Hy Vong

If War Broke Out Between China and ASEAN

58 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

What will happen to the immigration visas if war broke out between China and some members of the Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN) in the next 6 months?

As China's economic and military rise, so does its bad behavior in dealing with its neighbors in the disputed sovereignty of the East Sea. Chances for wars or military conflicts between China and Vietnam are getting closer and closer to reality. The Vietnamese are preparing to fight and defend their country as the Chinese aggressively moving in for an invasion just like they tried to do for over 1000 years as well as in 1979. The Philippines are also being invaded by the Chinese unlawfully. However, Chinese economic successful in the past 30 years doesn't mean that they can successfully achieve their empire. Never underestimate the will to fight off invaders from the Vietnamese people, never! It doesn't matter how long it will take or how much the price is, the Vietnamese people will never never allow these aggressors to wrongfully step on the mother land. Question is, what will happen to the pending immigration visas if war broke out in Vietnam.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I hope that Japan, south korea, and the Philippines, with the support of the USA will join vietnam in the fight to control these aggressors. I have been worried about China for quite some time.....while others call me crazy for worrying about them.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline
1343339809[/url]' post='5558563']

What will happen to the immigration visas if war broke out between China and some members of the Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN) in the next 6 months?

As China's economic and military rise, so does its bad behavior in dealing with its neighbors in the disputed sovereignty of the East Sea. Chances for wars or military conflicts between China and Vietnam are getting closer and closer to reality. The Vietnamese are preparing to fight and defend their country as the Chinese aggressively moving in for an invasion just like they tried to do for over 1000 years as well as in 1979. The Philippines are also being invaded by the Chinese unlawfully. However, Chinese economic successful in the past 30 years doesn't mean that they can successfully achieve their empire. Never underestimate the will to fight off invaders from the Vietnamese people, never! It doesn't matter how long it will take or how much the price is, the Vietnamese people will never never allow these aggressors to wrongfully step on the mother land. Question is, what will happen to the pending immigration visas if war broke out in Vietnam.

That would be the onset of WWIII. At the end there shouldn't be many to emigrate and not much left wither to immigrate.

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

Publicly and secretly, Vietnam have worked closely with the U.S., India, Japan, and this week Vietnamese President Truong Tan Sang is visiting Russia in signing for more weapons such as 24 more Su 30MK fighters, 2 more Gepard 3.9 Frigates and updating on the status of the 6 kilo class Submarines that Russian is building for Vietnam where the first will be delivered in early 2014.

Never before that the Filipino and Vietnamese are working so closely that they are beginning to join and share data on the Chinese Navy movement in the East Sea. The U.S. is moving back to Asia, focusing 60% of its navy force mainly to the East and Southeast Asia. If the Chinese aggressors wrongfully invade, this will be the end to the Chinese ambitious to expand their empire and bully their smaller neighbors.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Don't know if it's true or not but I hear Vietnam has already given up or sold land to the Chinese in the North....

Timeline

The Vietnamese people are not easily be conquered and invaded by the Han like the Han did to the Tibetans, Zhuang, Manchu, Hui, Miao, Ughur, Mongol....

As the Chinese navy and military are wrongfully and unlawfully moving into the East Sea to invade the islands, sovereignty, dignity of the Vietnamese, of the Filipino and of the small Southeast Asian nations, we are united once again and for all. 100 million Vietnamese including 50 million men and women of the Vietnamese are in the ages of readying to carry guns to fight off invaders when the nation calls. The water and islands of the Southeast Asia area is not your Chinese people, you are close to 1000 miles away from your mainland but those islands are less than 100 miles to the mainland of the Philippines, Vietnam and other Southeast Asia nations and we, the Southeast Asian have been on and around those islands for many years for fishing and for marking our territories. Don't be an aggressor to invade our lan

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

God did not look upon the Earth and say: Who should I let WIN this time. We are our own destructive power and Man is responsible for decisions. Peace or War, Power.. This is Mans downfault. Leaders throughout History are declared INSANE. Human is not an Excuse when lives are lost for World Power.

Life goes on and many will die needless due to "Our Imperfect" way of thinking. In the 3 minutes I wrote this I would bet 3 died needlessely for some silly reason or another. What do you think?

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

The Vietnamese people are not easily be conquered and invaded by the Han like the Han did to the Tibetans, Zhuang, Manchu, Hui, Miao, Ughur, Mongol....

As the Chinese navy and military are wrongfully and unlawfully moving into the East Sea to invade the islands, sovereignty, dignity of the Vietnamese, of the Filipino and of the small Southeast Asian nations, we are united once again and for all. 100 million Vietnamese including 50 million men and women of the Vietnamese are in the ages of readying to carry guns to fight off invaders when the nation calls. The water and islands of the Southeast Asia area is not your Chinese people, you are close to 1000 miles away from your mainland but those islands are less than 100 miles to the mainland of the Philippines, Vietnam and other Southeast Asia nations and we, the Southeast Asian have been on and around those islands for many years for fishing and for marking our territories. Don't be an aggressor to invade our lan

I think you guys worry too much. I personally believe that there wouldn't be any shooting wars between the ASEAN countries and China. There's just too much at stake economically. China is strong, but not that strong (yet) to carry out her military ambitions. People like to think that it's the oil and gas that China's after and also the rich fishing grounds. But, IMO, it's the installation of military listening posts that the Chinese are after, and commercial enterprises come second.

This conflict is actually between the US and China, and right now they are playing "chicken". I hope the US is firm in dealing with the Chinese adventure in the South China Sea, and not once chicken out in the prospect for a naval conflict there.

To answer your question, I don't think emigration would be affected for both countries; Philippines and Vietnam. I am a Vietnam Vet and even during the height of the Vietnam War, emigration continued from Vietnam to the US. So don't worry about it. I have spent 30 years in the military and in that period, the US went to war in Vietnam, Cambodia, Panama, Grenada, and the first Persian Gulf war. None of those war brides were so much affected.

'

Edited by Joshuaching

Timeline

God did not look upon the Earth and say: Who should I let WIN this time. We are our own destructive power and Man is responsible for decisions. Peace or War, Power.. This is Mans downfault. Leaders throughout History are declared INSANE. Human is not an Excuse when lives are lost for World Power.

Life goes on and many will die needless due to "Our Imperfect" way of thinking. In the 3 minutes I wrote this I would bet 3 died needlessely for some silly reason or another. What do you think?

I think a whole lot more than 3....just my thoughts

Timeline

I think you guys worry too much. I personally believe that there wouldn't be any shooting wars between the ASEAN countries and China. There's just too much at stake economically. China is strong, but not that strong (yet) to carry out her military ambitions. People like to think that it's the oil and gas that China's after and also the rich fishing grounds. But, IMO, it's the installation of military listening posts that the Chinese are after, and commercial enterprises come second.

This conflict is actually between the US and China, and right now they are playing "chicken". I hope the US is firm in dealing with the Chinese adventure in the South China Sea, and not once chicken out in the prospect for a naval conflict there.

To answer your question, I don't think emigration would be affected for both countries; Philippines and Vietnam. I am a Vietnam Vet and even during the height of the Vietnam War, emigration continued from Vietnam to the US. So don't worry about it. I have spent 30 years in the military and in that period, the US went to war in Vietnam, Cambodia, Panama, Grenada, and the first Persian Gulf war. None of those war brides were so much affected.

True...but immigration was a whole lot easier back then....LOL

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Xin chao :) I'm not defending China at all and truly love my experiences with the viet public, but a reality check is in order. Without the backing of the worldwide community, there is little you can do to stop the absolutely massive and well armed Chinese. If you were indeed faced with the total might of the Chinese, without worldwide intervention, you will be occupied without a doubt. I'm talking military logistics, armament, and capability, not what is "right". The entirety of the viet forces would be little more than a speed bump to China's massive, well trained, well armed ground forces.

I do not doubt the commitment and will to fight of the noble Vietnamese, and I'd gladly stand in arms with you, but to infer you would do anything more than be overrun and die quickly is a dream. Fortunately the international community will not allow such aggression from China.

Timeline

I think you guys worry too much. I personally believe

'

I hope you are right but history has shown, whenever the Chinese are strong, their greed will never stop and to achieve this, they will pick on smaller nations whenever they get a chance and this is through military invasion or economic cheats.

Timeline

I hope you are right but history has shown, whenever the Chinese are strong, their greed will never stop and to achieve this, they will pick on smaller nations whenever they get a chance and this is through military invasion or economic cheats.

....and this is one of the main reasons that the US is stepping up its presence in the region. Even Obama understands that China is becoming more of a threat to the region.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Xin chao :) I'm not defending China at all and truly love my experiences with the viet public, but a reality check is in order. Without the backing of the worldwide community, there is little you can do to stop the absolutely massive and well armed Chinese. If you were indeed faced with the total might of the Chinese, without worldwide intervention, you will be occupied without a doubt. I'm talking military logistics, armament, and capability, not what is "right". The entirety of the viet forces would be little more than a speed bump to China's massive, well trained, well armed ground forces.

I do not doubt the commitment and will to fight of the noble Vietnamese, and I'd gladly stand in arms with you, but to infer you would do anything more than be overrun and die quickly is a dream. Fortunately the international community will not allow such aggression from China.

Well, didn't the U.S. and France also have a massive, well trained, well armed ground forces?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Humme' ? I wonder who Japan would side with. Allie or Foe.. The protection of the Philippines would greatly decide on this. Just a thought... an invasion of ANY Country to the Philippines would not be tollerated but, we would need days to Deploy.

Edited by Tim/Mav

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.