waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Glad things are going well for everyone!

I am so glad that things went well for you. :star:

I soooo don't want any problems with the Juarez interview. Since I am going with my fiance it would be traumatic and costly to have to figure out a plan B.

I won't mind AOS problems because we will be in the U.S. and married. Plus, the local office is only 30 minutes from my home, so tyring to sort through any problems should be straight forward.

Once again, I am really happy for you. Of all the stages to this process, I really think the Juarez process is the most daunting for the U.S. citizen.

Just do us a favor, and try to stick around for another 60 days to be our sounding board. :star:

Brian

03/18/08 Engagement Date

04/03/08 NOA1 Date

07/03/08 NOA2 Received Via Email

07/22/08 Received email Stating Approval Under Review

07/28/08 NOA2 Status Changed to Denial

08/13/08 2nd NOA2 received via Email

10/07/08 Interview Date/VISA RECEIVED

11/22/08 Atlanta, U.S. Point of Entry.

Glad things are going well for everyone!

I am so glad that things went well for you. :star:

I soooo don't want any problems with the Juarez interview. Since I am going with my fiance it would be traumatic and costly to have to figure out a plan B.

I won't mind AOS problems because we will be in the U.S. and married. Plus, the local office is only 30 minutes from my home, so tyring to sort through any problems should be straight forward.

Once again, I am really happy for you. Of all the stages to this process, I really think the Juarez process is the most daunting for the U.S. citizen.

Just do us a favor, and try to stick around for another 60 days to be our sounding board. :star:

Brian

Thanks! Life is great right now. Our Plan B would've been for me to move to Mexico, but I'm not ready to do that yet (maybe in a few yrs). And I'll stick around!

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

I-485, I-131, I-765 sent: 9/18

NOAs for forms - all rec'd 10/24

Biometrics appt letter - rec'd 11/01; walk-in 11/12

EAD approved 12/22; card production 12/24

AP 12/22 approved; 12/29 received in mail

2009 3/6 AOS interview: approved!

2011 ROC

Submitted I-751 01/20/2011

NOA1 01/24/2011

Biometrics Letter rec'd 02/07/2011

Biometrics Appointment 2/28/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
POLL: Have any of you ever heard the Mexican expression: "Es de Monterrey" (He/She is from Monterrey)???

Indeed, that phrase would mean being cheap...

FYI, Mexico City (Distrito Federal) is the richest city in Mexico. And yes, Chiapas, along with certain areas of the neighboring states (Oaxaca, Guerrero) is the poorest state, but it is beautiful; whenever you have the chance, visit it. :star:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
I was wondering if anyone could help me with a question? My wife has her interview in Juarez Sep. 2. If she gets her visa can I purchase a plane ticket for her? I am in Kansas right now. She would be flying from El Paso to Wichita Kansas. I don't know if I can purchase it online or at the airport in Wichita so she could just present her paperwork at the El Paso airport.

You should have no problem. When I came to the US, my now husband bought my ticket here in the US and gave me the confirmation code, so I just printed my ticket's info from the airline's website and presented at the airport in Mexico; I suppose you can do that with most if not all of the airlines. By the way, there was no hassle at all buying a one way ticket.

We're got the visa!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations nm123! hope you both are enjoying being together in the US. :thumbs:

Thanks! You know, I had your CDJ review as one of my bookmarks. :star: It was really helpful. If anyone hasn't seen it yet, it's at:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1861870

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

2011 ROC

NOA1 01/24/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I briefly scanned the new posts- and I see someone got their visa!! I will read later and do a better job of congratulating you!!

My question: Do you think the CDJ embassy will be closed on Election Day? I know it's not a "holiday" perhaps, but would they close??

Thanks!

Caity

"There was a boy with skin as dark as the earth & a girl with eyes as blue as the deep & they loved each other so well that people could not tell them apart, for in their hearts, there was no difference between them." -Brian Andreas

3-20-08: I-129F Petition Sent

3-24-08: NOA1

7-25-08: NOA2

10-27-08: Medical Exam

10-28-08: Interview! Approved!

12-20-08: U.S. Entry (POE Chicago)

1-2-09: Marriage

1-27-09: AOS package sent

2-3-09: NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-131

2-9-09: RFE received (need more income info. for household member)

2-24-09: Biometrics appoinment

2-25-09: RFE information sent back

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline
My question: Do you think the CDJ embassy will be closed on Election Day?

Personally I don't think they will be closed. They are only closed for Mexican holidays. But, keep in mind they will be transitioning to the new embassy and could even close all operations for an entire week if they feel like it (they do what they want and WITHOUT NOTICE). For example, my gf went to Juarez on a Monday night, we planned for the medical on Tuesday and the interview on Wednesday. Turns out the embassy decided to close without any prior notification or reason on Wednesday, it was not a holiday or anything, plus we bought the flight in advance on Thursday.

Began In Cabo: My fiancee is from Acapulco, Guerrero. It is really beautiful there. Mountains everywhere and the ocean everywhere, a great combination.

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

Hello All:

Just popped to see how everyone is doing - looks like there are some new posters in here and that ppl are getting their visas, wonderful.

We are still waiting out our 3 year ban so as I have said before please remember to brief your fiances before their medical exam not to admit to past drug use even if it was just experimentation. Just don't go there, it's not worth it trust me.

My fiance is very clean, just experimented in high school and then admitted to smoking a joint 6 months before the interview which was a total fluke because he doesn't use drugs or drink. Because of the psychologist at the medical coaxing him to tell the truth "that nothing will happen to affect your visa", my fiance told her that he experimented in high school and smoked marijuana 6 months before his interview so we were denied. The denial turned our whole world upside down not to mention so much $$ down the drain. I remember talking to my fiance after the medical and asked "how did it go?", when he told me what he said all he could hear was screaming from my end of the phone - I couldn't believe it, I knew it was over and done with right there. He got mad at me and said there is nothing to worry about because "the psychologist told him" and I just kept freaking out and crying. He said he couldn't take the stress from me anymore and that he wasn't going to talk to me again until after the interview. Of course the next day he called me crying and apologizing.

We still have 15 more months to go to wait and we are really not sure what we are supposed to do. I am going to try and call the consulate this week as we don't know if we have to re-apply, what to bring with us, nothing. We both were in such a bad state from the denial it was hard to comprehend anything at that time.

We are still holding on though this process is very long and very tough.

If there is anyone out there that has gone though this I would appreciate any input you may have.

March 15, 2007 - I-129F Sent

March 20, 2007 - NOA1 Received

March 23, 2007 - Touched, April 4, 2007 - Touched , April 5, 2007 - Touched

April 18, 2007 - RFE Email received (waiting for snailmail to see what it is they need)

April 23, 2007 - Received RFE in the mail, mailed out RFE to USCIS using express mail, will get there tomorrow (come on NOA2!)

April 25, 2007 - USCIS Received my RFE info and case has resumed processing

April 26, 2007 - Touched, April 27, 2007 - Touched, April 28, 2007 - TOUCHED AGAIN!

May 10, 2007 - NOA2 Email notification (It took 56 days)

May 16, 2007 - Received NOA2 Notice in snail mail

May 18, 2007 - Received Letter from NVC that they are sending our packet to Juarez Consulate this week

May 26, 2007 - Received Fiance Packet!!!!!!

June 5, 2007 - Medical

June 6, 2007 - Interview at Juarez - Visa Denied (Fiance admitted to smoking marijuana cigarette 6 months before the interview, labeled a 'DRUG ADDICT")

November 18, 2009: I sent an inquiry thru the Juarez website asking about our upcoming end to our ban, what to do etc.

December 14, 2009 - Received a reply from the consulate saying that they will forward a request to the immigration department to request a new appt

December 16, 2009 - Received an email from the consulate saying they are ready for my fiance to come for an open appt anytime

February 2, 2010 - Medical - Trip back to Psych far away in dirty office

February 3, 2010 - Pick up Medical Results

February 4, 2010 - Interview, given form 221(g) "Admin Review" and to come back in 6 months for another medical examination. #######.

Hello All:

Just popped to see how everyone is doing - looks like there are some new posters in here and that ppl are getting their visas, wonderful.

We are still waiting out our 3 year ban so as I have said before please remember to brief your fiances before their medical exam not to admit to past drug use even if it was just experimentation. Just don't go there, it's not worth it trust me.

My fiance is very clean, just experimented in high school and then admitted to smoking a joint 6 months before the interview which was a total fluke because he doesn't use drugs or drink. Because of the psychologist at the medical coaxing him to tell the truth "that nothing will happen to affect your visa", my fiance told her that he experimented in high school and smoked marijuana 6 months before his interview so we were denied. The denial turned our whole world upside down not to mention so much $$ down the drain. I remember talking to my fiance after the medical and asked "how did it go?", when he told me what he said all he could hear was screaming from my end of the phone - I couldn't believe it, I knew it was over and done with right there. He got mad at me and said there is nothing to worry about because "the psychologist told him" and I just kept freaking out and crying. He said he couldn't take the stress from me anymore and that he wasn't going to talk to me again until after the interview. Of course the next day he called me crying and apologizing.

We still have 15 more months to go to wait and we are really not sure what we are supposed to do. I am going to try and call the consulate this week as we don't know if we have to re-apply, what to bring with us, nothing. We both were in such a bad state from the denial it was hard to comprehend anything at that time.

We are still holding on though this process is very long and very tough.

If there is anyone out there that has gone though this I would appreciate any input you may have.

Hi Janet,

The last 2 times you were here, I posted some info on 2 other members who went through the same thing you did, and they were approved. They were approved in November/December (somewhere around that time), and you posted your questions sometime in the spring and early summer, I think.

Hello everyone,

I briefly scanned the new posts- and I see someone got their visa!! I will read later and do a better job of congratulating you!!

My question: Do you think the CDJ embassy will be closed on Election Day? I know it's not a "holiday" perhaps, but would they close??

Thanks!

Caity

They're closed on American & Mexican holidays. Here's the info on the holidays: http://www.usembassy-mexico.gov/eng/holidays.html but they've been known to close for no reason, unannounced, which sucks... Good luck!

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

2011 ROC

NOA1 01/24/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Timeline

NM123~ You are too good! You are so helpful! :yes: Thanks for posting that holiday schedule. That's great!

Thanks,

Maria

3/18/2008 Began I-129 F

3/26/2008 Touch/Update

7/11/2008 Sent Jorge Proof of Ongoing Relationship

7/22/2008 TOUCH!! *feels bubbley inside*

7/22/2008 NOA2 By e-mail! WOO!!

7/23/2008 Touch After Approval

7/23/2008 Jorge Received Proof of Ongoing Relationship Packet That I Sent Him

7/26/2008 Received NOA2 Hard Copy

7/28/2008 Petition Arrived to NVC - Got my new case number!

7/30/2008 NVC shipped petition to MEXICO!! Getting closer and closer!

7/30/2008 Petition Arrived to CDJ-(Electronically I suppose???)

8/04/2008 NVC hard copy in my mail box =D

8/30/2008 Packet 3

9/02/2008 Mailing Jorge Interview Packet- Cost me 93 USD; worth it. He will hopefully get it on Thursday evening.

9/04/2008 Jorge Received the packet I sent him for the interview. YAY

9/05/2008 Jorge Received his packet 3 (identical to the one I received)

9/07/2008 Jorge flies to Juarez for Med and Interview

9/08/2008 Medical Date- went well :) He stood in line since 5:30 Am. He finished at 11:15 AM - ish

9/09/2008 Interview- SUCCESS!

9/16/2008 POE

9/17/1008 Arrives to East Wenatchee, WA

9/27/2008 Marriage

AOS EAD Steps

11/07/2008 - And so it begins

11/13/2008 - Touch

11/18/2008 - Appt Letter YAY (Nov. 28)

11/28/2008 - Biometrics Appointment

11/28/2008 - Touch

1/23/2008 - Travel Doc Approved

1/27/2009 - EAD Card ordered

1/31/2009 - Card Recieved

2/18/2009 - First day at new Job :)

4/09/2009 -AOS interview

APPROVED WOO! We are complete!

4/20/2009- Resident Card Received NOW we're complete!

Filed: Timeline

Hey, does anyone know what form we need to bring along to show additional support (e.g., a co-sponsor) under the affidavit of support? It seems to be EITHER the I-134, the I-864 or the Mexican OF-167 ....?

Also, is it strange that the consulate mailed my fiance's materials to ME in the USA, rather than her, in Mexico? This was a surprise to get in the mail!

Thanks!

--Dave

Hey, does anyone know what form we need to bring along to show additional support (e.g., a co-sponsor) under the affidavit of support? It seems to be EITHER the I-134, the I-864 or the Mexican OF-167 ....?

Also, is it strange that the consulate mailed my fiance's materials to ME in the USA, rather than her, in Mexico? This was a surprise to get in the mail!

Thanks!

--Dave

They don't require the I-134, but it's used most often at CDJ by members here. I-864 is for Adjustment of Status. The OF-167 is a list of things you can provide.

I ended up using the I-134 and having it notarized, but when my fiance went to his interview, they only asked for my employment letter, paystubs & tax info. He didn't end up showing the I-134.

Edited by nm123

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

2011 ROC

NOA1 01/24/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Filed: Timeline

Thanks!

--Dave

They don't require the I-134, but it's used most often at CDJ by members here. I-864 is for Adjustment of Status. The OF-167 is a list of things you can provide.

I ended up using the I-134 and having it notarized, but when my fiance went to his interview, they only asked for my employment letter, paystubs & tax info. He didn't end up showing the I-134.

Thanks for the info! The reason I ask about co-sponsor is that I consult, and as such, have month-to-month employment (or at most, a six month consulting contract). So, while I can show income, etc., I figure the co-sponsorship will add a dimension of assurance, if necessary...

sound about right?

thanks!

--Dave

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Does anyone know how long it takes to become a US citizen? Is this when you receive the green card??? Reason I ask is because I know it takes about 1 year to bring a parent to the US after becoming a US citizen, I am just not sure when or how long it takes to become a US citizen. Anyone have any info on this?

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.