waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

does anyone know if cdj requires the k2 child present at the interview?

It looks like if the child is under 14, yes. Here's the instructions on the CDJ website, and it's in the first paragraph: http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/wwwfcdj435.pdf

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

I-485, I-131, I-765 sent: 9/18

NOAs for forms - all rec'd 10/24

Biometrics appt letter - rec'd 11/01; walk-in 11/12

EAD approved 12/22; card production 12/24

AP 12/22 approved; 12/29 received in mail

2009 3/6 AOS interview: approved!

2011 ROC

Submitted I-751 01/20/2011

NOA1 01/24/2011

Biometrics Letter rec'd 02/07/2011

Biometrics Appointment 2/28/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

It looks like if the child is under 14, yes. Here's the instructions on the CDJ website, and it's in the first paragraph: http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/wwwfcdj435.pdf

I meant to edit:

It looks like if the child is under 14, yes. Here's the "Appointment Package for Immigrant Visa Applicants" (even though the K1 is a non-immigrant visa, I looked here) instructions on the CDJ website, and it's in the first paragraph: http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/wwwfcdj435.pdf

And on the "Fiancee Packet" instructions, it says if the child is under 21 and going to the US too, you need to provide valid, original birth certificate, medical exam, photographs, and the DS-156 form by duplicate: http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/wwwfcdj400.pdf

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

2011 ROC

NOA1 01/24/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Did everyone bring an ORIGINAL birth certificate to Juarez? I sent my fiance's original with my I129F submission! So we only have copies. We are just trying to save 30 or 40 dollars, do you think that we should get another original or will the Juarez consulate have it on file? Or better yet, do they even ask for a bc?

Yes, an original and a copy of the birth certificate. Here are the instructions: http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/wwwfcdj400.pdf Since you have some time before you receive your Fiancee Packet in the mail, you should have her get another original certificate. With the I-129F submission, you should have only given a copy of any documents (birth/naturalization/citizenship certificates, divorce decrees). I'm not sure if they will have the original you sent, since I've heard that you should not expect to receive anything with the I-129f original submission back to you.

Hope this helps...

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

2011 ROC

NOA1 01/24/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Did everyone bring an ORIGINAL birth certificate to Juarez? I sent my fiance's original with my I129F submission! So we only have copies. We are just trying to save 30 or 40 dollars, do you think that we should get another original or will the Juarez consulate have it on file? Or better yet, do they even ask for a bc?

Oh, and copies of birth certificates in Mexico are not 30 or 40 dollars, they don't even cost that much in the U.S. The price for an origina birth certificate in Mexico varies, but it shoud not cost more than $40 pesos (4 dollars). (my husbands was just 25 pesos).

So If I were you I would spend 4 more bucks and get an original and be safe.

4.28.07 - Married in Jalisco Mexico - Cozumel Honeymoon for 2 weeks

***I-130***

5.24.07 - I-130 Received in CSC

7.14.07 - Received NOA1 (WOW after 6 weeks, I was worried...called INS and told me CSC had a computer "glitch" causing delays on printing Receipt notices and approvals)

10.30.07 - APPROVED No email, the NOA2 came in the mail...hard copy.

***1-129F***

7.23.07 - I-129F received in Chicago

7.30.07 - Received NOA1

11.21.07 - APPROVED!!!! APPROVED. GOT AN E-MAIL ON THANKSGIVING!

03.03.08- INTERVIEW IN CIUDAD JUAREZ. VISA GRANTED ON 03.03.2008

***AOS & EAD***

3.10.08 - Case Received at Chicago Lockbox, check cashed 3.14.08

3.17.08 - Received both NOA's in the mail

3.21.08 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail, biometrics Appt. 4.02.08

5.05.08 - EAD Card Production ordered GOT EMAIL (we received the same email on 5.09.08)

5.13.08 - Approval Email for EAD (so the card was ordered first, and then we were approved...hum)

5.15.08 - EAD Card Received in mail.

8.08.08 - WE GOT OUR INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT YAY...9/12/08 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

9.24.08 - Received Green Card in the mail YEAH!

***I-751***

6.15.10 - Mailed I-751 Docs to CSC, check cashed 6.24.10

6.26.10 - Received NOA in mail dated 6.21.10

6.29.10 - Received Biometrics appointment for 7.15.10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes, an original and a copy of the birth certificate. Here are the instructions: http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/wwwfcdj400.pdf Since you have some time before you receive your Fiancee Packet in the mail, you should have her get another original certificate. With the I-129F submission, you should have only given a copy of any documents (birth/naturalization/citizenship certificates, divorce decrees). I'm not sure if they will have the original you sent, since I've heard that you should not expect to receive anything with the I-129f original submission back to you.

Hope this helps...

thanks for the responces nm123. appreciate it.

Hope this helps...

thanks for the responces nm123. appreciate it.

Sure thing! You will still have about 2 months before receiving your fiance packet with the open appointment letter and instructions. The consulate sends it to both the beneficiary and the petitioner, but because of the mail system in MX, she may not receive it, so you can scan your appointment letter and email it to her. Or just give it to her in Juarez and wait for her outside while the interview is going on.

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

2011 ROC

NOA1 01/24/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Timeline
Besides hotel stay, airfare, and food. What is the cost of getting the K1 visa? I think there is a 135 fee for the medical. Anything else for the actual visa?

$131 for the visa..thats for each person..so if you got k2's then thats a seperate fee for the visa and the medical as well. and dont forget the passport pics.i been reading the reviews on juarez and everyone suggests that even if you bring your own its best to get them done across the street from the embassy since they prefer those. im gonna do that too just in case. i wanna cover all bases so there wont be any issues.

Timeline

Sure thing! You will still have about 2 months before receiving your fiance packet with the open appointment letter and instructions. The consulate sends it to both the beneficiary and the petitioner, but because of the mail system in MX, she may not receive it, so you can scan your appointment letter and email it to her. Or just give it to her in Juarez and wait for her outside while the interview is going on.

yea..its been 3 weeks since i got the letter from nvc. im gonna call cdj this monday. i think i waited long enough to see if they recieved the petition. thanks to everyone for this thread!

Timeline
So 131 for the visa, another 135 for the medical, plus fees for the pictures, plus hotel, plus food, plus airfare. Am I missing anything or is that it?

dont forget the taxis. one bit of advice my fiance said was to not be too soft on the local taxi drivers. they will screw you if they see your passive. tell your fiancee not to give in when they try and boost up the fare. im sure she can conjur up a bit of mexican attitude. luckily i speak spanish too so i wont get ripped off myself.

Timeline

Yes, they do

K-1

6-16-07 Mailed in I-129F

6-26--07 NOA1

7-03-07 touched?

10-29-07 TOUCHED!! And Later in the day-APPROVED!!! (found out on line on the 30th)

11-06-07 received NOA2 in the mail

12-10-07 NVC received

12-12-07 Left NVC

01-14-08 USC received packet 3 in the mail

01-21-08 Fiancee received packet 3 in the mail

02-13-08 VISA ISSUED

02-27-08 Fiancee entered the country

03-20-08 Married! (First Day of Spring)

AOS, AP & EAD

03-29-08 Mailed in AOS, AP & EAD Application

04-04-08 NOAs for AOS, AP & EAD (arrived in mail APR 7)

4-11-08 letter for biometrics arrived in the mail

4-22-08 Biometrics

5-30-08 EAD and AP approved

06-06-2008 AP arrived in the mail

06-07-2008 EAD arrived in the mail

06-12-2008 AOS Approved

06-19-2008 Greencard in hand

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the I-129F process... and I am trying to get all the forms ready so I can send out the petition soon. Today, I was reading some forums and came upon the I-601 Waiver... I would like to know if anyone out there could tell me why a fiance is denied the Fiance Visa and given the chance to fill out a I-601 Waiver. My fiance has never been in the U.S. (neither legally nor illegally), does not have any criminal records, nor any serious illnesses. Would he be denied for any other reasons? He's already nervous because he was once denied the B-2 visa and he doesn't want to experience that kind of rejection again (and a whole lot more money and emotions are involved this time). So, if anyone could help me out or let me know your experiences- or advice for avoiding a visa denial at the interview, I'd appreciate it. Like I said, I'm new to the whole process, and I'm just trying to familiarize myself with everything so there are no surprises in the future. Thanks so much!!!

Caity

"There was a boy with skin as dark as the earth & a girl with eyes as blue as the deep & they loved each other so well that people could not tell them apart, for in their hearts, there was no difference between them." -Brian Andreas

3-20-08: I-129F Petition Sent

3-24-08: NOA1

7-25-08: NOA2

10-27-08: Medical Exam

10-28-08: Interview! Approved!

12-20-08: U.S. Entry (POE Chicago)

1-2-09: Marriage

1-27-09: AOS package sent

2-3-09: NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-131

2-9-09: RFE received (need more income info. for household member)

2-24-09: Biometrics appoinment

2-25-09: RFE information sent back

Timeline
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the I-129F process... and I am trying to get all the forms ready so I can send out the petition soon. Today, I was reading some forums and came upon the I-601 Waiver... I would like to know if anyone out there could tell me why a fiance is denied the Fiance Visa and given the chance to fill out a I-601 Waiver. My fiance has never been in the U.S. (neither legally nor illegally), does not have any criminal records, nor any serious illnesses. Would he be denied for any other reasons? He's already nervous because he was once denied the B-2 visa and he doesn't want to experience that kind of rejection again (and a whole lot more money and emotions are involved this time). So, if anyone could help me out or let me know your experiences- or advice for avoiding a visa denial at the interview, I'd appreciate it. Like I said, I'm new to the whole process, and I'm just trying to familiarize myself with everything so there are no surprises in the future. Thanks so much!!!

Caity

hey caity,

There has been some posts of people have been refused the b2 visa but that did not stop them from getting the k1 approved. I would just make sure you read all the guides on here and make sure you have enough evidence. i been on this site for 2 months and I am here at least one hour every night reading up as much as I can and have a notebook to keep the imortant points of advice people post on here. Read the consulate reviews too, their very helpful. Dont worry so much. I think all of us go through the same motions but once you see that others are in your same situation and they make it out fine it makes you feel so much better. Thanks to this site I am doing this myself instead of getting ripped off by a lawyer. My initial petition was screwed up by an agency btw. Now that I see what it takes I would have done it myself the first time around. Good luck to you. Any help just ask.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hello everyone,

Caity

the waivers are only for people who have been in the United States illegally. If that's not the case, then don't worry about it. There can also be questions about the validity of your relationship, so bring lots of proof, they may or may not want to see it. For example, in our case, the officer barely looked through our photo album. Besides that, the only other major denial on this site seems to be for drug use.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.