Thomas&Cleofe

Starting to get pissed at NVC!!!

297 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Somebody PLEASE answer me this question.

So why does a K-1 visa get sent to the consulate right away and can set their visa app. appointment?

While a CR-1 must sit and wait at NVC, while the K-1ers are taking the appointment slots????

Good question have no answers even though they have to still do all their paperwork and medical. It's so #### backwards.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good question have no answers even though they have to still do all their paperwork and medical. It's so #### backwards.

Exactly...it is backward....we spend 2 months at NVC doing all our paperwork. Then when we are finished, we sit there another month waiting for appointment date while the K-1ers pass us by and take the appointment slots.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Exactly...it is backward....we spend 2 months at NVC doing all our paperwork. Then when we are finished, we sit there another month waiting for appointment date while the K-1ers pass us by and take the appointment slots.

That's what's happening exactly........ K1 flies by and take all the slots....... My hubby is sooo devastated about not getting a september date, he called this evening and said september is filled up..... well GOD's plan is the best

Philippians 4 vs 6-7

Timeline

That's what's happening exactly........ K1 flies by and take all the slots....... My hubby is sooo devastated about not getting a september date, he called this evening and said september is filled up..... well GOD's plan is the best

Yep...NVC said the same to us....Our consulate is also full for September. So now we sit and wait while new k-1ers start taking all the October slots... :crying:

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Okay it has been many years since the K1 process, but someone that remembers better than me,or is going through the process now can jump in with a better answer. The K1 is for a non-immigrant visa, while the CR1 is an immigrant visa. K1 doesn't require I864 (uses I134 instead) and doesn't require DS-230. NVC doesn't do anything with a K1 petition except send it on to the right embassy, while with the CR1, NVC processes the I864 & DS-230. Therefore the K1 doesn't require anything at NVC and the CR1 does. After final approval, the CR1 gets a visa sent to them upon entry to their new country, the K1 has to get married and then adjust status. There are some more little details, but that's the big picture of it.

Also as for the embassy in Manila, the NVC sets all interviews for immigrant visas, while all non-immigrant visa applicants have to set their own appointments.

Doesn't make CR1/IR1's feel any better, but that's the answer to the question.

Timeline

Okay it has been many years since the K1 process, but someone that remembers better than me,or is going through the process now can jump in with a better answer. The K1 is for a non-immigrant visa, while the CR1 is an immigrant visa. K1 doesn't require I864 (uses I134 instead) and doesn't require DS-230. NVC doesn't do anything with a K1 petition except send it on to the right embassy, while with the CR1, NVC processes the I864 & DS-230. Therefore the K1 doesn't require anything at NVC and the CR1 does. After final approval, the CR1 gets a visa sent to them upon entry to their new country, the K1 has to get married and then adjust status. There are some more little details, but that's the big picture of it.

Also as for the embassy in Manila, the NVC sets all interviews for immigrant visas, while all non-immigrant visa applicants have to set their own appointments.

Doesn't make CR1/IR1's feel any better, but that's the answer to the question.

All you said is true, but tell me this then. I am now finished at NVC but my petition sits there because there are no interview spots open. While other new k-1ers coming in after me are able to go on and set their interview appointments.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

All you said is true, but tell me this then. I am now finished at NVC but my petition sits there because there are no interview spots open. While other new k-1ers coming in after me are able to go on and set their interview appointments.

To start with, I am on your side, my mother in law is in the same boat, everything done but the interview, and now just waiting. I think the embassy in manila sets in advance how many interviews of what type they do each day, each month. If they have open slots of one type of interview, they usually switch to other types, however, it's not an even one to one amount. For instance if a person applies for a tourist visa, they will usually get an interview in a week or two. As for us not being able to set up interviews, it doesn't make a lot of sense, except they already have all the money they are getting from us whereas with non-immigrant visas, the embassy collects money from them that they haven't paid yet. Also, just because NVC says that all dates are full for September doesn't really mean that you won't get one for September. You still may or may not, just like NVC saying that they only set up the interviews on the second Tue of each month. Like I said, I'm really on your side, it's not a fair way, but I don't know much concerning they whole process that really is fair for everyone.

Timeline

To start with, I am on your side, my mother in law is in the same boat, everything done but the interview, and now just waiting. I think the embassy in manila sets in advance how many interviews of what type they do each day, each month. If they have open slots of one type of interview, they usually switch to other types, however, it's not an even one to one amount. For instance if a person applies for a tourist visa, they will usually get an interview in a week or two. As for us not being able to set up interviews, it doesn't make a lot of sense, except they already have all the money they are getting from us whereas with non-immigrant visas, the embassy collects money from them that they haven't paid yet. Also, just because NVC says that all dates are full for September doesn't really mean that you won't get one for September. You still may or may not, just like NVC saying that they only set up the interviews on the second Tue of each month. Like I said, I'm really on your side, it's not a fair way, but I don't know much concerning they whole process that really is fair for everyone.

NVC stage is more nerve racking than USCIS, because you always expect to be moving along now. It's possible now that my petition will be at NVC longer than it was at USCIS. Ok, I just need to accept the process and behave my emotions.

Somebody PLEASE answer me this question.

So why does a K-1 visa get sent to the consulate right away and can set their visa app. appointment?

While a CR-1 must sit and wait at NVC, while the K-1ers are taking the appointment slots????

That's the one million dollar question!!! I don't know, but it seems us married folks would get the top priority. Right? :bonk:

Timeline

That's the one million dollar question!!! I don't know, but it seems us married folks would get the top priority. Right? :bonk:

I'm not really asking that we should get priority, but it would be nice to have an equal chance to get the earliest possible interview. Even our petition is ready to go....the k-1ers get first shot at scheduling an earlier interview.

NVC stage is more nerve racking than USCIS, because you always expect to be moving along now. It's possible now that my petition will be at NVC longer than it was at USCIS. Ok, I just need to accept the process and behave my emotions.

I'm feeling you on this emotion. I married my husband...because I did NOT want to wait to be with him. :bonk: It seems like those who choose to wait, should be okay to wait a little longer. Hehehehe...(that was mean, just joking!) But seriously, there should be some equality here. At least a little half and half appointment setting.

Timeline

I'm feeling you on this emotion. I married my husband...because I did NOT want to wait to be with him. :bonk: It seems like those who choose to wait, should be okay to wait a little longer. Hehehehe...(that was mean, just joking!) But seriously, there should be some equality here. At least a little half and half appointment setting.

According to the NVC operator I just spoke with....theoretically my petiton could sit there at NVC indefinately.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

According to the NVC operator I just spoke with....theoretically my petiton could sit there at NVC indefinately.

They must be JOKING......... ARRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHH i hope that doesn't happen, cos some of the operators LOVE to talk off their mouths

Philippians 4 vs 6-7

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

What gets me is some embassy even allow them to schedule their own not all but thats nice to put in the time and day of week that best fits your schedule. What a convenience. Goodness.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

What gets me is some embassy even allow them to schedule their own not all but thats nice to put in the time and day of week that best fits your schedule. What a convenience. Goodness.

That is the way our consulate is....the k-1 applicant gets to choose the date of interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.