waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Which one of you is planning on wearing the gold lamé? Or is it both of you?

ay gabacha,

you know it would have to be Marco :)

I will be in demure gold brocade :)

and ebay special wedding gown, if you may

and hot pink metallic candies platforms from the 70s.

you know, drinkin' shoes :D

Edited by tijuanahilton

Timeline

I can't wait to see those wedding pictures...and I assume that the cheesy, pill-riddled Elvis will marry you, so he could wear his gold cape.

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Timeline
I can't wait to see those wedding pictures...and I assume that the cheesy, pill-riddled Elvis will marry you, so he could wear his gold cape.

yes, fat elvis or else.

i've been trying not to get excited until he has the visa in his hand but all this talk about fat elvis is making me quite giddy about the fact that my chango is finally moving in.

that and him messaging me about taking the DVD, Xbox and laptop home with me on saturday :D

p.s. MArco says to tell you he's NOT wearing gold lamé...he's going vintage cowboy a la Lemi from Motorhead!

ay gabacha,

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA! I am FALLING out of my chair over here! You can't do this to me while I'm at work! :lol:

Our Story:

Jan 2003 moved to Campeche, met Edgar three weeks later

K-1

Dec 2006 filed I-129f

July 12 WE FINALLY GOT MARRIED!!

AOS/EAD/AP:

July 2007 sent in AOS paperwork

Dec 6 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!

ROC:

Sept 5th 2009 Applied for Removal of Conditions

Sept 14th NOA I-797C

Oct 7th Biometrics Appt

Timeline

ay gabacha,

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA! I am FALLING out of my chair over here! You can't do this to me while I'm at work! :lol:

:D

all in a day's work. And you, Monica, have cause for cheer :D I'm glad everthing turned out for you guys :D

Timeline

Okay, MAJOR FREAKOUT #3487:

For those of you whose fiances or hubbies drink, even if it's just normal Friday nights out with friends, how did they answer that question at the medical? For those of you whose fiances never drink, I'm sure you just said, "No."

But what about the rest of you?

Did you include pictures of parties where everyone is obviously drinking?

Is this a stupid reason for me to get my panties in a bunch?

Timeline
Okay, MAJOR FREAKOUT #3487:

For those of you whose fiances or hubbies drink, even if it's just normal Friday nights out with friends, how did they answer that question at the medical? For those of you whose fiances never drink, I'm sure you just said, "No."

But what about the rest of you?

Did you include pictures of parties where everyone is obviously drinking?

Is this a stupid reason for me to get my panties in a bunch?

I have several photos where there are obviously bottles at the table. It's not illegal to drink here, or there, so I'm assuming it's fine. I don't know what will happen, but I'll let you know after Wednesday. Marco's just planning on saying in moderation, which is the case. It's the USC who's the lush :D

I just asked Edgar what he said, and he told them "no" that he doesnt drink, to be on the safe side. They do a urine test so drugs will show up, but not alcohol. I agree with Steph, it is not illegal to drink in either country, so no biggie.

And, one the three photos we presented was at a pary, and I am clearly drinking a mouthful of beer out of a plastic cup. They didn't say anything about that, thank God. Surprisingly.

Our Story:

Jan 2003 moved to Campeche, met Edgar three weeks later

K-1

Dec 2006 filed I-129f

July 12 WE FINALLY GOT MARRIED!!

AOS/EAD/AP:

July 2007 sent in AOS paperwork

Dec 6 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!

ROC:

Sept 5th 2009 Applied for Removal of Conditions

Sept 14th NOA I-797C

Oct 7th Biometrics Appt

Timeline

I basically feel the same way as you two, but on another board they put the fear of God into me about even saying that he drinks on occasion. I mean, personally I find it ridiculous that it'd even be an issue, unless they showed up drunk at the consulate or something, but now I'm a nervous Nelly. But really, if we didn't drink, we probably wouldn't even be together...sometimes you DO need a couple of caguamas in ya to take the leap.

Stephanie...have a safe flight and a good weekend...and remember what I said in my PM about tranquilizandole.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I've got a couple questions:

For the intent to marry form, it says that it should not be signed. I suppose that my fiancee will sign it in the interview. But what about the intent to marry form for me? As I am not allowed to be in the interview, do I just sign it now? And do I date it also?

Also, for the proof of my fiancee not being a public charge, did you bring proof of ownership of your property or real estate? They are asking for a title or deed.

Thanks!

BTW, I'll be in Hermosillo next Tuesday for work and then Ady and I are going to Juarez on June 11th. Hopefully, I won't need a desparate email to you all like Monica did. We are staying at the La Playa Inn Hotel. Is this a good or bad? I've heard the taxis like to quote high fares? Any idea how much it should cost from the CJ Airport?

AOS

7/27/07: Mailed AOS package to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

7/29/07: Package was delivered to Chicago Lockbox (Day 1)

8/30/07: NOA1 received (I-485, I-765, I-131)(Day 33)

9/4/07: Checks Cleared (Day 38)

10/5/07: Biometrics (Day 69)

10/18/07: AP & EAD Approved (Day 82)

1/9/08: AOS Interview (Day 165)

1/9/08: RFE, need to provide I-693A (Day 165)

2/7/08: I-485 Approved (Day 194)

Timeline

What is the name of the airport in Juarez?

March 15, 2007 - I-129F Sent

March 20, 2007 - NOA1 Received

March 23, 2007 - Touched, April 4, 2007 - Touched , April 5, 2007 - Touched

April 18, 2007 - RFE Email received (waiting for snailmail to see what it is they need)

April 23, 2007 - Received RFE in the mail, mailed out RFE to USCIS using express mail, will get there tomorrow (come on NOA2!)

April 25, 2007 - USCIS Received my RFE info and case has resumed processing

April 26, 2007 - Touched, April 27, 2007 - Touched, April 28, 2007 - TOUCHED AGAIN!

May 10, 2007 - NOA2 Email notification (It took 56 days)

May 16, 2007 - Received NOA2 Notice in snail mail

May 18, 2007 - Received Letter from NVC that they are sending our packet to Juarez Consulate this week

May 26, 2007 - Received Fiance Packet!!!!!!

June 5, 2007 - Medical

June 6, 2007 - Interview at Juarez - Visa Denied (Fiance admitted to smoking marijuana cigarette 6 months before the interview, labeled a 'DRUG ADDICT")

November 18, 2009: I sent an inquiry thru the Juarez website asking about our upcoming end to our ban, what to do etc.

December 14, 2009 - Received a reply from the consulate saying that they will forward a request to the immigration department to request a new appt

December 16, 2009 - Received an email from the consulate saying they are ready for my fiance to come for an open appt anytime

February 2, 2010 - Medical - Trip back to Psych far away in dirty office

February 3, 2010 - Pick up Medical Results

February 4, 2010 - Interview, given form 221(g) "Admin Review" and to come back in 6 months for another medical examination. #######.

Timeline

Never mind, I got it, Edgar flies Monday! yay!!

April 18, 2007 - RFE Email received (waiting for snailmail to see what it is they need)

April 23, 2007 - Received RFE in the mail, mailed out RFE to USCIS using express mail, will get there tomorrow (come on NOA2!)

April 26, 2007 - Touched, April 27, 2007 - Touched, April 28, 2007 - TOUCHED AGAIN!

May 18, 2007 - Received Letter from NVC that they are sending our packet to Juarez Consulate this week

June 5, 2007 - Medical

June 6, 2007 - Interview at Juarez - Visa Denied (Fiance admitted to smoking marijuana cigarette 6 months before the interview, labeled a 'DRUG ADDICT")

November 18, 2009: I sent an inquiry thru the Juarez website asking about our upcoming end to our ban, what to do etc.

December 14, 2009 - Received a reply from the consulate saying that they will forward a request to the immigration department to request a new appt

December 16, 2009 - Received an email from the consulate saying they are ready for my fiance to come for an open appt anytime

February 4, 2010 - Interview, given form 221(g) "Admin Review" and to come back in 6 months for another medical examination. #######.

Timeline

Does anyone know how long it takes to pass through customs at the border if Edgar decides to go to El Paso after his interview? I want to book him a flight out of El Paso to NJ but I don't know how long he could be held up at the border. Anyone???

June 5, 2007 - Medical

Timeline
Does anyone know how long it takes to pass through customs at the border if Edgar decides to go to El Paso after his interview? I want to book him a flight out of El Paso to NJ but I don't know how long he could be held up at the border. Anyone???

I don't know anything about the juarez crossing, but here in tijuana it can (and often does) take up to four hours!

Marco arrives in Juarez tomorrow. I told him we're all waiting for a play by play.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.