waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Well, judging from people on the backlog who have gotten a response from CDJ, hopefully you'll have some news by fall, kitkat.

We'll all have to make sure we're "around" here to see your waiver approval!

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Yes, I echo all statements: KitKat, you're a big help to all and I bet you'll hear something soon!

I am really excited for everyone who is going for their visa soon. I have no doubts you'll all be approved. If you have any questions about Juarez or getting around or any detailed info, feel free to PM me!

Our Story:

Jan 2003 moved to Campeche, met Edgar three weeks later

K-1

Dec 2006 filed I-129f

July 12 WE FINALLY GOT MARRIED!!

AOS/EAD/AP:

July 2007 sent in AOS paperwork

Dec 6 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!

ROC:

Sept 5th 2009 Applied for Removal of Conditions

Sept 14th NOA I-797C

Oct 7th Biometrics Appt

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Does anyone know how far Juarez Consulate is from the El Paso Int'l Airport?

March 15, 2007 - I-129F Sent

March 20, 2007 - NOA1 Received

March 23, 2007 - Touched, April 4, 2007 - Touched , April 5, 2007 - Touched

April 18, 2007 - RFE Email received (waiting for snailmail to see what it is they need)

April 23, 2007 - Received RFE in the mail, mailed out RFE to USCIS using express mail, will get there tomorrow (come on NOA2!)

April 25, 2007 - USCIS Received my RFE info and case has resumed processing

April 26, 2007 - Touched, April 27, 2007 - Touched, April 28, 2007 - TOUCHED AGAIN!

May 10, 2007 - NOA2 Email notification (It took 56 days)

May 16, 2007 - Received NOA2 Notice in snail mail

May 18, 2007 - Received Letter from NVC that they are sending our packet to Juarez Consulate this week

May 26, 2007 - Received Fiance Packet!!!!!!

June 5, 2007 - Medical

June 6, 2007 - Interview at Juarez - Visa Denied (Fiance admitted to smoking marijuana cigarette 6 months before the interview, labeled a 'DRUG ADDICT")

November 18, 2009: I sent an inquiry thru the Juarez website asking about our upcoming end to our ban, what to do etc.

December 14, 2009 - Received a reply from the consulate saying that they will forward a request to the immigration department to request a new appt

December 16, 2009 - Received an email from the consulate saying they are ready for my fiance to come for an open appt anytime

February 2, 2010 - Medical - Trip back to Psych far away in dirty office

February 3, 2010 - Pick up Medical Results

February 4, 2010 - Interview, given form 221(g) "Admin Review" and to come back in 6 months for another medical examination. #######.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello to all... I am new to this so hopefully I'am doing it correctly. Well first of all, Thanks to everyone that posts on this sites it answers alot of questions. My wife and I are in the process of the K-3 Visa, I am the U.S. Citizen and she is in Mexico.

My question for now, I received the notice from NVC that they I-129F was forwarded to Juarez letter dated May 7th, 2007. I see that some of you have already received the packet from Juarez. Does anyone know what is the average time it takes to receive it? My concern is the mailing system in Mexico. If she does not receive it, if you email or call Juarez will they give it too you? And if so, how long should I wait to contact them?

Once again Thanks to all, and Good Luck to everyone!!!!!

Timeline
Hello to all... I am new to this so hopefully I'am doing it correctly. Well first of all, Thanks to everyone that posts on this sites it answers alot of questions. My wife and I are in the process of the K-3 Visa, I am the U.S. Citizen and she is in Mexico.

My question for now, I received the notice from NVC that they I-129F was forwarded to Juarez letter dated May 7th, 2007. I see that some of you have already received the packet from Juarez. Does anyone know what is the average time it takes to receive it? My concern is the mailing system in Mexico. If she does not receive it, if you email or call Juarez will they give it too you? And if so, how long should I wait to contact them?

Once again Thanks to all, and Good Luck to everyone!!!!!

lladude, the wait time for K3s is bit different. K1s don't have to wait for a specific interview date - the packet is sent once the file has been received and input by CDJ and K1 beneficiaries can then go to the consulate without an appointment.

For K3s, the packet isn't sent until shortly before the interview date is given, which is normally 4-6 months after the K3 paperwork has received CDJ. They will send it to both the USC and the benficiary and you get also get all the packet information directly off the CDJ website. Then you'll only need the appointment letter from the packet, which you can scan and email to your wife if necessary.

Buena Suerte!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Wow, thanks for your quick response, and good luck to you too in your process...

So is that right, I'am still like 4-6 months out. Well I thought that it would be sooner than that since the Approval Notice from USCIS sez that my form is valid from 04/17/2007 to 08/16/2007. I also emailed Juarez and they told me that the interview would probably be set before the notice expired. (But reading through the forums, I am not trusting much the responses they are always giving out.)

So are the K-1 interviews and K-3 interviews much difference from each other?

Timeline
Wow, thanks for your quick response, and good luck to you too in your process...

So is that right, I'am still like 4-6 months out. Well I thought that it would be sooner than that since the Approval Notice from USCIS sez that my form is valid from 04/17/2007 to 08/16/2007. I also emailed Juarez and they told me that the interview would probably be set before the notice expired. (But reading through the forums, I am not trusting much the responses they are always giving out.)

So are the K-1 interviews and K-3 interviews much difference from each other?

Unfortunately, you can pretty much NEVER trust what CDJ tells you by email. However, they will extend your NOA2 expiration date without problem if they are unable to schedule your interview before it expires.

K3 interviews are definitely different because K1s are not yet married. K3s have, *most likely*, much more detailed questions and need to prove of the validity of the marriage.

I've been reading about all those headed to Juarez soon. Wow, how our Juarez thread has grown. In the beginning it was simply a couple of us in the group, and it's been growing lately, that's great.

I just wanted to wish all of those heading out to Juarez soon the best of luck. You guys are almost there and when you finally receive the visa and your SO is in the U.S. you realize that it was all well worth the wait. I hope to read on about all of your visa approvals coming up, we've never had a denial in our Juarez thread. :thumbs:

We are especially waiting for your approval kitkat, I know its coming soon, you deserve it! Oh yeah, thanks for clearing up the vaccination questions on the I-693 for me. Wasn't I supposed to be the one to clear up the AOS stuff for you? :lol:

* * * * * * * * * K-1 VISA * * * * * * * * * * * *

06/21/06: Submitted I-129F to the CSC

10/18/06: NOA2 DATE

01/29/07: MEDICAL IN CDJ

01/30/07: INTERVIEW in CDJ **My fiance receives his visa**

03/31/07-04/08/07: I leave to Mexico and bring back my fiance

04/08/07: U.S. ENTRY at LAX

04/23/07: Married in Vegas

* * * * * * * *AOS, AP, & EAD * * * * * * * * * *

05/24/07: Submitted AOS, AP, EAD

06/01/07: NOA1 for AOS & EAD, NOA1 for AP missing, but they received forms

06/06/07: TOUCHED (AOS, AP, EAD)

06/23/07: RFE for I-864 paperwork

07/03/07: Biometrics for AOS & EAD

07/03/07: TOUCHED (EAD)

07/07/07: Submitted response to RFE

07/18/07: TOUCHED (AOS) They received RFE response

08/08/07: AP APPROVED

08/10/07: EAD APPROVED

10/17/07: AOS interview in Los Angeles -- APPROVED, pending name check :(

02/08/08: Name check has cleared, Notice welcoming new resident is mailed out

02/12/08: Card Production ordered, woohoo

02/15/08: Notice welcoming new resident is received

02/21/08: GREEN CARD IN HAND

08/23/08: After 7 years together . . . Religious wedding ceremony and HUGE PARTY in Jalisco, Mexico (we deserve it)

08/24-08/30: Spend our honeymoon in Acapulco, Mexico

Link to video clip of our wedding: http://www.youtube.com/user/dstradaproducc...f/1/wHiId9HZVRc

Nov. 2009: File to Remove Conditions

Timeline
I've been reading about all those headed to Juarez soon. Wow, how our Juarez thread has grown. In the beginning it was simply a couple of us in the group, and it's been growing lately, that's great.

I just wanted to wish all of those heading out to Juarez soon the best of luck. You guys are almost there and when you finally receive the visa and your SO is in the U.S. you realize that it was all well worth the wait. I hope to read on about all of your visa approvals coming up, we've never had a denial in our Juarez thread. :thumbs:

We are especially waiting for your approval kitkat, I know its coming soon, you deserve it! Oh yeah, thanks for clearing up the vaccination questions on the I-693 for me. Wasn't I supposed to be the one to clear up the AOS stuff for you? :lol:

Well, after all this time and research, I've learned a bit about AOS too! ;)

That's a GREAT point about no denials here - everyone should keep that in mind and feel very encouraged!

Our approval will come one of these days. Hopefully CDJ will find a way to address the backlogged people soon enough. I'm ok - heading back to DF next week on a ONE WAY ticket!!! I have no idea how long I'll stay, but if we're lucky, I won't come home alone!

Timeline

Welcome and congrats! We also got a K-3 visa from Juarez. Our I-129F was approved in February. I got the packet in March for Guillermo's interview on May 4th and he actually did get it in the mail, but not until April. Guillermo was asked a lot of the same questions that K-1's are asked. If you read this thread you'll find out more. We also had additional proof of our marital relationship. We also had a joint tax return and letter from owner of our apartment stating she'll add him to the lease. However, the photos were the most important piece of evidence. Guillermo was muy sonriente when he showed the consular official our photos and told him about our experiences together....after seeing the photo album he said the most magical words in the world....."Su visa esta aprobada!" We'll have another interview for his greencard though. Then we'll be prepared to show a joint life now that we're actually living together (eg. bank accounts, leases, insurance, etc.). It was a hard process but definitely worth it! This weekend I took him down the Pacific Coast Highway through Monterey and Big Sur. He finally met my family and everything turned out to be wonderful!

Let me know if you have more questions about K-3 visas.

Timeline

Well, after all this time and research, I've learned a bit about AOS too! ;)

That's a GREAT point about no denials here - everyone should keep that in mind and feel very encouraged!

Our approval will come one of these days. Hopefully CDJ will find a way to address the backlogged people soon enough. I'm ok - heading back to DF next week on a ONE WAY ticket!!! I have no idea how long I'll stay, but if we're lucky, I won't come home alone!

kit kat!!!!!

when are you getting to mexico???? I'm going too (this friday) and will be super available if you are. :)

let me know. i'm in the south...walking distance from Coyo.

Timeline
kit kat!!!!!

when are you getting to mexico???? I'm going too (this friday) and will be super available if you are. :)

let me know. i'm in the south...walking distance from Coyo.

We're about 15 minutes east of the airport (I'd love to be that close to Coyo). But I'll working the whole time I'm there and probably not much time to play early on since I'm facing two mid-June deadlines. How long will you be there?

Timeline

Looking at the forms I have to fill out, I'd assume that they wouldn't get their knickers in a twist about discrepancies in employment history. The fellow had yet ANOTHER job change (this time he's at his dream job in a five star hotel...for which he'll have to give his renuncia). It asks for most recent employer, and of course this isn't indicated anywhere on the G325A I originally submitted because it came after.

Will they care?

How's this for evidence (I realize they won't look at most of it):

- a lovely photo album, "Best of Edgar and Melissa since 2000," NO metal anywhere to be found

-my cell phone bills for six months, with our calls and texts highlighted (basically whole pages will have to be highlighted)

-my visa bills from my three last visits after moving back here (with charges in Cancun and Playa)

-whatever I can scrounge up from my travel agent detailing my flight history to and fro since 2000.

-notarized letters from dad, mom, and stepmom all giving the dates that they met him while he was with me (pictures to back it up...dad looks frighteningly like me, so no question there)

-pictures of the shrine I made in his honor, with samples of his fingernail clippings, a lock of his hair, and a shmear of his saliva from the first time we kissed

Nothing from the computer...we don't email. Only one actual boarding pass that I included in the original packet. My passport doesn't have clear stamps.

I don't want to include my FM3 because it has an address that neither of us ever lived at. Anything else or does this sound good?

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Timeline

You simply crack me up (the shrine!!!)

You sound totally prepared and good to go. No worries on the work stuff - I don't think they even ask anything about it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.