waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Congrats nm123 on your marriage! Many wishes for a wonderful life together :)

March 15, 2007 - I-129F Sent

March 20, 2007 - NOA1 Received

March 23, 2007 - Touched, April 4, 2007 - Touched , April 5, 2007 - Touched

April 18, 2007 - RFE Email received (waiting for snailmail to see what it is they need)

April 23, 2007 - Received RFE in the mail, mailed out RFE to USCIS using express mail, will get there tomorrow (come on NOA2!)

April 25, 2007 - USCIS Received my RFE info and case has resumed processing

April 26, 2007 - Touched, April 27, 2007 - Touched, April 28, 2007 - TOUCHED AGAIN!

May 10, 2007 - NOA2 Email notification (It took 56 days)

May 16, 2007 - Received NOA2 Notice in snail mail

May 18, 2007 - Received Letter from NVC that they are sending our packet to Juarez Consulate this week

May 26, 2007 - Received Fiance Packet!!!!!!

June 5, 2007 - Medical

June 6, 2007 - Interview at Juarez - Visa Denied (Fiance admitted to smoking marijuana cigarette 6 months before the interview, labeled a 'DRUG ADDICT")

November 18, 2009: I sent an inquiry thru the Juarez website asking about our upcoming end to our ban, what to do etc.

December 14, 2009 - Received a reply from the consulate saying that they will forward a request to the immigration department to request a new appt

December 16, 2009 - Received an email from the consulate saying they are ready for my fiance to come for an open appt anytime

February 2, 2010 - Medical - Trip back to Psych far away in dirty office

February 3, 2010 - Pick up Medical Results

February 4, 2010 - Interview, given form 221(g) "Admin Review" and to come back in 6 months for another medical examination. #######.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello All:

So... I'm pretty sure Angel's got everything he needs to take to his interview. However, if someone wouldn't mind looking over it just to make sure I'm not missing something important, I would really really appreciate it.

Here's what he's got or what I will be sending him soon:

-NOA2 (Original + copy)

-Invitation letter

-Angel's passport (+ copy of the front page)

-Original I-129F

-Angel's Birth Certificate (+ copy)

-My Birth Certificate (+ copy)

-Unsigned DS-156 (+ copy)

-Unsigned DS-156 K (+ copy)

-DS-157 (+ copy)

-CDJ Form 402 Unsigned

-Letter stating why I am not there with him and my letter of intent to marry him

-2 X 2 passport photos of Angel

-Credencial de elector (+ copy)

-My I-134 Form

Including: Supplement stating that I am a full-time student and therefore don't yet have a full-time job. I included a chart of the 4 part-time jobs I have. I also included an enrollment certificate from my university. 3 years of tax transcripts, and a letter from my bank with information about my accounts.

-My parents I-134 Form

Including: 3 years of tax returns, my mom's W2s, Letter from my mom's employer, Letter from bank with information about her accounts

(Because my parents file taxes together, I had both of my parents fill out an I-134. I don't know if that's the best way to handle it. Let's hope it's ok.)

-Evidence of ongoing relationship- pictures, letters, emails, copies of packages, my flight itineraries, record of phone card I buy to call Mexico, and more...

Then he will have his Banamex receipt and medical results.

Now... he doesn't have to get a police certificate, or does he? I was under the impression that it wasn't necessary, but now I'm concerned that he should have gotten that a while ago. He's never committed any crimes, so he has no record with the police. Also, he does NOT have to fill out the DS-230, does he?? I've seen people post about that form, so that worried me too.

Thanks for your help everyone! I just want to make sure that he has everything he needs. He won't be going until late October, but I just want to try and calm my nerves a bit and reassure him he's got everything.

GRACIAS!!!!

Caity

"There was a boy with skin as dark as the earth & a girl with eyes as blue as the deep & they loved each other so well that people could not tell them apart, for in their hearts, there was no difference between them." -Brian Andreas

3-20-08: I-129F Petition Sent

3-24-08: NOA1

7-25-08: NOA2

10-27-08: Medical Exam

10-28-08: Interview! Approved!

12-20-08: U.S. Entry (POE Chicago)

1-2-09: Marriage

1-27-09: AOS package sent

2-3-09: NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-131

2-9-09: RFE received (need more income info. for household member)

2-24-09: Biometrics appoinment

2-25-09: RFE information sent back

Timeline
Hello All:

So... I'm pretty sure Angel's got everything he needs to take to his interview. However, if someone wouldn't mind looking over it just to make sure I'm not missing something important, I would really really appreciate it.

Here's what he's got or what I will be sending him soon:

-NOA2 (Original + copy)

-Invitation letter

-Angel's passport (+ copy of the front page)

-Original I-129F

-Angel's Birth Certificate (+ copy)

-My Birth Certificate (+ copy)

-Unsigned DS-156 (+ copy)

-Unsigned DS-156 K (+ copy)

-DS-157 (+ copy)

-CDJ Form 402 Unsigned

-Letter stating why I am not there with him and my letter of intent to marry him

-2 X 2 passport photos of Angel

-Credencial de elector (+ copy)

-My I-134 Form

Including: Supplement stating that I am a full-time student and therefore don't yet have a full-time job. I included a chart of the 4 part-time jobs I have. I also included an enrollment certificate from my university. 3 years of tax transcripts, and a letter from my bank with information about my accounts.

-My parents I-134 Form

Including: 3 years of tax returns, my mom's W2s, Letter from my mom's employer, Letter from bank with information about her accounts

(Because my parents file taxes together, I had both of my parents fill out an I-134. I don't know if that's the best way to handle it. Let's hope it's ok.)

-Evidence of ongoing relationship- pictures, letters, emails, copies of packages, my flight itineraries, record of phone card I buy to call Mexico, and more...

Then he will have his Banamex receipt and medical results.

Now... he doesn't have to get a police certificate, or does he? I was under the impression that it wasn't necessary, but now I'm concerned that he should have gotten that a while ago. He's never committed any crimes, so he has no record with the police. Also, he does NOT have to fill out the DS-230, does he?? I've seen people post about that form, so that worried me too.

Thanks for your help everyone! I just want to make sure that he has everything he needs. He won't be going until late October, but I just want to try and calm my nerves a bit and reassure him he's got everything.

GRACIAS!!!!

Caity

Caity- Jorge did take a police certificate with him. They did ask for it. It also needed to be translated.... It took him about 2 weeks to get it too.... He had to go to Toluca?? to get it.....

I also didn't submit a letter for why I couldn't show up. They didn't even ask him. But the more the better! That's for sure!! :thumbs: \

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!!

3/18/2008 Began I-129 F

3/26/2008 Touch/Update

7/11/2008 Sent Jorge Proof of Ongoing Relationship

7/22/2008 TOUCH!! *feels bubbley inside*

7/22/2008 NOA2 By e-mail! WOO!!

7/23/2008 Touch After Approval

7/23/2008 Jorge Received Proof of Ongoing Relationship Packet That I Sent Him

7/26/2008 Received NOA2 Hard Copy

7/28/2008 Petition Arrived to NVC - Got my new case number!

7/30/2008 NVC shipped petition to MEXICO!! Getting closer and closer!

7/30/2008 Petition Arrived to CDJ-(Electronically I suppose???)

8/04/2008 NVC hard copy in my mail box =D

8/30/2008 Packet 3

9/02/2008 Mailing Jorge Interview Packet- Cost me 93 USD; worth it. He will hopefully get it on Thursday evening.

9/04/2008 Jorge Received the packet I sent him for the interview. YAY

9/05/2008 Jorge Received his packet 3 (identical to the one I received)

9/07/2008 Jorge flies to Juarez for Med and Interview

9/08/2008 Medical Date- went well :) He stood in line since 5:30 Am. He finished at 11:15 AM - ish

9/09/2008 Interview- SUCCESS!

9/16/2008 POE

9/17/1008 Arrives to East Wenatchee, WA

9/27/2008 Marriage

AOS EAD Steps

11/07/2008 - And so it begins

11/13/2008 - Touch

11/18/2008 - Appt Letter YAY (Nov. 28)

11/28/2008 - Biometrics Appointment

11/28/2008 - Touch

1/23/2008 - Travel Doc Approved

1/27/2009 - EAD Card ordered

1/31/2009 - Card Recieved

2/18/2009 - First day at new Job :)

4/09/2009 -AOS interview

APPROVED WOO! We are complete!

4/20/2009- Resident Card Received NOW we're complete!

Timeline
Caity- Jorge did take a police certificate with him. They did ask for it. It also needed to be translated.... It took him about 2 weeks to get it too.... He had to go to Toluca?? to get it.....

I also didn't submit a letter for why I couldn't show up. They didn't even ask him. But the more the better! That's for sure!! :thumbs: \

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!!

Ok... Now I'm concerned- I hope that he's able to get one. It's weird though, because the instructions say:

5. Persons convicted of a crime must obtain a certified copy of each court record and any prison record, regardless or the fac that they may have benefited subsequently from an amnesty, pardon, or other act of clemency.

So... since he's never committed a crime, will they just give him a certificate that's blank?? I'm just confused- and hoping that he will be able to do this without it taking a long time. I'm so on top of things, and now I feel like this could add time to the process. #######.

Can anyone help me out here? Did the officers request a police certificate from everyone's fiances???

Thanks,

Caity

"There was a boy with skin as dark as the earth & a girl with eyes as blue as the deep & they loved each other so well that people could not tell them apart, for in their hearts, there was no difference between them." -Brian Andreas

Timeline

And now that I'm reading through old posts- it looks as though most people say that Mexico does not offer police certificates. What are your suggestions then??? I don't want him to get to his interview and have them deny him because he didn't bring a police certificate!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline
And now that I'm reading through old posts- it looks as though most people say that Mexico does not offer police certificates. What are your suggestions then??? I don't want him to get to his interview and have them deny him because he didn't bring a police certificate!

hello caity and rose my now wife didnt need the police certification, she was never asked for it even though she brought one to the interview when we were there thay didnt ask for it maybe the rules changed but you never know she got it from her hometown in like 1 hour good luck with this

Timeline

Is the "constancia de antecendentes no penales" the document that would suffice??

Thanks!

Janet - thanks! Married life is awesome.

Caity - my husband brought a constancia de antecendentes no penales even though it isn't required (even though the CDJ instructions mention it, which is contradictory to what I just said, I know). He didn't have any criminal records either. I almost think that the reason why it's in the instructions is for the people filing waivers, and if they were arrested in the USA also.

As for the DS-230, don't fill it out because CDJ doesn't use it (the way they also don't use the I-134 even though people on here have used it).

I think everything else on your list looks good.

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

I-485, I-131, I-765 sent: 9/18

NOAs for forms - all rec'd 10/24

Biometrics appt letter - rec'd 11/01; walk-in 11/12

EAD approved 12/22; card production 12/24

AP 12/22 approved; 12/29 received in mail

2009 3/6 AOS interview: approved!

2011 ROC

Submitted I-751 01/20/2011

NOA1 01/24/2011

Biometrics Letter rec'd 02/07/2011

Biometrics Appointment 2/28/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I was wondering if anyone knows if I can bring my 2 and a half year old daughter to the interview. She already has her US Citizenship so she's not filing for anything there. But she stayed behind with me.

The thing is that I don't want to have her waiting under the sun and being uncomfortable. Or would they give me any priority on her behalf to keep her out of the sun?

If not I will have to fly up to leave her with her Dad in the States and then fly back down for the interview alone.

Timeline

I believe the police cert is not necessary for Juarez if there is not criminal record.

March 15, 2007 - I-129F Sent

March 20, 2007 - NOA1 Received

March 23, 2007 - Touched, April 4, 2007 - Touched , April 5, 2007 - Touched

April 18, 2007 - RFE Email received (waiting for snailmail to see what it is they need)

April 23, 2007 - Received RFE in the mail, mailed out RFE to USCIS using express mail, will get there tomorrow (come on NOA2!)

April 25, 2007 - USCIS Received my RFE info and case has resumed processing

April 26, 2007 - Touched, April 27, 2007 - Touched, April 28, 2007 - TOUCHED AGAIN!

May 10, 2007 - NOA2 Email notification (It took 56 days)

May 16, 2007 - Received NOA2 Notice in snail mail

May 18, 2007 - Received Letter from NVC that they are sending our packet to Juarez Consulate this week

May 26, 2007 - Received Fiance Packet!!!!!!

June 5, 2007 - Medical

June 6, 2007 - Interview at Juarez - Visa Denied (Fiance admitted to smoking marijuana cigarette 6 months before the interview, labeled a 'DRUG ADDICT")

November 18, 2009: I sent an inquiry thru the Juarez website asking about our upcoming end to our ban, what to do etc.

December 14, 2009 - Received a reply from the consulate saying that they will forward a request to the immigration department to request a new appt

December 16, 2009 - Received an email from the consulate saying they are ready for my fiance to come for an open appt anytime

February 2, 2010 - Medical - Trip back to Psych far away in dirty office

February 3, 2010 - Pick up Medical Results

February 4, 2010 - Interview, given form 221(g) "Admin Review" and to come back in 6 months for another medical examination. #######.

I was wondering if anyone knows if I can bring my 2 and a half year old daughter to the interview. She already has her US Citizenship so she's not filing for anything there. But she stayed behind with me.

The thing is that I don't want to have her waiting under the sun and being uncomfortable. Or would they give me any priority on her behalf to keep her out of the sun?

If not I will have to fly up to leave her with her Dad in the States and then fly back down for the interview alone.

If your daughter has her US Passport, I would recommend not bringing her to the interview. I really don't know if she'll be able to come into the consulate because the only times I hear of children going inside is if they're Mexican citizens waiting for visas. You could call the consulate directly to ask them, but sometimes they don't give straight up answers, and even have given wrong answers. It might be easier to have your fiance fly to El Paso, have him hold onto her while you have your interview, and hopefully fly out of El Paso together home to where he lives. The interview might take 4-7 hrs and it would be uncomfortable for your daughter.

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

2011 ROC

NOA1 01/24/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If your daughter has her US Passport, I would recommend not bringing her to the interview. I really don't know if she'll be able to come into the consulate because the only times I hear of children going inside is if they're Mexican citizens waiting for visas. You could call the consulate directly to ask them, but sometimes they don't give straight up answers, and even have given wrong answers. It might be easier to have your fiance fly to El Paso, have him hold onto her while you have your interview, and hopefully fly out of El Paso together home to where he lives. The interview might take 4-7 hrs and it would be uncomfortable for your daughter.

Thank you SOOOOOOO much for your answer!!! :thumbs:

Thank you SOOOOOOO much for your answer!!! :thumbs:

I hope it was helpful. :blush: It is up to you though, as to what you ultimately do. Good luck with everything. :star:

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

2011 ROC

NOA1 01/24/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Timeline
Hello All:

GRACIAS!!!!

Caity

Your list looks great to me. I am going to start preparing docs today for my SO interview. I have my tickets for Oct. 3- 13th. The game plan is to fly in on Friday, head out to Juarez on Sunday. Medical on Monday. Interview Tuesday. With Weds., Thurs., and Friday as back-up days in case corrections need to be made. Hopefully, we will head back Weds., with engagement party Sat., and flying home together on Monday.

So vets hang in there, I anticipate posting ?'s this week. :star:

Brian

03/18/08 Engagement Date

04/03/08 NOA1 Date

07/03/08 NOA2 Received Via Email

07/22/08 Received email Stating Approval Under Review

07/28/08 NOA2 Status Changed to Denial

08/13/08 2nd NOA2 received via Email

10/07/08 Interview Date/VISA RECEIVED

11/22/08 Atlanta, U.S. Point of Entry.

Timeline
Hello All:

GRACIAS!!!!

Caity

Your list looks great to me. I am going to start preparing docs today for my SO interview. I have my tickets for Oct. 3- 13th. The game plan is to fly in on Friday, head out to Juarez on Sunday. Medical on Monday. Interview Tuesday. With Weds., Thurs., and Friday as back-up days in case corrections need to be made. Hopefully, we will head back Weds., with engagement party Sat., and flying home together on Monday.

So vets hang in there, I anticipate posting ?'s this week. :star:

Brian

Good luck getting everything together :) I just sent Angel all the remaining documents, so hopefully he'll get them soon. He's also hopefully going to buy his ticket VERY soon for Juarez... we're hoping Oct 20 and 21 will work out. Well, I would like him to go next Monday and Tuesday... but ya know...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.