waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm posting this information again so everyone going through CDJ has easy access to it and so it isn't only shared via PMs:

Once the file is received at CDJ from the NVC, they input the fiance data in the system and send out the fiance packet about 4 weeks later. One copy to the USC and one copy to the fiance in Mexico (who may never receive it. In that case, scan the letter and email to fiance to print out).

All of the paperwork in the Fiance Packet (which comes with an "American Consulate - El Paso" return address) is exactly the same as on their website, but the copies are very bad and the forms are all outdated. It's much smarter to download from the site and only keep the "official letter" from the packet. The letter is necessary to enter the consulate. If you go without the letter but you have confirmed that they are ready for the interview, you may be able to get a copy at the information booth next to the consulate.

Fiance Packet contents (there is no checklist and nothing to return):

1) The letter: "This office is pleased to inform you that it can begin to process your fiance visa case. Please read and follow all of the enclosed instructions very carefully". The letter includes the fiance case number.

2) Notice about payment of visa fee at Banamex - same as website but Banamex only accepts cash and charges a little more than the standard $100 fee - no idea why.

3) Instructions - same as website

4) Evidence to meet the public charge provision - same as website. CDJ does not require the I-134 but many people use it because it's easier.

5) Instructions for medical exam - same as website. Remember the K1 applicants do NOT need vaccinations for the K1 visa - only for AOS in the US after marriage. CDJ medical clinics don't seem to acknowledge applicant's proof of vaccinations so it may be better to skip them there and do them someone else. Then bring the record to the civil surgeon in the US. Medical is $135 USD (without vaccinations) and they do not accept credit cards.

6) DS-156 forms - "Solicitud de Visa de no immigrante" same as website, outdated and almost impossible to read. You must use the online form to generate a barcode.

7) DS-156 form supplement "Solicitud de Visa de No-Immigrante para prometido" same as website, outdated and almost impossible to read.

8) Letter of intent - Take updated letters of intent from both of you even though they may not ask for it.

Other important notes:

* Taxi from CDJ airport to consulate neighborhood is about 200 pesos/$20 USD.

* There are plenty of regular, American-ish hotels i.e. Holiday Inn Lincoln (book online for around $65/night and free internet access in hotel) and smaller, much less expensive hotels in the area that are perfectly fine and safe.

* No specific appointment is necessary. With the official letter in hand indicating that they are ready for the fiance to come to the interview, fiance can go between 8-10am M-F except American/Mexican holidays. Confirm the holiday schedule on their website (hidden in the fiance packet link) and keep in mind that they close around holidays even when they say they are open. Plan accordingly.

* No fiances allowed in the consulate

* Medical exam is basic - xrays, blood work, general quick check all over and questions about drug/alcohol use/tobacco use and apparently sometimes questions about immigration problems or jail time.

* No photos required for medical

* Even if your photos for the interview are perfect, 99% chance they will send the fiance out for new photos at one of the places they apparently have a "contract" with.

* Police certificates and military service information are not required in Mexico

* If your fiance was illegal, overstayed or was out of status in the US for more than 180 days, a 601 waiver and hardship letter from the USC with evidence will be required if they are eligible. Hardship waivers are no longer submitted on the same day; a second appointment is given by the consulate to return, pay the fee ($265) give fingerprints ($85) and submit the waiver. The consulate does accept credit cards. CDJ has no system for tracking waiver status online. Wait time for approval is appox. 9 months and another visa pick up appointment is scheduled 7 weeks after approval.

* At least 50% of the information provided by CDJ via telephone and email is incorrect. Take everything they say with a grain of salt and check here for confirmation!

If I missed anything important, please post it!!

:luv:

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

I just got off the phone with the Juarez Consulate and they said they recieved my petition on Monday....Woohoo We are almost there :D

Waiting. . . please post when you receive your fiance packet. I've been waiting for it since September 28 when they told me via email that they had received our petition.

p.s. congrats!

Have you gone through your interview yet?

Timeline

Timeline

My fiance will be going to his interview Dec. 15 .....Lucy's fiance will be going to his interview tomorrow...Very exciting

Why don't you do your timeline carly so we can see how far along in your process you are :)

2010-02-08 Filed I-130 through Ca. Service center

2010-13-08 NOA 1 Received

2010-02-11 I-130 transferred to Tx. Service Center

2010-24-11 Notified by email TSC has received our petition and has begun processing it

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Carly the "status" list is attached here.

KK I am assuming that that doc is only for K-1, right?

EAD:

Please see timeline

AOS:

2/19/08: AOS Packet Mailed

2/20/08: AOS Packet Delivered

2/26/08: NOA Date

2/27/08: Check Cashed

3/03/08: NOA Recv'd

3/15/08: Biometrics Complete

3/17/08: Can See Status Online

9/20/08: Receive Intv. Appt Letter

10/17/08: Touched

10/28/08: AOS Interview - APPROVED

10/30/08: Card Production Ordered

11/06/08: Welcome Letter Arrives

11/10/08: GC Arrives

10/2011: Citizenship

Timeline

Carly the "status" list is attached here.

KK I am assuming that that doc is only for K-1, right?

:( yes . . . there aren't too many K3s or CR1s here for CDJ

Timeline
*Hardship waivers are no longer submitted on the same day; a second appointment is given by the consulate to return, pay the fee ($265) give fingerprints ($85) and submit the waiver.

Kitkat1,

On you "status" list, your I-601 waiver was submitted the next day. Did you receive a second

appointment for the next day? Does everone submitting an I-601 have to give fingerprints?

Thanks

Time Line

01-13-06- sent I-129f to Neb

01-23-06- Receive NOA1

03-31-06- I-129f sent to El Paso TX

04-03-06- touched

06-14-06- letter from El Paso, I-129f sent there by mistake!!!!

06-28-06- contacted congressman, I-129f is in CSC

07-04-06- Received in California, finally 3 months wasted!

08-10-06- sent in RFE

08-18-06- RFE lost in mail

09-20-06- resent RFE

09-08-06- received my RFE

09-14-06- touched

09-14-06- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

11-05-07- Interview

11-05-07- VISA received

11-05-07- US entry El Paso, Tx.

12-18-07- Married

AOS

02-02-08- Filed

02-14-08- NOA1

03-08-08- Biometrics

04-16-08- EAD ordered

05-14-08- EAD re-ordered

05-23-08- EAD recieved in mail

09-13-08- Recieved 2nd biometrics appointment

10-02-08- 2nd Biometrics- wrong A#

Timeline

You must go back for the second appointment that they give you - more or less two weeks later. Fingerprints are required.

Timeline

If they do not allow my fiance to pay and do his fingerprints for two weeks, could I send in the waiver when I get home (before he pays) and just write them a note saying what date he will be paying and doing fingerprints?

2010-24-11 Notified by email TSC has received our petition and has begun processing it

Timeline
If they do not allow my fiance to pay and do his fingerprints for two weeks, could I send in the waiver when I get home (before he pays) and just write them a note saying what date he will be paying and doing fingerprints?

He does not have to submit the hardship letter at the time of the filing of the 601 waiver form, prints and payment. You can send it within 30 days. But if you have it ready for him on the date he goes, he can turn it in then.

http://usembassy.state.gov/CiudadJuarez/wwwhciswaiver.html

Extreme Hardship Evidence

You may submit Extreme Hardship Evidence at the time the I-601 Waiver is filed with the Consular Officer or mailed directly to the Cd. Juarez USCIS Office within 30 days after filing the waiver. All evidence and inquiries must be mailed to:

Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

PO Box 9896

El Paso, Texas 79995

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Hey girls! Just checking in to say hi. We're still stuck in I-130 land. Right now my timeline is saying it might be approved like next March or something. Still aiming for that interview in August, 2008. Hope all of you are doing well. With the holiday season surrounding us, it's kind of a sad time for us, but we just keep in mind that each day that passes is one day closer to when we can finally be together.

Oh yeah, and I'm keeping myself very well occupied with wedding plans!

Speaking of which, does anyone here by some small miracle speak fluent Spanish?

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Timeline

Nice to hear from you Heina! I'm glad your keeping yourself busy! Have fun with the wedding planning! I won't start planning mine till after Christmas so I know I'll be occupied while my fiance's waiver is being approved :)

AHHHHHH, I'm dying to find out how Lucy & Fernando's interview went. This is terrible, I get nervous for you guys, I can only imagine what I will be going through when my fiance goes to his interview, I will be a nervous wreck. :yes:

Edited by ucla_cutie26

* * * * * * * * * K-1 VISA * * * * * * * * * * * *

06/21/06: Submitted I-129F to the CSC

10/18/06: NOA2 DATE

01/29/07: MEDICAL IN CDJ

01/30/07: INTERVIEW in CDJ **My fiance receives his visa**

03/31/07-04/08/07: I leave to Mexico and bring back my fiance

04/08/07: U.S. ENTRY at LAX

04/23/07: Married in Vegas

* * * * * * * *AOS, AP, & EAD * * * * * * * * * *

05/24/07: Submitted AOS, AP, EAD

06/01/07: NOA1 for AOS & EAD, NOA1 for AP missing, but they received forms

06/06/07: TOUCHED (AOS, AP, EAD)

06/23/07: RFE for I-864 paperwork

07/03/07: Biometrics for AOS & EAD

07/03/07: TOUCHED (EAD)

07/07/07: Submitted response to RFE

07/18/07: TOUCHED (AOS) They received RFE response

08/08/07: AP APPROVED

08/10/07: EAD APPROVED

10/17/07: AOS interview in Los Angeles -- APPROVED, pending name check :(

02/08/08: Name check has cleared, Notice welcoming new resident is mailed out

02/12/08: Card Production ordered, woohoo

02/15/08: Notice welcoming new resident is received

02/21/08: GREEN CARD IN HAND

08/23/08: After 7 years together . . . Religious wedding ceremony and HUGE PARTY in Jalisco, Mexico (we deserve it)

08/24-08/30: Spend our honeymoon in Acapulco, Mexico

Link to video clip of our wedding: http://www.youtube.com/user/dstradaproducc...f/1/wHiId9HZVRc

Nov. 2009: File to Remove Conditions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hola Chicas,

Had a nice surpise waiting for me in the mail today. We received appointment letter for Jan. 11, 2007. Little disappointed it's not in December but at least I have an appointment now :P:D . I had already made reservations to go to Mexico for New Years. I'm still going to go. I can bring back most of his stuff with me and then meet him the next week in CDJ. Leo is very excited but a little nervous because of what happened last time. He is going to turn in his notice for work tomorrow.

So I'm going to fly into El Paso and then travel into CDJ. Then Leo and I plan to leave for Nashville from CDJ via El Paso. My twin sister might go with me to CDJ. Should I rent a car to CDJ, take a taxi, shuttle? I'm concerned about crossing back over to USA because it will take awhile going thru border and I can't tell a taxi or shuttle to wait. I wonder if you can take a taxi to border and then walk over the border and than are there taxis waiting on otherside? Anyone have any experiences?

I'm superexcited. I'm going to start booking flights tonight.

Allie

2/24/06: 129 mailed

3/01/06: NOA1

5/02/06: NOA2

5/18/06: CDJ Receives case

7/19/06: CDJ mails packet

8/02/06: Interview - Visa not recevied - put on AR "false hit" fingersprint check had to be done.

11/15/06: Called DHS to see if they had any info on my case - They advised security cleared in Oct. - now waiting for appt letter from CDJ for Visa Pickup. :)

11/27/06: recvd letter from CDJ - Appointment set for Jan 11, 2007

1/11/07: Visa received!!!!!

AOS:

3/26/07: AOS mailed

4/3/07: NOA1

4/23/07: Biometrics Appt

5/2/07: AOS transferred to CSC

5/21/07: Email from CSC stating AOS pending

6/12/07: EAD Card ordered (received email)

6/20/07: EAD Card received in mail

8/23/07: Card Production Ordered

8/30/07: Greencard received in mail

Lifting of Conditions:

5/26/09: I-751 mailed

6/1/09: NOA1

6/3/09: Check Cashed

7/7/09: Biometrics Appt

10/30/09: Approval Date

11/5/09: Received Notice in the mail

11/21/09: Greencard received in mail!

Naturalization:

8/12/10: N-400 Mailed

8/20/10: NOA1 (check cashed 8/24)

9/8/10: Early Biometrics. In and Out in 5 min!

9/22/10: Scheduled Biometrics Appt

11/4/10: Interview Appt - Passed!!!

01/27/11: Oath!!! Yippee!!

Timeline

Congratulations Allie!!!! So glad this is finally coming to an end - and what a great way to start the new year!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.