waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I will and thank you again.....I have to go to work now but I'll be on tomorrow to say Adios! :) Atleast out of the whole mess I'll be able to see my hunny!

2010-02-08 Filed I-130 through Ca. Service center

2010-13-08 NOA 1 Received

2010-02-11 I-130 transferred to Tx. Service Center

2010-24-11 Notified by email TSC has received our petition and has begun processing it

Timeline
Thanks again KitKat!

Do we submit the DS-156 or the DS-156K or both?

~Chris

Both - DS-156 is a general visa application for ALL visa types and must be done online with a barcode generated (no information regarding this in the Fiance Packet); DS-156k (supplement) is for Fiance Visas specifically.

Timeline

Hi All!

Just received word today that our application was sent to Juarez on 12/6.

It'll be a complete miracle if we can go for the interview around Christmas time! But... not impossible.

Good luck everyone!

Danielle

February - March 2002 we met in Mexico

August 2002 - we are an 'official' couple

Many visits back to Mexico over 4years!

June 2006 - Officially Engaged!

August 28, 2006 I-129F mailed to Nebraska

August 30, 2006 received in Nebraska

September 7, 2006 NOA1 Notice Date

September 11, 2006 NOA1 received in snail mail

September 12, 2006 Touched (most likely to add Receipt Number to system)

September 13, 2006 Touched

September 14, 2006 Touched AGAIN!!! (what's up with this?)

Novemberr 13, 2006 NOA2 (77 DAYS!) YEEEE HAAAAA!!!!

December 6, 2006 Received Notice that everything was sent to Juarez

January 26, 2007 Juarez sends out packet

February 3, 2007 received packet from Juarez

February 6, 2007 going to medical & interview in Juarez!

February 6, 2007 RECEIVED VISA!!!

February 9, 2007 FLIGHT TO US!!!

Timeline
Hi All!

Just received word today that our application was sent to Juarez on 12/6.

It'll be a complete miracle if we can go for the interview around Christmas time! But... not impossible.

Good luck everyone!

Danielle

Congrats! It takes about a week or so for CDJ to process the paperwork and another 4 weeks to receive the fiance packet. But you can email them to see if they are ready for you to come to the interview. If they are, you can get the appt letter at the info booth and the forms off the website. Make sure you keep in mind that the consulate tends to close for more days than listed on the site around holidays.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello!

Jamie, I hope Oliverio gets his passport soon. The ID is really necesary (cred de elector) if he has it, the passport only takes 5 hrs to get it.

I just got mine and it took 2 days because it was lost, so I had to fill a special form, get it sealed by a federal instance, provide more documentation, such as college degree, certificates, etc. but they were fast anyway.. good luck! Im sure u will be in Juarez soon wir Passports!

GUYS, WHATS THE E MAIL TO KNOW IF JUAREZ IS READY FOR US??

UN BESO

familytogether.gif

K1 HOLDER

AOS 1 APR 2007 .................................. DENIED

AOS 2 DEC 2007.................................. DENIED

WAIVER MAY 2008............................... DENIED

MOTION TO REOPEN JULY 2008............. GRANTED

AOS JUNE 2009 ................................... GRANTED!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

Congrates Danielle! You have very little time to go before this part of your journey is over! Aren't you excited? :P

Thanks for the info Brenda! I'm sure everything will finally work out! God just likes to see me jump thorugh some extra hopes every once in a while hehe

2010-02-08 Filed I-130 through Ca. Service center

2010-13-08 NOA 1 Received

2010-02-11 I-130 transferred to Tx. Service Center

2010-24-11 Notified by email TSC has received our petition and has begun processing it

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good luck Waiting! :thumbs: I hope Oliverio gets his passport on time!

Jessraul, congratulations on getting the packet! :dance:

luvinmb, I hope you get the packet before you leave on the 21st :thumbs:

Danielle, we are planning to go to CDJ right after Christmas, maybe we'll be there at the same time :)

May 1996: Met in Mexico
K1
March 7th, 2006: Sent 129F to NSC
March 9th, 2006: NOA1 Day 1
June 15th, 2006: Notice of transfer to CSC
October 3rd, 2006: IMBRA RFE e-mail
October 17th, 2006 CSC e-mail confirming RFE receipt.
October 18th, 2006: NOA2!!!!!!!! 224 days!
October 25th, 2006: NVC received file
November 10th, 2006: Received Packet from CDJ
January 5th, 2007: Visa approved!!!! 302 days!
February 16th, 2007: Civil Ceremony
AOS
February 21st, 2007: Mailed AOS, EAD & AP to Chicago
March 1st, 2007: NOA1 - Day 1
March 26th, 2007: I-485 transferred to CSC - Day 25
March 30th, 2007: Biometrics appointment - Day 29
April 14th, 2007: Big Wedding!!!!
May 8th, 2007: AP Approved - Day 68
May 10th, 2007: EAD Approved- Day 70
September 20th, 2007: SECOND Biometrics appointment - Day 203
December 4th, 2007: AOS approved!!!! 278 days!
December 10th, 2007: Received GC - Day 284
Removal of Conditions
August 31st, 2009: Mailed I-751 to CSC
September 2nd, 2009: NOA1 - Day 1
October 15th, 2009: Biometrics appointment - Day 44
October 26th, 2009: 10 year GC approved!! - Day 55
October 31st, 2009: Received GC - Day 60

NATURALIZATION

May 7th, 2013: Mailed N-400

May 9th, 2013: NOA1 - Day 1

June 10th, 2013: Biometrics Appointment - Day 33

September 5th, 2013: Interview - Day

September 27th, 2013: Oath Ceremony- Day

Timeline
Good luck Waiting! :thumbs: I hope Oliverio gets his passport on time!

Jessraul, congratulations on getting the packet! :dance:

luvinmb, I hope you get the packet before you leave on the 21st :thumbs:

Danielle, we are planning to go to CDJ right after Christmas, maybe we'll be there at the same time :)

I hope to receive my packet prior to the 21st also. They sent me an email on the 30th telling me that I should receive my packet within two weeks. That means I should receive it by Friday. But, who knows with Juarez.......

I had a preplanned trip to Mexico leaving December 21st and returning January 9th. We were hoping with the quick approval to have our interview during this visit. I was shooting for medical on the 26th and interview on 27th....... I emailed and called both the medical exam offices and consulate about these dates and they assured me they are open. But, as we know Juarez has many different answers. So I guess we have no choice but to go by faith on that.......

I have not booked our flight and hotel yet, as i am waiting on the packet. How confident do you feel on the whole information window thing???

I just worry that they will tell me that my packet has been sent and everything. And then I book expensive flights and hotel only to find out that the information window people will not give me the letter.....

I really want this to be over. I am going crazy with worry and stress............I tell my fiance that I will be happy once the interview is over, regardless of if we are required to do a waiver. At least then we will know and I already have a very good Hardship letter ready to file in case.

No we have no illegal presence, no overstay.... He was denied entry and his tourist visa cancelled 2 years ago. They let him withdraw his application for admission and told him to wait at least a year to apply for a new visa.......

But, they questioned if he had turned in his last I-94, so they may think he overstayed which led to his denied entry. We have tons of proof to show he didn't overstay........Anyways, because he was allowed to withdraw his application for admission and not "removed, deported or anything" we are in that 50% chance of not needing a waiver or needing a waiver!!!!! AGGHHH!!! :blink:

But, again if needed, we are prepared and ready to get the show on the road. I just want the interview to be over and to know the outcome. :wacko:

1Corinthians 13:13 But now faith, hope, and love remain--these three. The greatest of these is love.

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_mexic_2fawm.gif

08/08/2006- Mailed I 129-F packet to TSC

08/10/2006- Packet Signed for by TSC employee

08/18/2006- NOA 1 date

08/22/2006- Touched.....:)

10/25/2006- Touched.......BIG SMILE :)

10/26/2006- TOUCHED AGAIN..........HUGE SMILE!

10/27/2006- NOA 2 approval email received!

10/31/2006- NOA 2 received in mail.........Can't stop smiling!!

11/16/2006- NVC receives my petition and assigns us a case number CDJ----------!!!! WOOHOO

11/20/2006- Mailed to Juarez!! Yippee!

11/30/2006- Juarez received my petition......Email confirms I should receive my packet within 2 weeks!! :)

12/15/2006- Received Packet!!!!! Booking travel arrangements!!!!

12/26/2006- Medical Exam

12/27/2006- Interview, 601 waiver needed

01/10/2007- Filed 601 Waiver

01/17/2007- DHS Receipt of Waiver

08/26/2007- Approved

09/04/2007- Received Approval Notice

Good luck Jamie, hopefully Oliverio gets his passport in time, keep us posted as soon as you get back.

Woo hoo, everyone is moving along and getting to their interviews in CDJ, alright :thumbs:

* * * * * * * * * K-1 VISA * * * * * * * * * * * *

06/21/06: Submitted I-129F to the CSC

10/18/06: NOA2 DATE

01/29/07: MEDICAL IN CDJ

01/30/07: INTERVIEW in CDJ **My fiance receives his visa**

03/31/07-04/08/07: I leave to Mexico and bring back my fiance

04/08/07: U.S. ENTRY at LAX

04/23/07: Married in Vegas

* * * * * * * *AOS, AP, & EAD * * * * * * * * * *

05/24/07: Submitted AOS, AP, EAD

06/01/07: NOA1 for AOS & EAD, NOA1 for AP missing, but they received forms

06/06/07: TOUCHED (AOS, AP, EAD)

06/23/07: RFE for I-864 paperwork

07/03/07: Biometrics for AOS & EAD

07/03/07: TOUCHED (EAD)

07/07/07: Submitted response to RFE

07/18/07: TOUCHED (AOS) They received RFE response

08/08/07: AP APPROVED

08/10/07: EAD APPROVED

10/17/07: AOS interview in Los Angeles -- APPROVED, pending name check :(

02/08/08: Name check has cleared, Notice welcoming new resident is mailed out

02/12/08: Card Production ordered, woohoo

02/15/08: Notice welcoming new resident is received

02/21/08: GREEN CARD IN HAND

08/23/08: After 7 years together . . . Religious wedding ceremony and HUGE PARTY in Jalisco, Mexico (we deserve it)

08/24-08/30: Spend our honeymoon in Acapulco, Mexico

Link to video clip of our wedding: http://www.youtube.com/user/dstradaproducc...f/1/wHiId9HZVRc

Nov. 2009: File to Remove Conditions

Timeline
I was shooting for medical on the 26th and interview on 27th....... I emailed and called both the medical exam offices and consulate about these dates and they assured me they are open. But, as we know Juarez has many different answers. So I guess we have no choice but to go by faith on that.......

I have not booked our flight and hotel yet, as i am waiting on the packet. How confident do you feel on the whole information window thing???

I just worry that they will tell me that my packet has been sent and everything. And then I book expensive flights and hotel only to find out that the information window people will not give me the letter.....

I really want this to be over. I am going crazy with worry and stress............I tell my fiance that I will be happy once the interview is over, regardless of if we are required to do a waiver. At least then we will know and I already have a very good Hardship letter ready to file in case.

No we have no illegal presence, no overstay.... He was denied entry and his tourist visa cancelled 2 years ago. They let him withdraw his application for admission and told him to wait at least a year to apply for a new visa.......

But, they questioned if he had turned in his last I-94, so they may think he overstayed which led to his denied entry. We have tons of proof to show he didn't overstay........Anyways, because he was allowed to withdraw his application for admission and not "removed, deported or anything" we are in that 50% chance of not needing a waiver or needing a waiver!!!!! AGGHHH!!! :blink:

But, again if needed, we are prepared and ready to get the show on the road. I just want the interview to be over and to know the outcome. :wacko:

luvinmb, I am in the exact situation as your fiance: I was denied entry at the border and my BCC was cancelled many years ago, but I was able to get a laser visa and a student visa only a month after that, so I'm hoping I don't need a waiver for my K1 either. I know what you mean about the I-94, I have that worry too, I'm hoping that the fact that they have not denied me entry since the BCC incident is a sign that there's nothing in my record indicating that... but you never know. I'm pretty sure a lot of people have that I-94 problem, I'm not sure if you know but I was told once by an Immigration officer at the Hidalgo bridge that the people who collect the tolls when you leave the US sometimes do not turn in the I-94's given to them, they work for a different government agency so technically they are not responsible to do this. Since they told me this I've been giving my about-to-expire I-94's to the Immigration officers at the bridge offices or when I cross to go to McAllen, but not so many people know this.

Would you be flying from Tampico to CDJ? I haven't made any reservations either, but I'm thinking I might fly out of there on the 25th or 26th since I'll be spending Christmas and New Year's eve with my family in the Veracruz-Tampico area and AVIACSA has decent fares from Tampico to CDJ. My fiance would be flying to El Paso and we would meet at the hotel in CDJ. It would be great if we could fly together or meet before the interview :)

K1
AOS
Removal of Conditions

NATURALIZATION

Timeline
I was shooting for medical on the 26th and interview on 27th....... I emailed and called both the medical exam offices and consulate about these dates and they assured me they are open. But, as we know Juarez has many different answers. So I guess we have no choice but to go by faith on that.......

luvinmb, I am in the exact situation as your fiance: I was denied entry at the border and my BCC was cancelled many years ago, but I was able to get a laser visa and a student visa only a month after that, so I'm hoping I don't need a waiver for my K1 either. I know what you mean about the I-94, I have that worry too, I'm hoping that the fact that they have not denied me entry since the BCC incident is a sign that there's nothing in my record indicating that... but you never know. I'm pretty sure a lot of people have that I-94 problem, I'm not sure if you know but I was told once by an Immigration officer at the Hidalgo bridge that the people who collect the tolls when you leave the US sometimes do not turn in the I-94's given to them, they work for a different government agency so technically they are not responsible to do this. Since they told me this I've been giving my about-to-expire I-94's to the Immigration officers at the bridge offices or when I cross to go to McAllen, but not so many people know this.

Would you be flying from Tampico to CDJ? I haven't made any reservations either, but I'm thinking I might fly out of there on the 25th or 26th since I'll be spending Christmas and New Year's eve with my family in the Veracruz-Tampico area and AVIACSA has decent fares from Tampico to CDJ. My fiance would be flying to El Paso and we would meet at the hotel in CDJ. It would be great if we could fly together or meet before the interview :)

The difference is that we never applied for a visa again after he was denied entry and his visa was cancelled. They gave him the copy of his paperwork from the incident and it clearly states at the top "Application for Admission Withdrawn in Lieu Of Deportation/Consular Notification" Then a box is checked that says: Application for Admission Withdrawn and another box that says: BCC/Cancelled.

That is it....... I think they are required to put a charge code on the form and they put the misrep. code.....But, my fiance said that the Border Agent told him to wait a year and then he would be okay for a visa again. I think she was scaring him with the year wait thing. And it worked!!! hahhaahaah We haven't applied for anything in 2 years......... Anyways, several attorneys say that since he was allowed to Withdraw his Application that he should not have to do a waiver because he was not charged with anything... Only one said that since they thought he lied he needs one. But, seems to me if they really thought he was lying, they would have "expedited removed" him not let him Withdraw Application......Anyways, hopefully no waiver! We will see!

Yes, we are flying from Tampico to Juarez on the 25th and returning on the 28th......We are doing medical on the 26th and interview on the 27th.....This is all of course if we get the packet. I have found roundtrip airfare for 1 w/Aviasca $382.00...... I think that is pretty good. What do you think?

1Corinthians 13:13 But now faith, hope, and love remain--these three. The greatest of these is love.

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_mexic_2fawm.gif

08/08/2006- Mailed I 129-F packet to TSC

08/10/2006- Packet Signed for by TSC employee

08/18/2006- NOA 1 date

08/22/2006- Touched.....:)

10/25/2006- Touched.......BIG SMILE :)

10/26/2006- TOUCHED AGAIN..........HUGE SMILE!

10/27/2006- NOA 2 approval email received!

10/31/2006- NOA 2 received in mail.........Can't stop smiling!!

11/16/2006- NVC receives my petition and assigns us a case number CDJ----------!!!! WOOHOO

11/20/2006- Mailed to Juarez!! Yippee!

11/30/2006- Juarez received my petition......Email confirms I should receive my packet within 2 weeks!! :)

12/15/2006- Received Packet!!!!! Booking travel arrangements!!!!

12/26/2006- Medical Exam

12/27/2006- Interview, 601 waiver needed

01/10/2007- Filed 601 Waiver

01/17/2007- DHS Receipt of Waiver

08/26/2007- Approved

09/04/2007- Received Approval Notice

Timeline

It looks like things are going well for everyone. I'm leaving for the DF on 12/23 and then we are driving to Cuernava where where we will be until 01/02...then I return here to Boston...then to CDJ on 01/07. We're planning to do the medical on 01/08 and to the consulate on 01/09...we will leave there on 01/11. Anyone else going to be there around that time?

Timeline
The difference is that we never applied for a visa again after he was denied entry and his visa was cancelled. They gave him the copy of his paperwork from the incident and it clearly states at the top "Application for Admission Withdrawn in Lieu Of Deportation/Consular Notification" Then a box is checked that says: Application for Admission Withdrawn and another box that says: BCC/Cancelled.

That is it....... I think they are required to put a charge code on the form and they put the misrep. code.....But, my fiance said that the Border Agent told him to wait a year and then he would be okay for a visa again. I think she was scaring him with the year wait thing. And it worked!!! hahhaahaah We haven't applied for anything in 2 years......... Anyways, several attorneys say that since he was allowed to Withdraw his Application that he should not have to do a waiver because he was not charged with anything... Only one said that since they thought he lied he needs one. But, seems to me if they really thought he was lying, they would have "expedited removed" him not let him Withdraw Application......Anyways, hopefully no waiver! We will see!

Yes, we are flying from Tampico to Juarez on the 25th and returning on the 28th......We are doing medical on the 26th and interview on the 27th.....This is all of course if we get the packet. I have found roundtrip airfare for 1 w/Aviasca $382.00...... I think that is pretty good. What do you think?

mmmm I see what you're saying, I would probably worry about the misrep thing too, but then again...I tend to worry about everything :wacko:

I think that's the same fare I found, as soon as we make the decision I'll book the flights. I'm thinking flying there on the 25th is the best idea since the chances of them being open on Wednesday are higher than Thursday. They only thing keeping us from going to CDJ during that week is the thought of wasting all this money and time if they decide to close the whole week; but at the same time I also want my fiance to go with me, and this is the only time he can take off from work since he just started in his new job a week and a half ago. Sooo, we'll most likely go during that week :unsure: He would probably fly to El Paso on the 26th though, since here in the US you have the Christmas dinner on the 25th and not on the 24th like we do in Mexico :D

K1
AOS
Removal of Conditions

NATURALIZATION

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.