waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Package 3 Has Been sent!!!! YIPPY!!! It was sent March 0, a month from when it was sent!

Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F Sent : 08-21-2008

I-129F NOA1 : 08-29-2008

I-129F NOA2 : 01-28-2009

NVC Received : 02-02-2009

NVC Left : 02-02-2009

Consulate Received : 02-02-2009

Packet 3 Sent from Juarez: 03-02-2009

Packet 3 Received : 03-12-2009

Interview Date : 03-25-2009

Visa Received : Approved!!!!!

DHL received: 03-26-2009 around 4

Date of US Entry: 04-15-2009

Date of Wedding: 04-19-2009

I-129f was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Sorry. I posted that before I saw your update. Congratulations!!! Could you give a little more explanation on the DHL thing? I thought that the person received their passport with visa back before leaving the building. That isn't the case now? You have to pick it up from DHL or they deliver it to your hotel? Also, I know you said they didn't ask to see anything really but did you have a police report for him? I'm trying to decide if I need to do that or not. The instructions say that it is only needed if the person has had problems with the law in the past and I've read many posts on here where people say that it's not needed or impossible to get here in Mexico. Since you have successfully completed this process, any help you can give would be great. Thanks and congrats again!!!

I would advise getting the police report just in case. In Mexico it's a certificate of no jail time that you get from the police station. As far as the DHL thing, the embassy sends your passport to the DHL office with a confirmation number. Then it is up to you to call them or check online to see when it is ready, and then you have to go pick it up from the DHL office. Hope this helps! :thumbs:

Were you successful in receiving the visa the next day? Also, how far away is the DHL office from the consulate? I'm really worried about my fiance having to venture to far away from the hotel next to the consulate. Not sure if you asked but I was wondering why it wouldn't be possible to pay DHL and have them deliver the passport and visa to his house in Mexico? I would sure prefer to do that than have my fiance hang around a couple of extra days to get it there. Any insight would be great.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Anyone know if the clinica medica and consulate will be open on the 9th and 10th of April? Not sure if these days are actual Mexican holidays or just days that a lot of people have off work here in Mexico. Also, I've received the letter from the consulate but it is a scan that someone sent me from the states via email. Does anyone know if this will be fine to show at the medical clinic and consulate or does the one sent to the address here in Mexico have some sort of official stamp or signature? I'm just trying to keep this as simple as possible for her so if there is no need to go to the consulate for a letter print out then I don't want to have her do it. Thanks

Hi everyone,

I posted a new topic in the embassy forum asking for help on the I-134 and I got one answer but I was hoping that someone in this thread with specific experience with Mexico might be able to help a bit more.

I'm filling out the affidavit of support for my fiance now and there are a couple of things I'm not sure about. For those of you who were BELOW the poverty line as primary sponsors and didn't file tax returns, did you just write a letter saying why you didn't file tax returns or did you also have to provide "evidence" of your income? As I said in the other thread, I was working in Mexico and it would be really difficult, if not impossible, for me to get letters or any other proof of how much I made. I read in another thread that if you put "0" down on any of the blanks on the form that ask for income/assets, you are not required to PROVE anything.

The other thing is that I've been living in Mexico with my fiance and I'm not sure whether to put my permanent U.S. address on the form or my Mexico address. Someone told me to put my permanent U.S. address, which is not a problem, I just want to be certain that I don't mess anything up by doing this (since I already said that I live with my fiance). Opinions?

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hi everyone,

I posted a new topic in the embassy forum asking for help on the I-134 and I got one answer but I was hoping that someone in this thread with specific experience with Mexico might be able to help a bit more.

I'm filling out the affidavit of support for my fiance now and there are a couple of things I'm not sure about. For those of you who were BELOW the poverty line as primary sponsors and didn't file tax returns, did you just write a letter saying why you didn't file tax returns or did you also have to provide "evidence" of your income? As I said in the other thread, I was working in Mexico and it would be really difficult, if not impossible, for me to get letters or any other proof of how much I made. I read in another thread that if you put "0" down on any of the blanks on the form that ask for income/assets, you are not required to PROVE anything.

The other thing is that I've been living in Mexico with my fiance and I'm not sure whether to put my permanent U.S. address on the form or my Mexico address. Someone told me to put my permanent U.S. address, which is not a problem, I just want to be certain that I don't mess anything up by doing this (since I already said that I live with my fiance). Opinions?

I used a sponsor but I did have a tax return. I would write a brief note just saying that you didn't file. I THINK that even if you work in Mexico aren't you supposed to file a tax return? I am not sure about that. But they are going to look at your sponsor for financial support. I think with the sponsor you will be fine! They are not the IRS and I don't think it is their job to find out why you didn't file! good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Hi everyone. It has been a minute since I posted, so I thought I'd give an update. Everything is going smoothly, actually even better than I expected. Diana doesn't speak English fluently yet and she already found a job! She started last week full time and she takes an ESL class 2 nights out of the week. We are days away from filing AOS and we ended up getting married on Valentine's Day (I will post pictures later, we had a professional photographer come out and snap some pictures but there is a $200 deposit to go and select which pictures we want so we have been putting it off). Anyways, I translated her birth certificate, as seen below. I'm assuming each birth certificate is different for each Mexican state but if you are from Guerrero and want me to send you the word document of the translated birth certificate that I used, just shoot me a message. I was just looking at it and for the last sentence I will probably put "I hereby certify that...." instead of ending the document with a comma followed by "I certify". I was bored and so I tried to make the translation look similar to the original. ;)

I still have to run up to Kinkos and make copies of her BC, passport, NOA 2, etcetera. And as a matter of fact, I am so bored that I am considering making an extra color copy of the BC so I can cut out the border and the stamps and glue them onto my translation so it really looks authentic. :rofl: I think I might do that right now; I will be back in an hour or so to post the results!

BCTranslation.jpg

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Hi everyone,

I used a sponsor but I did have a tax return. I would write a brief note just saying that you didn't file. I THINK that even if you work in Mexico aren't you supposed to file a tax return? I am not sure about that. But they are going to look at your sponsor for financial support. I think with the sponsor you will be fine! They are not the IRS and I don't think it is their job to find out why you didn't file! good luck!

Hi, thanks for the reply! I didn't file because I didn't make enough to file (I made less than the $8,950 requirement). I liked your comment about them not being the IRS, but for us super-paranoid it's all one huge scary big brother-esque system (gee, I hope nobody from the IRS or USCIS is reading this! :blink: )

Hi everyone. It has been a minute since I posted, so I thought I'd give an update. Everything is going smoothly, actually even better than I expected. Diana doesn't speak English fluently yet and she already found a job! She started last week full time and she takes an ESL class 2 nights out of the week. We are days away from filing AOS and we ended up getting married on Valentine's Day (I will post pictures later, we had a professional photographer come out and snap some pictures but there is a $200 deposit to go and select which pictures we want so we have been putting it off). Anyways, I translated her birth certificate, as seen below. I'm assuming each birth certificate is different for each Mexican state but if you are from Guerrero and want me to send you the word document of the translated birth certificate that I used, just shoot me a message. I was just looking at it and for the last sentence I will probably put "I hereby certify that...." instead of ending the document with a comma followed by "I certify". I was bored and so I tried to make the translation look similar to the original. ;)

I still have to run up to Kinkos and make copies of her BC, passport, NOA 2, etcetera. And as a matter of fact, I am so bored that I am considering making an extra color copy of the BC so I can cut out the border and the stamps and glue them onto my translation so it really looks authentic. :rofl: I think I might do that right now; I will be back in an hour or so to post the results!

BCTranslation.jpg

When I got my birth certificate translated into Spanish in Cancun (at $250 pesos per page) the translator went all-out, even copying and cutting out the Pennsylvania state seal and the signature on the BC to paste on to the translation. It was a work of art! I still can't figure out why he changed the spelling to "Pensilvania" and didn't change the spelling of "Pittsburgh" (how could it phonetically be translated? Pitsboorg, as it is most frequently pronounced, I guess).

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I took my documents to be translated by a "professional" and they look like the originals but in english they even copy the seals in the apostille and everything it is indeed a work of art as limejello says.

I'm starting the process, haven't received my NOA1, so i don't have to go to the consulate yet, but I like to be as informed as I can, is better than just waiting

Naturalization

01/09/19 Filled online

01/10/19 NOA date/showed under documents online

01/12/19 Showed online Biometrics appointment had been created

01/15/19 Received NOA in the mail

01/15/19 Biometrics appointment showed under documents online

01/18/19 Received Biometrics appointment in the mail

01/29/19 Biometrics Appointment @Dallas

02/08/19 Interview appointment was scheduled 

03/19/19 Interview @ Fort Smith, AR (passed)

07/04/19 Naturalization Ceremony

Timeline

BCTranslation.jpg

When I got my birth certificate translated into Spanish in Cancun (at $250 pesos per page) the translator went all-out, even copying and cutting out the Pennsylvania state seal and the signature on the BC to paste on to the translation. It was a work of art! I still can't figure out why he changed the spelling to "Pensilvania" and didn't change the spelling of "Pittsburgh" (how could it phonetically be translated? Pitsboorg, as it is most frequently pronounced, I guess).

That is funny. I didn't know they they did it like that. Here is mine, if I put some more time into it, I am sure I could get it much closer to perfection:

BCTranslated.jpg

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

BCTranslation.jpg

That is funny. I didn't know they they did it like that. Here is mine, if I put some more time into it, I am sure I could get it much closer to perfection:

BCTranslated.jpg

Now THAT looks great!

Timeline

BCTranslation.jpg

BCTranslated.jpg

Now THAT looks great!

Thanks! I am currently taking a Spanish-English translation class at the university I attend. Most of the words don't translate word for word. For instance, in place of "muerto" I put "dead" but it is definitely more accurate/appropriate to put "deceased"! :rofl: But I think I will keep it the same cause I don't feel like going through the trouble of changing it.

Edited by Confucian

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hi everyone! Thanks for all your words of encouragement. :) Sorry I haven't been able to give an update all day. I've been over at our new house cleaning to keep my mind off of the interview. Aldo got the visa!! :dancing: He said it was so simple. He got to the embassy this morning at 7 am. They checked to make sure he had all the documents he needed, and then they sent him back to his hotel room because he had brought his cell phone with him. :bonk: So he came back and they gave him a fast pass to go right inside. He said he was really nervous because the guy interviewing in front of him received a ten year ban. But he said the CO just asked him where we met, where I was born, the year I was born, the names of my parents and if he had met my family. The only documents he even wanted to see were my financial documents. And then he just said congratulations and sent him on his way! That was the smooth part, however we hit a snag after that. :o The CO officer gave him a case number for DHL and told him his passport with the visa should be ready by about 3 pm (he was finished with the interview by noon). He kept calling and checking the online status, and told the people at DHL that he needed his passport back today because his flight was scheduled to leave tomorrow morning at 6 am. Well, their office closed at 6 pm and his passport wasn't ready, so he didn't get it. :angry: He called to try and change his flight to go back on Friday, but they were all sold out so he is stuck in Juarez until Saturday. It's costing about an extra $300 for him to stay, with the cost to change the flight and the two extra nights in the hotel. I guess if SOMETHING had to go wrong, I'm glad it was with that and not with the interview! Everything can't always go perfect and really, up until now, we have had a breeze of a journey. I am SO incredibly relieved to have this over!! I wish he was coming up here right now, but we have to wait another month. Oh well, it's all worth it. :D So there you go! Hopefully all of you will have a smooth ride as well! Best of luck to everyone!!

Congratulations on the visa! I'm so happy for you guys and wish you the best of the best in life (L)

erjv5fizz2s0.png

d5nu9o3msuf.png

Wow Nate, you're really going all out with that BC. All I did was put my certification sentence and translation all on 1 page, no graphics. I thought mine looked pretty good haha, but yours does too.

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

I-485, I-131, I-765 sent: 9/18

NOAs for forms - all rec'd 10/24

Biometrics appt letter - rec'd 11/01; walk-in 11/12

EAD approved 12/22; card production 12/24

AP 12/22 approved; 12/29 received in mail

2009 3/6 AOS interview: approved!

2011 ROC

Submitted I-751 01/20/2011

NOA1 01/24/2011

Biometrics Letter rec'd 02/07/2011

Biometrics Appointment 2/28/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.