waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

I'll be happy to report to my Edgar that the special parts of su tocallo remain unmolested (except of course, by his fiance :)).

I was planning on making reservations at La Playa, but just read today about El Meson de Maruca, which seems a bit cheaper.

All the best for tomorrow at the interview!

El Meso de Maruca is also pretty close. They were booked too. We are actually staying at a Casa de Huespedes, which is basically someone's home where they have a bedroom and bathroom they are renting to us. It's actually not that bad, I stand corrected.

Edgar is at the Consulate right now, and I wish he could send me a text message. Its gonna be a long day.

Our Story:

Jan 2003 moved to Campeche, met Edgar three weeks later

K-1

Dec 2006 filed I-129f

July 12 WE FINALLY GOT MARRIED!!

AOS/EAD/AP:

July 2007 sent in AOS paperwork

Dec 6 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!

ROC:

Sept 5th 2009 Applied for Removal of Conditions

Sept 14th NOA I-797C

Oct 7th Biometrics Appt

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Monica: could you get the name and number of the person who owns the house? How much are you paying?

We'd normally just wing it, but we're coming in separately so I need to make a reservation to have a place to meet.

How do you feel? Sick to your stomach? I know I will be a total freak show.

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I've got a question about Advance Parole? How long does it take to get after marriage. I was reading that you apply for it while applying for AOS?

AOS

7/27/07: Mailed AOS package to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

7/29/07: Package was delivered to Chicago Lockbox (Day 1)

8/30/07: NOA1 received (I-485, I-765, I-131)(Day 33)

9/4/07: Checks Cleared (Day 38)

10/5/07: Biometrics (Day 69)

10/18/07: AP & EAD Approved (Day 82)

1/9/08: AOS Interview (Day 165)

1/9/08: RFE, need to provide I-693A (Day 165)

2/7/08: I-485 Approved (Day 194)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
To all Juarez people,

Just a quick update: We are through with AOS. We received email welcoming new permanent resident. Thank you KitKat and Allie for the warm wishes. I could not have gone through this entire journey without this forum. We went at with only the knowledge gained here..no lawyers or RFE's. Thanks again KitKat for your advice. It was extremely valuable. Good luck to all and feel free to ask any questions.

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

No more USICIS for TWO years!!!

I'm so happy for you two (and secretly a tiny bit jealous). Don't worry - you guys will all be "paying me back" when I finally get to the AOS process!!!

:luv:

Congratulations Lucy!!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

Those are such great news!!!

I bet it feels great knowing that you don't have to deal with them for two years :yes:

Oh, and KK, I'll be more than happy to payback some of the help you have given us here ;):luv:

Marty, they say it takes an average of 90 days to get the AP once you submit it, and that you can only do with or after the AOS application (I-485), which can only be done once you have your certified marriage certificate. My NOA1 date was March 1st and I got approved 68 days after on May 8th.

Hope this helps.

May 1996: Met in Mexico
K1
March 7th, 2006: Sent 129F to NSC
March 9th, 2006: NOA1 Day 1
June 15th, 2006: Notice of transfer to CSC
October 3rd, 2006: IMBRA RFE e-mail
October 17th, 2006 CSC e-mail confirming RFE receipt.
October 18th, 2006: NOA2!!!!!!!! 224 days!
October 25th, 2006: NVC received file
November 10th, 2006: Received Packet from CDJ
January 5th, 2007: Visa approved!!!! 302 days!
February 16th, 2007: Civil Ceremony
AOS
February 21st, 2007: Mailed AOS, EAD & AP to Chicago
March 1st, 2007: NOA1 - Day 1
March 26th, 2007: I-485 transferred to CSC - Day 25
March 30th, 2007: Biometrics appointment - Day 29
April 14th, 2007: Big Wedding!!!!
May 8th, 2007: AP Approved - Day 68
May 10th, 2007: EAD Approved- Day 70
September 20th, 2007: SECOND Biometrics appointment - Day 203
December 4th, 2007: AOS approved!!!! 278 days!
December 10th, 2007: Received GC - Day 284
Removal of Conditions
August 31st, 2009: Mailed I-751 to CSC
September 2nd, 2009: NOA1 - Day 1
October 15th, 2009: Biometrics appointment - Day 44
October 26th, 2009: 10 year GC approved!! - Day 55
October 31st, 2009: Received GC - Day 60

NATURALIZATION

May 7th, 2013: Mailed N-400

May 9th, 2013: NOA1 - Day 1

June 10th, 2013: Biometrics Appointment - Day 33

September 5th, 2013: Interview - Day

September 27th, 2013: Oath Ceremony- Day

We did not get the visa. On the basis of lack of evidence. We had printed about 20 emails, dating back from 2005, but the guy claimed he needed them from 2003, when we met. He also asked for more pictures, since we only had one. But we dont have any more pictures! And I mean that seriously. We werent going around taking pictures all the time. We do not have any reciepts or anything else to prove that we've been together since 2003 either. Any other suggestions, guys?

They have all of our paperwork, the 156, 156K, 157. They gave Edgar a form that says we have to return tomorrow to the info window at 730am with the evidence. I dont know if we'll need to pay Banamax again, etc. I don't know what happens from here. Do we just give them the evidence *if we can find some* and then they give us the visa? Or do we go through the process all over?

What really pisses me off is that Edgar requested that he come outside so I could go in to answer questions. Out of the whole 8 hours that I was standing out there waiting, I of course chose this moment to run back to the hotel to use the bathroom (feminin stuff). I was gone for 20 minutes, and by the time I came back, Edgar had been denied and was walking out of the building.

Has this ever happened to anyone? Does anyone know what happens now?

Our Story:

K-1

Dec 2006 filed I-129f

AOS/EAD/AP:

ROC:

Sept 14th NOA I-797C

Oct 7th Biometrics Appt

Timeline

Monica, sorry to hear this. It HAS happened to others - there seem to be a few COs who get hung up on relationship proof. Since you don't have anymore evidence there, I suggest you go tomorrow, together to the information window and explain that you do not have any more evidence and that you want to speak directly to the CO (you both) to understand exactly what they need. Push hard. If the CO doesn't explain clearly why he needs more and what he wants, ask to speak to the Supervisor of the immigrant visa unit or go directly to American Citizen's services to request assistance. I think it's best if you try as hard as possible to deal with it tomorrow, while you are there, than to have to go home and try to search for more evidence that you know you don't have.

You definitely don't have to pay any other fees.

Hang in there - push hard, be aggressive and don't be afraid to make a big deal of this. If I can find contact names for you, I'll PM you.

Try to keep your spirits up!

Timeline

Oh my f%cking Jesus...I'm ripped right now.

Do you and Edgar work at the same place? Did you bring your FM3 with you? Is there anyone who can fax letters saying that they know both of you? Any saved letters from your mom or dad saying how psyched they are to see their future SIL? Any saved emails from you from 2003 talking about having met him? Do you have a credit card that shows you making charges in Campeche or Playa? If you do, the credit card company should be able to provide you with that. #######, I know that this is weak evidence, but I know how damn hard it is to prove a relationship in Mexico when you realy don't have anything in your name, much less in both your names.

Since he's got Playa all over his biographical info, do you have anything to tie you to Playa? Your FM3 with your address in it that would match his address?

I know that it'll be a b%tch to get any evidence for tomorrow morning, but maybe figuring out creativiely what can tie you two together and go in there and push, push, push like kitkat said.

Abrazos!

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Monica, sorry to hear this. It HAS happened to others - there seem to be a few COs who get hung up on relationship proof. Since you don't have anymore evidence there, I suggest you go tomorrow, together to the information window and explain that you do not have any more evidence and that you want to speak directly to the CO (you both) to understand exactly what they need. Push hard. If the CO doesn't explain clearly why he needs more and what he wants, ask to speak to the Supervisor of the immigrant visa unit or go directly to American Citizen's services to request assistance. I think it's best if you try as hard as possible to deal with it tomorrow, while you are there, than to have to go home and try to search for more evidence that you know you don't have.

You definitely don't have to pay any other fees.

Hang in there - push hard, be aggressive and don't be afraid to make a big deal of this. If I can find contact names for you, I'll PM you.

Try to keep your spirits up!

Let me tell you, its been the afternoon from hell. Edgar arrived at 7am and was let into the building at 830am. I showed up at about 9 and waited outside. And waited. And waited. You're lucky to find a seat, even luckier if its in the shade. I am sunburnt and exhuasted. At 4pm, I went to my Casa de Huespedes and was back by 420, which is when I saw Edgar walk out of the building.

And then everything fell apart.

I will let everyone know what happens tomorrow. I have to change the flights, so Im so happy that Ill be footing that expense. I hope we make it back by tomorrow evening because I have to work on Friday.

Sorry for being so depressing, everyone! :unsure::wacko::blush:

Our Story:

K-1

Dec 2006 filed I-129f

AOS/EAD/AP:

ROC:

Sept 14th NOA I-797C

Oct 7th Biometrics Appt

Timeline

I wonder why he wanted emails dating back from 2003? Good grief, 2005 is still sufficient time. This is just crazy. Can you take photos tonight and have them developed since they want more photos?

Timeline

Ay amigaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I am SO sorry to hear that.

Go back tomorrow and act like a true American. Insist you be heard. Really, they're going to approve your visa, no doubt. They just want to rake you over the coals for god only knows what reason before they finally do it. I am SO sorry they're doing this :(

Timeline
Ay amigaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I am SO sorry to hear that.

Go back tomorrow and act like a true American. Insist you be heard. Really, they're going to approve your visa, no doubt. They just want to rake you over the coals for god only knows what reason before they finally do it. I am SO sorry they're doing this :(

tijuanahilton is right Monica. It's a US Consulate. You are a USC. You have a right to be heard and you have a right to get help from American Citizens services if need be. By the way, I've been on online chats where Warren Janssen, the Director of CDJ has participated. He has publicly stated that if anything happens at an interview that makes the petitioner feel they were not treated appropriately or did not get the assistance they needed, they should ask to speak to him. So don't be afraid - do whatever you need to do to get this resolved manana!

We're are thinking of you both!!!

Timeline

Monica, I'm laying here in bed thinking of you guys.

Go in there tomorrow and pitch a FIT! You're an american citizen! They're infringing on your rights as set forth in the declaration of independence!

It tells us........

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

You go get 'em! You've got the founding fathers on your side. :)

Timeline

MONICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Waiting anxiously in front of the computer to hear your hopefully excellent news!!!!!!!!!!!

Phone home please!!!!! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.