waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Here's a link explaining the new pilot program

http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=22200

Here is the last paragraph of the document.

USCIS has also taken steps to eliminate the current I-601 waiver backlog by proving the Cd. Juarez field

office with additional resources. Those immigrants that have pending I-601 waivers with the Cd. Juarez field

office will be notified via mail of their decision.

I wish we could find out what additional resources they are talking about, hopfully one day soon the backlog will

break loose.

Pat

Right - I posted that link. They have been talking about taking steps to eliminate the backlog for months. Last November they said they hired more people and brought in people from other offices. But as of now, 5 months later, there has been no reduction in wait times for those still waiting. Of course the hope is that they will do something dramatic, like the pilot program, to reduce the backlog but nothing has been announced yet and no reducton in wait times has been seen yet. So it seems to be just a waiting game.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
I just got off the phone with the Juarez Consulate and they said they recieved my petition on Monday....Woohoo We are almost there :D

dude, your time line if funny! very original compared to others...wohoooo!

12913.gif

ONOFRE

15262.gif

MARIA

----------------------------

3/26/07 I-129F Mailed to Nebraska Service Center

3/30/07 I-129F Fowared and recived in California SC.

4/03/07 First NOA mailed...(good start)

4/04/07 $170.00 check cashed :-(

4/05/07 Touched

6/21/07 DAMIT, TOUCH ME, SLAP ME, DO SOMETHING (DAY 82!)

6/27/07 Approved!!!!!!! (email of NOA2) Not even a touch?? Who cares now!

6/29/07 "Touched" hmmm...

7/15/07 Fiancee packet arrives (gathering documents for the trip)

10/16/07 Flight to El Paso, TX and on to Juarez for interview!!!!!!!!!!

10/18/07 VISA IN HAND!!!! WOHOOOOOOOO!

01/13/08 Point of entry for my fiancee

02/02/08 Married at City Hall

02/09/09 AOS package send Express Mail

02/10/09 AOS package received and signed.

02/17/09 NOA reciepts

02/23/09 NOA about March 3, 2009 Biometrics

02/28/09 FRE!!!! :(

03/06/09 Biometrics completed

03/30/09 Responded to RFE next day air to Lee's Summit, MO.

04/25/09 AP and EAD card arrives

07/10/09 Interview letter arrives for 8/19/09

08/09/09 AP letter used to re-enter the U.S.

08/19/09 Interview completed. Results in two weeks. ( I think we got it)

08/24/09 Letter in the mail stating Interview Approved. Welcome to the United States!

Timeline
I just got off the phone with the Juarez Consulate and they said they recieved my petition on Monday....Woohoo We are almost there :D

dude, your time line if funny! very original compared to others...wohoooo!

I agree, what a timeline! So many touches? Strange?

Has anyone ever heard of a I-129F application being turned down?

March 15, 2007 - I-129F Sent

March 20, 2007 - NOA1 Received

March 23, 2007 - Touched, April 4, 2007 - Touched , April 5, 2007 - Touched

April 18, 2007 - RFE Email received (waiting for snailmail to see what it is they need)

April 23, 2007 - Received RFE in the mail, mailed out RFE to USCIS using express mail, will get there tomorrow (come on NOA2!)

April 25, 2007 - USCIS Received my RFE info and case has resumed processing

April 26, 2007 - Touched, April 27, 2007 - Touched, April 28, 2007 - TOUCHED AGAIN!

May 10, 2007 - NOA2 Email notification (It took 56 days)

May 16, 2007 - Received NOA2 Notice in snail mail

May 18, 2007 - Received Letter from NVC that they are sending our packet to Juarez Consulate this week

May 26, 2007 - Received Fiance Packet!!!!!!

June 5, 2007 - Medical

June 6, 2007 - Interview at Juarez - Visa Denied (Fiance admitted to smoking marijuana cigarette 6 months before the interview, labeled a 'DRUG ADDICT")

November 18, 2009: I sent an inquiry thru the Juarez website asking about our upcoming end to our ban, what to do etc.

December 14, 2009 - Received a reply from the consulate saying that they will forward a request to the immigration department to request a new appt

December 16, 2009 - Received an email from the consulate saying they are ready for my fiance to come for an open appt anytime

February 2, 2010 - Medical - Trip back to Psych far away in dirty office

February 3, 2010 - Pick up Medical Results

February 4, 2010 - Interview, given form 221(g) "Admin Review" and to come back in 6 months for another medical examination. #######.

Timeline
Has anyone ever heard of a I-129F application being turned down?

Do you mean a petition denied? It happens if the petitioner is not a USC or if the couple has not met in the previous 2 years. Otherwise, there is no reason for denial at the petition level - it's just a request to allow the foreign fiance the priviledge of interviewing for a visa at their consulate. Denials are much more likely to happen at the consulate interview than the petition process.

Hi everybody,

This is my first time posting on this thread although I've sent a few frantic emails to several of you already asking for advice! Haha. My finance (another Edgar!) and I have bought our plane tickets to Juarez for May 21st, which only three weeks away! Of course, this means that panic mode has started to set in, for various reasons.

First, I've been living with "The Finance" since September of 2006 in Playa del Carmen. (we met in 2003 when I lived in Campeche, and dated for about 8 months until I moved back to the US. And the rest is history.) Because I've been in Mx for so long, I obviously don't have an American job or paystubs. (Although I do have a job here, with my Mx paystubs) So I'm a little freaked about the OF 167, because I know I don't have enough money to prove he won't be a public charge. My mom is willing to do the Affidavit of support thing, but I've hearing conflicting info: I don't need the form, I do need the form ...? I've got some money (like $5K) saved up, plus Edgar has about $1000 USD saved up in his HSBC account, but I know its nowhere near enough of what we need. And lastly, I own about 50 shares of stock that is worth a lot if I sell it, is that enough proof? Or do I actually have to sell the damn stock?

And I have another question: what is this about a 601 waiver or something? What exactly is this and why do they deny you?

Thanks for everyone's help, I sincerely appreciate it!

Monica

Our Story:

Jan 2003 moved to Campeche, met Edgar three weeks later

K-1

Dec 2006 filed I-129f

July 12 WE FINALLY GOT MARRIED!!

AOS/EAD/AP:

July 2007 sent in AOS paperwork

Dec 6 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!

ROC:

Sept 5th 2009 Applied for Removal of Conditions

Sept 14th NOA I-797C

Oct 7th Biometrics Appt

Timeline

Monica, you don't need a waiver unless Edgar overstayed a previous visa or entered the US illegally and was in the country for more than 180 days or has some other visa ineligibility.

It doesn't matter which form the consulate uses. You are still required to meet the minimum financial support requirements. The fact that you own stock probably isn't enough - they require three years of income taxes and paystubs. You do need a cosponsor and it would be easiest for her to use the I-134 since it's very clear.

Timeline

What exactly is the minimum income requirement? I'm only one person - or do I count Edgar too?

Can anyone give me a definite amount?

I also own a house, does that help?

March 15, 2007 - I-129F Sent

March 20, 2007 - NOA1 Received

March 23, 2007 - Touched, April 4, 2007 - Touched , April 5, 2007 - Touched

April 18, 2007 - RFE Email received (waiting for snailmail to see what it is they need)

April 23, 2007 - Received RFE in the mail, mailed out RFE to USCIS using express mail, will get there tomorrow (come on NOA2!)

April 25, 2007 - USCIS Received my RFE info and case has resumed processing

April 26, 2007 - Touched, April 27, 2007 - Touched, April 28, 2007 - TOUCHED AGAIN!

May 10, 2007 - NOA2 Email notification (It took 56 days)

May 16, 2007 - Received NOA2 Notice in snail mail

May 18, 2007 - Received Letter from NVC that they are sending our packet to Juarez Consulate this week

May 26, 2007 - Received Fiance Packet!!!!!!

June 5, 2007 - Medical

June 6, 2007 - Interview at Juarez - Visa Denied (Fiance admitted to smoking marijuana cigarette 6 months before the interview, labeled a 'DRUG ADDICT")

November 18, 2009: I sent an inquiry thru the Juarez website asking about our upcoming end to our ban, what to do etc.

December 14, 2009 - Received a reply from the consulate saying that they will forward a request to the immigration department to request a new appt

December 16, 2009 - Received an email from the consulate saying they are ready for my fiance to come for an open appt anytime

February 2, 2010 - Medical - Trip back to Psych far away in dirty office

February 3, 2010 - Pick up Medical Results

February 4, 2010 - Interview, given form 221(g) "Admin Review" and to come back in 6 months for another medical examination. #######.

Timeline
What exactly is the minimum income requirement? I'm only one person - or do I count Edgar too?

Can anyone give me a definite amount?

I also own a house, does that help?

Janet, see the 2007 poverty guidelines http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/hhspovguide07.pdf

You are required to prove you can support yourself and your fiance. Minimum for two people in 2007 is $13,690. The financial requirement information from Ciudad Juarez tells you exactly what is required:

http://usembassy.state.gov/CiudadJuarez/wwwfof167.pdf

PETITIONER’S / APPLICANT’S OWN FUNDS

The petitioner/applicant who expects to be able to meet the public charge provisions of the law through personal

financial resources may submit to the consular evidence of funds or income from one or more of the following

sources:

1. Statement from a senior officer of a bank showing present balance of petitioner’s / applicant’s account, date

account was opened, the number and amount of deposits and withdrawals during the past 12 months, and

the average balance during the year (if there have been recent unusually large deposits, an explanation

therefore should be given);

2. Proof of ownership of property or real state, in the form of a title, deed or the equivalent, and a letter from a

lawyer, banker or responsible real estate agent showing its present valuation (any mortgages or loans

against the property must be stated);

3. Letter or letters verifying ownership of stocks and bonds, with present market value or expected earnings

indicated;

4. Statement from insurance company showing policies held and present cash surrender value;

5. Proof of income from business investments or other sources

Timeline

My head is full of worries...as usual. I have a Certificate of Birth Abroad. I also only have one copy of it. I'm nervous about sending the original with my fiance. (I know it's still early in the process, but I'm just planning ahead). Can I just send a photo copy? Or a notarized copy?

Also, I asked this somewhere else, but I thought this would be a good place to ask. For evidence with my I-129F, I sent photos, letters from friends in US and mexico, and several toll receipts. Me and my fiance live in neighboring border towns. I'm worried about whether they will accept this as sufficient evidence or not because I also work in Mexico. I just didn't know what else to send. I've been reading alot about RFE's and primary and secondary evidence. Do you think this will be sufficient?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
My head is full of worries...as usual. I have a Certificate of Birth Abroad. I also only have one copy of it. I'm nervous about sending the original with my fiance. (I know it's still early in the process, but I'm just planning ahead). Can I just send a photo copy? Or a notarized copy?

Also, I asked this somewhere else, but I thought this would be a good place to ask. For evidence with my I-129F, I sent photos, letters from friends in US and mexico, and several toll receipts. Me and my fiance live in neighboring border towns. I'm worried about whether they will accept this as sufficient evidence or not because I also work in Mexico. I just didn't know what else to send. I've been reading alot about RFE's and primary and secondary evidence. Do you think this will be sufficient?

Your fiance will need his original birth certificate at the interview and just copy of yours. The above proof sounds okay to me. Just make sure you have many photos that are dated. Any email correspondence might help as well. Maybe proof that you guys live together.

Good Luck at your interview!

Allie

2/24/06: 129 mailed

3/01/06: NOA1

5/02/06: NOA2

5/18/06: CDJ Receives case

7/19/06: CDJ mails packet

8/02/06: Interview - Visa not recevied - put on AR "false hit" fingersprint check had to be done.

11/15/06: Called DHS to see if they had any info on my case - They advised security cleared in Oct. - now waiting for appt letter from CDJ for Visa Pickup. :)

11/27/06: recvd letter from CDJ - Appointment set for Jan 11, 2007

1/11/07: Visa received!!!!!

AOS:

3/26/07: AOS mailed

4/3/07: NOA1

4/23/07: Biometrics Appt

5/2/07: AOS transferred to CSC

5/21/07: Email from CSC stating AOS pending

6/12/07: EAD Card ordered (received email)

6/20/07: EAD Card received in mail

8/23/07: Card Production Ordered

8/30/07: Greencard received in mail

Lifting of Conditions:

5/26/09: I-751 mailed

6/1/09: NOA1

6/3/09: Check Cashed

7/7/09: Biometrics Appt

10/30/09: Approval Date

11/5/09: Received Notice in the mail

11/21/09: Greencard received in mail!

Naturalization:

8/12/10: N-400 Mailed

8/20/10: NOA1 (check cashed 8/24)

9/8/10: Early Biometrics. In and Out in 5 min!

9/22/10: Scheduled Biometrics Appt

11/4/10: Interview Appt - Passed!!!

01/27/11: Oath!!! Yippee!!

Will they accept a print out from my bank's website detailing all of my account information (i.e when it was opened, how much I have and when my deposits were made) or do they actually need an official letter from my bank on their letter-head confirming all of that information?

Additionally, I filed my 2005 and 2006 taxes with TurboTax, so the only way I can access those files is to print them off the TurboTax website - will they accept this?

Thanks

Our Story:

Jan 2003 moved to Campeche, met Edgar three weeks later

K-1

Dec 2006 filed I-129f

July 12 WE FINALLY GOT MARRIED!!

AOS/EAD/AP:

July 2007 sent in AOS paperwork

Dec 6 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!

ROC:

Sept 5th 2009 Applied for Removal of Conditions

Sept 14th NOA I-797C

Oct 7th Biometrics Appt

Timeline
Will they accept a print out from my bank's website detailing all of my account information (i.e when it was opened, how much I have and when my deposits were made) or do they actually need an official letter from my bank on their letter-head confirming all of that information?

Additionally, I filed my 2005 and 2006 taxes with TurboTax, so the only way I can access those files is to print them off the TurboTax website - will they accept this?

Thanks

Best to get a letter on bank letterhead as indicated in the instructions. If that's not possible, use a print out.

Request the last 3 years of your tax transcripts from the IRS - it's free.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks

Best to get a letter on bank letterhead as indicated in the instructions. If that's not possible, use a print out.

Request the last 3 years of your tax transcripts from the IRS - it's free.

where does it say that you need three years of tax returns?

Is that only for people who aren't sure about making the income requirements?

I'm looking at the I-134 paperwork and don't see it. I've got the bank letter, letter from my employer, 2 years of tax refunds, copy of the title to my condo..... that's not enough???

Timeline

I'm looking at the I-134 paperwork and don't see it. I've got the bank letter, letter from my employer, 2 years of tax refunds, copy of the title to my condo..... that's not enough???

You should be fine especially if you are including 07 taxes - 3 years is not a requirements, more like a precaution.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You should be fine especially if you are including 07 taxes - 3 years is not a requirements, more like a precaution.

kitkat, you are so wise :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.