I saw the reply this morning but was literally on my way to work. Glad you got an answer. :)

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

OK, so in the end I couldn't get it out yesterday....dealt with some very incompetent people trying to get a passport photo...needed it perfect and they just seemed to be very...unprofessional, like not paying much attention to specifications. Anyway, it could be a blessing in disguise because I had a chance to think it all over for the night.

Here are the LAST tidbits before sending haha...:

-Can't find a small plastic bag for my photo (have one for her), will a small sandwich bag be ok? And do I just staple these bags to a blank sheet of paper behind the G-325's? Do I sign that sheet? She wouldn't be here to sign

-In the blanks of the G-325a, It's the only thing Im slightly worried about. On 2 of the questions, the birth place of her parents, and her 2 (long) last names....I did the best I could with the space there was. It's legible, but for example, I had to put the town of her parents' birth, and then Colombia kinda above it. Not sloppy necessarily, but not PERFECT and beautiful. Any 10 year old who can read could understand. I hope that's all that matters...besides both her name and her hometown (the same as her parents' birth) is all OVER the entire I-129F.

-For evidence of seeing each other over the last two years, I am including: a boarding pass to Madrid, a gym contract over there that has my address as her address in Madrid (I'd think that shows I was really there and all, plus it's stamped and signed and all), a car rental receipt with my card number and her name, 5 or 6 photos, an envelope my mom sent to us on Christmas to her address in Madrid (the same address that is her current address in Madrid and all over the I-129F package).....do I send copies of these or originals? I had copies made just in case that was sufficient. Also, I bought a manila envelope to put them all in. I also bought post-it notes to put on each to briefly describe what it is (and why I put it in there?) For example for the gym contract they may say, "why did he put this in here?" And I'd put on the note something like, "This shows that we shared the same address, and clearly lived together"....or is that completely unnecessary? I'd like to put any and all proof that we have a real relationship and remove all doubt. I've read that that can speed up the process....

Ok I think that's it!

Quick responses will be so appreciated! I feel like my posts are annoyingly long, but I just want to get this right before I send, more for her than for me, because she is so ready to come!

THANKS ALL:)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

OK, so in the end I couldn't get it out yesterday....dealt with some very incompetent people trying to get a passport photo...needed it perfect and they just seemed to be very...unprofessional, like not paying much attention to specifications. Anyway, it could be a blessing in disguise because I had a chance to think it all over for the night.

Here are the LAST tidbits before sending haha...:

-Can't find a small plastic bag for my photo (have one for her), will a small sandwich bag be ok? And do I just staple these bags to a blank sheet of paper behind the G-325's? Do I sign that sheet? She wouldn't be here to sign. EACH G-325A has to have original signatures from you respectively (you sign yours, she signs hers). If you are missing her signature, you are screwed and you'll get an RFE. If you refer to the additional attachment to the form.. Yes, it also needs to be signed. Do you have an additional sheet for hers too?

-In the blanks of the G-325a, It's the only thing Im slightly worried about. On 2 of the questions, the birth place of her parents, and her 2 (long) last names....I did the best I could with the space there was. It's legible, but for example, I had to put the town of her parents' birth, and then Colombia kinda above it. Not sloppy necessarily, but not PERFECT and beautiful. Any 10 year old who can read could understand. I hope that's all that matters...besides both her name and her hometown (the same as her parents' birth) is all OVER the entire I-129F. Again, if it's legible, we would assume that they will understand what goes where. It doesn't have to be beautiful, but it doesn't have to be sloppy either.

-For evidence of seeing each other over the last two years, I am including: a boarding pass to Madrid, a gym contract over there that has my address as her address in Madrid (I'd think that shows I was really there and all, plus it's stamped and signed and all), a car rental receipt with my card number and her name, 5 or 6 photos, an envelope my mom sent to us on Christmas to her address in Madrid (the same address that is her current address in Madrid and all over the I-129F package).....do I send copies of these or originals? I had copies made just in case that was sufficient. Also, I bought a manila envelope to put them all in. I also bought post-it notes to put on each to briefly describe what it is (and why I put it in there?) For example for the gym contract they may say, "why did he put this in here?" And I'd put on the note something like, "This shows that we shared the same address, and clearly lived together"....or is that completely unnecessary? I'd like to put any and all proof that we have a real relationship and remove all doubt. I've read that that can speed up the process.... Adding Post- its is fine and everything you mentioned seems to be more than enough. Remember, you don't need to prove that you've lived together... All you have to establish is that the two of you have been in the same time and space, at least once, within the past 2 years. So, the things like the gym membership and the envelop from your mom are really not necessary yet (she can use those for the interview stage as proof of on going relationship). ALWAYS send COPIES! NEVER send an original. Are you following the K1 guide from here?

Ok I think that's it!

Quick responses will be so appreciated! I feel like my posts are annoyingly long, but I just want to get this right before I send, more for her than for me, because she is so ready to come!

THANKS ALL:)

EDIT: DO YOU HAVE THE LETTERS OF INTENT??? Please cross check your list with the guide http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Edited by Celeste & C

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

no, she signed the attachment, we did a bunch of them before I came back home, I just wasn't sure whch to use...i sent the best looking one we filled out together. I was asking if she needed to sign the sheet of paper that I stapled her passport photos to, behind her G-325a....She signed both her G-325a and the supplement sheet for it

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.