lostinblue

Why Obama's College Records Matter

138 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

I think the lesson we need to learn is that we need a better vetting process for presidential candidates.

What best way to lead by example, then to insist Mitt Romney make his tax returns available to the American public?

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

I think the lesson we need to learn is that we need a better vetting process for presidential candidates.

What best way to lead by example, then to insist Mitt Romney make his tax returns available to the American public?

2010's are available here.

2011 you will have by October 15.

Timeline

The interest is on his earlier returns. IMHO he should release those so that he could dissipate once and for all the controversy about his involvement with Bain.

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Timeline

Funny thing is that the birthers think that the President's school records are on the same level as the financial disclosure. They're not. Simple as that.

Reading this birther article, it's so full of garbage it's not even funny. People don't know that Obama spent a few years of his childhood in Indonesia? Really? Any piece that discusses the President's upbringing clearly states that. **, look him up on wiki and it's right there. But then these birthers are so dumb they probably don't know what wiki is.

Timeline

Funny thing is that the birthers think that the President's school records are on the same level as the financial disclosure. They're not. Simple as that.

Reading this birther article, it's so full of garbage it's not even funny. People don't know that Obama spent a few years of his childhood in Indonesia? Really? Any piece that discusses the President's upbringing clearly states that. **, look him up on wiki and it's right there. But then these birthers are so dumb they probably don't know what wiki is.

It is just downright hypocritical, to be more precise. But then again, you can't expect reason from birthers.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

What about 2009, 2008, 2007, etc.? Candidates for President have released several years worth of tax returns and have done so for decades now. It's a long standing tradition that none other than Mitt's own father started over four decades ago.

The interest is on his earlier returns. IMHO he should release those so that he could dissipate once and for all the controversy about his involvement with Bain.

they're only interest is from the left wing loons. the none obama minions of the world don't care what romney does or did with HIS money. we care what obama is doing with OUR money.

7yqZWFL.jpg

Timeline

they're only interest is from the left wing loons. the none obama minions of the world don't care what romney does or did with HIS money. we care what obama is doing with OUR money.

I agree with you but fact remains that Romney was one of the loons who played into the birther cult, so he is reaping what he sowed. I wish he could release the tax returns he was asked so that he could put an end to this once and for all, similarly to the POUTS making his birth certificate available to the public despite the obvious lunacy associated with the birther cult.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

What about 2009, 2008, 2007, etc.? Candidates for President have released several years worth of tax returns and have done so for decades now. It's a long standing tradition that none other than Mitt's own father started over four decades ago.

Carter released only one, Reagan released only one and McCain two. IMHO if Romney released 30 years worth of returns, I don't believe it will make one bit of difference in who you or anyone else is voting for.

In addition Romney has been angling for the Presidency for nearly a decade. Do you think if there was issues they wouldn't have arisen by now, namely the IRS.

Edited by kytwell

Timeline

Carter released only one, Reagan released only one and McCain two. IMHO if Romney released 30 years worth of returns, I don't believe it will make one bit of difference in who you or anyone else is voting for.

I beg to differ. There are many to whom it would make a big difference if Romney were to release his tax returns. In fact, I think it would be a magnificent coup if he did that. Remember that he is running on his business acumen, and keeping the tax returns secret does not bode well, as neither does filing for extensions. If he cant even manage his tax returns, how do you expect him to manage our country?

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

If he cant even manage his tax returns, how do you expect him to manage our country?

There's nothing illegal or odd about filing an extension. 10 million others do it. And 2011 will be released by October 15, but the retort was "we" want years before that. Which is it? So even if you get all of those returns prior to 2010, the extension in 2011 still bodes bad then?

Timeline

There's nothing illegal or odd about filing an extension. 10 million others do it. And 2011 will be released by October 15, but the retort was "we" want years before that. Which is it? So even if you get all of those returns prior to 2010, the extension in 2011 still bodes bad then?

I think one thing compounds the other. His secrecy about his previous tax returns and filing an extension on the very year he is running for president.

His planning seems bad and that I believe does not bode well. Knowing full well, that candidates for the presidential ticket go under intense scrutiny, his orders to his team of CPA should have been to have all taxes filed by the deadline, to ensure a spotless record before the American public.

IMHO it is just a matter of commonsense, more than anything else.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think one thing compounds the other. His secrecy about his previous tax returns and filing an extension on the very year he is running for president.

His planning seems bad and that I believe does not bode well. Knowing full well, that candidates for the presidential ticket go under intense scrutiny, his orders to his team of CPA should have been to have all taxes filed by the deadline, to ensure a spotless record before the American public.

IMHO it is just a matter of commonsense, more than anything else.

He released 23 years of tax returns to McCain. Why can't we see those? He is hiding something.