waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

WEll my honey should be in CDJ now. I haven't heard from him but I will assume everything is well. I am at working getting things ready for when I leave. I leave here tomorrow at 6 PM. He should have already had his medical by then. I will report as soon as I know something. I know that come Thursday, I will have another reason to be thankful!!! Thanks again to everyone for encouragement and support.

US Entry : 2006-11-27

Marriage : 2006-12

AOS : Submitted on 1-29-07

NOA1: 2-5-07

BIOMETRICS: 2-21-07

AOS Interview: Decision Pending :( FBI Name Check not completed

Email welcoming New Resident on 5/22/07.

Approval Notice email: 5/31/2007

CARD IN HAND 6/01/2007

Removal of Conditions now in progress

Mailed: 3-4-09

USCIS received: 3-6-09

NOA1: 3-9-09

Biometrics: letter arrived 3-18-09, scheduled 3-28-09

Approved on: 05-04-2009

Approval letter arrives: 05-09-09

waiting on green card...

card production email: 06/19/2009

CARD IN HAND: 07/02/2009

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi Ladies,

I've had a couple of personal messages the past few days asking me to post information about my/our experience in Juarez. I'll copy below a post I made immediately returning from Juarez (in early August). If have you specific questions, ask away. I would love to see you all posting success stories in the near future! :D

In retrospect, things went very smoothly. Just prepare yourselves for the LONG wait while your fiance is interviewed. I chose to wait in a restaurant instead of back at the hotel. That's just how I am, but it seriously was a long (7.5 hours) wait. Ah, and I would also recommend planning at least 3 business days in Juarez in case something does require extra time because while we were there people were told to return for a third day of questioning. Once again, I hope this helps and buena suerte.

~Kara

Here's my post from August, 2006:

I just got back from Ciudad Juarez and wanted to share our experience with others who might be headed there in the future. We got our visa!!!! I'm VERY happy, to say the least! Here's a bit about our experience:

I'm the US citizen and my fiance is Mexican. I wanted to go with him to the Consulate for moral support at the very least, and I'm glad I did. If you are an American citizen and are contemplating going to Ciudad Juarez for a K1 or a K3 interview with your fiance/spouse, I would highly recommend going if at all possible. There were other Americans hanging out waiting for their fiances/spouses. Some of their Mexican significant others were sent out of the Consulate to get the US citizen and to head in together for more questioning. I don't know what they would have done if the US citizen wasn't there (my guess is a denial). Luckily it didn't happen to us, but I talked to another K1 applicant that was sent out for his fiance and a US citizen waiting for his wife's K3 results and the two had to go back to the Consulate the following day for more questioning.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Lincoln (very close to Consulate) and walked where we needed to go. Monday we went for Enrique's (my fiance's) medical exam. We got to the clinic next to the Consulate at about 6:45. There were tons of people there and although Enrique was checked in relatively quickly, the whole process ended up taking 3.5 hours. I just hung out and waited for him. He said most of the time he was just there waiting. They did take chest X rays, drew blood, asked him about his medical history, and asked him to undress. Apparently they just looked at him and said that was enough. We went back to the clinic at 2:00 pm the same day to pick up the results. (There was a huge line again- we could have gone at 2:!5 and avoided the line). The results were sealed, which made me, the hypochondriac, nervous, but it turns out everything was fine. We also went to Banamex to pay the fee for the interview (take your Mexican passport with you!)

Tuesday we went to the Consulate. We got there at 7:45 and again, there was a huge line, but he got in pretty quickly. (He told me it didn't seem that once inside they processed people in the order they came, so you don't really need to get up and get in line at like 5:00am like some people do). The whole day at the Consulate took 7.5 hours, so US citizens, take reading material! I sat in a restaurant across from the Consulate with a lot of other anxious people. Enrique said once he was inside he went through security and then handed his papers to a person behind a little window. At 11:00 they sent him back outside because his pictures weren't acceptable, so he got new ones taken and headed back in. He said he sat in a huge room with all kinds of visa applicants and they just called (at what seemed at random) people to windows for their interviews. He said some of the consulate officers seemed to be more strict than others; he said his was a young guy who was pretty relaxed. This is what the CO asked Enrique:

Why he wanted to go to the US- his answer to marry me

Did he plan to work in the US- yes, upon approval from USCIS

Did he know that he had to get married within 90 days of entering- yes

How did we meet?

How many times have we seen each other?

Then Enrique starting showing him some of the things we prepared (the CO didn't ask for them, but Enrique just started chatting and showing them to him)

-pictures

-I-134 and documents (mine and cosponsor)

-letters

-boarding passes and travel itineraries

Then the CO said congratulations, you're approved. He then had to sit through the office's lunch break for them to print the visa in his passport.

All in all, I think I was more nervous waiting than Enrique was during the whole process. He said the CO he spoke with was relaxed and joked with him. I, on the other hand, sat anxiously watching people either come out of the Consulate either smiling or crying!

I hope this information helps you if you're headed to Juarez in the future. Make sure you are well prepared with a variety of information/proof of your relationship and you should be fine! Buena suerte! If you have more detailed questions, feel free to ask away!

Naturalization (N-400)

5/17/2010 application sent to Texas Lockbox

5/20/2010 check cashed

5/25/2010 NOA

6/07/2010 biometrics letter received

6/16/2010 biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Kara thanks for that - very helpful. I would just add one thing - the USC is in not required to be there and isn't allowed into the consulate under normal circumstances. They could not deny the visa due to the USC not being at the interview as it is not a requirement. For married couples, it seems they often ask about the spouse's whereabouts and I suppose there are times when they may request to speak with them.

The way I got around the "fear" of the CO asking for me was to send a letter with my fiance explaining that I was aware from their website the USC fiances are not allowed into the consulate, and the policy along with work obligations resulted in my not going. I added that my absence should in no way be misconstrued as unsupportive or lacking intent to marry him. In the end, no one asked for me and he never needed the letter. But I felt a whole lot better having sent it with him!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
!

TIP for fiances traveling to Juarez. check www.interjet.com.mx is a new, executive airline.

Interjet mex to juarez round trip $ 200 dls

Aeromexico mex to cdj round $ 580 dls

Mexicana mex to cdj round $485 dls

;)

But they don't fly from DF, right? We paid around $450 DF-CDJ-DF but that was a last minute, fully refundable ticket. For the next one, we'll book in advance and hopefully it will be much less expensive. Then one more round trip for me to go there after the visa pick up date and one ONE WAY ticket for my honey to finally come home with me!

Brenda, are you in DF for the holidays? I'm planning to be there early December through mid-January. We might have to meet in person!!!

HELLO!! THIS AIRLINE DEPARTURES FROM TOLUCA, ESTATE OF MEXICO. IS ALMOST INSIDE THE DF. HAVE ANY OF YOU VISITED SANTA FE MALL? THATS TOLUCA. DEPENDING OF WHAT PART OF THE DF YOU LIVE, MAYBE IS CLOSER TOLUCA AIRPORT THAN DF AIRPORT. ALSO THERE IS A FREE SHUTTLE FROM DF TO TOLUCA AIRPORT WHEN FLYING THRU INTERJET. WHEN I GET THE INTERVIEW I THINK I WILL TRAVEL THIS WAY.. I WILL LET U KNOW!! HOPEFULLY SOON!!

KIT KAT.. YES IM GOIMG TO BE IN DF IN DEC. I'D LOVE TO KNOW YOU! I LIVE IN POLANCO, WHERE ARE YOU GUYS LIVING IN MEXICO DF? ME GUSTARIA INVITARLOS A CENAR O ALGO ASI RICO..

UN BESO! GOOD LUCK TO LUCY!!!!!!!! OJALA NOS COMENTE PRONTO COMO LES FUE..!!

SALUDOS A TODAS!!

familytogether.gif

K1 HOLDER

AOS 1 APR 2007 .................................. DENIED

AOS 2 DEC 2007.................................. DENIED

WAIVER MAY 2008............................... DENIED

MOTION TO REOPEN JULY 2008............. GRANTED

AOS JUNE 2009 ................................... GRANTED!!!!!!!!!!

Ok first update: He just emailed me that he returned from the medical by 7:20 AM. He left at 6:15 which seemed really fast. He sent a quick email just telling me that he returned and that he had to pay $1639 pesos for it. He simply wrote that he was really tired and would write the details later. As soon as he sends them to me, I will post them. The only thing he focused on was how much it was :lol: I wrote to him and told him that many of us needed ALLLLLLL the details so I am expecting another email soon. Oh yeah, if any of you make the reservations at Holiday Inn for your man before you get there, I did run into a small problem: I had made the reservations in both our names and advised them that I would be arriving a day later. I was told that wouldn't be a problem. Well after he arrived and had to check in, they asked him to pay for each night in advance because the cardholder was not there. I later called them and asked them why considering that they charge the entire amount to the card if you don't show. They said that was the policy.... so again he had to pay. We thought that was taken care of. It's a good thing he took enough money with him to cover the first 2 nights. Now with the medical fee, he is without a cent. The taxi from the airport was $220 pesos. I hope this info. helps. I will post more as I receive it. I leave at 6:00 pm so tomorrow I will report on the interview :yes:.

US Entry : 2006-11-27

Marriage : 2006-12

AOS : Submitted on 1-29-07

NOA1: 2-5-07

BIOMETRICS: 2-21-07

AOS Interview: Decision Pending :( FBI Name Check not completed

Email welcoming New Resident on 5/22/07.

Approval Notice email: 5/31/2007

CARD IN HAND 6/01/2007

Removal of Conditions now in progress

Mailed: 3-4-09

USCIS received: 3-6-09

NOA1: 3-9-09

Biometrics: letter arrived 3-18-09, scheduled 3-28-09

Approved on: 05-04-2009

Approval letter arrives: 05-09-09

waiting on green card...

card production email: 06/19/2009

CARD IN HAND: 07/02/2009

Timeline

Lucy, that's so strange because I made a reservation for my fiance at the Holiday Inn from Sunday through Wednesday. I asked them what would happen if he didn't need to stay on Tuesday night and they said they would NOT charge for that night and they don't charge until you check out! Maybe it was different because he and I use the same credit card and it's in both of our names?

Anyway, glad the medical went super fast for him. He must have gotten some vaccinations too since it cost more than just the basic medical fee. Safe travels and keep us posted!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Just FYI ladies. My K-3 was approved on 11/14. So when do you think I will be down in Juarez? Are all of you going for the K-1?

EAD:

Please see timeline

AOS:

2/19/08: AOS Packet Mailed

2/20/08: AOS Packet Delivered

2/26/08: NOA Date

2/27/08: Check Cashed

3/03/08: NOA Recv'd

3/15/08: Biometrics Complete

3/17/08: Can See Status Online

9/20/08: Receive Intv. Appt Letter

10/17/08: Touched

10/28/08: AOS Interview - APPROVED

10/30/08: Card Production Ordered

11/06/08: Welcome Letter Arrives

11/10/08: GC Arrives

10/2011: Citizenship

Timeline

How long does packet 3 take to arrive, they mailed it last Monday the 13th and still hasn't arrived.

I have my I-134 financial affidavit ready and support documents, my I-601 hardship waiver ready with

hardship letter and support documents. I just need packet 3 I have filled out DS230, DS256, DS256K forms and statement of intent to marry I just need my freakin packet 3 with the appointment letter. I've decided that I can not risk mailing these to her, so I'm planning on meeting her in Juarez Dec. 2-6.

If we don't receive packet 3 can we still go for an interview?

If I'm missing anything please let me know.

Thanks

Time Line

01-13-06- sent I-129f to Neb

01-23-06- Receive NOA1

03-31-06- I-129f sent to El Paso TX

04-03-06- touched

06-14-06- letter from El Paso, I-129f sent there by mistake!!!!

06-28-06- contacted congressman, I-129f is in CSC

07-04-06- Received in California, finally 3 months wasted!

08-10-06- sent in RFE

08-18-06- RFE lost in mail

09-20-06- resent RFE

09-08-06- received my RFE

09-14-06- touched

09-14-06- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

11-05-07- Interview

11-05-07- VISA received

11-05-07- US entry El Paso, Tx.

12-18-07- Married

AOS

02-02-08- Filed

02-14-08- NOA1

03-08-08- Biometrics

04-16-08- EAD ordered

05-14-08- EAD re-ordered

05-23-08- EAD recieved in mail

09-13-08- Recieved 2nd biometrics appointment

10-02-08- 2nd Biometrics- wrong A#

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

As long as they mailed it, you can go. You don't need anything out of that packet, if you've already filled out your forms, which you have. Them mailing it means your case is ready to be interviewed at the Consulate-they don't give a flying flip whether or not you actually received it. As long as you have the forms filled out.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Timeline

It takes about four weeks to receive the packet. You need the appointment letter from the packet for the medical and to get into the consulate. You can go to the information booth and try to get a copy of the letter - it has worked for others.

Not sure why you have all those forms filled out since they are not in the Fiance Packet - you should double check the necessary forms on the CDJ website.

Timeline
It takes about four weeks to receive the packet. You need the appointment letter from the packet for the medical and to get into the consulate. You can go to the information booth and try to get a copy of the letter - it has worked for others.

Not sure why you have all those forms filled out since they are not in the Fiance Packet - you should double check the necessary forms on the CDJ website.

The CDJ website has the DS156k form listed and the Intent to marry in the fiancee packet section .

But the instructions list the DS-156. I guess I'm trying to cover all bases, I haven't seen what is in

packet 3. Do you know what is required from CDJ?

thanks

Time Line

01-13-06- sent I-129f to Neb

01-23-06- Receive NOA1

03-31-06- I-129f sent to El Paso TX

04-03-06- touched

06-14-06- letter from El Paso, I-129f sent there by mistake!!!!

06-28-06- contacted congressman, I-129f is in CSC

07-04-06- Received in California, finally 3 months wasted!

08-10-06- sent in RFE

08-18-06- RFE lost in mail

09-20-06- resent RFE

09-08-06- received my RFE

09-14-06- touched

09-14-06- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

11-05-07- Interview

11-05-07- VISA received

11-05-07- US entry El Paso, Tx.

12-18-07- Married

AOS

02-02-08- Filed

02-14-08- NOA1

03-08-08- Biometrics

04-16-08- EAD ordered

05-14-08- EAD re-ordered

05-23-08- EAD recieved in mail

09-13-08- Recieved 2nd biometrics appointment

10-02-08- 2nd Biometrics- wrong A#

Timeline

You need exactly what is listed on the website under "Fiance". There is no DS-230, no 256 - I'm thinking that was a typo. The DS-156 and supplement are required - one is for all non-immigrant applicants, the other is specific to the Fiance Visa. You need the appointment letter as well.

Here is the information from my post of the contents:

1) The letter: "This office is pleased to inform you that it can begin to process your fiance visa case. Please read and follow all of the enclosed instructions very carefully". The letter includes his case number.

2) Notice about payment of visa fee at Banamex - same as website

3) Instructions - same as website

4) Evidence to meet the public charge provision - same as website

5) Instructions for medical exam - same as website

6) DS-156 forms - "Solicitud de Visa de no immigrante" same as website, outdated and almost impossible to read

7) DS-156 form supplement "Solicitud de Visa de No-Immigrante para prometido" same as website, outdated and almost impossible to read

8) Letter of intent

Edited by kitkat1

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

If they require a letter to get in, that's a new thing. We weren't ever asked to show a letter-pretty much if you tell them what kind of Visa you're there for or that you have "cita abierta" they let you in.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Timeline
If they require a letter to get in, that's a new thing. We weren't ever asked to show a letter-pretty much if you tell them what kind of Visa you're there for or that you have "cita abierta" they let you in.

Hhmmm - not sure when they changed that but you need it for both medical and to get into the consulate for as long as I've been researching which is close to a year now (WOW!!)

BTW - did you see my CURP information for you on i2us?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone! We got our packet from CDJ yeserday!!!

2 questions for those who have been there...

1. Which hotel is closest or highly recommended?

2. What is invloved with the medical exam?

Thanks and tally ho!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.