waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
I'm fixing to go to my interview in the next couple of weeks, but I just realized that all the planning I had done might have been in vain now.

Do I have to go to the NEW US Embassy or the OLD one?

If it's thew new one, then how far is it from the old one?

Could I stay at a hotel close to the old one and be able to walk to the new one? I was thinking about staying at Los Cedros hotel that is recommended here in the site.

Thanks

From what I understand, the old consulate is all the way across town from the new one. The old one is completely closed, so you can't go to that one, and the old one is in a very bad part of town so I don't think I would recommend staying near the old consulate. My fiance is staying at the Holiday Inn Express--it is right next to the new consulate. You might want to check into that. Good luck! ;)

Any idea on how much the night runs there? My price range is 50 bucks a night. Or does anyone have any other suggestion?

I'm fixing to go to my interview in the next couple of weeks, but I just realized that all the planning I had done might have been in vain now.

Could I stay at a hotel close to the old one and be able to walk to the new one? I was thinking about staying at Los Cedros hotel that is recommended here in the site.

Thanks

Arianna, good to see things have progressed well for you. Don't panic the finish line is in sight. :star:

The new embassy is not very close to the old one at all. I personally did not find the area around the old one very dangerous, but the new one is in area of town which is very modern/new and has better accomodations.

But I would skip the Los Cedros, because it is about twenty minutes away. And there should be hotels within walking distance of the new building.

Brian

Thanks, I am trying to figure this out in time to make it in the next 3 weeks and save as much money as possible.

Also, I am right now in Las Vegas and will be flying to El Paso to cross over to CDJ. What is the easyest and cheapest way to get across? Someone had recommended a Taxi driver but I lost that information.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks again!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks

From what I understand, the old consulate is all the way across town from the new one. The old one is completely closed, so you can't go to that one, and the old one is in a very bad part of town so I don't think I would recommend staying near the old consulate. My fiance is staying at the Holiday Inn Express--it is right next to the new consulate. You might want to check into that. Good luck! ;)

Any idea on how much the night runs there? My price range is 50 bucks a night. Or does anyone have any other suggestion?

The Holiday Inn is more like $70 a night, but I'm sure there are other hotels in that area that are cheaper. Maybe someone else can recommend something.

I-129F:

Feb. 12, 2008-I met Aldo while vacationing on the Riviera Maya in Mexico

Aug. 29, 2008-K1 application filed by our attorney

Sept. 2, 2008-NOA1

Dec. 16, 2008-NOA2

Mar. 4, 2009-Interview at Juarez Embassy-visa issued

Apr. 13, 2009-POE JFK Airport, NYC (Temporary 90-day work stamp received)

April 18, 2009-Wedding!!!

AOS:

May 26, 2009-Filed for AOS w/ EAD & AP

June 2, 2009-NOA

June 26, 2009-Transferred to CSC

July 10, 2009-Biometrics taken

July 15, 2009-AP Received (approved July 9)

July 20, 2009-EAD Card received (approved July 8)

Aug. 10, 2009-Green Card Received!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks

The Holiday Inn is more like $70 a night, but I'm sure there are other hotels in that area that are cheaper. Maybe someone else can recommend something.

I booked the Holiday Inn Express over the weekend for our upcoming appointment. $42 plus taxes per night. Total of $99 for the 2 nights. Check www.orbitz.com

Timeline
Thinking now about how to get everything together... what are your recommendations on how to put all of our forms and documents and evidence, etc. together? Would it be ok to go with a 3-ring binder/sheet protectors? I know I'm being picky here but I'm the organized one, and I want it to be easy for my fiancee to sort through everything for his interview. Photos in a baggie or would it be ok for me to attach them to pieces of paper with captions?

Any tips or tricks for improving memory (apart from drills)? I have mentioned before, my fiancee has the worst memory on the planet (I have to laugh...My dad goes from being "John" to "Tom"). Strangely enough, he can remember a face that he'd seen 2 years ago on a bus for 10 seconds but he can't remember what year I was born.

The binder and sheet protectors are exactly what I used. I just printed out about 6 pictures per page with captions underneath and put them in the sheet protectors. I'll let you know after Wednesday if it worked ok. ;) Wish I could give you some advice on the memory thing...it's fortunate that Aldo is the one going for the interview and not me. I have a horrible memory, but he remembers absolutely everything, down to the most insignificant things.

Hi there, old timer here just to say that a binder may not be the best idea (unless the rings are made of plastic) because of the metal detectors that they have at the consulate. I had a small binder-like photo book with me when I went to my interview, and I had to leave it with the guards at the door. They told me that I could come back for it if I needed it, which I was lucky I didn't, but I think that if you have more info in it that he would need I wouldn't risk it.

Just my 2 cents.

Best of lucks in your interviews! :thumbs:

May 1996: Met in Mexico
K1
March 7th, 2006: Sent 129F to NSC
March 9th, 2006: NOA1 Day 1
June 15th, 2006: Notice of transfer to CSC
October 3rd, 2006: IMBRA RFE e-mail
October 17th, 2006 CSC e-mail confirming RFE receipt.
October 18th, 2006: NOA2!!!!!!!! 224 days!
October 25th, 2006: NVC received file
November 10th, 2006: Received Packet from CDJ
January 5th, 2007: Visa approved!!!! 302 days!
February 16th, 2007: Civil Ceremony
AOS
February 21st, 2007: Mailed AOS, EAD & AP to Chicago
March 1st, 2007: NOA1 - Day 1
March 26th, 2007: I-485 transferred to CSC - Day 25
March 30th, 2007: Biometrics appointment - Day 29
April 14th, 2007: Big Wedding!!!!
May 8th, 2007: AP Approved - Day 68
May 10th, 2007: EAD Approved- Day 70
September 20th, 2007: SECOND Biometrics appointment - Day 203
December 4th, 2007: AOS approved!!!! 278 days!
December 10th, 2007: Received GC - Day 284
Removal of Conditions
August 31st, 2009: Mailed I-751 to CSC
September 2nd, 2009: NOA1 - Day 1
October 15th, 2009: Biometrics appointment - Day 44
October 26th, 2009: 10 year GC approved!! - Day 55
October 31st, 2009: Received GC - Day 60

NATURALIZATION

May 7th, 2013: Mailed N-400

May 9th, 2013: NOA1 - Day 1

June 10th, 2013: Biometrics Appointment - Day 33

September 5th, 2013: Interview - Day

September 27th, 2013: Oath Ceremony- Day

Timeline

I have a question about translation of documents. I just called the 800 # to ask whether or not our translated documents need to be notarized for the interview in Juarez. They said we don't need to translate anything that she brings to the interview as long as they are originals. I have seen previous posts on VJ stating that people were taking their translated documents with them, and I know that the answers from the Juarez hotline aren't always accurate. Does anyone know whether or not we need to translate her Spanish documents?

Thank You!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks

What does this mean for the medical exams then? Did the clinics move close to the new consulate or are they still located by the old one? Thanks

Timeline

Thanks

What does this mean for the medical exams then? Did the clinics move close to the new consulate or are they still located by the old one? Thanks

There is still a clinic by the old embassy, but there is also a new clinic by the new embassy. Someone on here said that when the new clinic starts getting overly full, they start bussing people over to the old clinic.

I-129F:

Sept. 2, 2008-NOA1

Dec. 16, 2008-NOA2

AOS:

June 2, 2009-NOA

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks

Yes thats true...but they bring you back too! People start lining up at the new clinic around 6am, get there early, just 2 min from the Holiday Inn

Marko

There is still a clinic by the old embassy, but there is also a new clinic by the new embassy. Someone on here said that when the new clinic starts getting overly full, they start bussing people over to the old clinic.

Documents do not have to be translated as long as they are in english or spanish. Take the oringinals, but take COPIES, they might want to see the originals, but if they want to keep something, insist they keep a copy if it is something important.

"Tall, dark and handsome with an amazing smile. He gave me butterflies every time he looked my way. I knew he was the one."- Me

I-129F NOA1 : April 5, 2008

I-129F NOA2 : April 28, 2008

NVC Left : Aug.18, 2008

Packet 3 Received: Sept. 3, 2008

Interview Date : Dec. 18, 2008

APPROVED!!!!

Dec. 19, 2008- Alfredo comes home!

Jan. 5, 2009: Alfredo and I become husband and Wife

March 10, 2009 AOS paperwork sent, will wait for it to arrive via tracking #

March 12, 2009 AOS paperwork arrives in Chicago

March 23, 2009 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765

March 30, 2009-Biometrics letter received, appt date April 10th @11am philly office

April 10, 2009-Biometrics appt. done, in and out in 15 minutes

Nov. 18, 2009-Card production ordered

9q7SPs.jpg

weddingpics082-1.jpg

IgJym4.png

Timeline
Documents do not have to be translated as long as they are in english or spanish. Take the oringinals, but take COPIES, they might want to see the originals, but if they want to keep something, insist they keep a copy if it is something important.

Thank You!

Timeline

Thanks

Try this link: It will take you to a Juarez map showing the Consulate, medical clinic, hotels, etc....

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp...019054&z=16

Edited by vivamex

Timeline

Hi everyone! Just thought I would give you an update since Aldo got to Cuidad Juarez late last night. He is staying at the Holiday Inn Express next to the consulate, and he says the area around the embassy is very nice and he doesn't feel unsafe at all. He got in around midnight last night and said it was very quiet in the area. He went to the embassy this morning at about 7:15 and waited in line at the information window for 40 minutes to have them print out the invitation letter for him. He said it wasn't a problem at all. He just gave them the CDJ #, showed his passport, they printed the letter, and he was on his way. He then went for his medical exam, which he said was easy as well. He was back in the hotel room by 10:30, and they told him to come back at 2 pm for the results. So far, so good! I'm so so so nervous for the embassy interview tomorrow!! :wacko: I'll keep you all posted on how it goes!

I-129F:

Sept. 2, 2008-NOA1

Dec. 16, 2008-NOA2

AOS:

June 2, 2009-NOA

Timeline
Hi everyone! Just thought I would give you an update since Aldo got to Cuidad Juarez late last night. He is staying at the Holiday Inn Express next to the consulate, and he says the area around the embassy is very nice and he doesn't feel unsafe at all. He got in around midnight last night and said it was very quiet in the area. He went to the embassy this morning at about 7:15 and waited in line at the information window for 40 minutes to have them print out the invitation letter for him. He said it wasn't a problem at all. He just gave them the CDJ #, showed his passport, they printed the letter, and he was on his way. He then went for his medical exam, which he said was easy as well. He was back in the hotel room by 10:30, and they told him to come back at 2 pm for the results. So far, so good! I'm so so so nervous for the embassy interview tomorrow!! :wacko: I'll keep you all posted on how it goes!

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear all is going well so far. Did he say anything about the increased military presence? They put 3,000 additional troops in the city over the weekend, 1,000 more today and I think another group of 1,000 is on the way. I'm sure you are nervous. We are too and we are a month and a half away from going!

Timeline

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear all is going well so far. Did he say anything about the increased military presence? They put 3,000 additional troops in the city over the weekend, 1,000 more today and I think another group of 1,000 is on the way. I'm sure you are nervous. We are too and we are a month and a half away from going!

Yeah, I was reading that too. He said he didn't notice anything at all in the area around the embassy. Maybe the military is doing a good job keeping the turbulence far from that area. I hope so anyway! :thumbs:

I-129F:

Sept. 2, 2008-NOA1

Dec. 16, 2008-NOA2

AOS:

June 2, 2009-NOA

Timeline

Hey,

Luck!! we wish you the best!!

Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F Sent : 08-21-2008

I-129F NOA1 : 08-29-2008

I-129F NOA2 : 01-28-2009

NVC Received : 02-02-2009

NVC Left : 02-02-2009

Consulate Received : 02-02-2009

Packet 3 Sent from Juarez: 03-02-2009

Packet 3 Received : 03-12-2009

Interview Date : 03-25-2009

Visa Received : Approved!!!!!

DHL received: 03-26-2009 around 4

Date of US Entry: 04-15-2009

Date of Wedding: 04-19-2009

I-129f was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.