waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Why does everything for Mexico seem to be different than the rest of the world? Can someone tell me if the fee for K1 is $131? The information on the consulate's website doesn't say anything about the cost of the K1, only the K3 or K4. It's frustrating when you can't get the correct information from the consulate's website. Also, do we need to pay an additional fee for the K2 visa for her daughter or is that included with the K1 fee? Thanks

The fee for the K1 is $131 too. You don't have to pay anything extra for her daughter except for the medical examination fee of $55.

I-129F:

Feb. 12, 2008-I met Aldo while vacationing on the Riviera Maya in Mexico

Aug. 29, 2008-K1 application filed by our attorney

Sept. 2, 2008-NOA1

Dec. 16, 2008-NOA2

Mar. 4, 2009-Interview at Juarez Embassy-visa issued

Apr. 13, 2009-POE JFK Airport, NYC (Temporary 90-day work stamp received)

April 18, 2009-Wedding!!!

AOS:

May 26, 2009-Filed for AOS w/ EAD & AP

June 2, 2009-NOA

June 26, 2009-Transferred to CSC

July 10, 2009-Biometrics taken

July 15, 2009-AP Received (approved July 9)

July 20, 2009-EAD Card received (approved July 8)

Aug. 10, 2009-Green Card Received!

Timeline
Maybe your right, vivamex. I don't want to screw things up by changing my address this far into the process.

Since I didn't receive the NOA1 and the mail here is notoriously unreliable, I can pretty much guarantee that I won't get the NOA2 OR the NVC letter. If that is the case, can I go to the Juarez embassy with only the NVC case number (no letter at all) if I call them and confirm that they HAVE sent the invitation letter out?

Check page 188 of this thread. Someone has done this before, so it looks like you can go after you confirm that they have sent the invitation letter. I'm one of those people that have to see it to believe it, so I'm waiting until I have the invitation letter in hand before traveling that far with my fiance. Have you signed up for case status updates via email with USCIS? If not you should do so. They will send you an email confirmation once the NOA2 is sent. The NOA2 is then sent to the National Visa Center for processing and forwarding to the Consulate. They will be able to tell you when it will be forwarded and whether they are sending it to the Consulate electronically or by mail. After that you can call and hound the folks at the call center they have set up for visa questions in Mexico. 01-477-788-7070 - Looks like they are in Leon, GTO from the area code. Their answers are vague which is to be expected, but they are the ones that can tell you whether or not the invitation letter has been sent. Keep asking questions until you get the answers you want....the call costs USD $7. Not a pile of money by any means, but it is frustrating when you hang up and then remember you forgot to ask something you really want to know and then you have to call back.

I called the embassy and asked them this very question, and they told me not to worry about waiting for the letter because it's very common for things to get lost in the mail in Mexico. They said some people never receive the letter at all and that it's no problem to just go ahead and go to the embassy because they will just print out the letter for you when you get there.

I-129F:

Sept. 2, 2008-NOA1

Dec. 16, 2008-NOA2

AOS:

June 2, 2009-NOA

I posted the following in a different forum but I'm hoping somebody in here can help me:

I really hope someone with experience can help me with this. The consulate's website does not mention anything about the I-134 in its fiance visa section. Instead, this is the information that they give. http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/root/p...wwwfof167k2.pdf

Does someone have experience with this? Should we do the I-134 or simply follow the instructions of the above information. I'm really lost as to what to do. We need a co-sponsor if we are doing the I-134 because I have been living here in Mexico with her and our family for almost three years so I don't have proof of any income for these last three years. I'm just confused because the information directly from the website doesn't mention anything about the I-134. I'm starting to see that things seem to be a lot different for Mexico and that the general rules and information that apply to the rest of the world don't seem to apply here. When I joined this forum, there was a forum dedicated solely to Mexico and now there isn't. If I follow the above document from the consulate's website, we will most likely follow the directions that say to prove that she will have employment in the USA. We are planning on her working in my mother's office anyway. Does anyone have first hand experience in doing this? Does anyone have first hand experience using the I-134 in Ciudad Juarez to satisfy the public charge information.

If I do an I-134 form, it will be my aunt doing the sponsoring but I have a specific question about that. Number 3 on the affidavit? Whose name goes there, mine or my fiance's? If it's my name on line three, then I assume my fiance's name will be under the spouse heading and then her daughter as well. If it's her name on line three then I don't really understand why they ask for spouse. Please help me!!! Someone with experience dealing with Mexican process.

tglea, I'm pretty much in the same exact boat you're in as far as this goes. I've been here in Mexico for almost 3 years now (the last 2 with my fiancee, and our son together who will be a year old on Feb 28th). I worked in timeshare for a bit but made very little money, definitely not enough to declare earning anything. I'm getting my mom to do an I-134 as my co-sponsor, and I'm going to try to get another relative to be a 2nd co-sponsor.

I told her that VJ saved my life because INS forms and directions are vague at best and sometimes they leave things out that you do need, and ask for things that later you don't need. My fiancee is not going to get a job offer letter from the U.S.. I think the 2 I-134 co-sponsors will be more than enough.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Why does everything for Mexico seem to be different than the rest of the world? Can someone tell me if the fee for K1 is $131? The information on the consulate's website doesn't say anything about the cost of the K1, only the K3 or K4. It's frustrating when you can't get the correct information from the consulate's website. Also, do we need to pay an additional fee for the K2 visa for her daughter or is that included with the K1 fee? Thanks

The fee for the K1 is $131 too. You don't have to pay anything extra for her daughter except for the medical examination fee of $55.

Are you sure about this? I posted this question in another forum before I found this one and I got the opposite answer. That I need to pay $131 for both the K1 and K2. Anyone else care to validate which answer is correct? Thanks

Timeline

Hoping I can get some answers from people with first hand knowledge.

1. The DS-156 form. Does this have to be filled out online? Every time I find a link for this form, it takes me to the dept. of state website. Is this not available in a downloadable pdf like everything else? Is this submitted online or is it printed and taken to the interview? I need to fill out one for my fiance and one for her daughter, correct? The DS-156K only needs to be filled out by my fiance, correct?

2. Can anyone tell me what an expected time line is for the medical testing for a child? It already sucks that they will have to be there for almost a week but I'd like to get a good schedule to follow. I know the medical instructions say 4 days. I read a post once that a child's test was done on Monday and the results picked up on Thursday and then the interview on Friday. Does anyone know which facility is better/faster with testing of children?

3. Has anyone ever been asked at an interview to produce proof that the other parent of a child has given their consent to allow a child to be issued a visa and to live in the USA permanently? We plan on having a notarized letter stating that her father doesn't object. If it's not required to get a visa, will it be required by Mexican or American immigration when attempting to leave/enter the country? Any ideas as to what the letter needs to say exactly. Any links to examples?

4. Does anyone have recommendations, besides a paloma, on what I can take to calm my nerves? :yes: I find myself getting so worked up trying to figure out exactly what needs to be done. She won't be going for the interview until the first or second week of April but I find myself hitting the overload point almost daily when I'm thinking about this stuff. My worst fear, and I'm sure for most others, is that the time and money and risk/danger of Juarez could all be for nothing.

5. Will they do a denial if something is missing or filled out incorrectly or do they give you an opportunity to return the next day with the correct information? I can't stand the idea of them having to be there for a week and the expense if they have to fly back another time.

I think it's ridiculous that the US government is still forcing all K visa applicants to go to Juarez for the interviews. Specially given light of the recent violence and chaos in the city. Some of you who think it's not that bad should spend some time reading online. I see it daily on the TV and in the newspaper here in Mexico and I read about it daily online. Heck, forget about the violence and just think about the geography and population of Mexico. The majority of the population is in the south central region of the country and they choose Juarez as a location for K visas. Incredible! I can't believe that they can't change this with the new war that's going on there. There are 8 other consulates and the Embassy in Mexico City. They all process visas. But no, let's send the loved ones of American citizens to the farthest from a centralized place as possible and the most dangerous city in North America! If you feel the same as I do, I urge you to start sending emails and letters to everyone that you can. Congressmen, NVC, journalists, and news organizations. I've been sending emails to just about everybody and I finally received a response from a journalist who wrote an article about the cartel violence for the Wall Street Journal. He told me that he agreed with my assessment that it isn't right that K applicants are forced to Juarez and he told me he was going to forward my message to his colleagues at the paper and to contacts of his in Washington and at the Embassy in Mexico City. I'm sure it won't change anything overnight, I'm not that naive but I don't ever remember a time in my life when news about Mexico was making so many headlines in the American media. Now is the time to try and do something and draw attention to this fact. It's not right that K applicants still have to go to Juarez to do this. Violence, chaos and risking your life aren't supposed to be a reality when doing things the legal way!

Timeline
Hoping I can get some answers from people with first hand knowledge.

1. The DS-156 form. Does this have to be filled out online? Every time I find a link for this form, it takes me to the dept. of state website. Is this not available in a downloadable pdf like everything else? Is this submitted online or is it printed and taken to the interview? I need to fill out one for my fiance and one for her daughter, correct? The DS-156K only needs to be filled out by my fiance, correct?

This form DOES have to be filled out online and then printed out and taken to the embassy. The reason is because you need the barcode that is on the form.

2. Can anyone tell me what an expected time line is for the medical testing for a child? It already sucks that they will have to be there for almost a week but I'd like to get a good schedule to follow. I know the medical instructions say 4 days. I read a post once that a child's test was done on Monday and the results picked up on Thursday and then the interview on Friday. Does anyone know which facility is better/faster with testing of children?

3. Has anyone ever been asked at an interview to produce proof that the other parent of a child has given their consent to allow a child to be issued a visa and to live in the USA permanently? We plan on having a notarized letter stating that her father doesn't object. If it's not required to get a visa, will it be required by Mexican or American immigration when attempting to leave/enter the country? Any ideas as to what the letter needs to say exactly. Any links to examples?

4. Does anyone have recommendations, besides a paloma, on what I can take to calm my nerves? :yes: I find myself getting so worked up trying to figure out exactly what needs to be done. She won't be going for the interview until the first or second week of April but I find myself hitting the overload point almost daily when I'm thinking about this stuff. My worst fear, and I'm sure for most others, is that the time and money and risk/danger of Juarez could all be for nothing.

5. Will they do a denial if something is missing or filled out incorrectly or do they give you an opportunity to return the next day with the correct information? I can't stand the idea of them having to be there for a week and the expense if they have to fly back another time.

I think it's ridiculous that the US government is still forcing all K visa applicants to go to Juarez for the interviews. Specially given light of the recent violence and chaos in the city. Some of you who think it's not that bad should spend some time reading online. I see it daily on the TV and in the newspaper here in Mexico and I read about it daily online. Heck, forget about the violence and just think about the geography and population of Mexico. The majority of the population is in the south central region of the country and they choose Juarez as a location for K visas. Incredible! I can't believe that they can't change this with the new war that's going on there. There are 8 other consulates and the Embassy in Mexico City. They all process visas. But no, let's send the loved ones of American citizens to the farthest from a centralized place as possible and the most dangerous city in North America! If you feel the same as I do, I urge you to start sending emails and letters to everyone that you can. Congressmen, NVC, journalists, and news organizations. I've been sending emails to just about everybody and I finally received a response from a journalist who wrote an article about the cartel violence for the Wall Street Journal. He told me that he agreed with my assessment that it isn't right that K applicants are forced to Juarez and he told me he was going to forward my message to his colleagues at the paper and to contacts of his in Washington and at the Embassy in Mexico City. I'm sure it won't change anything overnight, I'm not that naive but I don't ever remember a time in my life when news about Mexico was making so many headlines in the American media. Now is the time to try and do something and draw attention to this fact. It's not right that K applicants still have to go to Juarez to do this. Violence, chaos and risking your life aren't supposed to be a reality when doing things the legal way!

Great idea! I will do the same. It is horrible that ANYONE has to go to the embassy in Juarez. My fiance goes Monday and he is beside himself with worry, as am I.

Edited by Amy&Aldo

I-129F:

Sept. 2, 2008-NOA1

Dec. 16, 2008-NOA2

AOS:

June 2, 2009-NOA

Timeline

Are you sure about this? I posted this question in another forum before I found this one and I got the opposite answer. That I need to pay $131 for both the K1 and K2. Anyone else care to validate which answer is correct? Thanks

Hmm...I thought that's what I read, but I guess I could be mistaken. Maybe someone else has better info. Sorry!

I-129F:

Sept. 2, 2008-NOA1

Dec. 16, 2008-NOA2

AOS:

June 2, 2009-NOA

This is my problem as well (you've asked some good questions by the way, and as someone whose fiancee will be interviewing in the first couple of weeks of April, I'm interested any input, too.) Sometimes I get to the "overload" point when I can't stop thinking about it. My fiancee and I have a genuine relationship, and we've been living together since May 2007 but I swear to you he has the WORST memory ever when it comes to dates. I was reading some of the consulate reviews of Juarez and someone was asked what her fiancee's ex wife's name was. I know that maybe it's ok to ask this but I've been divorced since 2005 and I RARELY ever talk about my ex husband, and I have said his name maybe 2 or 3 times since we've been together. Now I'm finding myself having to drill my fiancee on my ex's name and when we divorced and why we divorced, when this is not pertinent information in my current relationship. It bugs me. Maybe it's unnecessary but I'm worried that if he doesn't know this stuff it might lead to a whole new line of questioning from the CO on stuff he knows even less about. Argh.

Timeline

This is my problem as well (you've asked some good questions by the way, and as someone whose fiancee will be interviewing in the first couple of weeks of April, I'm interested any input, too.) Sometimes I get to the "overload" point when I can't stop thinking about it. My fiancee and I have a genuine relationship, and we've been living together since May 2007 but I swear to you he has the WORST memory ever when it comes to dates. I was reading some of the consulate reviews of Juarez and someone was asked what her fiancee's ex wife's name was. I know that maybe it's ok to ask this but I've been divorced since 2005 and I RARELY ever talk about my ex husband, and I have said his name maybe 2 or 3 times since we've been together. Now I'm finding myself having to drill my fiancee on my ex's name and when we divorced and why we divorced, when this is not pertinent information in my current relationship. It bugs me. Maybe it's unnecessary but I'm worried that if he doesn't know this stuff it might lead to a whole new line of questioning from the CO on stuff he knows even less about. Argh.

I think that is my problem as well. Sometimes I just can't stop thinking about it and it keeps stressing me out. But like I said, nobody wants to have all of their time, money and plans taken for something minor or silly. I think I have a pretty good handle on things now. I think I've spent about 20 hours in the past week reading posts and asking questions. I couldn't imagine this process without this website though. I started this process when I was back home in the States in June of 2008. I met with a lawyer there because before I found this site, everything seemed to difficult to do on my own. I've since parted ways with the lawyer and am choosing to do the rest on my own. After I discovered this site, it was obvious that my lawyer didn't know what he was talking about. He gave me incorrect information on a couple very important issues and I couldn't just let that go. I found this lawyer in a phone book and he also had a website. His office was located in the heart of the Mexican/Latino community of my hometown and his specialization was immigration. So much for that making him qualified! I wish I would have found this website before meeting with him. I paid him $700 to do nothing more than fill out and print and mail the 129F and make some copies of evidence to send with the package. I lost on that deal! :angry: That was probably the easiest part of the whole process, in my opinion.

Timeline

I posted this above with some other questions but I feel that it may get more views if it was by itself. This affects probably about everbody that is reading this thread so I hope some of you follow my advice and try and help me get some attention drawn to this.

I think it's ridiculous that the US government is still forcing all K visa applicants to go to Juarez for the interviews. Specially given light of the recent violence and chaos in the city. Some of you who think it's not that bad should spend some time reading online. I see it daily on the TV and in the newspaper here in Mexico and I read about it daily online. Heck, forget about the violence for a minute and just think about the geography and population of Mexico. The majority of the population is in the south central region of the country and they choose Juarez as a location for K visas. Incredible! I can't believe that they can't change this with the new war that's going on there. There are 8 other consulates and the Embassy in Mexico City. They all process visas. But no, let's send the loved ones of American citizens to the farthest from a centralized place as possible and the most dangerous city in North America! If you feel the same as I do, I urge you to start sending emails and letters to everyone that you can. Congressmen, NVC, journalists, and news organizations. I've been sending emails to just about everybody and I finally received a response from a journalist who wrote an article about the cartel violence for the Wall Street Journal. He told me that he agreed with my assessment that it isn't right that K applicants are forced to Juarez and he told me he was going to forward my message to his colleagues at the paper and to contacts of his in Washington and at the Embassy in Mexico City. I'm sure it won't change anything overnight, I'm not that naive but I don't ever remember a time in my life when news about Mexico was making so many headlines in the American media. Now is the time to try and do something and draw attention to this fact. It's not right that K applicants still have to go to Juarez to do this. Violence, chaos and risking your life aren't supposed to be in the equation when doing things the legal and responsible way!

WOOHOO! I called the NVC today just to check on the status of our case with them and get the case number. Our NOA2 was dated 19 Feb so I figured that possibly it was still there, but NO! The operator told me that the case has already come and gone to Juarez, it left on 25 Feb! I got the case number, so I'm sure I can contact Juarez to see where we are. Any suggestions as to how much time I should wait to see when they've sent packet 3 out?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
WOOHOO! I called the NVC today just to check on the status of our case with them and get the case number. Our NOA2 was dated 19 Feb so I figured that possibly it was still there, but NO! The operator told me that the case has already come and gone to Juarez, it left on 25 Feb! I got the case number, so I'm sure I can contact Juarez to see where we are. Any suggestions as to how much time I should wait to see when they've sent packet 3 out?

:crying: We got our NOA2 Jan 28 and it arrived at NVC on the 30th then left and arrived on the Feb 02 at Juarez and we are still waiting for our package to be sent to us (We only want the package to be sent so we can go to Juarez we won't wait for it to arrive) The juarez phone people said it could take up tp 6 month in the worst cases but it mignt leave in about 4 more weeks.... I am hoping that that is not ture 'cuase i have heard that some ppl get thier package SENT in one months time.

Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F Sent : 08-21-2008

I-129F NOA1 : 08-29-2008

I-129F NOA2 : 01-28-2009

NVC Received : 02-02-2009

NVC Left : 02-02-2009

Consulate Received : 02-02-2009

Packet 3 Sent from Juarez: 03-02-2009

Packet 3 Received : 03-12-2009

Interview Date : 03-25-2009

Visa Received : Approved!!!!!

DHL received: 03-26-2009 around 4

Date of US Entry: 04-15-2009

Date of Wedding: 04-19-2009

I-129f was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

:crying: We got our NOA2 Jan 28 and it arrived at NVC on the 30th then left and arrived on the Feb 02 at Juarez and we are still waiting for our package to be sent to us (We only want the package to be sent so we can go to Juarez we won't wait for it to arrive) The juarez phone people said it could take up tp 6 month in the worst cases but it mignt leave in about 4 more weeks.... I am hoping that that is not ture 'cuase i have heard that some ppl get thier package SENT in one months time.

Oh no! :unsure: Wow, that's a long time, I can't IMAGINE waiting up to 6 months MORE! I'm going to give them a call when I'm home next week to see if they've at least received it. Do you call once a week or once every couple of days to check to see if they've sent the package?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Oh no! :unsure: Wow, that's a long time, I can't IMAGINE waiting up to 6 months MORE! I'm going to give them a call when I'm home next week to see if they've at least received it. Do you call once a week or once every couple of days to check to see if they've sent the package?

Congrats Limejello and hang in there Cici....We got our NOA2 on 1/12....went to the mailbox today and bam!! Package received!! It will come soon for you. To answer the question, I only called a few times during the 1.5 month wait. Just tried to be patient every day and tried to BREATHE.

Timeline

I got the letter from from my lawyer. He sent a scan to me via email. It says that they have our information and that we have an open appointment. It also gives a web address to get all of the info and instructions. It was dated Feb. 10 and he got it on the 17th. I assume this is all we need. We surely don't need to wait to get the letter here in Mexico. I have first hand experience that it could be 3 months or never before the package ever gets here. So I guess my question to all of you would be if you have checked if it has arrived to your US address?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.