waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Congratulations Ququis and Gabacha!

Dang! Looks like you just missed it, Louisa! Unless there`s another Inlimbo, she`s already on I2US. My wife and I had to file I-601 last year and just went back for pick-up, but it looks like there aren`t nearly as many waivers here as on I2US.

Does anyone know if the pilot is for I-212s also?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

No there really aren't many people over here needing waivers. I wish there were because my computer at home is to slow for the immigrate2us site. Sometimes I log on at work really quick but that is the only time I can get on there.

I'm not sure about the I-212.

June 13, 2006: I-129F Sent

June 27, 2006: NOA1

Sep 13, 2006: Touched

Sep 15, 2006: RFE Sent from CSC to my attorny

Sep 29, 2006: RFE Recieved by me

Sep 30, 2006: RFE Sent back to CSC

Oct 4, 2006: RFE Received by CSC

Oct 7, 2006: Touched

Oct 17, 2006 NOA2

Oct , 2006 NVC Received papers

Nov 3, 2006 NVC Forwarded papers to Juarez

Nov 17, 2006 CDJ mailed Packet

Dec 2, 2006 I received Packet in the mail today

Feb 6, 2007 Medical at CDJ

Feb 7, 2007 Waited for DHL to deliver pictures since he forgot to bring them

Feb 8, 2007 Interview (Was approved to file waiver)

Feb 22, 2007 Filed Waiver at CDJ

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I2US is pretty slow...just about drives me crazy.

Just called the NVC and they sent the petition to Juarez today!!!!

Edgar actually believes it's happening now. I did finally tell him the truth about the prostate check at the medical exam.

How long does this leg usually take?

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Timeline
I did finally tell him the truth about the prostate check at the medical exam.

??????????????????????????????

Kidding, right?

In terms of timing, once the petition is received in CJD, the fiance packet is usually mailed out to both the petitioner in the US and the beneficiary in Mexico within 4 weeks. Once received and you have the official letter "inviting" him to an interview and all of the other papers ready, you can schedule your trip there. Medical is done one day before and you will go back to the medical clinic to pick up the results the same day to take to the interview the next day. You will also pay the visa fee at Banamex that day if you haven't previously done it. Then, next day, off to the interview.

Good luck!

Edited by kitkat1

Timeline

I was thinking the prostate comment might look weird if you didn't remember the discussion about it before.

I had told him that the medical consisted of a COMPLETE check, and he told me that he'd do just fine staying in Mexico, thank you very much.

I am excited, but will have to wait until June to go! The expiration date on my NOA2 is 7/7/07.

Oh, btw, I was only kidding when I told him that, but he took it awfully seriously. Yes, horrible, I know.

Timeline
I was thinking the prostate comment might look weird if you didn't remember the discussion about it before.

I had told him that the medical consisted of a COMPLETE check, and he told me that he'd do just fine staying in Mexico, thank you very much.

I am excited, but will have to wait until June to go! The expiration date on my NOA2 is 7/7/07.

Oh, btw, I was only kidding when I told him that, but he took it awfully seriously. Yes, horrible, I know.

You are MEAN!!! Since I'm here in Mexico, I asked my fiance if they did a prostate exam - I remembered that he said he had to be totally naked but I didn't remember hearing anything like that!

I hope you can find a way to go sooner and bring your honey home! (It would be good for him to experience some nice weather before he realizes that his sweatshirt isn't going to suffice for US winters on the East Coast!!!) :)

Timeline

I read that they DO do a whole medical exam....gynecological, etc. In fact, I just scared someone else about it. I told Marco he'd be sitting there nude while some hot doctor examined his tattoos :)

Of course, since I don't even have a NOA2 yet I guess we're getting a little ahead of ourselves.

felicidades again gabacha :)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

You are MEAN!!! Since I'm here in Mexico, I asked my fiance if they did a prostate exam - I remembered that he said he had to be totally naked but I didn't remember hearing anything like that!

I hope you can find a way to go sooner and bring your honey home! (It would be good for him to experience some nice weather before he realizes that his sweatshirt isn't going to suffice for US winters on the East Coast!!!) :)

Thanks for adding to my huge smile...KK...Take care!!!!

Timeline
I read that they DO do a whole medical exam....gynecological, etc. In fact, I just scared someone else about it. I told Marco he'd be sitting there nude while some hot doctor examined his tattoos :)

Of course, since I don't even have a NOA2 yet I guess we're getting a little ahead of ourselves.

felicidades again gabacha :)

As far as I know, there is NO complete gynecological exam - that would be strange, wouldn't it? I think they ask women a few questions, but nothing more. (None of the women here have posted anything about gyn. exams!) They do look at tattoos and ask a bunch of questions but that's about it. Don't scare your men meanie girls!!! Hee hee :luv:

Timeline

I'm sure he would have told you if that was part of the exam, kitkat! Perhaps through tears!

Yeah he is worried about the cold, but it looks like we'll have August and September in RI.

TijuanaHilton...if he does have to get naked while a hot doctor checks his tats, just tell him, "Think of grandma, think of grandma." He should be all set.

I just hope that I have enough time and $ to take him through my favorite parts of the country, Arizona and New Mexico.

Timeline

We're past the 2 month mark. And after obsessive searching, it seems like CSC is averaging between 75 and 85 days. I can't waittttttttttttt!!!!!!!

I'm sure I don't know how all of you guys did it.

The funny thing is is that I'm going to Mexico over spring break, and I KNOW the second I get on the plane my NOA2 will show up :S

Timeline
We're past the 2 month mark. And after obsessive searching, it seems like CSC is averaging between 75 and 85 days. I can't waittttttttttttt!!!!!!!

The funny thing is is that I'm going to Mexico over spring break, and I KNOW the second I get on the plane my NOA2 will show up :S

That would be nice. Maybe when you get back not only will you have your NOA2 but the NVC will have received your papers!! Wouldn't that be nice to come back to :yes: Hope you have a great visit

June 13, 2006: I-129F Sent

June 27, 2006: NOA1

Sep 13, 2006: Touched

Sep 15, 2006: RFE Sent from CSC to my attorny

Sep 29, 2006: RFE Recieved by me

Sep 30, 2006: RFE Sent back to CSC

Oct 4, 2006: RFE Received by CSC

Oct 7, 2006: Touched

Oct 17, 2006 NOA2

Oct , 2006 NVC Received papers

Nov 3, 2006 NVC Forwarded papers to Juarez

Nov 17, 2006 CDJ mailed Packet

Dec 2, 2006 I received Packet in the mail today

Feb 6, 2007 Medical at CDJ

Feb 7, 2007 Waited for DHL to deliver pictures since he forgot to bring them

Feb 8, 2007 Interview (Was approved to file waiver)

Feb 22, 2007 Filed Waiver at CDJ

Timeline

That would be nice. Maybe when you get back not only will you have your NOA2 but the NVC will have received your papers!! Wouldn't that be nice to come back to :yes: Hope you have a great visit

OK I JUST SENT MY I-129F! YIPPEEE!!

NOW WHAT DO I DO? LOL

I KNOW I WILL GET NOA1 SOON, GUESS I DON'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING FOR THAT RIGHT?

WHEN I GET NOA2, DOES THAT MEAN HE CAN GO RIGHT FOR THE INTERVIEW? SHOULD I START PREPARING HIS VISA APPLICATION AND ALL THAT STUFF BETWEEN THE NOA1 AND NOA2?

GOSH, I'M TIRED, I SPEND 6 HOURS TODAY WORKING ON THAT I-129F PACKET!

March 15, 2007 - I-129F Sent

March 20, 2007 - NOA1 Received

March 23, 2007 - Touched, April 4, 2007 - Touched , April 5, 2007 - Touched

April 18, 2007 - RFE Email received (waiting for snailmail to see what it is they need)

April 23, 2007 - Received RFE in the mail, mailed out RFE to USCIS using express mail, will get there tomorrow (come on NOA2!)

April 25, 2007 - USCIS Received my RFE info and case has resumed processing

April 26, 2007 - Touched, April 27, 2007 - Touched, April 28, 2007 - TOUCHED AGAIN!

May 10, 2007 - NOA2 Email notification (It took 56 days)

May 16, 2007 - Received NOA2 Notice in snail mail

May 18, 2007 - Received Letter from NVC that they are sending our packet to Juarez Consulate this week

May 26, 2007 - Received Fiance Packet!!!!!!

June 5, 2007 - Medical

June 6, 2007 - Interview at Juarez - Visa Denied (Fiance admitted to smoking marijuana cigarette 6 months before the interview, labeled a 'DRUG ADDICT")

November 18, 2009: I sent an inquiry thru the Juarez website asking about our upcoming end to our ban, what to do etc.

December 14, 2009 - Received a reply from the consulate saying that they will forward a request to the immigration department to request a new appt

December 16, 2009 - Received an email from the consulate saying they are ready for my fiance to come for an open appt anytime

February 2, 2010 - Medical - Trip back to Psych far away in dirty office

February 3, 2010 - Pick up Medical Results

February 4, 2010 - Interview, given form 221(g) "Admin Review" and to come back in 6 months for another medical examination. #######.

Timeline

anyone who gets to file in vermont is sooooooooooooooooooooo lucky.

Though I guess living at the beach is lucky too in the long run.

And Luisa, I guess you're right, I'll have something to look forward to by the time I get home. I'd REALLY REALLY like to be able to get him here mid summer during Spring break.

keeping my fingers crossed for everyone in que.... (cue?)

P.S. Janet....If you read the old posts here, and go into guides, you'll see that there's pretty much step by step instructions for everything that you need to do from this point on.

Timeline
WHEN I GET NOA2, DOES THAT MEAN HE CAN GO RIGHT FOR THE INTERVIEW? SHOULD I START PREPARING HIS VISA APPLICATION AND ALL THAT STUFF BETWEEN

You can start preparing all of the forms that are on the CDJ website in the fiance packet. He cannot go to his interview until one of you has received the official appointment letter - you should plan on at least one month from the date the file is sent from the NVC to CDJ to receive it. Once you have it, he can go to his medical appointment the next day, to his interview.

Like tijuanahilton said, read through the thread and you'll find more information on the next steps but you can also get all the information directly from the CDJ site. Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.