waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

KIT KAT

Thank you! as always you are a great guide.. Its just that im very worried about getting the waiver.. my overstay is like this:

between I-194 expired and the day border patrol took my visa: 130 days.

That 130th day, the police at the border gave me a permission written in a little paper. The permission was to remain the US until my hearing day.. (20 days more)

Then I lost the hearing and they gave me a deadline to leave the US. (90 days permission) I remained 85 out of those 90 days and I left the US on time.

I dont want to assume that from the day I was cought to the day I flew aren't to the overstay total.. Am I correct..?

:innocent: I know im just bugging!! but Im so afraid..when I think of another year waiting I wan to be very catholic and go to church!! stop eating candy and pay for all my sins!!!!

Pero Las quiero guys..

familytogether.gif

K1 HOLDER

AOS 1 APR 2007 .................................. DENIED

AOS 2 DEC 2007.................................. DENIED

WAIVER MAY 2008............................... DENIED

MOTION TO REOPEN JULY 2008............. GRANTED

AOS JUNE 2009 ................................... GRANTED!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

About the Q.11 in the I !34 form.

my fiance and sponsor wrote "room and board, and also money for personal expenses.

my fiance put 100 dls per week until i get a job. and my co sponso put 85dls per week .. jaja!! (of course they are not gonna do it...) But thats what we put.

:blush:

familytogether.gif

K1 HOLDER

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Brenda,

You are supposed to have the appointment letter in hand before you go to the interview. Receipt of the appointment letter in the fiance packet means that they have not only received your information, but it is already processed and they are ready for you to come to an interview. If you and your fiance have not yet received copies of it, you can email them and ask if everything is ready for you to come for your interview. If the answer is yes, you can take that email (for proof) and then request a copy of the appointment letter at the information booth. People have done this in the past, but it may be a little bit risky since you never know what may happen at the info booth.

On the I-134 there is no reason to write any specific dollar amount. This form is used for other kinds of visas where it's appropriate to put a specific amount, but in the case of fiances it does not apply. For that reason, I followed the guide's example here and wrote "do not intend - K1" because it's not applicable.

For your timing situation, it's hard to know what will happen. Since they gave you 90 additional days and you left before then, it seems like you will be fine. But if they look at the 130 days + 85 days, you are over the 180 day mark where a waiver is required. I guess we can only hope and keep our fingers crossed that they will not include the additional 90 days permission! If you have a lawyer to ask, I would do that before you go so you know what you are up against.

Best of luck and keep us posted!

p.s. it's COLD in DF - we're using a LOT of blankets but I'm not complaining since we are together!!!

:luv:

Timeline

Thanks KIt Kat

I will keep you guys posted.. so.. Are you in Mexico City..?!! colonia.?!! Ojala podamos tomarnos un cafe :) Y bueno les comento que CDJ has received my case on dec 06 2006, to update the timelines in your word document.. :blush:

xoxoxox

Brenda

familytogether.gif

K1 HOLDER

Timeline

I have a couplequestions...my fiance still has not gotten his Passport. If we are in Juarez two days before he goes to his interview, will that be enough time for him to get his passport there? He also wants me to pick him up from the airport because he's timido hehe Does anyone know the directions to the Holiday Inn and to the airport? I've looked on the internet for directions but none of them have them

I can't believe I'm leaving Tuesday! It feels like the time has gone by soooo fast! I'm sooo excited but extremely nervous about the whole passport ordeal!

2010-02-08 Filed I-130 through Ca. Service center

2010-13-08 NOA 1 Received

2010-02-11 I-130 transferred to Tx. Service Center

2010-24-11 Notified by email TSC has received our petition and has begun processing it

Timeline
I have a couplequestions...my fiance still has not gotten his Passport. If we are in Juarez two days before he goes to his interview, will that be enough time for him to get his passport there? He also wants me to pick him up from the airport because he's timido hehe Does anyone know the directions to the Holiday Inn and to the airport? I've looked on the internet for directions but none of them have them

I can't believe I'm leaving Tuesday! It feels like the time has gone by soooo fast! I'm sooo excited but extremely nervous about the whole passport ordeal!

Waiting..... I am as confused as you are on your fiances passport dilemma. My fiance literally applied and got his passport in like a week. And did not have to provide any of the documents your fiance is being asked for. Sounds ridiculous. I too am completely stressed out.....We are completely prepared and ready for our interview, but are waiting on the packet. I leave on December 21st and need the PACKET!!!!!!!!!!!AGGHH!!!!!! I have completely given up on talking to anyone by phone in Juarez. They give you no help....The emails are much better. They claimed on November 30th that they mailed my packet to me. But in true Juarez fashion, I got another email stating something slightly different. But, hopefully I receive it by December 21st. GOOD LUCK on your interview!!! Have you submitted your DS-156 online yet or are you waiting until you get to Juarez. Or is your fiance doing it solo?

1Corinthians 13:13 But now faith, hope, and love remain--these three. The greatest of these is love.

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_mexic_2fawm.gif

08/08/2006- Mailed I 129-F packet to TSC

08/10/2006- Packet Signed for by TSC employee

08/18/2006- NOA 1 date

08/22/2006- Touched.....:)

10/25/2006- Touched.......BIG SMILE :)

10/26/2006- TOUCHED AGAIN..........HUGE SMILE!

10/27/2006- NOA 2 approval email received!

10/31/2006- NOA 2 received in mail.........Can't stop smiling!!

11/16/2006- NVC receives my petition and assigns us a case number CDJ----------!!!! WOOHOO

11/20/2006- Mailed to Juarez!! Yippee!

11/30/2006- Juarez received my petition......Email confirms I should receive my packet within 2 weeks!! :)

12/15/2006- Received Packet!!!!! Booking travel arrangements!!!!

12/26/2006- Medical Exam

12/27/2006- Interview, 601 waiver needed

01/10/2007- Filed 601 Waiver

01/17/2007- DHS Receipt of Waiver

08/26/2007- Approved

09/04/2007- Received Approval Notice

Timeline

Direction are on their website:

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/h.../transportation

FROM CJS AIRPORT- TAKE PANAMERICANA STREET. IMMEDIATELY TURN RIGHT ON TO P. ELIAS CALLES, THEN TURN LEFT ON HENRY DUNANT STREET. THEN STRAIGHT AHEAD

I would NOT wait and get the passport in CDJ - I would do it in advance so you can be 100% it's taken care of.

Timeline

He was supposed to take care of it. The guy told him that if after he got his ID it would only take a couple of days to get his passport. Now the guy is being an a$$ and telling him he needs all these different documents before he can get his passport. I have already taken the time off work, paid for the hotel and flight and if I wait I won't be able to get anymore time off of work :(

luvinmb.....I haven't done the 156 yet because I need his passport number for it I just want to pull my hair out right now :wacko:

2010-24-11 Notified by email TSC has received our petition and has begun processing it

Waiting...I wouldn't advice on driving to the airport. It is quite complicated and streets change direction constantly. From the Holiday Inn, it is a good 25-30 minutes. It is better if he takes a taxi and meets you at the hotel. Also the streets change names around certain areas. If you are determined to drive to the airport, find a reliable map.

US Entry : 2006-11-27

Marriage : 2006-12

AOS : Submitted on 1-29-07

NOA1: 2-5-07

BIOMETRICS: 2-21-07

AOS Interview: Decision Pending :( FBI Name Check not completed

Email welcoming New Resident on 5/22/07.

Approval Notice email: 5/31/2007

CARD IN HAND 6/01/2007

Removal of Conditions now in progress

Mailed: 3-4-09

USCIS received: 3-6-09

NOA1: 3-9-09

Biometrics: letter arrived 3-18-09, scheduled 3-28-09

Approved on: 05-04-2009

Approval letter arrives: 05-09-09

waiting on green card...

card production email: 06/19/2009

CARD IN HAND: 07/02/2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Waiting - so sorry you are in this situation. I agree with Kitkat about having passport before you go to CDJ. They won't let him in the consulate without a passport (they stamp it). One thing I have learned in Mexico with dealing with drivers license, passport, utility bills, etc - everything takes time in Mexico. They don't seem to be quick about anything. I would see if your plane tickets are changeable and pled for your work to let you off maybe in January. I know you two don't want this and it is so frustrating for you but I would hate for you to get to CDJ and things go wrong at the passport place. I'm so sorry.

2/24/06: 129 mailed

3/01/06: NOA1

5/02/06: NOA2

5/18/06: CDJ Receives case

7/19/06: CDJ mails packet

8/02/06: Interview - Visa not recevied - put on AR "false hit" fingersprint check had to be done.

11/15/06: Called DHS to see if they had any info on my case - They advised security cleared in Oct. - now waiting for appt letter from CDJ for Visa Pickup. :)

11/27/06: recvd letter from CDJ - Appointment set for Jan 11, 2007

1/11/07: Visa received!!!!!

AOS:

3/26/07: AOS mailed

4/3/07: NOA1

4/23/07: Biometrics Appt

5/2/07: AOS transferred to CSC

5/21/07: Email from CSC stating AOS pending

6/12/07: EAD Card ordered (received email)

6/20/07: EAD Card received in mail

8/23/07: Card Production Ordered

8/30/07: Greencard received in mail

Lifting of Conditions:

5/26/09: I-751 mailed

6/1/09: NOA1

6/3/09: Check Cashed

7/7/09: Biometrics Appt

10/30/09: Approval Date

11/5/09: Received Notice in the mail

11/21/09: Greencard received in mail!

Naturalization:

8/12/10: N-400 Mailed

8/20/10: NOA1 (check cashed 8/24)

9/8/10: Early Biometrics. In and Out in 5 min!

9/22/10: Scheduled Biometrics Appt

11/4/10: Interview Appt - Passed!!!

01/27/11: Oath!!! Yippee!!

Timeline

Also waiting - My fiance got his passport in Acapulco a couple of years ago - would you like me to ask him what he was required to bring and how long it took?? I know you mentioned your fiance going to Acapulco. Not sure if Leo will remember but I will be glad to ask him. Let me know.

8/02/06: Interview - Visa not recevied - put on AR "false hit" fingersprint check had to be done.

11/15/06: Called DHS to see if they had any info on my case - They advised security cleared in Oct. - now waiting for appt letter from CDJ for Visa Pickup. :)

AOS:

Lifting of Conditions:

Naturalization:

Timeline

Ok Waiting - I just talked to Leo and asked him about his passport experience in Acapulco. He said he just brought his birth certificate, official ID, passport photos, and forms required and got the passport same day - took about 3 hours. However Leo said this was not his 1st time to get his passport in Mexico. Leo said if you are getting your passport for the first time they require a bunch of stuff and could take longer to get. Not sure how reliable this info is. Hope this helps. Maybe a phone call to Acapulco ahead of time will help.

Allie

AOS:

Lifting of Conditions:

Naturalization:

Timeline

Jamie, I think you have already seen this list of requirements for a passport but just in case, here it is again:

http://www.sre.gob.mx/pasaportes/primeravez/mayoresedad.htm

Seems strange that they are giving him such a hard time regarding school information since it's not a requirement. Hope it all works out in time.

Allie, 4 weeks to go - YAY!!!

Timeline

I jsut sent him more money today to go to Alcapulco to try once more to get his passport..hopdefully he can get it before he gets on his plane Wednesday :( I alreadyh talked to my work and I wouldn't be able to get time off again until the beginning or March so basically it's a now or never thing because I start school again in January....BLAH!!! I'm going to talk to Oliverio later on today and I'm telling him to just get a taxi to the hotel....I don't want to drive that far into Mexico and end up getting lost. That would definately be my luck! If he doesn't get to go to his interview atleast I can give him all the stuff for it and he will have to go later by himself :(

Thank you all for the info!

Timeline
I jsut sent him more money today to go to Alcapulco to try once more to get his passport..hopdefully he can get it before he gets on his plane Wednesday :( I alreadyh talked to my work and I wouldn't be able to get time off again until the beginning or March so basically it's a now or never thing because I start school again in January....BLAH!!! I'm going to talk to Oliverio later on today and I'm telling him to just get a taxi to the hotel....I don't want to drive that far into Mexico and end up getting lost. That would definately be my luck! If he doesn't get to go to his interview atleast I can give him all the stuff for it and he will have to go later by himself :(

Thank you all for the info!

A taxi is a much better idea - it will be around $220 pesos and I'm sure he can handle it himself! Keep us posted;

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.