waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

So when the fellow goes for his medical...I woudn't be surprised if they send him to the psychiatrist because of his tattoos and because he drinks (not heavily, but we're rocking out in several of the pictures that I'll submit as evidence, so I'm not going to tell him to say no).

So what happens when they send them to the psychiatrist?

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Gosh our file has been touched 3 times now, I hope we are close to our approval, I CANNOT WAIT to hear something!

Edgar and I are preparing for Juarez, getting money together for the medical and hotel etc etc..... fees......

I hope to have Edgar here with me by June - I am so excited I just pray the interview goes well. I'm sure it will, we know each other so well.

I was fixin to get all excited because I'm right behind you, but then I noticed that you are VSC. I am excited for you anyhow!!!!!!!

Timeline

What is the fee for AOS? Is it expensive? I haven't even thought that far ahead, still awaiting my NOA2 - please say a prayer!

March 15, 2007 - I-129F Sent

March 20, 2007 - NOA1 Received

March 23, 2007 - Touched, April 4, 2007 - Touched , April 5, 2007 - Touched

April 18, 2007 - RFE Email received (waiting for snailmail to see what it is they need)

April 23, 2007 - Received RFE in the mail, mailed out RFE to USCIS using express mail, will get there tomorrow (come on NOA2!)

April 25, 2007 - USCIS Received my RFE info and case has resumed processing

April 26, 2007 - Touched, April 27, 2007 - Touched, April 28, 2007 - TOUCHED AGAIN!

May 10, 2007 - NOA2 Email notification (It took 56 days)

May 16, 2007 - Received NOA2 Notice in snail mail

May 18, 2007 - Received Letter from NVC that they are sending our packet to Juarez Consulate this week

May 26, 2007 - Received Fiance Packet!!!!!!

June 5, 2007 - Medical

June 6, 2007 - Interview at Juarez - Visa Denied (Fiance admitted to smoking marijuana cigarette 6 months before the interview, labeled a 'DRUG ADDICT")

November 18, 2009: I sent an inquiry thru the Juarez website asking about our upcoming end to our ban, what to do etc.

December 14, 2009 - Received a reply from the consulate saying that they will forward a request to the immigration department to request a new appt

December 16, 2009 - Received an email from the consulate saying they are ready for my fiance to come for an open appt anytime

February 2, 2010 - Medical - Trip back to Psych far away in dirty office

February 3, 2010 - Pick up Medical Results

February 4, 2010 - Interview, given form 221(g) "Admin Review" and to come back in 6 months for another medical examination. #######.

Timeline
What is the fee for AOS? Is it expensive? I haven't even thought that far ahead, still awaiting my NOA2 - please say a prayer!

Right now it is $325, but the proposed fee is $905. Here is the link.

http://www.visajourney.com/news/2007/01/31...-k-3-up-to-920/

Timeline

I've heard a couple of different dates re the fee increases...anyone have an idea? I've heard June, July, and October.

I'm getting sick to my stomach thinking about all of the things that could go wrong at the interview.

Timeline
I've heard a couple of different dates re the fee increases...anyone have an idea? I've heard June, July, and October.

I'm getting sick to my stomach thinking about all of the things that could go wrong at the interview.

This particular article says 2008. The fees make me nervous! But I understand what you mean about the interview. I don't even have a NOA2 and I'm already stressing about AOS fees...lol. I have so many worries. Neither me nor my fiance is really bilingual. We communicate fine, but in an interview?.....I don't know.

Are there only 3 of us left here for CDJ?

Timeline

Spanglish is a perfecty acceptable language when you're in a relationship! It seems they do the interviews in Juarez in Spanish...but are you asking about AOS or Juarez?

Nope there are some more people around, but it seems that this thread was much more active a couple of months ago.

Those I know that are in various stages before the interview: me, you, Janet, TijuanaHilton, Alcatrazk (although his fiancee might very well be on the way to Juarez)...and I think a few more.

My current freak out involves: his nervousness under duress (I had to be the pushy one when deaing with authority, he'd admit to things he's never even done if questioned), his tatoos and the possibility of a psych visit during the medical.

And I'm a high strung person under the best of circumstances. Well, I guess if we're denied I'll move back down there.

Timeline
Spanglish is a perfecty acceptable language when you're in a relationship! It seems they do the interviews in Juarez in Spanish...but are you asking about AOS or Juarez?

Nope there are some more people around, but it seems that this thread was much more active a couple of months ago.

Those I know that are in various stages before the interview: me, you, Janet, TijuanaHilton, Alcatrazk (although his fiancee might very well be on the way to Juarez)...and I think a few more.

My current freak out involves: his nervousness under duress (I had to be the pushy one when deaing with authority, he'd admit to things he's never even done if questioned), his tatoos and the possibility of a psych visit during the medical.

And I'm a high strung person under the best of circumstances. Well, I guess if we're denied I'll move back down there.

I am nervous too. After reading Heinas story, I told him that under no circumstance was he to admit to ever doing drugs. We are not drug users, but we are all kids once. We aren't alcoholics either, but many of our pics are of us in a bar. sigh... :( I guess I wasn't thinking. I can only think to bring a camera when it is a celebration!

I don't know if I've ever been under so much stress! The fact that our whole future rests in some strangers opinion of us is frustrating. I worry what if the CO is having a bad day? What if the CO just got divorced? What if they didn't get the raise they wanted? I mean, really.... that person will decide our fate....it's kinda not fair. Maybe I worry too much, but I read everyone's stories and my heart sinks for them. Is there some kind of data that shows how many petitions get denied and for what reasons?

Yes, I was referring to the AOS interview. Where do they do the AOS interviews? Will that be done at my local consulate? I live on a border town, so if it's done here, it may not be so bad.

Timeline

Yep, I've got the same concerns you do...and I'm only working myself up more. I guess if they're going to give us a denial because of una mamada, despite seven years together, then so be it.

I think about all of the bazillion things that could go wrong, and I think that if any one of them results in bad news, that it was meant to be. And I'l figure out a way to move back there and we'll work it out.

Yep, the AOS is done at your local CIS office. In most cases, it sounds wiser to bring a third party interpreter, but on the border, I'm not sure.

Timeline
Yep, I've got the same concerns you do...and I'm only working myself up more. I guess if they're going to give us a denial because of una mamada, despite seven years together, then so be it.

I think about all of the bazillion things that could go wrong, and I think that if any one of them results in bad news, that it was meant to be. And I'l figure out a way to move back there and we'll work it out.

Yep, the AOS is done at your local CIS office. In most cases, it sounds wiser to bring a third party interpreter, but on the border, I'm not sure.

You are bilingual though...right? I know you teach English. (I read the whole thread...seriously!..lol) So how did ya'll meet? Where in Mexico is your fiance? I see alot of January filers are starting to get their NOA2's and you are from VSC so you will probably be hearing something soon.

I'm worried about the sillier things too. For instance, I don't want to go to the interview because I don't want to risk them asking him to bring me in (because of the language thing.) So I worry about how we will meet up. El Paso is only 8 hours from Del Rio (where I live) but driving in Mexico, it's 24 hours from Acuna to Juarez. (Acuna and Del Rio are right across the border from each other. Mexico is weird sometimes.) I know we need at least two days in Juarez and I don't want to take that many days off of work (counting the 24 hour drive). He has a sister in El Paso who also has a few houses in Juarez (no hotel fee??). I think I will send him to Juarez by camion (his suggestion) and somehow meet up with him in El Paso.....but I'm worried about it anyhow. See, I'm way ahead of myself...lol

Timeline

Oh wow!!! I just read your timeline! You're there!!!! I had only looked at your signature. Good luck!!!!!!!! I wish you all the best. I think it will go fine. You already have your approval. I think that might be harder than getting through the interview. How is your fiance holding up?

Timeline

We met in his village in Yucatan when I showed up there to do field work for my undegrad thesis. His sister found me sitting confused in the park and brought me home with her, and I stay there for 6 months. Then moved to Cancun with him for amost five years.

He's scared, but about different things I am. Like the layover in Mexico City. And the whole United States thing. And leaving his family. So I guess his fears are bigger than mine!

Timeline

Oh, so you are accustomed to living in Mexico already. I am in Mexico everyday because I work there. But even so, it's difficult for our relationship. I can't just spend all of my time with him in Mexico because I have family to take care of too (kids, father). Plus my work schedule has changed so I don't get to spend as much time with him as I used to.

So you have known him for quite a while. I know I ask a lot of questions. I'm sorry. I am just amazed that so many people marry internationally. I do not know anyone else who has and I was shocked to see that there is literally thousands of us. Kinda neat though.

Timeline

Oohh...yours is an interesting twist on the Mexico/US stories I've heard. So Acuna is Del Rio's sister town?

No prob about the questions! It is amazing how many people are familiar with family-based petitions, especially the K1. I'm most familiar with relationships with Mexicans, since there were so many in Cancun. But in the few months I've been working at a new job, I work with (at sister nonprofits, not the same office) a woman who is married to a man from Senegal and another who was born in Russia and petitioned for her now-husband who is from Cape Verde.

Timeline

An interesting twist??????

Yes, Acuna and Del Rio border each other.

Wow, I guess I've been a little sheltered. I honestly didn't so many people do this. Maybe some military people. I guess now with the internet, it's so easy to meet people from all over the world. One engineer that works with me married one of the girls at the plant, but she had a tourist visa. They only had to file AOS and it only took about 2 months for her to receive her card. I've read some stuff on here about it taking 6 months! They were married one year in February, so it hasn't been that long since they filed. I guess nothing about nothing in this process really makes sense. I'm envious of you though using VSC!!!!!! I think it would be easier if everything went rapidly like it does for VSC filers because you don't have as much time to sit and think about the what-ifs (unless you are a worry wart like yourself!!...lol)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.