waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Boy, is sure feels good to finally be able to answer questions instead of asking questions. :star:

Though, I am sure I will asking questions like a maniac in the AOS forum when the time comes.

Brian

Let me be the first on this forum to congratulate the two of you!! I have been checking every night to see if you've posted yet, so I was very happy to see that you had posted today! I always like to tell Angel when other people are approved the visa, so I'll let him know about you two :) I think it makes him feel better to know that it's possible! He and I will know in exactly 2 weeks, and I'm starting to feel quite anxious. I hope you post a review of the interview and questions asked and whatnot.

Again- Congratulations! FELICIDADES!!!

Caity

"There was a boy with skin as dark as the earth & a girl with eyes as blue as the deep & they loved each other so well that people could not tell them apart, for in their hearts, there was no difference between them." -Brian Andreas

3-20-08: I-129F Petition Sent

3-24-08: NOA1

7-25-08: NOA2

10-27-08: Medical Exam

10-28-08: Interview! Approved!

12-20-08: U.S. Entry (POE Chicago)

1-2-09: Marriage

1-27-09: AOS package sent

2-3-09: NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-131

2-9-09: RFE received (need more income info. for household member)

2-24-09: Biometrics appoinment

2-25-09: RFE information sent back

brian - congratulations!!! It's so good to know you guys are done for now!

caity - everything will go well with Angel! You've been informed through the whole process and keeping him informed as well. So everything will go smoothly for you two, also. :star:

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

I-485, I-131, I-765 sent: 9/18

NOAs for forms - all rec'd 10/24

Biometrics appt letter - rec'd 11/01; walk-in 11/12

EAD approved 12/22; card production 12/24

AP 12/22 approved; 12/29 received in mail

2009 3/6 AOS interview: approved!

2011 ROC

Submitted I-751 01/20/2011

NOA1 01/24/2011

Biometrics Letter rec'd 02/07/2011

Biometrics Appointment 2/28/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

And don't worry about the AOS process, if you made it through the K visa process the AOS is easy because you are already in the US and don't have to worry about not getting approved. The only people I have seen not getting an approval is if they have come her on a different visa and try to adjust, even then they usually get approved.

Boy, is sure feels good to finally be able to answer questions instead of asking questions. :star:

Though, I am sure I will asking questions like a maniac in the AOS forum when the time comes.

Brian

Congratulations! Don't worry about AOS, it's a piece of cake. If you need help, you can always ask us.

4.28.07 - Married in Jalisco Mexico - Cozumel Honeymoon for 2 weeks

***I-130***

5.24.07 - I-130 Received in CSC

7.14.07 - Received NOA1 (WOW after 6 weeks, I was worried...called INS and told me CSC had a computer "glitch" causing delays on printing Receipt notices and approvals)

10.30.07 - APPROVED No email, the NOA2 came in the mail...hard copy.

***1-129F***

7.23.07 - I-129F received in Chicago

7.30.07 - Received NOA1

11.21.07 - APPROVED!!!! APPROVED. GOT AN E-MAIL ON THANKSGIVING!

03.03.08- INTERVIEW IN CIUDAD JUAREZ. VISA GRANTED ON 03.03.2008

***AOS & EAD***

3.10.08 - Case Received at Chicago Lockbox, check cashed 3.14.08

3.17.08 - Received both NOA's in the mail

3.21.08 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail, biometrics Appt. 4.02.08

5.05.08 - EAD Card Production ordered GOT EMAIL (we received the same email on 5.09.08)

5.13.08 - Approval Email for EAD (so the card was ordered first, and then we were approved...hum)

5.15.08 - EAD Card Received in mail.

8.08.08 - WE GOT OUR INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT YAY...9/12/08 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

9.24.08 - Received Green Card in the mail YEAH!

***I-751***

6.15.10 - Mailed I-751 Docs to CSC, check cashed 6.24.10

6.26.10 - Received NOA in mail dated 6.21.10

6.29.10 - Received Biometrics appointment for 7.15.10

Brian

Congratulations! Don't worry about AOS, it's a piece of cake. If you need help, you can always ask us.

Oh, and if she brings her vaccination card from Mexico, it would help save you a lot of money. I know that K1's don't need vaccinations, but for AOS you will need to submit them. The required vaccines are MMR, Varicella and Td. If she has her vaccination card, she can take it to a Civil Surgeon and have them transcribed to for I-693A for a small fee.

Good luck....

4.28.07 - Married in Jalisco Mexico - Cozumel Honeymoon for 2 weeks

***I-130***

5.24.07 - I-130 Received in CSC

7.14.07 - Received NOA1 (WOW after 6 weeks, I was worried...called INS and told me CSC had a computer "glitch" causing delays on printing Receipt notices and approvals)

10.30.07 - APPROVED No email, the NOA2 came in the mail...hard copy.

***1-129F***

7.23.07 - I-129F received in Chicago

7.30.07 - Received NOA1

11.21.07 - APPROVED!!!! APPROVED. GOT AN E-MAIL ON THANKSGIVING!

03.03.08- INTERVIEW IN CIUDAD JUAREZ. VISA GRANTED ON 03.03.2008

***AOS & EAD***

3.10.08 - Case Received at Chicago Lockbox, check cashed 3.14.08

3.17.08 - Received both NOA's in the mail

3.21.08 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail, biometrics Appt. 4.02.08

5.05.08 - EAD Card Production ordered GOT EMAIL (we received the same email on 5.09.08)

5.13.08 - Approval Email for EAD (so the card was ordered first, and then we were approved...hum)

5.15.08 - EAD Card Received in mail.

8.08.08 - WE GOT OUR INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT YAY...9/12/08 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

9.24.08 - Received Green Card in the mail YEAH!

***I-751***

6.15.10 - Mailed I-751 Docs to CSC, check cashed 6.24.10

6.26.10 - Received NOA in mail dated 6.21.10

6.29.10 - Received Biometrics appointment for 7.15.10

Brian

Oh, and if she brings her vaccination card from Mexico, it would help save you a lot of money. I know that K1's don't need vaccinations, but for AOS you will need to submit them. The required vaccines are MMR, Varicella and Td. If she has her vaccination card, she can take it to a Civil Surgeon and have them transcribed to for I-693A for a small fee.

Good luck....

Anyone adjusting status now has to use form I-693 and can't use I-693A anymore (as of August 1, 2008). You'll have to call around different civil surgeon's offices, and most of the receptionists don't know what the heck to do with you, so make sure you stick to the nice receptionists who can answer all your questions. I ended up calling 4 offices where 1 told me to call another office where the doctor "did immigration things," where she was on vacation at that other office and no one knew what to do except the medical exam, another said they only did medical exams, and another was rude and ignorant about different visas and asking why my husband didn't get vaccines in Mexico. The last office finally was helpful and it only cost $15 for the transcription (part 5 of the I-693) and we ended up paying $80 since he had to get 1 vaccine that he hadn't gotten from the Centro de Salud.

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

I-485, I-131, I-765 sent: 9/18

NOAs for forms - all rec'd 10/24

Biometrics appt letter - rec'd 11/01; walk-in 11/12

EAD approved 12/22; card production 12/24

AP 12/22 approved; 12/29 received in mail

2009 3/6 AOS interview: approved!

2011 ROC

Submitted I-751 01/20/2011

NOA1 01/24/2011

Biometrics Letter rec'd 02/07/2011

Biometrics Appointment 2/28/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Timeline

Brian

Good luck....

Anyone adjusting status now has to use form I-693 and can't use I-693A anymore (as of August 1, 2008). You'll have to call around different civil surgeon's offices, and most of the receptionists don't know what the heck to do with you, so make sure you stick to the nice receptionists who can answer all your questions. I ended up calling 4 offices where 1 told me to call another office where the doctor "did immigration things," where she was on vacation at that other office and no one knew what to do except the medical exam, another said they only did medical exams, and another was rude and ignorant about different visas and asking why my husband didn't get vaccines in Mexico. The last office finally was helpful and it only cost $15 for the transcription (part 5 of the I-693) and we ended up paying $80 since he had to get 1 vaccine that he hadn't gotten from the Centro de Salud.

Let me ask this... is it better for them to get vaccinations while still in Mexico and then have them transcribed once here? And by better, I mean cheaper and more efficient... I asked Angel if he has any record of vaccinations he got and he said "no." So... I'm wondering if he should get the required 3 for his AOS while he's in Mexico, or just wait til he gets here. Does anyone have any idea how costly it is here to get those? Since he won't have insurance...? which is another thing that confuses me, but I'll worry about the insurance issue later!

"There was a boy with skin as dark as the earth & a girl with eyes as blue as the deep & they loved each other so well that people could not tell them apart, for in their hearts, there was no difference between them." -Brian Andreas

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

As far as vaccinations go, my understanding is that the shots are more expensive at the clinics than they are here. Plus, there has been a story or two where the documentation was prepared in-correctly in Mexico and the the shots had to be re-taken in the U.S.

I just felt it would be easier to see the civil surgeon here in Atlanta and hopefully avoid any potential problems.

And yes, thank you YGandMAT, the possibility of avoiding the another round of shots was something I had forgotten about. My SO will be here in November. Unfortunately, her mother is having a cancer tumor removed next week. So that is our number one priority.

Brian

03/18/08 Engagement Date

04/03/08 NOA1 Date

07/03/08 NOA2 Received Via Email

07/22/08 Received email Stating Approval Under Review

07/28/08 NOA2 Status Changed to Denial

08/13/08 2nd NOA2 received via Email

10/07/08 Interview Date/VISA RECEIVED

11/22/08 Atlanta, U.S. Point of Entry.

Timeline

caityrose, I will post more about the experience that day I promise. For all others, please remember this is a brief review for a K-1 visa not K-3, which would be more thorough.

But here are the questions that were asked and it was hardly an interrogation:

1. What is the name of your fiance?

2. What is the profession of your fiance?

3. What is your profession?

4. How did you meet?

5. How long have you been dating?

6. Do you plan on working in the U.S.?

7. Have you ever had any immigration problems?

Then, okay you are approved for your visa. They never once asked to see any photographs or any proof of relationship. The whole conversation lasted less than 5 minutes, and literally every answer was a one or two word answer.

I am thankful it was soooooooo simple. But, at the same time, it seemed anti-climatic. :star:

Brian

Edited by brian87

03/18/08 Engagement Date

04/03/08 NOA1 Date

Timeline
caityrose, I will post more about the experience that day I promise. For all others, please remember this is a brief review for a K-1 visa not K-3, which would be more thorough.

But here are the questions that were asked and it was hardly an interrogation:

1. What is the name of your fiance?

2. What is the profession of your fiance?

3. What is your profession?

4. How did you meet?

5. How long have you been dating?

6. Do you plan on working in the U.S.?

7. Have you ever had any immigration problems?

Then, okay you are approved for your visa. They never once asked to see any photographs or any proof of relationship. The whole conversation lasted less than 5 minutes, and literally every answer was a one or two word answer.

I am thankful it was soooooooo simple. But, at the same time, it seemed anti-climatic. :star:

Brian

Thank you so much!! I hope Angel's questions are like that. Although, he's pretty prepared to answer just about anything, even what hospital I was born at :P haha. That's really great to hear though, it makes me feel calmer about his interview. I just keep thinking that he can't be denied on basis of lack of evidence, or anything to do with financial stuff from me and my parents- and he's never been in the U.S., never been married, never been in trouble with the police anywhere, never even tried drugs... so I pray that it will be fast and easy for him. He's nervous about the medical exam, just because he always convinces himself he's got every disease (only for a few a days, and then he decides he's fine haha :P) and so he's just afraid they are going to tell him that he's sick. But- he will get over that.

Thanks again for the post- I appreciate it! Where did you stay in Ciudad Juarez? Angel is goign to stay at Los Cedros, have you heard anything about that hotel?

Timeline
Where did you stay in Ciudad Juarez? Angel is goign to stay at Los Cedros, have you heard anything about that hotel?

We stayed at the Holiday Inn/Hotel Lincoln which was recommended several times in this thread including by YgandMAT. I know my review on the hotel means little with the embassy moving.

However, I was very happy. The hotel was VERY secure. Like a fourteen foot wall around the parking lot and two or three security guards at the entrance or patrolling. The room was nice with a great pool. The whole place was like a quiet oasis.

For me, the best part was the Subway sandwhich shop across the street along with the 24 hour S-MART which is a large grocery chain store. I felt very safe everywhere during the day and no problems walking to the S-Mart and the little mall late at night.

As for the Los Cedros, I did meet a couple from Californina who were staying there. They made no comment to me one way or the other about it. And I do not recall seeing it.

Brian

03/18/08 Engagement Date

04/03/08 NOA1 Date

Timeline
Where did you stay in Ciudad Juarez? Angel is goign to stay at Los Cedros, have you heard anything about that hotel?

We stayed at the Holiday Inn/Hotel Lincoln which was recommended several times in this thread including by YgandMAT. I know my review on the hotel means little with the embassy moving.

However, I was very happy. The hotel was VERY secure. Like a fourteen foot wall around the parking lot and two or three security guards at the entrance or patrolling. The room was nice with a great pool. The whole place was like a quiet oasis.

For me, the best part was the Subway sandwhich shop across the street along with the 24 hour S-MART which is a large grocery chain store. I felt very safe everywhere during the day and no problems walking to the S-Mart and the little mall late at night.

As for the Los Cedros, I did meet a couple from Californina who were staying there. They made no comment to me one way or the other about it. And I do not recall seeing it.

Brian

May I ask how much Holiday Inn/Hotel Lincoln cost per night? And how did you make your reservation? I think Los Cedros cost 550 pesos per night, and he's already got a reservation there. I just want to make sure that his hotel is at least comfortable and safe.

Timeline

At the time the Holiday Inn was about 700 peses. Of course the exchange rate went crazy the week I was there.

I am sure the Cedros is fine. The couple that were staying their seem to be a classy couple. And the area really is safe. Would I want to walk down dark alleys at 3am no, but I would not do that in Atlanta either.

Brian

03/18/08 Engagement Date

04/03/08 NOA1 Date

I just wanted to say thanks to everybody on the forum. I am so glad i found you guys and really, until i sat back and thought about it, i didnt realize how helpful and homey the forum is in helping with questions and reassuring fears. I know i still have a ways to go because Alfredo has yet to have his interview, but i just wanted to say thanks to everybody now, because you guys have already been so helpful.

Thanks caityrose for being.... well ... in almost the same situation i am. It is nice to know that i am not the only college student in love with a man from mexico who would do anything to be with him. It sounds like our situations are pretty similar. My parents (my mom and my step dad) did the 1-134 for me because mine isnt going to be that impressive because i only work when i have breaks. Also, our fiances sound pretty similar too. haha convincing themselves that they have every illness in the book and then when it comes time to go to the doctor that they are sure they are going to be told they only have 3 weeks to live or something like that. It might be a hispanic thing because my puerto rican grandparents are the same way :yes: Just out of curiousity, does Angel speak any english? haha just to find out another similarity, Alfredo knows some basics, alot of restaurant lingo since that is his second job here in the U.S but I speak spanish so that is how we communicate. You said angel had never been to the U.S so that was why i was wondering.

It feels nice to be able to talk to people especially you caity that are going through almost the same things that i am going through, or will be going through in this process.

thanks for helping me maintain a full head of hair!!! :thumbs:

"Tall, dark and handsome with an amazing smile. He gave me butterflies every time he looked my way. I knew he was the one."- Me

I-129F NOA1 : April 5, 2008

I-129F NOA2 : April 28, 2008

NVC Left : Aug.18, 2008

Packet 3 Received: Sept. 3, 2008

Interview Date : Dec. 18, 2008

APPROVED!!!!

Dec. 19, 2008- Alfredo comes home!

Jan. 5, 2009: Alfredo and I become husband and Wife

March 10, 2009 AOS paperwork sent, will wait for it to arrive via tracking #

March 12, 2009 AOS paperwork arrives in Chicago

March 23, 2009 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765

March 30, 2009-Biometrics letter received, appt date April 10th @11am philly office

April 10, 2009-Biometrics appt. done, in and out in 15 minutes

Nov. 18, 2009-Card production ordered

9q7SPs.jpg

weddingpics082-1.jpg

IgJym4.png

Timeline
I just wanted to say thanks to everybody on the forum. I am so glad i found you guys and really, until i sat back and thought about it, i didnt realize how helpful and homey the forum is in helping with questions and reassuring fears. I know i still have a ways to go because Alfredo has yet to have his interview, but i just wanted to say thanks to everybody now, because you guys have already been so helpful.

Thanks caityrose for being.... well ... in almost the same situation i am. It is nice to know that i am not the only college student in love with a man from mexico who would do anything to be with him. It sounds like our situations are pretty similar. My parents (my mom and my step dad) did the 1-134 for me because mine isnt going to be that impressive because i only work when i have breaks. Also, our fiances sound pretty similar too. haha convincing themselves that they have every illness in the book and then when it comes time to go to the doctor that they are sure they are going to be told they only have 3 weeks to live or something like that. It might be a hispanic thing because my puerto rican grandparents are the same way :yes: Just out of curiousity, does Angel speak any english? haha just to find out another similarity, Alfredo knows some basics, alot of restaurant lingo since that is his second job here in the U.S but I speak spanish so that is how we communicate. You said angel had never been to the U.S so that was why i was wondering.

It feels nice to be able to talk to people especially you caity that are going through almost the same things that i am going through, or will be going through in this process.

thanks for helping me maintain a full head of hair!!! :thumbs:

Hey there-

First of all... would you mind creating your timeline? It helps us see where you are in the process of the visa. If you look at your post, it will say "My Timeline" and you simply click on it and create it. Thanks!!

I must say I am very glad to have found this forum as well. I've been reading it since February, and it's been a HUGE help. Angel does speak English pretty well, he's a really quick learner and enjoys speaking it, so once he gets here I think he'll be fine. My whole family visited him with me in 2007, and so he had to speak with them and he did a good job :) Take care chica!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.