waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I thought that they issued the K1 visa on the same day, or early the next day.

I'm British and applied as a resident of Mexico because I had been working there for 2 years. My FM3 expired a few weeks ago just as the visa process was picking up speed so I quit work and Mexico and I'm currently back in Dallas on a tourist visa.

I understand that the consulate is closed on Friday in Ciudad Juarez. The week after dosen't work becaude it's my fiances boys birthday (they'll be 7, I can't miss that). I jsut want to get it done.

So, now I'm thinking of driving down (651 miles) on Saturday afternoon / Sunday morning. That means I'll be ready for the medical first thing on Monday. Talking of which, can you pay for this in cash or bank transfer from the U.S.?

Thanks

Paul

I thought you had to have a vaild FM3??? I am also not mexican but I am here on a FM3 .... Mine was going to expire last month but I got it renew think I would need it for the consulate at Juarez.... ( it really sucks If i didn't really need to renew ... I had my assitant working on it night and day so I would have it by the time I arrive at Juarez :bonk: )

anyways ... you will be there at Juarez the Monday 23??

Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F Sent : 08-21-2008

I-129F NOA1 : 08-29-2008

I-129F NOA2 : 01-28-2009

NVC Received : 02-02-2009

NVC Left : 02-02-2009

Consulate Received : 02-02-2009

Packet 3 Sent from Juarez: 03-02-2009

Packet 3 Received : 03-12-2009

Interview Date : 03-25-2009

Visa Received : Approved!!!!!

DHL received: 03-26-2009 around 4

Date of US Entry: 04-15-2009

Date of Wedding: 04-19-2009

I-129f was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

You will not be disappointed in choosing Holiday Inn Express, Make sure you take advantage of the Continental Breakfast between 6-10am. It is not just toast and cereal. They also provide eggs, refried beans, and another hot dish which changes dailyl (Please pick up your plates after eating, as their is no actual "bus boy". Their is a gentleman who is their, and after speaking with him, he clarified the situation, so thought I would pass the word)

Medical Exam: I would recommend to arrive before 5:30am. How early that is up to you! I send my boyfriend at 5:30am which he thought I was nuts but then he said there was a lot, but a lot of people there already.

There was a couple in which we became friends with and they said they would hear people getting ready as early as 3am. we were sound asleep and did not hear anything until the alarm sounded off. Again this are my suggestions. If you arrive over the weekend, I would recommend to make friends with people who have been there a couple of days already and get the latest inside scoop! Or just let the "Dumbo" ears do the work :lol:

CG

229248abu3e9v4w9.gif

• AOS Status
  • 03-10-11 Day 00 = AOS FedEx overnight
  • 03-11-11 Day 01 = AOS at Chicago Lockbox FedEx Confirmation
  • 04-11-11 Day 32 = AOS Text/eMail Confirmation
  • 04-14-11 Day 35 = NOA (EAD & AOS)
  • 04-15-11 Day 36 = Bio-Metrics NOA
  • 05-10-11 Day 61 = Bio-Metrics Appointment
  • 05-17-11 Day 68 = Submitted Request to Correct Name on 485 & 765
  • 05-23-11 Day 74 = Status online shows I-765 (EAD) Approved
  • 06-02-11 Day 84 = EAD arrived in the mail
  • 06-02-11 Day 84 = Went to SSA office (name wrong on Master Immigration List)
  • 06-12-11 Day 95 = InfoPass to correct name
  • 06-12-11 Day 95 = SSA office again Pending name update
  • 06-??-11 Day ?? = Received Social Security Card
  • 08-03-11 Day 146 = AOS Interview

Timeline
You will not be disappointed in choosing Holiday Inn Express, Make sure you take advantage of the Continental Breakfast between 6-10am. It is not just toast and cereal. They also provide eggs, refried beans, and another hot dish which changes dailyl (Please pick up your plates after eating, as their is no actual "bus boy". Their is a gentleman who is their, and after speaking with him, he clarified the situation, so thought I would pass the word)

Medical Exam: I would recommend to arrive before 5:30am. How early that is up to you! I send my boyfriend at 5:30am which he thought I was nuts but then he said there was a lot, but a lot of people there already.

There was a couple in which we became friends with and they said they would hear people getting ready as early as 3am. we were sound asleep and did not hear anything until the alarm sounded off. Again this are my suggestions. If you arrive over the weekend, I would recommend to make friends with people who have been there a couple of days already and get the latest inside scoop! Or just let the "Dumbo" ears do the work :lol:

CG

By the way did you get approved? if not what was the reason.... ( I see on your time line you have a second interview)

Vermont Service Center

Anyone know if the pool will be open at the holiday inn next to the consulate in April? I know I could call but just checking if anyone here knows.

If you are referring to the swimming pool at the holiday Inn, it is open, but i don't think any one was using it as it was cold when I was there! :huh:

The map I provided from Google does NOT show the latest snap shot.

By the way did you get approved? if not what was the reason.... ( I see on your time line you have a second interview)

I can not say exactly as the official did not give a straight forward answer. According to my boyfriend, the rep simply said that he does not believe my boyfriend was telling the truth regarding his visits to the US. (We were upfront about him not having papers and crossing illegally).

CG

229248abu3e9v4w9.gif

• AOS Status

Timeline
Anyone know if the pool will be open at the holiday inn next to the consulate in April? I know I could call but just checking if anyone here knows.

If you are referring to the swimming pool at the holiday Inn, it is open, but i don't think any one was using it as it was cold when I was there! :huh:

The map I provided from Google does NOT show the latest snap shot.

I can not say exactly as the official did not give a straight forward answer. According to my boyfriend, the rep simply said that he does not believe my boyfriend was telling the truth regarding his visits to the US. (We were upfront about him not having papers and crossing illegally).

CG

How old was he when he crossed illegally? So how come he has to go again to a second interview

Vermont Service Center

How old was he when he crossed illegally? So how come he has to go again to a second interview

It was a few years ago. He was not a kid. Again, the official simply said he did not believe him, so needs to go back in 3 months.

229248abu3e9v4w9.gif

• AOS Status

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Did anyone add a Mexican's CURP number on the DS156 application? I think it's line 14 that asks for a national number and the Curp would be the closest thing to a national number. I wrote none but now I'm starting to wonder if I should have filled it in. Can anyone say if they filled this in or left it blank and if it will be a problem leaving it blank. We are less than 3 weeks from the interview so I'm really trying to get everything done and triple checked. Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Did anyone add a Mexican's CURP number on the DS156 application? I think it's line 14 that asks for a national number and the Curp would be the closest thing to a national number. I wrote none but now I'm starting to wonder if I should have filled it in. Can anyone say if they filled this in or left it blank and if it will be a problem leaving it blank. We are less than 3 weeks from the interview so I'm really trying to get everything done and triple checked. Thanks.

We left it blank with no problems. :thumbs:

I-129F:

Feb. 12, 2008-I met Aldo while vacationing on the Riviera Maya in Mexico

Aug. 29, 2008-K1 application filed by our attorney

Sept. 2, 2008-NOA1

Dec. 16, 2008-NOA2

Mar. 4, 2009-Interview at Juarez Embassy-visa issued

Apr. 13, 2009-POE JFK Airport, NYC (Temporary 90-day work stamp received)

April 18, 2009-Wedding!!!

AOS:

May 26, 2009-Filed for AOS w/ EAD & AP

June 2, 2009-NOA

June 26, 2009-Transferred to CSC

July 10, 2009-Biometrics taken

July 15, 2009-AP Received (approved July 9)

July 20, 2009-EAD Card received (approved July 8)

Aug. 10, 2009-Green Card Received!

Filed: Timeline

O.K., I'm starting to put all of my documents together for the interview next week.

We have both been married previously and I have just noted that they require the original proof of termination. I have copies in both cases.

I have no idea where my original is. In fact, when I first applied for the visa, I had to request a copy from the local government office.

Surely copies will be O.K.

Paul

Timeline
O.K., I'm starting to put all of my documents together for the interview next week.

We have both been married previously and I have just noted that they require the original proof of termination. I have copies in both cases.

I have no idea where my original is. In fact, when I first applied for the visa, I had to request a copy from the local government office.

Surely copies will be O.K.

Paul

We used a copy as well for my divorce decree. No problems with it.

I-129F:

Sept. 2, 2008-NOA1

Dec. 16, 2008-NOA2

AOS:

June 2, 2009-NOA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Does anyone know for sure if the consulate is picky about the birth certificate? I've read something about "short" and "long" form and that the consulate will only accept the long form. I'm sort of worried about this since my fiance is in the process of getting a new birth certificate from the D.F. When she applied for her passport, they kept her original birth certificate and would not give it back. I know that here in Queretaro it is possible to get a birth certificate copy very fast but it doesn't look the same as the original. It is basically just a sheet of paper with all the info on it. I suspect that maybe this is the form the consulate doesn't accept. I'm not sure yet what she will get for hers. Her uncle is visiting tomorrow and is supposed to bring it with him. I'm starting to worry since she is leaving for Juarez in two weeks and she may not have an acceptable birth certificate.

Timeline
Does anyone know for sure if the consulate is picky about the birth certificate? I've read something about "short" and "long" form and that the consulate will only accept the long form. I'm sort of worried about this since my fiance is in the process of getting a new birth certificate from the D.F. When she applied for her passport, they kept her original birth certificate and would not give it back. I know that here in Queretaro it is possible to get a birth certificate copy very fast but it doesn't look the same as the original. It is basically just a sheet of paper with all the info on it. I suspect that maybe this is the form the consulate doesn't accept. I'm not sure yet what she will get for hers. Her uncle is visiting tomorrow and is supposed to bring it with him. I'm starting to worry since she is leaving for Juarez in two weeks and she may not have an acceptable birth certificate.

They didn't even look at Aldo's birth certificate that he brought with him. You mailed a copy of her birth certificate with the I-129F application, right? That's what they used--they have the original packet of everything you originally sent to USCIS and they will open it up at the interview. If you have a hard time getting the long form, or whatever it's called, I would just explain to the embassy, if they ask, that they kept her original birth certificate when she applied for her passport and ask if they can just accept the copy that is included in the original petition. I can't imagine that it will cause any problems for her.

I-129F:

Sept. 2, 2008-NOA1

Dec. 16, 2008-NOA2

AOS:

June 2, 2009-NOA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Diana & I both created videos of our Valentine's Day wedding and posted them on YouTube. We are still waiting on about 40 more pictures from the photographer so maybe I will created a new one in a few weeks.

My version:

Her version:

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline
Diana & I both created videos of our Valentine's Day wedding and posted them on YouTube. We are still waiting on about 40 more pictures from the photographer so maybe I will created a new one in a few weeks.

My version:

Her version:

Congratulations on the wedding!!!! I'm so happy for you guys. You really seem so very much in love with the other. Taking a look at videos shared here give me the strenght and faith that I'll soon be sharing the rest of my life with my loved one!

Wishing you the best!!!!!

erjv5fizz2s0.png

d5nu9o3msuf.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.