waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello to all who will head through Juarez...

I've been away from VJ for awhile, but am getting back into things since my fiance is coming soon. I wish you all luck with Juarez. It can be a frustrating experience. If you have any questions or need anything, let me know!

Buena suerte!

Naturalization (N-400)

5/17/2010 application sent to Texas Lockbox

5/20/2010 check cashed

5/25/2010 NOA

6/07/2010 biometrics letter received

6/16/2010 biometrics appointment

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
I tried to update the list and paste it in here but the formatting got all messed up. So if anyone is interested in easily comparing dates, I attached an updated list (without NOA1 or RFE info since it is no longer relevant) in a Word doc. :luv:

:luv:

Thank u very much Kit Kat! great list! I already downloaded it.

familytogether.gif

K1 HOLDER

AOS 1 APR 2007 .................................. DENIED

AOS 2 DEC 2007.................................. DENIED

WAIVER MAY 2008............................... DENIED

MOTION TO REOPEN JULY 2008............. GRANTED

AOS JUNE 2009 ................................... GRANTED!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

good luck, Lucy! I'm sure everything will be fine. Every day that goes by and there is no packet in the mail, the worse I feel...I'm sure that you all can relate. I know we will be together at the end of December for 10 days but I feel like I can't handle it if I have to leave him again after that. Does anyone know about holiday schedule for CDJ in December? I know someone said that it is closed on December 1...is it closed after December 15 as are many things in Mexico? I will email them but I don't believe what they tell me so if anyone knows, it would be greatly appreciated.

I tried to update the list and paste it in here but the formatting got all messed up. So if anyone is interested in easily comparing dates, I attached an updated list (without NOA1 or RFE info since it is no longer relevant) in a Word doc. :luv:

Timeline
Does anyone know about holiday schedule for CDJ in December?

http://usembassy.state.gov/CiudadJuarez/wwwhholy.html

Closed on:

November 20 Monday Anniversary of the Mexican Revolution

November 23 Thursday Thanksgiving Day

December 1 Friday Inauguration Day (Mex)

December 25 Monday Christmas Day

January 1 Monday New Year’s Day

January 15 Monday Martin Luther King’s Birthday

I assume they are also closed the day after Thanksgiving but it's not listed here.

Jess, if you can confirm that they have processed the file and are ready for the interview, you don't have to wait for the packet - you can get the official letter at the information booth and use all the forms on the website. But you have to be 100% sure they are ready, otherwise it will be a wasted trip.

Timeline

POLICIAL RECORD -

GIRLS, IT IS NECESARY TO JUAREZ, THE POLICE RECORD ?? IN MEXICO IS KNOWN AS "CARTA DE ANTECEDENTES NO PENALES" ..

I JUST WANT TO KNOW TO SEARCH INFORMATION ON HOW TO GET IT. IF YES.. HAS TO BE NOTARIZED? TRANSLATED?

UN BESOOOO

familytogether.gif

K1 HOLDER

Hola Brenda,

I believe no police record is required, someone correct me if I'm wrong. :P

* * * * * * * * * K-1 VISA * * * * * * * * * * * *

06/21/06: Submitted I-129F to the CSC

10/18/06: NOA2 DATE

01/29/07: MEDICAL IN CDJ

01/30/07: INTERVIEW in CDJ **My fiance receives his visa**

03/31/07-04/08/07: I leave to Mexico and bring back my fiance

04/08/07: U.S. ENTRY at LAX

04/23/07: Married in Vegas

* * * * * * * *AOS, AP, & EAD * * * * * * * * * *

05/24/07: Submitted AOS, AP, EAD

06/01/07: NOA1 for AOS & EAD, NOA1 for AP missing, but they received forms

06/06/07: TOUCHED (AOS, AP, EAD)

06/23/07: RFE for I-864 paperwork

07/03/07: Biometrics for AOS & EAD

07/03/07: TOUCHED (EAD)

07/07/07: Submitted response to RFE

07/18/07: TOUCHED (AOS) They received RFE response

08/08/07: AP APPROVED

08/10/07: EAD APPROVED

10/17/07: AOS interview in Los Angeles -- APPROVED, pending name check :(

02/08/08: Name check has cleared, Notice welcoming new resident is mailed out

02/12/08: Card Production ordered, woohoo

02/15/08: Notice welcoming new resident is received

02/21/08: GREEN CARD IN HAND

08/23/08: After 7 years together . . . Religious wedding ceremony and HUGE PARTY in Jalisco, Mexico (we deserve it)

08/24-08/30: Spend our honeymoon in Acapulco, Mexico

Link to video clip of our wedding: http://www.youtube.com/user/dstradaproducc...f/1/wHiId9HZVRc

Nov. 2009: File to Remove Conditions

Timeline

Thanks for the info. I had heard that you can go and get the letter there. However, they won't confirm that the processing is done and I don't want to buy tickets and then find out there that they won't see my honey. I'm not sure how to get them to confirm this. They just keep saying that they will send a packet when they finishing processing... Kitkat, you seem to know a lot about the process...have you ever heard of this thing about your file arriving electronically and then later in boxes?

Does anyone know about holiday schedule for CDJ in December?

http://usembassy.state.gov/CiudadJuarez/wwwhholy.html

Closed on:

November 20 Monday Anniversary of the Mexican Revolution

November 23 Thursday Thanksgiving Day

December 1 Friday Inauguration Day (Mex)

December 25 Monday Christmas Day

January 1 Monday New Year’s Day

January 15 Monday Martin Luther King’s Birthday

I assume they are also closed the day after Thanksgiving but it's not listed here.

Jess, if you can confirm that they have processed the file and are ready for the interview, you don't have to wait for the packet - you can get the official letter at the information booth and use all the forms on the website. But you have to be 100% sure they are ready, otherwise it will be a wasted trip.

Timeline
have you ever heard of this thing about your file arriving electronically and then later in boxes?

It makes some sense that they send it first electronically and then the actual, physical file arrives later when the NVC send a batch, just like the way the service center sends in batches to NVC. Other consulates do it exactly this way so I suppose CDJ does too but we haven't heard about it specifically.

I agree that you cannot go without knowing that they are ready - but I really don't think you have much longer to wait.

Brenda, no police records are necessary like UCLA cutie said.

Hi everyone,

Here I go again with one of my longggg questions. These questions pertain to the I-134 affidavit of support. For question 7, where it asks about all the personal property value, real estate property, life insurance etc. Well, if my dad’s income meets the poverty limits (my dad is my co-sponsor), he doesn’t have to provide any other information right? I am just trying to make this as simple as possible, and if his income meets the poverty line, I just want to include his income (along with tax transcripts, employment letter, pay stubs) and also his bank deposits (with bank letter). This should suffice right? The only other thing he could qualify would be real estate, but that would involve having to get a letter from a real estate agent, etc. (not to mention more paperwork).

I am also including my financial info. (my employment letter, bank statements, previous tax returns, pay stubs, etc). Although I believe my info. may not be enough since I have only been at my job for about 9 months. Anyway, my question was, If my dad’s income meets the poverty limit, no other asset info. needs to be used correct?

How exciting, it's almost time for Lucy & Fernando's interview, hopefully everything goes great for them.

kitkat, the CDJ waiting room file looks great, wow we are all getting closer to interviews! :yes:

08/23/08: After 7 years together . . . Religious wedding ceremony and HUGE PARTY in Jalisco, Mexico (we deserve it)

Link to video clip of our wedding: http://www.youtube.com/user/dstradaproducc...f/1/wHiId9HZVRc

Timeline
If my dad’s income meets the poverty limit, no other asset info. needs to be used correct?

As long as his income meets the poverty guidelines for his household members + your fiance, it's not necessary to include anything else. I don't think it's necessary for you to include any of your financial information when using a sponsor but I'm not 100% sure.

Timeline

HELLO GIRLS!

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSES! i HOPE ALL OF YOU ARE HAVING A GREAT SATURDAY.

i RECEIVED TODAY A FEDEX PACKAGE FROM MY CO SPONSOR, SHE IS MY COUSIN, ALMOST MY SISTER, SHE IS SENDING ME BANK LETTER, BANK STATEMENTS, LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT WITH SALARY, ETC, THE 134, ALL NOTARIZED.

BUT DID NOT SEND TAX TRANSCRIPS BECAUSE SHE SAID THE 134 DOES NOT ASK FOR THEM!! :( (WHICH IS ACTUALLY TRUE).. SHE CHECK THE CDJ WEBSITE AND SHE INSISTS THE SITE SAYS: "SEND ANY OF THE FOLLOWING" ;) IM CONFUSSED... DO YOU GUYS THINK I HAVE TO PUT SOME PRESSURE ON HER AND ASK HER TO SEND ME TAX STUFF..? BECAUSE I READ ALL THE TIME, EVERYBODY IS TAKING TAX STATEMENTS TO THEIR INTERVIEWS..

UN ABRAZOOOOOOO :dance:

familytogether.gif

K1 HOLDER

Timeline
YOU GUYS THINK I HAVE TO PUT SOME PRESSURE ON HER AND ASK HER TO SEND ME TAX STUFF..? BECAUSE I READ ALL THE TIME, EVERYBODY IS TAKING TAX STATEMENTS TO THEIR INTERVIEWS..

Technically, tax returns are not required and since CDJ doesn't use the I-134 it seems like you don't need them. (You can still use the I-134 - it's easier). Does your cousin live in the US now? I'm under the impression a joint sponsor must be a U.S. citizen or Legal Permanent Resident but I'm not 100% sure.

http://usembassy.state.gov/CiudadJuarez/wwwfof167.pdf

RECURSOS PROPIOS DEL PETICIONARIO/SOLICITANTE:

El peticionario/solicitante que espera cumplir con las disposiciones de la Ley respecto a carga pública mediante recursos económicos propios, puede presentar al Funcionario Consular evidencia de recursos o ingresos que provengan de una o más de las siguientes fuentes:

1. Declaración de un funcionario bancario indicando el saldo actual de la cuenta del peticionario/solicitante, fecha de apertura de la cuenta, monto de los depósitos, retiro de fondos efectuados en los ultimos 12 meses y saldo promedio anual (si recientemente ha habido depositos de sumas considerables, fuera de lo habitual, se deberá dar una explicación al respecto);

2. Prueba de titularidad de propiedades o de bienes raíces, en la forma de título, escritura o su equivalente, y una carta de un abogado, banquero o contador, o el responsable de una inmobiliaria donde figure la evaluación actual (se deberá declarar cualesquier hipoteca o préstamo sobre éstos);

3. Certificados verificando la posesión de acciones y bonos indicando el valor actual en plaza o las ganancias

esperadas;

4. Una declaración de una companía de seguros indicando las pólizas que posee y el valor de rescate;

5. Prueba de ingresos de inversiones comerciales o de otras fuentes.

Si los recursos financieros provienen de una fuente que no esté en los Estados Unidos se deberá explicar la forma en que se transferirán los recursos o ingresos a los Estados Unidos.

Timeline

Thank you kit kat!

Yes my cousing is a US citizen, born there. :D Ok I hope will be enough with the documents she is giving me.. she is a doctor so she has enough..

Ayy ojala que nos lleguen pronto the packets!

TIP for fiances traveling to Juarez. check www.interjet.com.mx is a new, executive airline.

Interjet mex to juarez round trip $ 200 dls

Aeromexico mex to cdj round $ 580 dls

Mexicana mex to cdj round $485 dls

;)

familytogether.gif

K1 HOLDER

Timeline
!

TIP for fiances traveling to Juarez. check www.interjet.com.mx is a new, executive airline.

Interjet mex to juarez round trip $ 200 dls

Aeromexico mex to cdj round $ 580 dls

Mexicana mex to cdj round $485 dls

;)

But they don't fly from DF, right? We paid around $450 DF-CDJ-DF but that was a last minute, fully refundable ticket. For the next one, we'll book in advance and hopefully it will be much less expensive. Then one more round trip for me to go there after the visa pick up date and one ONE WAY ticket for my honey to finally come home with me!

Brenda, are you in DF for the holidays? I'm planning to be there early December through mid-January. We might have to meet in person!!!

Thanks for the link to interjet Brenda. :D

But my fiance may need to go thru another airline. From interjet, he would need a flight from guadalajara to toluca, then from toluca to CDJ, then the return flights. If he were to take this route (and happen to get the cheapest flights) it would come out to approximately $350. It would also lead to longer flights and a big detour. Now for about $450, he can get a direct flight from GDL to CDJ from Mexicana. We will probably follow this route.

Have you guys seen how many views our thread has? I bet some of those views are random people on VJ (who aren't even going through CDJ) but get curious to see why our thread is so popular. :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.