sittichai

UNFAIR USCIS PEOPLE

49 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

You're forgetting that not everyone gets EAD before greencard/interview.

The processing time is what it is, I admit i root for my fellow December filers as they were in that USCIS line long before you, some of them did not receive EAD before the interview. The wait is annoying, for sure! But you can't really speed it along.

From the day the case is transferred to a local office/CSC, you get another 180 days before you can put in a service request.

At least you're waiting together, right? :)

Is that Service Request even attended to? How come urs took so much time...how u doubted that they may have lost or misplaced your application?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

First come first serve at the office you're at. Applications are separated. Three months is nothing. Sorry.

Does it mean that if you submit AOS with EAD and AP (each have different receipt numbers), all of those three will be approved by difference people/diff centers?

like AOS is for Missouri(National Benefits Center), how about the two(EAD&AP)??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

I am unemployed and sit doing nothing (except to cook, clean, watch) and feel worthless at home!! I want to start work but these jerks at USCIS are not doing things properly, they are holding up my life!!!

Go volunteer if you're bored. It will build your resume for when you do want to get the AOS/EAD completed. Lots of volunteer opportunities out there, and you can choose your own schedule in most of them.

K1 Process -

1/30/12 - I-129F sent

2/2/12 - NOA1 Received (CSC)

2/3/12 - Visa App Fee Check Cashed

6/18/12 - NOA2 Email Received at 9PM MST

6/22/12 - NOA2 Letter Received in Mail

7/11/12 - NVC Received

7/13/12 - NVC Sent Case to Moldova Embassy

7/18/12 - Packet 3 dropped off to Embassy

7/19/12 - Packet 3 & 4 Instructions Received from Embassy

7/23/12 - Medical Exam Passed

7/27/12 - Interview

8/4/12 - POE Denver, CO

9/14/12 - Wedding #1 (Denver Courthouse)

9/17/12 - AOS/EAD sent

9/19/12 - AOS/EAD NOA1

10/23/12 - Biometrics

1/16/23 - AOS Interview

6/15/13 - Wedding #2 (Colorado)

6/22/13 - Wedding #3 (Moldova)

Imagine how many petitions they get a day. Imagine how many people it would take at NBC to be able to sort them all the day they get them, check for accuracy, and send them to their proper locations. Imagine how many people it would take for each new locations to get everything processed immediately.

Now imagine how much extra it would cost you for USCIS to employ THAT MANY extra people nationwide.

Waiting sucks, yes. But you're asking for a benefit, a favor, NOT something you are entitled to. 4 months is really not that long in the scheme of things.

Welcome to America. Government is slow.

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Is that Service Request even attended to? How come urs took so much time...how u doubted that they may have lost or misplaced your application?

Mine actually took less time than 180 days from transfer to approval.

No, I didn't think they lost or misplaced the case.

Service request will only be considered if you're outside normal processing time/goal.

Besides, cases that are sent to CSC usually take longer than the ones who are sent to local offices.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Does it mean that if you submit AOS with EAD and AP (each have different receipt numbers), all of those three will be approved by difference people/diff centers?

like AOS is for Missouri(National Benefits Center), how about the two(EAD&AP)??

They are considered seperate cases, just put in the same envelope, and each of them require their own seperate supporting evidence.

It's the other way around - AOS ends up either at CSC or local CIS office. EAD and AP are at NBC - here's the link for the processing time for those two; https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.dohttps://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Aren't they suppose to process the application on a First come first serve basis?? or are they just pulling out the application from a crock of sh***t???

I am getting annoyed of their unorderly and unjust process. While some of my fellow APRIL filers have started getting their approvals, all I could do each day is to refresh their freakin' update website but there is no update recently!!!

I have nothing against to those who have been approved. I am just unhappy of the process, having to pay for at least 1000++ for an unjust process.

I have to call to USCIS hotline and speak to agents reading their scripts all the time and providing no help at all other than to be verbative about their jobs. Ended up given a service request asking me to waiting another 15days of hell waiting!!

These bastards in the USCIS does not have proper procedure in this process..I am unemployed and sit doing nothing (except to cook, clean, watch) and feel worthless at home!! I want to start work but these jerks at USCIS are not doing things properly, they are holding up my life!!!

Extremely frustrated, dunno what to do else!!!

===========AOS===========

April 15, 2012 - AOS AP/EAD/ Sent

April 20, 2012 - Delivered to USCIS

April 27, 2012 - NOA1 letter for EAD/AP/AOS

May 15, 2012 - Letter for Biometrics

June 16 - BIometrics done

?????????? (waiting in vain)

Petitions come in the door first come first served. After that, they are taken apart, put into their own file boxes, and from that point each one makes it's own way through the process. Those are the procedures that are in place. No two cases are alike, some are straightforward, some are not.

You are wasting your time calling them anytime before you are outside the processing times given. A service request any earlier is pointless. All any of can do is wait.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

At least you are together. The hardest part of the process is the time spent apart. You must have known what you got yourself in for, that's why they make sure your partner can financially support you, because odds are it's going to be a while before you can work. You show your worth by just being there every day. Luckily my EAD came in 2 months so I've been able to work, but my Green card is nowhere in sight and I'm going to miss my Dad's wedding because of it. My AOS was sent to CSC so I will probably be waiting a VERY long time...FML!!!

I understand that it's frustrating. But you can't blame this on USCIS. I volunteered full time when I got here, before I even applied for AOS I had a full time 'job', I just didn't get paid. Get off your butt and start living your life, you'll feel a lot better for it.

Also joining sports clubs/ a gym is a great way to blow of some USCIS frustration and also to meet people, make this feel more like home.

Filed: Timeline

Aren't they suppose to process the application on a First come first serve basis?? or are they just pulling out the application from a crock of sh***t???

I am getting annoyed of their unorderly and unjust process. While some of my fellow APRIL filers have started getting their approvals, all I could do each day is to refresh their freakin' update website but there is no update recently!!!

I have nothing against to those who have been approved. I am just unhappy of the process, having to pay for at least 1000++ for an unjust process.

I have to call to USCIS hotline and speak to agents reading their scripts all the time and providing no help at all other than to be verbative about their jobs. Ended up given a service request asking me to waiting another 15days of hell waiting!!

These bastards in the USCIS does not have proper procedure in this process..I am unemployed and sit doing nothing (except to cook, clean, watch) and feel worthless at home!! I want to start work but these jerks at USCIS are not doing things properly, they are holding up my life!!!

Extremely frustrated, dunno what to do else!!!

===========AOS===========

April 15, 2012 - AOS AP/EAD/ Sent

April 20, 2012 - Delivered to USCIS

April 27, 2012 - NOA1 letter for EAD/AP/AOS

May 15, 2012 - Letter for Biometrics

June 16 - BIometrics done

?????????? (waiting in vain)

woot woot very well said :thumbs: :thumbs:

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Also joining sports clubs/ a gym is a great way to blow of some USCIS frustration and also to meet people, make this feel more like home.

I thought coming here was a way to blow off some USCIS frustration and meet new people. :)

Total elapsed time between filing I-129F to GC in hand 569 days or 1 Year, 6 months, 22 days.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

It is an election year... :innocent:

I'm just saying.

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

This takes time, others waiting longer than you, patience.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

I honestly think you're insane. Yeah yeah yeah, you wanna work and go see your family and all that, and as much as I understand, I don't understand what is so hard about waiting for AOS. I dk what type of visa you entered the states on, but if it was a family based, then it most likely took almost a year fir it to go through. It's been only three months. Hat are whining about?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.