Thomas&Cleofe

Starting to get pissed at NVC!!!

297 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Please read my earlier post. I stated -------> " In addition to that the group which is handling the entry for CSC approved cases in the system is slow comparing to VSC approved cases entry into the system."

I totally agree with you. But, the group responsible to process the CSC approved petition, entering into the computer is very slow at NVC location....Exception, some of them are very fast and prompt. May be we are the unlucky one - our information stuck with the wrong hands :-)

....and I am talking about people from CSC with exact NOA2 approval date as me and people from CSC with exact same NVC receive date as me.....they had case number 4 days after arrival at NVC and I have nothing....

Don't get me wrong...I am not upset at you. I want answers from NVC, and they won't give me any answers.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I totally understand the frustration! And just as with any process in this journey, patience is a must or you can be like me and laugh about how freakin crazy this whole process really is :)

I giggle over the run around I get from these departments, cause its better than the alternative which is crying and felling sorry for myself. Nothing I do will make this go any faster than God intends it to go.

So try and cheer up and roll with the punches like the rest of us. Here's hoping we all get the news we want early next week! :)

TracyJo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I understand the frustration. It took me 177 days to get my NOA2 despite contacting USCIS, my congressman, and the Ombudsman. The system is designed so that we aren't able to get any real answers besides them telling us they have a large workload, which is true. Some people who filed at the same time as me are still waiting. The system ends up being unfair to everyone, and there's no way to know which process is going to take longer for which person. It's the same way that some consulates give an interview in a week and some take 2 months. It's unfortunate, but we're not going to get answers unless something changes. It all comes down to luck. The only advice I can give is to keep calling, and like someone else suggested, do ask for a supervisor.

Edited by Knope2012

K1 Visa Timeline

01/13/2012 I-129F sent via USPS

01/16/2012 I-129F delivered

01/17/2012 NOA1 date on USCIS website

01/20/2012 Text and E-Mail Notification of NOA1!

01/20/2012 Check Cashed

01/23/2012 NOA1 Hardcopy

01/23/2012 Called USCIS to report that my fiance's name was misspelled on the NOA1

01/24/2012 Touched

01/26/2012 Received response to report, e-mail states error has been corrected.

02/08/2012 Touched

07/12/2012 NOA2! It took 177 days.

07/17/2012 NOA2 Hardcopy

07/20/2012 NVC received and forwarded to London

07/23/2012 Received in London

07/31/2012 Packet 3 received

08/02/2012 Packet 3 sent

08/16/2012 Medical

10/1/2012 Interview: APPROVED!

10/3/2012 Visa Issued

10/8/2012 Visa delivery

10/24/2012 POE Dublin

11/21/2012 Wedding

event.png

[uSCIS] cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.

Timeline

I understand the frustration. It took me 177 days to get my NOA2 despite contacting USCIS, my congressman, and the Ombudsman. The system is designed so that we aren't able to get any real answers besides them telling us they have a large workload, which is true. Some people who filed at the same time as me are still waiting. The system ends up being unfair to everyone, and there's no way to know which process is going to take longer for which person. It's the same way that some consulates give an interview in a week and some take 2 months. It's unfortunate, but we're not going to get answers unless something changes. It all comes down to luck. The only advice I can give is to keep calling, and like someone else suggested, do ask for a supervisor.

Thank you Knope2012....you can bet your butt I will be calling everyday. And I am giving them 5 more business days to give me an answer. If still no answer, then I am putting my tax dollars to work for me...Thank you again for your support...

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Yes, I don't mistake or misunderstand you for anything.. Yes, you are venting our your frustration of the delay. I totally understand and I am also a victim and patiently waiting from NVC to get the initial mail regarding AOS.. I got approved by CSC on June 5th and arrived to NVC on 2nd July and got the NVC case number on July 19th. Still I cant pay the AOS fee and waiting for their activation at payment portal. Like you stated there are many people who got approved after me or on the same date already in the middle of NVC process or waiting for their case to be completed (CSC filed petitions.)

There may be several people at NVC entering into the system. It depends upon who input your information at NVC system.. I think our (yours and mine) may be went with the same person at NVC...We are the unlucky one and suffering with the delay in getting the NVC Case Number and further processing delay at NVC location.

....and I am talking about people from CSC with exact NOA2 approval date as me and people from CSC with exact same NVC receive date as me.....they had case number 4 days after arrival at NVC and I have nothing....

Don't get me wrong...I am not upset at you. I want answers from NVC, and they won't give me any answers.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We received our Nao2 just under 5 months we we were thrilled! Our Manila case number was received just as

expected, 15 business days, we were ecstatic! So now that the NVC has had our petition in their system for

2 weeks our petition has not yet been forwarded to the Manila Embassy. The day I received the Manila case

number I was told that the case should be forwarded to the Manila Consulate within a few days. I called the

NVC a few days later (around the 13th of July) and was told our case is in "Additional Processing" I called

the NVC again yesterday and was told that it takes a long time to "scan in" our documents and that it could

take 2-4 weeks minimum or longer in some cases... So as you can see, even though we have our Manila case number,

we have hit a snag at the NVC. I have seen some cases forwarded to the consulate within 2-3 days of applicants

receiving their consulate case numbers.It seems the process is different from case to case, I believe that is

what is so frustrating. :o

Our medical is planned for July 24th and 25th and interview scheduled for August 15th, We are under the impression

that the embassy must receive the "Hard copy" of our petition or at least the "electronic file" before the CO at

the embassy will actually be able to conduct the interview. So right now we are just waiting for the "file" or

"hard copy" to be forwarded. :wacko:

So even though various phases of the process can happen earlier or on schedule, at any point it can be delayed

or held up for various reasons. From what I have discovered... there is a great deal of uncertainty/confusion from

each of the corresponding entities: USCIS,NVC, and Embassy. They don't even follow their own rules. My Finace called

the Manila Embassy to schedule her appointment and was told that they cannot schedule her appointment until her

case has been forwarded from the NVC. Then at the end of the conversation the operator asked my Fiance' "Ma'am, would

you like me to schedule an appointment on the 24th of August?" Even though he knew our Case was not in their system yet. :rofl:

One thing for sure, you will experience the full spectrum of human emotion during this process.

Regards,

Jesse

Timeline

Yes, I don't mistake or misunderstand you for anything.. Yes, you are venting our your frustration of the delay. I totally understand and I am also a victim and patiently waiting from NVC to get the initial mail regarding AOS.. I got approved by CSC on June 5th and arrived to NVC on 2nd July and got the NVC case number on July 19th. Still I cant pay the AOS fee and waiting for their activation at payment portal. Like you stated there are many people who got approved after me or on the same date already in the middle of NVC process or waiting for their case to be completed (CSC filed petitions.)

There may be several people at NVC entering into the system. It depends upon who input your information at NVC system.. I think our (yours and mine) may be went with the same person at NVC...We are the unlucky one and suffering with the delay in getting the NVC Case Number and further processing delay at NVC location.

Ok....I can definately understand your comments now....we are in the same situation. I was always trying to check your timeline, but you don't have it. I now know I should receive my case number next week. Thank you seema45.... :thumbs:

Timeline

We received our Nao2 just under 5 months we we were thrilled! Our Manila case number was received just as

expected, 15 business days, we were ecstatic! So now that the NVC has had our petition in their system for

2 weeks our petition has not yet been forwarded to the Manila Embassy. The day I received the Manila case

number I was told that the case should be forwarded to the Manila Consulate within a few days. I called the

NVC a few days later (around the 13th of July) and was told our case is in "Additional Processing" I called

the NVC again yesterday and was told that it takes a long time to "scan in" our documents and that it could

take 2-4 weeks minimum or longer in some cases... So as you can see, even though we have our Manila case number,

we have hit a snag at the NVC. I have seen some cases forwarded to the consulate within 2-3 days of applicants

receiving their consulate case numbers.It seems the process is different from case to case, I believe that is

what is so frustrating. :o

Our medical is planned for July 24th and 25th and interview scheduled for August 15th, We are under the impression

that the embassy must receive the "Hard copy" of our petition or at least the "electronic file" before the CO at

the embassy will actually be able to conduct the interview. So right now we are just waiting for the "file" or

"hard copy" to be forwarded. :wacko:

Yeah...it is different from case to case.....and also k-1's move through NVC very fast....while CR-1's have a long time processing through NVC. That is why I want my case number.....because even after I receive case number I know I still have another month in NVC...

So even though various phases of the process can happen earlier or on schedule, at any point it can be delayed

or held up for various reasons. From what I have discovered... there is a great deal of uncertainty/confusion from

each of the corresponding entities: USCIS,NVC, and Embassy. They don't even follow their own rules. My Finace called

the Manila Embassy to schedule her appointment and was told that they cannot schedule her appointment until her

case has been forwarded from the NVC. Then at the end of the conversation the operator asked my Fiance' "Ma'am, would

you like me to schedule an appointment on the 24th of August?" Even though he knew our Case was not in their system yet. :rofl:

One thing for sure, you will experience the full spectrum of human emotion during this process.

Regards,

Jesse

Filed: Timeline

So now I am 32 days since my NOA 2 and still no case number. They keep telling me to call back in 10-20 days. BUT i see many on here with NOA2 after me getting case number in 12 days....Happy for them, sad for me...some get case number in 12 days....some must wait 2 months!!!

your lucky atleast your already waiting for case number.....how about us who haven't received NOA2...lol a lot of applicant who file one month later when i file they already had their NOA2 and i don't :crying: :crying:

i thought ONLY life is UNFAIR...i guess immigration process too :rofl: :rofl:

back in waiting game :pop::cry::clock:

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Timeline

your lucky atleast your already waiting for case number.....how about us who haven't received NOA2...lol a lot of applicant who file one month later when i file they already had their NOA2 and i don't :crying: :crying:

i thought ONLY life is UNFAIR...i guess immigration process too :rofl: :rofl:

back in waiting game :pop::cry::clock:

You are lucky also.....you will have interview date well ahead of me....Good luck to you.

Filed: Timeline

You are lucky also.....you will have interview date well ahead of me....Good luck to you.

thanks i hope when i got my NOA2 is a whole different story for me...i'll be ahead of all of you guys ehehhe just joking and DREAMING!!! hey goodluck for yah too :thumbs: :thumbs:

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Timeline

thanks i hope when i got my NOA2 is a whole different story for me...i'll be ahead of all of you guys ehehhe just joking and DREAMING!!! hey goodluck for yah too :thumbs: :thumbs:

Its not a joke or a dream....when you get your NOA2....you will fly right past us. Very short time at NVC. Then off to Manila. :dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hahahaha....no, you do not have to wait a month. You will be in and out of NVC in 7 to 10 days. I will be in and out of NVC in 2 to 3 months

A friendly wager: My NOA1 date at VSC and yours at CSC are almost the same (my 3/1 is just slightly earlier than your 3/12). I'll bet you that you will be out of NVC before I even get my NOA2 from VSC.

What do you think? We can both hope we lose the bet! Perhaps it will pass the time. :)

M

Edited by M_&_R

event.png

event.png

NOA1 2/5/13 for AOS from K1

Biometrics 3/1/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

they had better roll up their sleeves and pants too rofl.gif cos we need some progress next week

AMEN!!

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

A friendly wager: My NOA1 date at VSC and yours at CSC are almost the same (my 3/1 is just slightly earlier than your 3/12). I'll bet you that you will be out of NVC before I even get my NOA2 from VSC.

What do you think? We can both hope we lose the bet! Perhaps it will pass the time. :)

M

For sure...I accept your wager. You will definately receive NOA2 before I finish at NVC. I'm watching you close now...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.