Thomas&Cleofe

Starting to get pissed at NVC!!!

297 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I scanned and email my approval letter and this is the response I received:

Dear Sir/Madam:

Please be advised that the National Visa Center (NVC) has received your

inquiry and the attached I-797 Notice of Action - Approval Notice.

Unfortunately, we do not have record of receiving your approved petition

from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. The NVC will contact

USCIS on your behalf for information on the location of this petition.

Sincerely,

Jess

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

Serco Inc., Support Contractor

NVCResearch@state.gov

I thought I was doing good with 88 days from I-130 to NOA2. I guess they don't want to mess up their average. :help:

USCIS:

03/29/2012 - I-130 Sent

04/1/2012 - NOA1 Received

06/25/2012 - NOA2 Received (88 Days)

NVC:

07/31/2012 - Case arrived at NVC (36 Days from USCIS to NVC)

08/16/2012 - Received case #, IIN, gave e-mail addresses

08/18/2012 - E-mailed DS-3032

08/23/2012 - AOS bill invoiced & PAID

08/27/2012 - AOS bill appears as PAID

08/24/2012 - AOS Package sent

08/XX/2012 - AOS/I-864 accepted

08/23/2012 - DS-3032 accepted

08/28/2012 - IV bill invoiced & PAID

08/30/2012 - IV bill appears as PAID

08/28/2012 - IV Package sent

09/07/2012 - REF Forgot bar code cover sheet in AOS packet

09/08/2012 - Mailed REF will be there Monday Sept.10th

09/25/2012 - Case Complete

10/30/2012 - Medical in Kyiv....All good

11/27/2012 - Interview date

In AP.

01/15/2013- Call from Emb####

02/20/2013 -Denied

04/18/2013- Application sent to State Department.

08/23/2013- Talked to USCIS the application is back at USCIS and "might" review it by December.....

08/23/2013- Pissed off.

03/14/2014- Recivied notice from USCIS. Reply due 04/16/14

04/12/2014- Reply mailed 300+ pages.

04/23/2014- Reply from USCIS they received the packet.

07/07/2014- Called my Congressman to check on progress.

07/08/2014- Got a call back from Congressman aid "USCIS is working on it".

07/09/2014- Got email from USCIS that my address change had gone through. I never requested an address change. Call Congressman and USCIS. Was an error an no address change...

07/10/2014- Received email from USCIS. We are approved again. I think the call to my Congressman helped.

08/04/2014- Application received from USCIS and forwarded to Kyiv.

08/19/2014- Interview Sept.19,2014

09/19/2014- Interview Approved.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My NOA2 for my K-1 was approved June 12, 45 DAYS now and nothing. I don’t know what else I can do; even my congressman has not returned my letter/phone call. I would be happy right now even if they told me they lost it. Just to hear something definitive.

Wow -- it's amazing how drastically in can vary case to case. I understand the processing of files taking different amounts of time due to different circumstances... but the sending of documents? Surely these are being sent in tracked packages with tracking numbers of some kind. It's not even the time frame that's annoying, it's the uncertainty and the fact that no one wants to take responsibility.

WOW I thought what the heck call USCIS just to see what they say. To my dismay they said "You have to wait 90 days. It can take up to 90 days for NVC to recive your case. If they haven't received in 90days than please do call us back so we can see where your case is." OMG I am speechless.

Do you ever get the feeling like they're just making it all up as they go along? Our NOA2 said it could take up to 30 days. The email from NVC this morning said 30-45 days (suddenly there's an extra 15 days of possible shipping time?), and now your recent call is 90 days? What can we do if every call is answered with a new extended deadline?

:::Must think positively, must think positively:::

[u][b]K-1 Visa Application for my Fiancée[/b][/u]
June 21, 2010 - We met for the first time
December 30, 2011 - Engaged!
February 10, 2012 - I-129F petition packet sent to Dallas Lockbox
February 13, 2012 - I-129F petition packet arrived at Dallas Lockbox
February 15, 2012 - NOA 1 - petition received
June 29, 2012 - NOA 2 - petition approved
July 27, 2012 - USCIS officially sent petition to NVC
July 30, 2012 - NVC received petition
August 1, 2012 - NVC assigned case number and petition sent from NVC to consulate
August 11, 2012 - Received "Packet 3" from Embassy
August 28, 2012 - All "Packet 3" documents (including DS2001) sent to Embassy
August 30, 2012 - Medical exam
September 17, 2012 - Date all forms logged as received at embassy according to DOS
September 19, 2012 - DOS gives us interview date over the phone
September 22, 2012 - Appointment letter arrived
October 3, 2012 - Interview at London Embassy
October 3, 2012 - [u][b]APPROVED!!!![/u][/b]
October 10, 2012 - Visa arrived via DX courier
October 25, 2012 - Laura moves to the US / POE at LAX

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I wrote it once before, and maybe some of y'all missed it.....first time petitions are bundled in together, I don't know if USCIS holds them until a certain amount go, or just what the hold up is. USCIS will tell you they have mailed it, when in reality they may not have due to this bundling. But once they log your petition as approved, they consider your case the DOS's case....even if it is still waiting to be mailed out. If you don't wait at one department, rest assured you very well might with the next one. It's all a waiting game.

TracyJo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Do you ever get the feeling like they're just making it all up as they go along? Our NOA2 said it could take up to 30 days. The email from NVC this morning said 30-45 days (suddenly there's an extra 15 days of possible shipping time?), and now your recent call is 90 days? What can we do if every call is answered with a new extended deadline?

:::Must think positively, must think positively:::

Sean and Laura (I gather you are SEan...:-) HI)

We are in this together. We are in the same box watch. The 90days as the really bored 12 year (I swear she sounded like a child so uninterested) said 90 days call back if they haven't got it. That it can take 90 days. Like what the heck.

And yes they do make up stuff I swear. Seems weird yet so typical of bureaucracy why USCIS and DOS and NVC do all have the same computer system to log in on. I mean I call NVC and say WAC blabh blah they type and say yes you were approved June 29th but we don't show you. Instead its "we have nothing. One hand has no idea what the other is doing. Wouldn't things move along smoother if all arms knew what was up? (My bad thats too much like right).

LOL I am actually on phone calling NVC.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline
I wrote it once before, and maybe some of y'all missed it.....first time petitions are bundled in together, I don't know if USCIS holds them until a certain amount go, or just what the hold up is. USCIS will tell you they have mailed it, when in reality they may not have due to this bundling. But once they log your petition as approved, they consider your case the DOS's case....even if it is still waiting to be mailed out. If you don't wait at one department, rest assured you very well might with the next one. It's all a waiting game.
There bundling sucks. I mean VSC folk bam recived and case #'s in days. They are hatin on CSC for reals. weeks between receive, case#, AOS and IIN. and Me and Sean and Laura goodness sake. Come on now. Oh wait what if it was sent via Nigerian mail. OMG Sean we are talking months years. Dana and Divine had a package arrive a few weeks ago that was sent to Nigeria 2 years ago. OMG my bad. Edited by dwheels76

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

Well this just in. Called NVC and was tellin the lady was saga. And she said "well to be honest we have a boatload (I know she wanted to cuss) of applications and I am sure its here we just haven't got to it." Than she said, "Well I know we have people working the weekend to try and get caught up".

So a bit of light on at least my situation I hope, I am smiling a little. She said give it until mid week.

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

There bundling sucks. I mean VSC folk bam recived and case #'s in days. They are hatin on CSC for reals. weeks between receive, case#, AOS and IIN. and Me and Sean and Laura goodness sake. Come on now. Oh wait what if it was sent via Nigerian mail. OMG Sean we are talking months years. Dana and Divine had a package arrive a few weeks ago that was sent to Nigeria 2 years ago. OMG my bad.

Rofl.....Nigerian mail indeed!! Oh D you're cracking me up! You know its coming! This process is willy nilly and you know it. But the end is in sight now!!!

TracyJo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well this just in. Called NVC and was tellin the lady was saga. And she said "well to be honest we have a boatload (I know she wanted to cuss) of applications and I am sure its here we just haven't got to it." Than she said, "Well I know we have people working the weekend to try and get caught up".

So a bit of light on at least my situation I hope, I am smiling a little. She said give it until mid week.

I hope that there are a good stack of cases there for fellow VJ'ers! Thank you for sharing the info. I plan on calling one more time before waiting until next week.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

There bundling sucks. I mean VSC folk bam recived and case #'s in days. They are hatin on CSC for reals. weeks between receive, case#, AOS and IIN. and Me and Sean and Laura goodness sake. Come on now. Oh wait what if it was sent via Nigerian mail. OMG Sean we are talking months years. Dana and Divine had a package arrive a few weeks ago that was sent to Nigeria 2 years ago. OMG my bad.

Hahahaha. Oh god, I hope not! :D

dwheels - that is some excellent excellent news indeed. Thanks for sharing, makes me a feel a little better today.

Rofl.....Nigerian mail indeed!! Oh D you're cracking me up! You know its coming! This process is willy nilly and you know it. But the end is in sight now!!!

Let's hope you're right TracyJo! I find it easy to get impatient, but we have to have faith it'll work through the system alright in the end. Happy to have found a community to vent to / rely on for support and advice!

[u][b]K-1 Visa Application for my Fiancée[/b][/u]
June 21, 2010 - We met for the first time
December 30, 2011 - Engaged!
February 10, 2012 - I-129F petition packet sent to Dallas Lockbox
February 13, 2012 - I-129F petition packet arrived at Dallas Lockbox
February 15, 2012 - NOA 1 - petition received
June 29, 2012 - NOA 2 - petition approved
July 27, 2012 - USCIS officially sent petition to NVC
July 30, 2012 - NVC received petition
August 1, 2012 - NVC assigned case number and petition sent from NVC to consulate
August 11, 2012 - Received "Packet 3" from Embassy
August 28, 2012 - All "Packet 3" documents (including DS2001) sent to Embassy
August 30, 2012 - Medical exam
September 17, 2012 - Date all forms logged as received at embassy according to DOS
September 19, 2012 - DOS gives us interview date over the phone
September 22, 2012 - Appointment letter arrived
October 3, 2012 - Interview at London Embassy
October 3, 2012 - [u][b]APPROVED!!!![/u][/b]
October 10, 2012 - Visa arrived via DX courier
October 25, 2012 - Laura moves to the US / POE at LAX

Timeline

I hope that there are a good stack of cases there for fellow VJ'ers! Thank you for sharing the info. I plan on calling one more time before waiting until next week.

You are welcome. She at least had a sense of humor. many of them I would say "my case is in that box right over there" and they would be like cyborgs. She was like "You know it is I am sure of it than thats when she said if you could see this place we have boxes and cases all over the place." I know its there and Lord I want all my fellow VJers to get processed AOS, IV BIll case #'s and interview dates but sorry folks I just want to hear these words CASE RECEIVED. Just so I know I havrn't fallen into the abtyss.:wacko:

But I do feel better. Maybe I can do 5 minutes of work now cuz I have been very unproductive today. :whistle:

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

Let's hope you're right TracyJo! I find it easy to get impatient, but we have to have faith it'll work through the system alright in the end. Happy to have found a community to vent to / rely on for support and advice!

Just think where you have already come from in this process! You made it through the first half, now you're on the downslide of the second half :)

TracyJo

Timeline

Hahahaha. Oh god, I hope not! :D

dwheels - that is some excellent excellent news indeed. Thanks for sharing, makes me a feel a little better today.

Yes me too deep breathe. You know since we got outr NVCresearch letters together our cases will be received together (I wonder what date they will give them).

And as for venting so true. Cuz you know we go off or tell our family or friends they look like this :unsure::blink: . than say "but you are american your spouse is automatically an america you can bring them now". Than when you tell them the whole sorted story they wonder and say "what was wrong with a nice america guy or girl". LOL

Only we know the pain and impatience and whats up. We all deserve a law degree or degree in iimmigration affairs. I mean our SO's get a Visa for goodnes sake. Okay I am coming back to myesel and crackin jokes watch out now. :rofl::lol:

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

I scanned and email my approval letter and this is the response I received:

Dear Sir/Madam:

Please be advised that the National Visa Center (NVC) has received your

inquiry and the attached I-797 Notice of Action - Approval Notice.

Unfortunately, we do not have record of receiving your approved petition

from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. The NVC will contact

USCIS on your behalf for information on the location of this petition.

Sincerely,

Jess

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

Serco Inc., Support Contractor

NVCResearch@state.gov

I thought I was doing good with 88 days from I-130 to NOA2. I guess they don't want to mess up their average. :help:

PhilC and Sean and Laura this is what I just did. Thank God I did they are open until 8pm. Do it now. This was given to me by Tokinaija. God bless them.

Call USCIS, and specifically request to be connected to a Tier 2 supervisor (bypassing the contract customer reps). When connected to a Tier 2 representative, request that you want confirmation that your approved case has been physically shipped to NVC. In amenable words, request for the specific date that the package was shipped. If you are lucky, you will get someone who would take the time to confirm this for you.

What happened just now for me:

I called and quess what? My case is still at CSC. The very nice very sweet CSC Tier 2 supervisor lady wrote a very fast email stating it has been 4 weeks and this petition has been approved please forward to NVC immediately without delay and she gave me a Confirmation number. Faith without works is dead. wooo weee. Thank the Lord.

ROC I-751

N-400

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

PhilC and Sean and Laura this is what I just did. Thank God I did they are open until 8pm. Do it now. This was given to me by Tokinaija. God bless them.

Call USCIS, and specifically request to be connected to a Tier 2 supervisor (bypassing the contract customer reps). When connected to a Tier 2 representative, request that you want confirmation that your approved case has been physically shipped to NVC. In amenable words, request for the specific date that the package was shipped. If you are lucky, you will get someone who would take the time to confirm this for you.

What happened just now for me:

I called and quess what? My case is still at CSC. The very nice very sweet CSC Tier 2 supervisor lady wrote a very fast email stating it has been 4 weeks and this petition has been approved please forward to NVC immediately without delay and she gave me a Confirmation number. Faith without works is dead. wooo weee. Thank the Lord.

God helps those who help themselves.....congratulations to you!

Timeline

God helps those who help themselves.....congratulations to you!

You know it. Like I said (well HE said it) "Faith without works is dead". I be dang you think I am going to sit and pray and hopin and prayin. Oh heck naw. Jesus said talk to that mountain and tell it to move. Well my mountain was CSC. (Can't blame NVC for this my bad). Thank you Jesus.

ROC I-751

N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.