waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
I-601 waiver is granted to waive a ban on entry due to hardship that it would impose on a USC. A lot of people get three or ten year bans for illegal presence or "crimes involving moral turpitude" (what ever that means) and his/her spouse files a waiver along with a letter and supporting evidence explaining that it would cause extreme hardship to the USC to A) leave the country for X years, or B) live without his/her spouse for the length of the ban. If the waiver is approved, the one with the ban gets to come to the US.

What do the first and second NOAs mean? When they send the second, does it mean your visa approved? Approved pending interview results? Judging from your timelines, it looks like it comes just about at the end of the road. Congratulations, Mfarmer.

EDIT: I don`t know why therer`s a happy face in the part about living without your spouse- I didn`t put it there, I swear! Anyway, now I`m in edit and I don`t see it, so I guess it just has to stay. Sorry, Lupita.

Happy faces show up with a close paren and the letter B - you need to remove the close paren to make it go away

NOA1 = Notice of Action

NOA2 = Notice of Action/Approval

These refer to the initial I-129 Petition only. It means USCIS has approved the USC's request to allow the foreign fiance to interview at the US consulate in their country for a fiance visa. What happens at the actual interview is totally separate and depends on the potential ineligibilities that you posted above, medical results, administrative processing, FBI results, etc.

Timeline

Gosh our file has been touched 3 times now, I hope we are close to our approval, I CANNOT WAIT to hear something!

Edgar and I are preparing for Juarez, getting money together for the medical and hotel etc etc..... fees......

I hope to have Edgar here with me by June - I am so excited I just pray the interview goes well. I'm sure it will, we know each other so well.

March 15, 2007 - I-129F Sent

March 20, 2007 - NOA1 Received

March 23, 2007 - Touched, April 4, 2007 - Touched , April 5, 2007 - Touched

April 18, 2007 - RFE Email received (waiting for snailmail to see what it is they need)

April 23, 2007 - Received RFE in the mail, mailed out RFE to USCIS using express mail, will get there tomorrow (come on NOA2!)

April 25, 2007 - USCIS Received my RFE info and case has resumed processing

April 26, 2007 - Touched, April 27, 2007 - Touched, April 28, 2007 - TOUCHED AGAIN!

May 10, 2007 - NOA2 Email notification (It took 56 days)

May 16, 2007 - Received NOA2 Notice in snail mail

May 18, 2007 - Received Letter from NVC that they are sending our packet to Juarez Consulate this week

May 26, 2007 - Received Fiance Packet!!!!!!

June 5, 2007 - Medical

June 6, 2007 - Interview at Juarez - Visa Denied (Fiance admitted to smoking marijuana cigarette 6 months before the interview, labeled a 'DRUG ADDICT")

November 18, 2009: I sent an inquiry thru the Juarez website asking about our upcoming end to our ban, what to do etc.

December 14, 2009 - Received a reply from the consulate saying that they will forward a request to the immigration department to request a new appt

December 16, 2009 - Received an email from the consulate saying they are ready for my fiance to come for an open appt anytime

February 2, 2010 - Medical - Trip back to Psych far away in dirty office

February 3, 2010 - Pick up Medical Results

February 4, 2010 - Interview, given form 221(g) "Admin Review" and to come back in 6 months for another medical examination. #######.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

This thread has been very helpful! Thanks everyone!

Guillermo has his interview for the K-3 on May 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, I sent him most of the documents (except the appointment letter and some other docs such as pay stubs, joint tax returns that I was going to send mid-April). I also sent a photo album with photos of our entire relationship. I send it via USPS airmail on March 17th and it should have arrived in 5-7 days. IT HASN'T ARRIVED YET!!!!!!!!! It's hecka slow. I've used this service a few times without any problems.

So, I have copies of most documents, except the rental agreement of the apartmenta we rented over the past few summers and plane ticket stubs from all the trips. I think I can reprint some of my itineraries from Cheaptickets and Travelocity and perhaps some are still saved in my email. I have extra copies of the photos as well. I'm willing to send my passport (a letter asking them to return it) if I can't get another birth certificate in time. I have proof of mailing the package and just filed an inquiry with the USPS about the missing package. This time I will send it via DHL, and I've seen these vans all over Oaxaca where he lives. Hopefully all will be OK.

I'm worried that we won't have all of our evidence. Of course, I'm a planner and want to be well-prepared. What do you all think??????????

Timeline
I'm willing to send my passport (a letter asking them to return it) if I can't get another birth certificate in time.

Do NOT send your passport. There is no reason for them to need it. You can send a copy along with a copy of your birth certificate if need be, but never never never send your passport anywhere. You shouldn't ever let it out of your hands aside from the rare instance of needing to leave it with a hotel clerk upon check-in in Europe. Good luck

Timeline
Thanks KK and Waiting. Initially I was so nervous about our age difference, but here on VJ I have seen many men that have even larger age differences getting approved. I feel much better, and I do know that age really is a number. WE are so compatible and in love that I no longer even think about it. :)

Hi! I am new to vj and my fiance is in Mexico also. I was interested to see the age difference because I am 36 and my fiance will be 28 in 6 months. I was worried that our age difference would cause suspicion and send up a red flag. whew! That's a big weight off of my shoulders!

Timeline

I have officially finished reading every page of the CDJ forum! It took me the greater part of the day. I feel like I know each and every one you personally and for a very long time.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
I have officially finished reading every page of the CDJ forum! It took me the greater part of the day. I feel like I know each and every one you personally and for a very long time.

Good grief! In one day!?! Your eyes probably won`t get back into focus for a week!

Timeline

Good grief! In one day!?! Your eyes probably won`t get back into focus for a week!

Yeah, in one day. But once I started, I couldn't stop! The suspence was driving me crazy. I had to know what happened in everyone's case. LOL

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Wow! All in one day! Your last comment made me giggle! I've read my fair share of this thread, but haven't made it through all of it.

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Timeline
welcome to the journey vismaster i hope the best for you and your fiance.

Thank you so much! It's comforting to know that so many people have already been through this crazy process.

Timeline
Wow! All in one day! Your last comment made me giggle! I've read my fair share of this thread, but haven't made it through all of it.

No kidding? You haven't read it? I learned so much from everyone. I actually felt like I was right there as they went through everything. It was actually difficult not to reply to the posts. I had to keep reminding myself of the dates and that everyone was already beyond what I was reading. I understand why they call this visajourney because it is indeed a journey. I was especially interested in Heinas case. That could easily happen to anyone and I will be sure to explain that to my Adolfo (my fiance). My heart sank with each person that didn't receive their visa. So much of this process is so unfair.

On another note: I had no idea so many people married internationally! Seeing all of the petitions that are going through every month just on vj and knowing that we are probably just a fraction of how many actually going through amazes me! I had never heard of a fiance visa before until a few months ago and that was just from doing immigration searches on the internet. I just kinda accidently stumbled across it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On another note: I had no idea so many people married internationally! Seeing all of the petitions that are going through every month just on vj and knowing that we are probably just a fraction of how many actually going through amazes me! I had never heard of a fiance visa before until a few months ago and that was just from doing immigration searches on the internet. I just kinda accidently stumbled across it.

No kidding! I was in the same boat, except I found out too late. Who woulda thought- Fiance visas??? I used to work with a German who had come here that way. He told me about it a short time before our wedding, but the ball was already rolling and I didn`t want to stop it. It would have saved us an awful lot of trouble if I had heard of it earlier. I`m glad you heard about it in time to do things the "easy way".

Timeline

No kidding! I was in the same boat, except I found out too late. Who woulda thought- Fiance visas??? I used to work with a German who had come here that way. He told me about it a short time before our wedding, but the ball was already rolling and I didn`t want to stop it. It would have saved us an awful lot of trouble if I had heard of it earlier. I`m glad you heard about it in time to do things the "easy way".

Yeah, the only visa that I knew about was a tourist visa and that is difficult to get because of his age. I'm glad I stumbled across it, although it's not necessarily easy, but it is the best choice. What kind of visa are you getting? Is it like a K-3?

Timeline

Have any of you seen the proposed new fees in the article under the NEWS tab? Good grief! I'm glad I already filed. I'm hoping that everything goes smoothly and we can file AOS before thye new year. I honestly don't think I can afford the new fee even if I start saving now. I still have alot of expenses to get through for the K-1!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.