waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Form DS-156K says we need a police certificate!!!!

Did everyone bring one???????

DS-156K is a generic form. Only countries where police certificates are available have to provide them. Mexico does not require them because they are not readily available.

About how long, for those of you who have been there and done that, did it take after NVC sent the petition to the consulate for you to receive the packet at home

In November 06, it took one month for us to get the packet. 4 weeks seems to be fairly average.

Timeline

I keep hearing conflicting things, does my fiance need his police certificate at the interview or not? Juarez. I got conflicting emails from Juarez, the first one was that I asked when he should go get it and they wrote back "now". After that, I wrote back to them and said that I heard they were not necessary and they wrote back to me that the police cert was no necessary so it frightens me alittle bit. I don't want us to travel all that way and get rejected for now having it?

March 15, 2007 - I-129F Sent

March 20, 2007 - NOA1 Received

March 23, 2007 - Touched, April 4, 2007 - Touched , April 5, 2007 - Touched

April 18, 2007 - RFE Email received (waiting for snailmail to see what it is they need)

April 23, 2007 - Received RFE in the mail, mailed out RFE to USCIS using express mail, will get there tomorrow (come on NOA2!)

April 25, 2007 - USCIS Received my RFE info and case has resumed processing

April 26, 2007 - Touched, April 27, 2007 - Touched, April 28, 2007 - TOUCHED AGAIN!

May 10, 2007 - NOA2 Email notification (It took 56 days)

May 16, 2007 - Received NOA2 Notice in snail mail

May 18, 2007 - Received Letter from NVC that they are sending our packet to Juarez Consulate this week

May 26, 2007 - Received Fiance Packet!!!!!!

June 5, 2007 - Medical

June 6, 2007 - Interview at Juarez - Visa Denied (Fiance admitted to smoking marijuana cigarette 6 months before the interview, labeled a 'DRUG ADDICT")

November 18, 2009: I sent an inquiry thru the Juarez website asking about our upcoming end to our ban, what to do etc.

December 14, 2009 - Received a reply from the consulate saying that they will forward a request to the immigration department to request a new appt

December 16, 2009 - Received an email from the consulate saying they are ready for my fiance to come for an open appt anytime

February 2, 2010 - Medical - Trip back to Psych far away in dirty office

February 3, 2010 - Pick up Medical Results

February 4, 2010 - Interview, given form 221(g) "Admin Review" and to come back in 6 months for another medical examination. #######.

Timeline
I keep hearing conflicting things, does my fiance need his police certificate at the interview or not? Juarez. I got conflicting emails from Juarez, the first one was that I asked when he should go get it and they wrote back "now". After that, I wrote back to them and said that I heard they were not necessary and they wrote back to me that the police cert was no necessary so it frightens me alittle bit. I don't want us to travel all that way and get rejected for now having it?

http://www.***removed***/immigration/police-certificates.html

Do not attempt to get police certificates covering residence in any of the following countries because they are not available:

Mexico

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...es_1308.html#pc

Note : Police certificates from certain countries are unavailable. More specific information is available from NVC or the nearest United States immigrant visa processing post.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/reciprocity/C...er/M/Mexico.htm

Mexico

POLICE RECORD

Unavailable

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

So how are the police certificates accepted by the consulate different from the constancia de antecedentes no penales? Not that I'm complaining about not having to send homeboy out for another document.

But the antecedentes no penales is extremely easy to get, at least where we live. In fact, he has to get one and submit it every time he gets a new job. And he grumbles about getting that along with his tarjeta de salud.

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Timeline

I don't know what the constancia de antecedentes no penales covers. Maybe regular, official Police Certificates show more detail? They include:

the entire period of the applicant’s residence in the area and state what the appropriate police authorities records show concerning each applicant, including all arrests, the reason for the arrest(s), and the disposition of each case of which there is a record.

Anyway, doesn't matter. The consulate in CDJ doesn't require anything police-related unless the beneficiary has a criminal background and therefore is filing a waiver. Then they need the complete police report, court records, etc.

Timeline

Congrats Janet and Edgar!!! So happy for you!

vismaster - NVC sent it on Nov 29 and the Consulate actually received it a few days later by DHL, but they didn't actually touch it until January 29th (so it took them about 2 months to "receive.") That was the most annoying wait of all, knowing that it was there, but they just didn't get to it until 2 months later. We wrote them a lot and they apologized saying that it should never take more than 2 months. I received the packet Feb 5th and the packet sent to Roberto in Mexico still hasn't arrived.

tijuanahilton, GabachaYucateca - Roberto took the police certificate (constancia de antecedentes no penales) with him but they never asked for it at the interview. I think it is a pointless document anyway because it's only done by state, so if you committed a crime in another state, it may not even show up. I would say that if you can get it, just do it so that you feel better having it, but they most likely won't ask for it.

UCLA_Cutie - Good to see you back here! Keep us updated on your AOS. We did not apply for Advance Parole because we do not need it right now, but if the need comes up and he still does not have his green card, we will probably apply.

Good luck to the rest of you!!! Hang in there KitKat!! I hope to read more happy news soon!! :)

08/09/06 - sent I-129F

08/11/06 - I-129F received at NSC (later transferred to CSC)

08/17/06 - I-129F returned because of expired form

08/24/06 - sent I-129F again

08/31/06 - NOA1

11/17/06 - NOA2

11/27/06 - NVC received file

11/29/06 - NVC sent file to CDJ :)

01/29/07 - CDJ "received" file and sent packet - wooohooo!!!

02/05/07 - I received the packet at last!!!

02/13/07 - Medical Exam

02/14/07 - INTERVIEW - VISA RECEIVED!!! :) :)

02/19/07 - US Entry

03/02/07 - Applied for SSN

03/09/07 - SSN card came in the mail

03/09/07 - Civil Wedding!!

08/11/07 - Big Religious Wedding!!! (we've been planning it since July '06!)

AOS/EAD

04/09/07 - sent I-485 & I-765 by FedEx

04/11/07 - I-485 & I-765 arrived in Chicago

04/17/07 - NOA1 date for both

04/20/07 - NOA1 received in mail for both; checks cashed

04/23/07 - touch

04/27/07 - received Biometrics letter

05/16/07 - AOS transferred to CSC

05/21/07 - Biometrics

05/22/07 - touch AOS & EAD

06/03/07 - received email that AOS is pending at CSC

06/05/07 - touch on AOS

06/14/07 - touch on AOS

06/25/07 - EAD card production ordered!

06/25/07 - touch on AOS

06/26/07 - Green card approved & welcome notice sent!! :)

Timeline

Thanks guys! You all are the best! I am so happy to be able to do this on my own (with your help) you have no idea!!!!! I'm so glad I don't have to pay a lawyer!

Well, since we got the NOA2, I guess I will be driving everyone nuts with questions. I'm so nervous but things are really looking good for me on this end!!! My baby will be here with me soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I"m so excited!!!!!!

DO I HAVE TO GET EDGAR'S BIRTH CERTIFICATE TRANSLATED TO ENGLISH FOR HIS INTERVIEW??????? Please, I need the info on this!

Janet

March 15, 2007 - I-129F Sent

March 20, 2007 - NOA1 Received

March 23, 2007 - Touched, April 4, 2007 - Touched , April 5, 2007 - Touched

April 18, 2007 - RFE Email received (waiting for snailmail to see what it is they need)

April 23, 2007 - Received RFE in the mail, mailed out RFE to USCIS using express mail, will get there tomorrow (come on NOA2!)

April 25, 2007 - USCIS Received my RFE info and case has resumed processing

April 26, 2007 - Touched, April 27, 2007 - Touched, April 28, 2007 - TOUCHED AGAIN!

May 10, 2007 - NOA2 Email notification (It took 56 days)

May 16, 2007 - Received NOA2 Notice in snail mail

May 18, 2007 - Received Letter from NVC that they are sending our packet to Juarez Consulate this week

May 26, 2007 - Received Fiance Packet!!!!!!

June 5, 2007 - Medical

June 6, 2007 - Interview at Juarez - Visa Denied (Fiance admitted to smoking marijuana cigarette 6 months before the interview, labeled a 'DRUG ADDICT")

November 18, 2009: I sent an inquiry thru the Juarez website asking about our upcoming end to our ban, what to do etc.

December 14, 2009 - Received a reply from the consulate saying that they will forward a request to the immigration department to request a new appt

December 16, 2009 - Received an email from the consulate saying they are ready for my fiance to come for an open appt anytime

February 2, 2010 - Medical - Trip back to Psych far away in dirty office

February 3, 2010 - Pick up Medical Results

February 4, 2010 - Interview, given form 221(g) "Admin Review" and to come back in 6 months for another medical examination. #######.

Timeline

The only reason you'd need the BC translated is if it's in another language besides English or Spanish. Not sure about AOS though.

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Timeline

We didn't translate his birth certificate for the interview. We are translating it for AOS. I'm doing it myself and adding the following:

I certify that I am competent to translate from the Spanish to English and that the above Marriage Certificate/Birth Certificate is a correct and true translation to the best of my knowledge and belief.

I signed and dated it and added my contact information.

I also translated our marriage certificate myself and so far haven't had any problems.

Buena suerte y felicidades!

Timeline

Hello all.

Sorry that I haven't posted anything lately. I've been with my fiancee the past few weeks. We took a vacation to Argentina. It was great!!! We were flying out of Tucson, so we drove up from Hermosillo. I was a little worried at the border as they wouldn't let her in. We were questioned heavily and was ordered for a search. Luckily my fiancee had a letter from work stating that she was required to be back a work. Wheew! Worked like a charm. After the vacation, it was said to leave her behind.

BUT..... when I got home and sorted through my mail, I found a letter from the NVC saying that the documents were sent to CDJ. I then saw a big envelope from CDJ. We got the fiancee packet!!!!! I am so happy. Now I need to get off my butt and figure out what type of documentation I need to pull together.

We're thinking of going to CDJ the first week of July!!! Hopefully all goes well.

Marty

AOS

7/27/07: Mailed AOS package to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

7/29/07: Package was delivered to Chicago Lockbox (Day 1)

8/30/07: NOA1 received (I-485, I-765, I-131)(Day 33)

9/4/07: Checks Cleared (Day 38)

10/5/07: Biometrics (Day 69)

10/18/07: AP & EAD Approved (Day 82)

1/9/08: AOS Interview (Day 165)

1/9/08: RFE, need to provide I-693A (Day 165)

2/7/08: I-485 Approved (Day 194)

Timeline

Hey Marty

Glad to hear things are moving along for you two! BTW, you can download most everything you need (aside from the appointment letter itself) from the CDJ website.

Good luck!

Timeline
Hello all.

Sorry that I haven't posted anything lately. I've been with my fiancee the past few weeks. We took a vacation to Argentina. It was great!!! We were flying out of Tucson, so we drove up from Hermosillo. I was a little worried at the border as they wouldn't let her in. We were questioned heavily and was ordered for a search. Luckily my fiancee had a letter from work stating that she was required to be back a work. Wheew! Worked like a charm. After the vacation, it was said to leave her behind.

BUT..... when I got home and sorted through my mail, I found a letter from the NVC saying that the documents were sent to CDJ. I then saw a big envelope from CDJ. We got the fiancee packet!!!!! I am so happy. Now I need to get off my butt and figure out what type of documentation I need to pull together.

We're thinking of going to CDJ the first week of July!!! Hopefully all goes well.

Marty

felicidades!!!

Looks like Juarez is picking up the pace!

Timeline
Hello all.

Marty

WOW! The perfect ending of a wonderful vacation! Congratulations!

Timeline

question 36 on the DS156 asks if anyone has filed an immigrant petition for you. How do we answer this? I put yes with my name and I129-F but the more I think about it, the more I think that maybe it should be no. Maybe they're referring to in the past?

Can I white out on the form? Shold I generate a new one? Ahhhh!

Timeline
question 36 on the DS156 asks if anyone has filed an immigrant petition for you. How do we answer this? I put yes with my name and I129-F but the more I think about it, the more I think that maybe it should be no. Maybe they're referring to in the past?

Can I white out on the form? Shold I generate a new one? Ahhhh!

Referring to the past (check the example forms here). I would start over - doesn't matter how many you end up generating because nothing gets sent electronically to them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.