Cam

Back from Kazan

113 posts in this topic

I'm gonna be nice slim and say that I totally disagree with your view. I'm just letting it out easy but I'm sure there is a barrage of posts that will follow to dispute your words. I can get all the sex I want here in the states. Maybe it's because of your appearance that shy's women away from you. But for sure I have no problem in this department. I dont like to be so vain but it's life. Dont think for one minute that a woman doesn't judge you by your looks. In Russia and other countries women dont first see the looks as much as they might see that your American and it can be the chance of a good life. So good for you slim if thats what it takes for you to get laid I wish you luck with your Russian woman. I hope that you truly dont have such views that will corrode your relationship with your fiancee. Or maybe you'll get what you deserve ?

Well done! :thumbs:

See everyone, this is how you disagree with someone's post without calling them names or slinging personal insults.

Allow me to retort. I'm simply trying to illustrate the point that there are WAY more hot chicks in Russia that are "available" to any man. (For a fee.)

I did not say that I "partake" in their services, becuase I don't (didn't) but I can see why some people would. I too do not have a problem finding sex here, but that's not the point.

The point is, I can see why someone going to meet a perspective mate for the first time who only had a series of "dates" set up with them, and then the perspective mate would go home, the traveller would go back to the hotel, etc., I don't see the problem with going out or even "partaking" in the services of a working girl. After all, the traveller is "looking" for a perspective mate, and the more interaction with others that (s)he has, the better the chances of finding a mate.

Once again, not saying I do or did any of this, just saying I can't knock someone for doing it.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

There is just TOO MUCH testosterone penetrating this forum! Reading this post at least, I couldn't help but mention this. The Middle East/North Africa forum seems so female in comparison, and frankly less jumpy if maybe a little more backbiting. But it's much more FUN....

And the whole idea that a prostitute is somehow OK, better than someone you know...I think I'd feel much MUCH worse about the prostitute.

But, really, can't anybody say just about anything they want to here?

--the (hot) RW

(who mainly stays away from here so she probably doesn't quite understand the complex personalities and nuances of those involved, sorry.)

Good lord. Then go the ###### away. No one is forcing you to come here. Don't let the door hit you on the ### on the way out.

What is it with the people who come here, who have nothing to do with Russian/US immigration issues, contribute NOTHING to the forum, and pollute the threads with their off-topic #######? You people contribute nothing, so why are you here? Have you people nothing better to do? Jezz.

Ok, well before you started up your flame-thrower, it appeared to me that "nfs" ~IS~ involved in Russian/US immigration issues...

from their profile:

Filed for: K-1

Nebraska Service Center

additionally, she signed her posting:

--the (hot) RW

Maybe it's just me, but that implies to me that she is a Russian woman posting that... so I don't think it's fair to say to her:

...contribute NOTHING to the forum, and pollute the threads with their off-topic #######? You people contribute nothing, so why are you here? Have you people nothing better to do?

I mean that's how ~I~ read her posting, perhaps you should re-read it, before your flamethrower gets ignited???

-- Dan

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I think prostitution is disgusting...that's just my personal opinion..
So don't go to one...and don't become one. Duh. I personally wouldn't ever go to one either, but I don't care if someone else does.
just one more reason for some of ya'll to cross us off your list
newsflash honey, you were never on our "lists".
See everyone, this is how you disagree with someone's post without calling them names or slinging personal insults.
Tried that - but patience wears thin after a while when it becomes clear that certain people are just trolls and baiters, who don't actually contribute anything (note that tman is not in this category), and they ignore the thoughtful posts, and just want to tell you how evil you are.
I mean that's how ~I~ read her posting, perhaps you should re-read it, before your flamethrower gets ignited???
I read her post entirely the first time. I knew the facts as you pointed out when I made my reply. Fact is, I have seen no contribution and nothing but criticism from this poster, and despite the fact that she may be a RW (I hate that term), she doesn't seem any different from the rest of the trolls & baiters to me.

Cheers!

AKDiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Tell us how you really feel, AKDiver!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
Right now, I feel hungry. It's good that lunch is cooking (:

Cheers!

AKDiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Cheers!

AKDiver

I hope you enjoy your lunch.

I don't think I was off-topic at all for this post, and I haven't ever posted before here, just my fiance is nfs, and I doubt that he has had critical things to say. He has gotten a lot of helpful information from VJ. And I wasn't actually meaning to get you all riled. But I am pretty disgusted with the endless stuff going on here about all the hot Russian women and that was why I made my comment. I am in a different situation from most of my Russian friends in that I have spent a lot of time in the US and know what I'm getting into. I feel sad that so many women marry men they barely know as their only way to escape hardship in their country, marry men who can't speak their language. Yes I know it's what-you-might-call voluntary, hopefully they will grow to love each other, but American women do not generally have to make such choices. And I don't mean to say that all you people are like that because I know there are many different cases, such as AKDiver. But maybe you could think about what you say, think how it sounds to a person like me who knows the women you are talking about.

Unless this is just a boy's club here.

NOA1: April 6, 2006

IMBRA RFE: July 17, 2006

RFE #2: September 25, 2006

OMG a touch!: October 5, 2006

another touch!: October 7, 2006

hey, back up a minute...

APPROVED!!! October 4, 2006, received letter October 16, 2006

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Umm I didn't say I hate prostitution so don't ever go to one - I was just expressing an opinion - i even said JUST MY OPINION...

I thought we were getting along so much better now!!! Guess not :(

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Timeline

Cheers!

AKDiver

I don't think I was off-topic at all for this post, and I haven't ever posted before here, just my fiance is nfs, and I doubt that he has had critical things to say. He has gotten a lot of helpful information from VJ. And I wasn't actually meaning to get you all riled. But I am pretty disgusted with the endless stuff going on here about all the hot Russian women and that was why I made my comment. I am in a different situation from most of my Russian friends in that I have spent a lot of time in the US and know what I'm getting into. I feel sad that so many women marry men they barely know as their only way to escape hardship in their country, marry men who can't speak their language. Yes I know it's what-you-might-call voluntary, hopefully they will grow to love each other, but American women do not generally have to make such choices. And I don't mean to say that all you people are like that because I know there are many different cases, such as AKDiver. But maybe you could think about what you say, think how it sounds to a person like me who knows the women you are talking about.

You are right in that there are many different cases and I dont agree with a lot of what is being said here but I come because there are some folks who have actual information I need so I take what I need and ignore the rest. You have to realize this is probably a very small segment of the Russian/American relations so to judge the entire Russian/American relations by this board, in my opinion would be silly.

My understanding of my fiance's situation is based on what I have seen and what she tells me. I will trust her until she gives me a reason not to, as I try to treat most people. But believe me I am not gulliable unless I want to be. She is very successful and able to help her family (she lives with her parents) because of her job. She is in line for taking over for her supervisor upon the supervisor's retirement. Comparitively she has a much better job than I do. She went to a special school that focused on English but I do plan on becoming compitent in Russian and am working on it. She said until she met me she had planned on living her life alone taking care of her parents and having fun with friends. Funny cause I felt the same way.

So while you may find some people on this board who think of Russian women in the way you described we do not all think this way. Some of use truly want a partner who we feel understands us and who we want to understand and spend our lives together laughing, loving, and raising a family.

Also, as smart as Anna is I have already told her the first thing we will do when she gets here is open her a checking account in her name alone (or as soon as possible) and put enough money in it so she can go back to Russia if she ever feels things just are not working out. Some would say this is providing her with an escape plan, that is fine with me becaue I do not ever want to her to feel trapped.

Paul

Filed: Timeline

I don't think I was off-topic at all for this post, and I haven't ever posted before here, just my fiance is nfs, and I doubt that he has had critical things to say. He has gotten a lot of helpful information from VJ. And I wasn't actually meaning to get you all riled.

I don't think your remarks were off-topic or not useful either, and I think it's important to represent your point of view here as well. Just as I try to represent mine, which is also different from this person's, or that person's.. that's why it's a FORUM, a collection of opinions... no one person here can say they have a monopoly on the truth for all people who participate here...

But I am pretty disgusted with the endless stuff going on here about all the hot Russian women and that was why I made my comment. I am in a different situation from most of my Russian friends in that I have spent a lot of time in the US and know what I'm getting into. I feel sad that so many women marry men they barely know as their only way to escape hardship in their country, marry men who can't speak their language. Yes I know it's what-you-might-call voluntary, hopefully they will grow to love each other, but American women do not generally have to make such choices. And I don't mean to say that all you people are like that because I know there are many different cases, such as AKDiver. But maybe you could think about what you say, think how it sounds to a person like me who knows the women you are talking about.

I think their reasons for marrying a Western (Aussie, American, British, etc.) man are as diverse as the WM's reason for seeking their potential partner in Eastern Europe, Russia and other countries. In fact I think just about every couple, and every guy has a different story to tell.

And yeah, some guys are just about the external looks of "wow, check these babes out", but then again, the men in various countries, France, Italy, other countries are well known for "checking out the hotties". The thing is, they don't post here.

I think some of what Slim is saying is that "boys are boys" and we check out the girls... we can't deny part of our decision to bond with someone is often based on the fact we are physically attracted to them. Women have a much deeper and more subtle attraction pattern, that is not solely based on the looks and physical attributes of their partner.

In the case of some men, we could argue this is a good thing, or perhaps the human race might be in danger of not surviving.

Anyway, I appreciated your thoughts and I didn't feel that the remarks directed in your direction were appropriate... However, as we both can agree, the opinions expressed here are as diverse and different as there are posters who post them.

-- Dan

I would like to remind everyone that oppinions are like @$$#oles, everyone has them. (Or is it "everyone has one?" There was a whole Rescue Me episode with this topic as a subplot. Great show. Also, great topic!)

Anyway, I'm going to throw a little popcorn at AKDiver and get him all riled up.

AKDiver, you're talking about trolls and baiters, but I'd like to give you the ultimate troll and baiter award. For those of you who don't remember, shortly after AKDiver's fiancee arrived in the States, well, in Alaska, he got on VJ with the token "things are going great. We love each other, she got a good job, etc., etc., etc.... Then, about a month later, he dropped the bomb on us:

INTERPOL and the FBI along with USCIS Agents busted down the door at 2AM and took his wife into custody. Turns out that she had "laundered" the $35,000 that was supposedly from the sale of her apartment and business back in Russia, through the bank that she was now working at, and had plans to rob this bank too. The money from Russia wasn't actually from the sale of her home and business, it was from various bank robberies that she had pulled off there as well, and she had only married AKDiver to get away from the cops that were hot on her trail in the home country. He was very upset, and even disappeared from VJ for several weeks to let the pot simmer.

This "tangled web of deception" sparked a huge thread both here on the Russia forum, and in the Off-Topic forum as well. I'm too lazy to look it up, but if you check it out, it was several pages long, and there were conspiracy theories a-plenty on what really happened, and if AKDiver was in Jail for conspiracy or immigration fraud, or some other far-fetched madness.

So, when he talks now about trolls and baiters, I'm taking it with a grain of salt, and I'm sitting back and :lol: my @$$ off because I remember once upon a time when AKDiver reigned supreme in the world of those who collect tolls at bridges in mythical lands.

THE TROLL KING, AKDiver!!!

(In all actuality, I rather enjoyed the whole "fiancee/international bank robber" farce. It really did make it to legend status here on VJ, and I admire the brains it took to concoct a story so grand! Cheers AK. Cheers.)

Русский форум член.

Timeline

First I think AK is just getting ready to unleash on Slim. So this may get good. I'll bring the popcorn :pop: Anyhow, Slim, I would have to disagree with you that it's ok to partake in the services of a working woman. How can you truly direct your attention and efforts towards your dates if your thinking about the hooker thats showing up to the room at 2am to get your rocks off. Your mind can't truly be 100% focused on the task at hand and thats to find a woman that you are compatible with and that you might want to spend the rest of your life with. It's like an american couple and they are having problems. Then one of them goes out and cheats and takes time for this other person. How can the married couple take time to fix the problem if one of them is out bangin someone else and putting time and effort into an extramarital affair.

16/10/2006- Interview date- I'm nervous and my fiance is cool calm and collective. And she's the one that has to do the interview.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I like that word Pinhead, AK Diver :lol:

I havent heard that since I left home.

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Timeline
But I am pretty disgusted with the endless stuff going on here about all the hot Russian women and that was why I made my comment. I am in a different situation from most of my Russian friends in that I have spent a lot of time in the US and know what I'm getting into. I feel sad that so many women marry men they barely know as their only way to escape hardship in their country, marry men who can't speak their language. Yes I know it's what-you-might-call voluntary, hopefully they will grow to love each other, but American women do not generally have to make such choices. And I don't mean to say that all you people are like that because I know there are many different cases, such as AKDiver. But maybe you could think about what you say, think how it sounds to a person like me who knows the women you are talking about.Unless this is just a boy's club here.
You know - on this forum, in several different threads, I have spoken AT LENGTH on respect for women, the need for honesty in a relationship, and related things. I don't think I have much more to say on the issue. Dig around, read it if you want to.
Umm I didn't say I hate prostitution so don't ever go to one
Well, you did say "I think prostitution is disgusting...that's just my personal opinion...I would NEVER be with a man who had been with one ." If there is a distinction there, I'm not sure what it is.
I was just expressing an opinion - i even said JUST MY OPINION.
and, what? You want a prize? We are ALL expressing our opinions. They don't even need to be labeled as "JUST MY OPINION" as pretty much anyone who needs to can distinguish between opinion and fact.
So while you may find some people on this board who think of Russian women in the way you described we do not all think this way. Some of use truly want a partner who we feel understands us and who we want to understand and spend our lives together laughing, loving, and raising a family.
Amen, brother!
I think their reasons for marrying a Western (Aussie, American, British, etc.) man are as diverse as the WM's reason for seeking their potential partner in Eastern Europe, Russia and other countries. In fact I think just about every couple, and every guy has a different story to tell.
Amen, brother!!! Please do not group us all into the "we only want to have sex with hot, easy to control wives, plus prostitutes" category.
And yeah, some guys are just about the external looks of "wow, check these babes out", but then again, the men in various countries, France, Italy, other countries are well known for "checking out the hotties". The thing is, they don't post here.
This is such a farce - as if women, from all countries, do not also check out who they perceive to be hotties. Honestly, it astounds me that the fact that people like to look at hotties is news to anyone.
Anyway, I'm going to throw a little popcorn at AKDiver and get him all riled up..... AKDiver, you're talking about trolls and baiters, but I'd like to give you the ultimate troll and baiter award.... It really did make it to legend status here on VJ, and I admire the brains it took to concoct a story so grand!
Nah...I'll take the compliment and remind you that there is a HUGE difference between posting what was supposed to be, and what many people surmised, was an OBVIOUS JOKE, and picking a fight with a "Russian Mail-Order Bride" comment. I couldn't believe that people took such a post seriously and was amazed at how it caught fire. It just goes to show you, generally-speaking, people are dumber than you give them credit for. (:
I havent heard that since I left home.
I've spent a lot of time in Canada. Probably seen more of it than most Canadians (: I loved Nova Scotia, I wouldn't mind living there if it were not for the high taxes and general socialism. (:
First I think AK is just getting ready to unleash on Slim.
Nah..if I wanted to unleash on Slim, it would have been over his "I can understand why Cam would go visit a hooker shortly before or after he went to visit the possible love of his life" comments. Some pretty twisted logic in there that cost Slim some respect in my book. But hey, Slim doesn't know me, so why should he care? Hint: he shouldn't. (:
How can you truly direct your attention and efforts towards your dates if your thinking about the hooker thats showing up to the room at 2am to get your rocks off. Your mind can't truly be 100% focused on the task at hand and thats to find a woman that you are compatible with and that you might want to spend the rest of your life with. It's like an american couple and they are having problems. Then one of them goes out and cheats and takes time for this other person. How can the married couple take time to fix the problem if one of them is out bangin someone else and putting time and effort into an extramarital affair.
I agree with all of this. But in the case of a truly single person, then I see no issue with a girl (or guy) going out to visit all the hookers she (he) wants. No harm done, and a lot more honest & straight-forward than going on a "date", spending lots of time and money on the pretense of "getting to know someone" when really all you want is to get laid, that's for sure.

Besides, what's the difference between deciding to have sex with someone you meet at a bar simply because you want to get laid, and deciding to have sex with someone you meet on the street corner simply because you'd like to get laid and don't mind paying cash in the process? Finding one any less disgusting than the other is purely a matter of propaganda absorption.

That leave one to argue that both are equally bad - in comparison with the "way it should be", where you only have sex with someone you are in love with. OK, I'll buy that, it's certainly my view, but it is still arbitrary, and completely dependent on one's opinion about sex, love, and probably a few other things. There is no absolute truth involved in such a belief.

Then we move on to the other extreme, "sex is only for people who are married." Again, just another opinion, this time based on the supposed absolute truth of some moldy old text. In the end, it's still just an opinion.

So, in the end, what are we left with? In the general sense, who should have sex with who is just opinion. As a result, some people will have sex with other people in circumstances where we might not do so. Big deal! As long as no one is getting hurt, and this is the key here, no one else is getting hurt, then what business is it of ours and why should we care? Hint: we shouldn't.

Then we move on to something of substance - having sex with someone else, where it affects a third party in some definite, tangible, usually negative way. How is this defined and measured, and are there degrees of how "bad" it is?

That will have to wait for another time - I need to study for my Russian quiz, which is in about 20 minutes. (:

Cheers!

-AKDiver

That's all I'm saying too. Sex is up to the person doing it. I don't agree with participating in sex with someone while "looking" for someone else (although I'm not opposed to it either) all I'm saying is I have my personal oppinions on sex and dating, and so does everyone else. However, I've known enough people to know that some will, and do, have sex with multiple people at once, and have no problem with that. Like AKDiver said, it's up to the individual.

Русский форум член.

• 1 year later...
Timeline
Couldn't go to Russia with having a beautiful Russian hooker, but that is another story.
I just love this quote (:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.