waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

I saw your question in the PORTALS tab but didn't answer cause I am not 100% sure. But from what I remember, all you do is check the box stating that you acquired citizenship through birth, you don't list a number or a date or a place issued, you just check the box.

Edited by thegreatgate

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Hey greatgate- I agree, I dislike it when this thread isn't at the beginning!

Anyway, I posted a question in the K-1 Forum, but it seems that no one wants to answer my question, so here it is, hope you guys can help!!

Hey everyone,

I have a question about Part A, Question 10 of the I-129F. My citizenship was acquired through birth in the U.S. The next part says "Give number of certificate, date and place it was issued." Now- I know on the example form here it says just to include that if your citizenship was acquired through naturalization, but is that correct? I feel like I should put a number of my certificate (although it has a million numbers on it so I'm not really sure what number I woudl use anyway...) I just want to make sure that if I leave it blank, that won't cause an RFE. What did you do?? Thanks in advance for your help!

Thank you

Hi there, if your citizenship was acquired though birth in the US just check the box that says "Birth in the US". You only need to put a certificate number if you were naturalized, which is not your case. I was born in the US an I just checked the Birth in the US box, and the application was approved. My husband is here with me now. So don't worry about putting numbers in there.

4.28.07 - Married in Jalisco Mexico - Cozumel Honeymoon for 2 weeks

***I-130***

5.24.07 - I-130 Received in CSC

7.14.07 - Received NOA1 (WOW after 6 weeks, I was worried...called INS and told me CSC had a computer "glitch" causing delays on printing Receipt notices and approvals)

10.30.07 - APPROVED No email, the NOA2 came in the mail...hard copy.

***1-129F***

7.23.07 - I-129F received in Chicago

7.30.07 - Received NOA1

11.21.07 - APPROVED!!!! APPROVED. GOT AN E-MAIL ON THANKSGIVING!

03.03.08- INTERVIEW IN CIUDAD JUAREZ. VISA GRANTED ON 03.03.2008

***AOS & EAD***

3.10.08 - Case Received at Chicago Lockbox, check cashed 3.14.08

3.17.08 - Received both NOA's in the mail

3.21.08 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail, biometrics Appt. 4.02.08

5.05.08 - EAD Card Production ordered GOT EMAIL (we received the same email on 5.09.08)

5.13.08 - Approval Email for EAD (so the card was ordered first, and then we were approved...hum)

5.15.08 - EAD Card Received in mail.

8.08.08 - WE GOT OUR INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT YAY...9/12/08 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

9.24.08 - Received Green Card in the mail YEAH!

***I-751***

6.15.10 - Mailed I-751 Docs to CSC, check cashed 6.24.10

6.26.10 - Received NOA in mail dated 6.21.10

6.29.10 - Received Biometrics appointment for 7.15.10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Wednesday will be 3 weeks since Juarez has received my stuff. I hope they get p3 to me by the end of next week cause I'm planning for a trip to Juarez the 31st.

I am posting this question for a friend of mine. When they called the consulate in Juarez they were told they had to wait for Packet 3 to arrive and then also for Packet 4 which has their appointment date. They are applying for the fiance visa. I know before you could go to the consulate for the interview once you know the consulate has your paperwork. However, when her fiance called the Consulate, he was told he had to wait for Packet 3 and then also for Packet 4 which would have his interview date and time. Did Juarez change its policy?

February 28, 2004 Pedro and I began to date :)

May 24, 2005 I-129F packet sent to NSC

May 26, 2005 I-129F packet arrives at NSC

May 27, 2005 NOA1 (online)

June 3, 2005 NOA1 received by snail mail (dated May 27)

August 22, 2005 NOA2 (online)

August 25, 2005 NOA2 (snailmail)

August 25, 2005 forwarded to NVC

September 12, 2005 forwarded to Consulate (Ciudad Juarez)

October 6, 2005 Consulate says it has received our papers (email)

October 25, 2005 receive Packet 3 (in U.S.)

October 26, 2005 I leave for Juarez (interview!)

October 31, 2005 Pedro gets his visa:)

December 9, 2005 Pedro arrives

December 22, 2005 small wedding

January 30, 2006 NOA 1 receipt date (EAD, AP, AOS)

April 18, 2006 EAD, AOS Biometrics (78 days)

June 23, 2006 large wedding

June 29, 2006 AOS interview

June 30, 2006 AOS approved online

Timeline
Wednesday will be 3 weeks since Juarez has received my stuff. I hope they get p3 to me by the end of next week cause I'm planning for a trip to Juarez the 31st.

I am posting this question for a friend of mine. When they called the consulate in Juarez they were told they had to wait for Packet 3 to arrive and then also for Packet 4 which has their appointment date. They are applying for the fiance visa. I know before you could go to the consulate for the interview once you know the consulate has your paperwork. However, when her fiance called the Consulate, he was told he had to wait for Packet 3 and then also for Packet 4 which would have his interview date and time. Did Juarez change its policy?

There is no packet 4, only packet 3. There is no predetermined date and time, it is open appointments.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

you will only get one packet. In my case my fiance in mexico never recieved a packet. I received it instead. It contained instructions on wich docs needed, medical exam info and where to go , and the invitation letter that you will need to bring too. So if the person in mexico does not recieve anything dont have them worry. The u.s citizen will get it. They can have everything prepared before that arrives so you wont waste no time. All you need is the invitation and you can go any day of the week.

oops not any day...monday through friday.

Does anyone know if I can pay the visa fee $131 in Acapulco, MX or does it need to be paid ONLY in Juarez????

We also wondered about paying the visa fee in my husband's hometown, but decided against it. We just didn't want to risk it or having to pay the visa fee once again in Juarez.

* * * * * * * * * K-1 VISA * * * * * * * * * * * *

06/21/06: Submitted I-129F to the CSC

10/18/06: NOA2 DATE

01/29/07: MEDICAL IN CDJ

01/30/07: INTERVIEW in CDJ **My fiance receives his visa**

03/31/07-04/08/07: I leave to Mexico and bring back my fiance

04/08/07: U.S. ENTRY at LAX

04/23/07: Married in Vegas

* * * * * * * *AOS, AP, & EAD * * * * * * * * * *

05/24/07: Submitted AOS, AP, EAD

06/01/07: NOA1 for AOS & EAD, NOA1 for AP missing, but they received forms

06/06/07: TOUCHED (AOS, AP, EAD)

06/23/07: RFE for I-864 paperwork

07/03/07: Biometrics for AOS & EAD

07/03/07: TOUCHED (EAD)

07/07/07: Submitted response to RFE

07/18/07: TOUCHED (AOS) They received RFE response

08/08/07: AP APPROVED

08/10/07: EAD APPROVED

10/17/07: AOS interview in Los Angeles -- APPROVED, pending name check :(

02/08/08: Name check has cleared, Notice welcoming new resident is mailed out

02/12/08: Card Production ordered, woohoo

02/15/08: Notice welcoming new resident is received

02/21/08: GREEN CARD IN HAND

08/23/08: After 7 years together . . . Religious wedding ceremony and HUGE PARTY in Jalisco, Mexico (we deserve it)

08/24-08/30: Spend our honeymoon in Acapulco, Mexico

Link to video clip of our wedding: http://www.youtube.com/user/dstradaproducc...f/1/wHiId9HZVRc

Nov. 2009: File to Remove Conditions

Timeline

Main reason I ask is because we want to only stay in Juarez 3 days. Day 1 we will arrive in the afternoon and the bank will be closed. Day 2 will be for the medical appointment (DO YOU THINK WE WILL HAVE TIME TO MAKE IT TO THE BANK THE SAME DAY AS THE MEDICAL APPT???) And day 3 of course will be for the actual visa interview. Then we will take off either the same day as receiving the visa or first thing in the morning.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Main reason I ask is because we want to only stay in Juarez 3 days. Day 1 we will arrive in the afternoon and the bank will be closed. Day 2 will be for the medical appointment (DO YOU THINK WE WILL HAVE TIME TO MAKE IT TO THE BANK THE SAME DAY AS THE MEDICAL APPT???) And day 3 of course will be for the actual visa interview. Then we will take off either the same day as receiving the visa or first thing in the morning.

You will have plenty of time, it only takes about 15 minutes in the bank to pay the fee. The medical is usually done by lunch and then you have to go back after 2:30 to pick it up. There is a Banamex very close to the consulate.

You will have plenty of time, it only takes about 15 minutes in the bank to pay the fee. The medical is usually done by lunch and then you have to go back after 2:30 to pick it up. There is a Banamex very close to the consulate.

Yep, that's right. My husband was out of his medical by 11 am, and they told him to go pick up his results at 4 p.m. We did have a lot of time to do it, so you should be ok.

We walked from the cosulate to the bank...long blocks...but we made it...

4.28.07 - Married in Jalisco Mexico - Cozumel Honeymoon for 2 weeks

***I-130***

5.24.07 - I-130 Received in CSC

7.14.07 - Received NOA1 (WOW after 6 weeks, I was worried...called INS and told me CSC had a computer "glitch" causing delays on printing Receipt notices and approvals)

10.30.07 - APPROVED No email, the NOA2 came in the mail...hard copy.

***1-129F***

7.23.07 - I-129F received in Chicago

7.30.07 - Received NOA1

11.21.07 - APPROVED!!!! APPROVED. GOT AN E-MAIL ON THANKSGIVING!

03.03.08- INTERVIEW IN CIUDAD JUAREZ. VISA GRANTED ON 03.03.2008

***AOS & EAD***

3.10.08 - Case Received at Chicago Lockbox, check cashed 3.14.08

3.17.08 - Received both NOA's in the mail

3.21.08 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail, biometrics Appt. 4.02.08

5.05.08 - EAD Card Production ordered GOT EMAIL (we received the same email on 5.09.08)

5.13.08 - Approval Email for EAD (so the card was ordered first, and then we were approved...hum)

5.15.08 - EAD Card Received in mail.

8.08.08 - WE GOT OUR INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT YAY...9/12/08 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

9.24.08 - Received Green Card in the mail YEAH!

***I-751***

6.15.10 - Mailed I-751 Docs to CSC, check cashed 6.24.10

6.26.10 - Received NOA in mail dated 6.21.10

6.29.10 - Received Biometrics appointment for 7.15.10

Timeline

4 weeks and 1 day since Juarez :bonk: received my petition. Still no packet 3!!! What should I do? I tried calling the 900 number but it does not work on my cell phone and I do not have a house phone. What is the hold up? :unsure:

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

What do you guys make of the crisis in Ciudad Juarez? The police chief recently got up and left because his life was in danger. There were 30 murders in the last week. Calderon is sending 2000 soldiers there and a few hundred federal agents....I know it is between the Mexican government and the drug cartels but I am really concerned because my SO will be traveling to Juarez alone.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...ds.6604737.html

Edited by thegreatgate

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Just wanted to let everyone know that I filed the I-129F last week and the check was cashed yesterday so I created the online account. And I know I'm going to want to check it constantly even though nothing will change. crappp.

"There was a boy with skin as dark as the earth & a girl with eyes as blue as the deep & they loved each other so well that people could not tell them apart, for in their hearts, there was no difference between them." -Brian Andreas

3-20-08: I-129F Petition Sent

3-24-08: NOA1

7-25-08: NOA2

10-27-08: Medical Exam

10-28-08: Interview! Approved!

12-20-08: U.S. Entry (POE Chicago)

1-2-09: Marriage

1-27-09: AOS package sent

2-3-09: NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-131

2-9-09: RFE received (need more income info. for household member)

2-24-09: Biometrics appoinment

2-25-09: RFE information sent back

Timeline

What do you guys make of the crisis in Ciudad Juarez? The police chief recently got up and left because his life was in danger.

Earlier this week, hitmen left two bodies, their hands tied behind their backs, at the entrance of the city. Police Chief Emilio Pérez, whose force has had two officers killed, was threatened by phone and told that he would be next. Within hours, the six remaining police officers quit their jobs. Mr. Pérez drove across the border and asked for political asylum.

There were 30 murders in the last week. I know it is between the Mexican government and drug cartels but I am really concerned because my SO will be traveling to Juarez alone.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...ds.6604737.html

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.