waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
How long is the work permit good for? I'm so glad all went smooth!

Monica, temp. work permits (not available in many places but JFK does seem to give them out routinely) are good for 90 days. Then if the regular EAD has not been received, he cannot continue working and has to wait for the card.

Thanks, K!

We leave for Juarez tomorrow! :wacko::help:

Buena Suerte Monica!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you all for your good luck messages and positive vibes. I will post an update as soon as I can.

Good luck to you all as well, wherever you are in the loooong visa process.

Our Story:

Jan 2003 moved to Campeche, met Edgar three weeks later

K-1

Dec 2006 filed I-129f

July 12 WE FINALLY GOT MARRIED!!

AOS/EAD/AP:

July 2007 sent in AOS paperwork

Dec 6 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!

ROC:

Sept 5th 2009 Applied for Removal of Conditions

Sept 14th NOA I-797C

Oct 7th Biometrics Appt

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Oh, right! I'm such a wreck about my own trip that I forgot he's going by himself. Probably better for you that we're going later...we'd probably get the guy drunk and make him tell us all sorts of weird stuff about you. :)

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Timeline
Oh, right! I'm such a wreck about my own trip that I forgot he's going by himself. Probably better for you that we're going later...we'd probably get the guy drunk and make him tell us all sorts of weird stuff about you. :)

That would be a RIOT!!!! Becase my honey is a FRIENDLY drunk, though not quite so friendly as I. Yay. And we may be moving up entry date from august to late June. yay! yay! yay!

I sent you silly messages by the way, gabacha :)

Timeline

Not surprised about the change in date at all! It was hard to imagine his going back to DF and waiting til August. Good choice!

To all Juarez people,

Just a quick update: We are through with AOS. We received email welcoming new permanent resident. Thank you KitKat and Allie for the warm wishes. I could not have gone through this entire journey without this forum. We went at with only the knowledge gained here..no lawyers or RFE's. Thanks again KitKat for your advice. It was extremely valuable. Good luck to all and feel free to ask any questions.

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

No more USICIS for TWO years!!!

US Entry : 2006-11-27

Marriage : 2006-12

AOS : Submitted on 1-29-07

NOA1: 2-5-07

BIOMETRICS: 2-21-07

AOS Interview: Decision Pending :( FBI Name Check not completed

Email welcoming New Resident on 5/22/07.

Approval Notice email: 5/31/2007

CARD IN HAND 6/01/2007

Removal of Conditions now in progress

Mailed: 3-4-09

USCIS received: 3-6-09

NOA1: 3-9-09

Biometrics: letter arrived 3-18-09, scheduled 3-28-09

Approved on: 05-04-2009

Approval letter arrives: 05-09-09

waiting on green card...

card production email: 06/19/2009

CARD IN HAND: 07/02/2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
To all Juarez people,

Just a quick update: We are through with AOS. We received email welcoming new permanent resident. Thank you KitKat and Allie for the warm wishes. I could not have gone through this entire journey without this forum. We went at with only the knowledge gained here..no lawyers or RFE's. Thanks again KitKat for your advice. It was extremely valuable. Good luck to all and feel free to ask any questions.

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

No more USICIS for TWO years!!!

I'm so happy for you two (and secretly a tiny bit jealous). Don't worry - you guys will all be "paying me back" when I finally get to the AOS process!!!

:luv:

Hey all!

Edgar and I have almost completed our Day 1 in Juarez, and I'll update you on how it went.

Hotel La Playa (www.hotellaplaya.com.mx) is directly accros the street from the consulate, and if we would have made reservations in advance (which we didn't) that's probably where we'd stay. Unfortunately, they were all booked when we arrived last night, so we stayed a little bit further. And I'm not going to even mention where because its so crappy. Also, Hotel La Playa only accepts cash, so bring enough for your stay.

Edgar went to the medical first, the building thats right next to the consulate. The rumor mill inside the clinic is that the "other" medical clinic is bad and untrustworthly (?), so I'd say stick to the clinic next to the consulate. They drew his blood and he had to pee in a cup, but nothing too invasive. He also had to lower his boxers to his knees and "turn around" but the doctor only looked, not touched. His private parts remained unmolested. Haha. He arrived at the clinic at 6am and left by 11am, with instructions to return at 2pm for his paperwork. It cost $148.50 USD. Also, bring any type of vacination paperwork to show at the medical.

We took photos in one of the many places accross the street, we'll see tomorrow at the interview if they'll be rejected or not. We paid at Banamex, which is a pretty long walk from the consulate (but what else is there to do?) and there was almost no line or wait for a cashier. We found a modest mall that we walked around in a bit, but now we're just killing time until we go back for the paperwork.

Hopefully I'll be able to give another update tomorrow - a good news update - stay tuned!!

Our Story:

Jan 2003 moved to Campeche, met Edgar three weeks later

K-1

Dec 2006 filed I-129f

July 12 WE FINALLY GOT MARRIED!!

AOS/EAD/AP:

July 2007 sent in AOS paperwork

Dec 6 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!

ROC:

Sept 5th 2009 Applied for Removal of Conditions

Sept 14th NOA I-797C

Oct 7th Biometrics Appt

Timeline

I'll be happy to report to my Edgar that the special parts of su tocallo remain unmolested (except of course, by his fiance :)).

I was planning on making reservations at La Playa, but just read today about El Meson de Maruca, which seems a bit cheaper.

All the best for tomorrow at the interview!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.