waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Well, I hope that Edgar also gets the bum tickler doctor. Stephanie, you're right...he did remember all of the details!

Gringakt...come out and share your experience!

Best of luck to you all today!

Will be checking for reports later.

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Great job Marcos and Steph, good luck with everything today!

Janet, everything will be fine and keep us posted!

All of our thoughts and prayers are with you both! :thumbs:

Our Story:

Jan 2003 moved to Campeche, met Edgar three weeks later

K-1

Dec 2006 filed I-129f

July 12 WE FINALLY GOT MARRIED!!

AOS/EAD/AP:

July 2007 sent in AOS paperwork

Dec 6 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!

ROC:

Sept 5th 2009 Applied for Removal of Conditions

Sept 14th NOA I-797C

Oct 7th Biometrics Appt

Timeline

Well, it's noon in Juarez.

I would have heard if he'd been sent home already.

I can' t believe how nerve wracking (how on earth do you spell that) this all is. We were talking last night about how they make you feel like you're criminals when really all you're trying to do is be with the one you love. I mean come on, quizzing him on all of my information like he'd had to learn it.

Boy do I wish it were 5 already. Hopefully I'll have good news by then :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

its over. deniied because he admitted to smoknig po 5 years ago.its iver. no hope now . it;s over.

denied.

only trying to decide whether or not to live.

March 15, 2007 - I-129F Sent

March 20, 2007 - NOA1 Received

March 23, 2007 - Touched, April 4, 2007 - Touched , April 5, 2007 - Touched

April 18, 2007 - RFE Email received (waiting for snailmail to see what it is they need)

April 23, 2007 - Received RFE in the mail, mailed out RFE to USCIS using express mail, will get there tomorrow (come on NOA2!)

April 25, 2007 - USCIS Received my RFE info and case has resumed processing

April 26, 2007 - Touched, April 27, 2007 - Touched, April 28, 2007 - TOUCHED AGAIN!

May 10, 2007 - NOA2 Email notification (It took 56 days)

May 16, 2007 - Received NOA2 Notice in snail mail

May 18, 2007 - Received Letter from NVC that they are sending our packet to Juarez Consulate this week

May 26, 2007 - Received Fiance Packet!!!!!!

June 5, 2007 - Medical

June 6, 2007 - Interview at Juarez - Visa Denied (Fiance admitted to smoking marijuana cigarette 6 months before the interview, labeled a 'DRUG ADDICT")

November 18, 2009: I sent an inquiry thru the Juarez website asking about our upcoming end to our ban, what to do etc.

December 14, 2009 - Received a reply from the consulate saying that they will forward a request to the immigration department to request a new appt

December 16, 2009 - Received an email from the consulate saying they are ready for my fiance to come for an open appt anytime

February 2, 2010 - Medical - Trip back to Psych far away in dirty office

February 3, 2010 - Pick up Medical Results

February 4, 2010 - Interview, given form 221(g) "Admin Review" and to come back in 6 months for another medical examination. #######.

Timeline
its over. deniied because he admitted to smoknig po 5 years ago.its iver. no hope now . it;s over.

denied.

Janet, I just can't believe that that can be possible. The policy is clean for 3 YEARS! I can't believe that they're putting you through this torture. Is there any way you can fly out to Juarez and pitch a fit? We see that that tactic worked with Monica. :(

I'm so sorry. This is so awful :( literally, I feel nauseous and depressed for you guys.

Timeline

That does sounds crazy...I know that kitkat was clear on the policy being clean for three years, but is there any where this is explicitly stated so it can be seen in black and white?

What exactly happened, Janet?

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Janet,

I"M SO SORRY. I know you are a mess right now. Something doesn't seem right though. I'm thinking there might be something more to this. Talk to edgar and find out exactly what happnened and what they said especially what they said about the medical. Wish you were there in CDJ to go talk to a officer in charge. This does not mean its over. You can still fight. Again, I'm sorry and I hope you get some more answers.

Allie

2/24/06: 129 mailed

3/01/06: NOA1

5/02/06: NOA2

5/18/06: CDJ Receives case

7/19/06: CDJ mails packet

8/02/06: Interview - Visa not recevied - put on AR "false hit" fingersprint check had to be done.

11/15/06: Called DHS to see if they had any info on my case - They advised security cleared in Oct. - now waiting for appt letter from CDJ for Visa Pickup. :)

11/27/06: recvd letter from CDJ - Appointment set for Jan 11, 2007

1/11/07: Visa received!!!!!

AOS:

3/26/07: AOS mailed

4/3/07: NOA1

4/23/07: Biometrics Appt

5/2/07: AOS transferred to CSC

5/21/07: Email from CSC stating AOS pending

6/12/07: EAD Card ordered (received email)

6/20/07: EAD Card received in mail

8/23/07: Card Production Ordered

8/30/07: Greencard received in mail

Lifting of Conditions:

5/26/09: I-751 mailed

6/1/09: NOA1

6/3/09: Check Cashed

7/7/09: Biometrics Appt

10/30/09: Approval Date

11/5/09: Received Notice in the mail

11/21/09: Greencard received in mail!

Naturalization:

8/12/10: N-400 Mailed

8/20/10: NOA1 (check cashed 8/24)

9/8/10: Early Biometrics. In and Out in 5 min!

9/22/10: Scheduled Biometrics Appt

11/4/10: Interview Appt - Passed!!!

01/27/11: Oath!!! Yippee!!

Timeline
That does sounds crazy...I know that kitkat was clear on the policy being clean for three years, but is there any where this is explicitly stated so it can be seen in black and white?

What exactly happened, Janet?

This makes NO sense. They did a urine test and obviously it was clean. The policy is 3 years.

http://www.ilw.com/articles/2005,1215-wheeler.shtm

Directly quoted from Warren Janssen:

Persons who admit during the medical exam to using an illegal drug within the last three years, or who are found with these substances in their system after drug screening, are inadmissible as drug abusers. There is an exception for mere experimentation (single use).

Janet, now is the time to call American Citizen Services in CDJ and also attorney Laurel Scott (www.visacentral.net). She is well aware of fraudulent tactics at CDJ (see below) and she will tell you what to do. Call her NOW.

This is from Laurel's chat today:

malady: Laurel, Good Morning and God Bless you. There has been some speculation over the Doctors in Juarez claiming they have a blood test that willl trace drugs and alcohol as far back as three years....is that possible?

Laurel: AILA is aware of this tactic. It is fraudulent. There is no blood test that can trace drug use back more than a few days. If they test your hair, they can find some drug use going back for months, depending on how long your hair is, but your hair would have to be at least 18 inches long for them to go back three years and they dont' test hair anyway.

Edited by kitkat1

denied.

Janet, I'm so sorry. But don't give up yet!

I'm a bit confused. He went to his interview at the Consulate and they denied him today? When did Edgar go to the "phsycological doctor"? (I don't think I spelled that correctly) Did he do that yesterday afternoon? Did he get denied at the Consulate interview or did they tell him that at the doctor's? Cause the final word is the Consulate, not the doctors. Even if the doctor said, "Edgar, you're probably going to get denied," does not mean that he'll actually get denied.

But again, like KitKat says, now is the time to jump to action. Make some phone calls, and fight for your future husband. Good luck.

Our Story:

Jan 2003 moved to Campeche, met Edgar three weeks later

K-1

Dec 2006 filed I-129f

July 12 WE FINALLY GOT MARRIED!!

AOS/EAD/AP:

July 2007 sent in AOS paperwork

Dec 6 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!

ROC:

Sept 5th 2009 Applied for Removal of Conditions

Sept 14th NOA I-797C

Oct 7th Biometrics Appt

Timeline

denied.

Janet, I'm so sorry. But don't give up yet!

I'm a bit confused. He went to his interview at the Consulate and they denied him today? When did Edgar go to the "phsycological doctor"? (I don't think I spelled that correctly) Did he do that yesterday afternoon? Did he get denied at the Consulate interview or did they tell him that at the doctor's? Cause the final word is the Consulate, not the doctors. Even if the doctor said, "Edgar, you're probably going to get denied," does not mean that he'll actually get denied.

But again, like KitKat says, now is the time to jump to action. Make some phone calls, and fight for your future husband. Good luck.

Interview was today - denial was there. Medical asked about drug use and he told them yes, five years ago. Unless the pyschologist determined that he is a drug addict, there is no basis for a denial. It was more than 3 years ago and I think it's safe to assume his urine test was fine.

Janet, you MUST CALL LAUREL SCOTT RIGHT NOW. Get this taken care of BEFORE he leaves CDJ. Even if you have to fly down there tonight, you have to get this cleared up ASAP.

Timeline

I wish that I had wise words and advice to give you like Kitkat and the other girls. Please don't give up. This is YOUR life. Please don't let some guy that doesn't even know you or Edgar decide your fate. I don't know what to do, but there must be something. 5 years is almost twice as long as 3. I'm praying for you.

Timeline

Janet, I know this sounds erally horrible on my part, but lots of things about Edgar's experience don't seem to be adding up. The electronic transfer, the denial for something that isn't grounds for denial. Are you sure that Edgar's being completely honest about everything?

:(

If that's not the case , then you can go down there and demand your rights. There's no basis for a denial. Insist on getting your man here with you!!!!!

Timeline

I wonder if they did the electronic transfer of the medical because of the prior drug use. Maybe they only give you the medical file if they 'find' you healthy and of sound mind. For a system that demands total honesty, they prove over and over that honesty is not the best policy. I wonder what they say to these guys that scares them into these 'confessions'? I remember Heinas story and they (correct me if I'm wrong) told them that he'd have to try again when it's been three years. So what did they tell Edgar? It's already been over three years.

Kitkat,

At this point, could she not contact that Warren guy since the consulate rules are 3 years and it's been 5 years? Could he not do something since Edgar was denied for no logical reason?

Timeline
I wonder if they did the electronic transfer of the medical because of the prior drug use. Maybe they only give you the medical file if they 'find' you healthy and of sound mind. For a system that demands total honesty, they prove over and over that honesty is not the best policy. I wonder what they say to these guys that scares them into these 'confessions'? I remember Heinas story and they (correct me if I'm wrong) told them that he'd have to try again when it's been three years. So what did they tell Edgar? It's already been over three years.

Kitkat,

At this point, could she not contact that Warren guy since the consulate rules are 3 years and it's been 5 years? Could he not do something since Edgar was denied for no logical reason?

Based on comments from my fiance, the electronic transfer of the medical IS because their was an admission of prior drug use. (I guess they are afraid those people won't deliver the entire file or something like that). There ARE signs on the walls in the medical clinic indicating something about being required to tell the truth and I'm sure it scares people. And the question about Heina's story is a good one - if you have to wait three years, and it has already been three years, what's he supposed to do?

I don't think it will be possible to actually get Warren on the phone - he commented that people should ask for him if they are at the interview and feel they were mistreated. Since Janet is not there, I doubt trying to reach him will do any good. But since attorney Laurel Scott is experienced in these situations, starting with a call to her would be very wise. I personally would also call American Citizen's Services and get the help of someone there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.