waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
As soon as we recieve it I will let you all know :)

And thank you for the congrates! But KitKat....I'm sure you'll get yours WAY before I get mine so will you let me know when you get yours? :)

Hola everyone,

I just thought I would say hi, how cool all of us are petitioning for our fiances from Mexico. I just wanted to add something to this post. We have many similarities: our boyfriends/fiance's are all from Mexico, we are all in the k1 process (some a bit more ahead than others), we are all female (right? at least I think). Where are your novios from? Mine is from Jalisco!

Viva Mexico! :P

I know....this whole time I've been on here, I've been wanting to find others with fiance's in Meixco...This is nice :) My fiance is in Chilpancingo, Guerrero.

Mine is from Guadalajara, Jalisco...I am originally from Norfolk, United Kingdom but became a Citizen late last year, Miriam and I are great together and we long to get the K-1 process done so we can marry and be together all the time, right now she is visiting on a B2 visa...

I-129F ....Sent Via Certified USPS To USCIS Vermont Center 01/16/2008

I-129F ....Arrived At USCIS Vermont Service Center 01/18/2008

Check For $455.00 Cashed By Vermont Service Center 01/24/2008

NOA-1.... 01/28/2008

NOA-2.... 03/18/2008

NVC Received Packet.... 03/21/2008

NVC Mailed Packet To Consulate Mexico.... 03/23/2008

Consulate - Ciudad Juarez Received Packet.... 03/31/2008

Consulate - Ciudad Juarez Packet 3 Mailed Packet.... 04/02/2008

Miriam Receives Packet 3 In Mexican Mail.... 04/12/2008

Interview in Ciudad Juarez on 05/07/2008

POE El Paso, TX on 05/07/2008

Married in Las Vegas on 08/05/2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Does anyone know if there would be any problem if my Mexican fiance is not physically present at her house when they deliver the CDJ packet? We received notice that the application was being mailed to the consulate about 2.5 weeks ago.

Hi there,

Are there any K3 visa filers waiting for your interview in Juarez???

When my wife's case was sent to Juarez it took about a month to get the appointment letter. They will send it to both the Mexican Address and the US address. I dont know if they are backed up or not but our appointment was about a month after we received the letter.

Does anyone know if there would be any problem if my Mexican fiance is not physically present at her house when they deliver the CDJ packet? We received notice that the application was being mailed to the consulate about 2.5 weeks ago.

Hi there,

When my wife's case was sent to Juarez it took about a month to get the appointment letter. They will send it to both the Mexican Address and the US address. I dont know if they are backed up or not but our appointment was about a month after we received the letter.

Thanks for the response! Question for you Gaby&Talbert, since you applied for a K3 visa maybe you can help. When you receive the packet from Juarez do we need to send any forms back in order to get an interview? Or do you just get a packet with the interview letter?

Thanks,

-YG

4.28.07 - Married in Jalisco Mexico - Cozumel Honeymoon for 2 weeks

***I-130***

5.24.07 - I-130 Received in CSC

7.14.07 - Received NOA1 (WOW after 6 weeks, I was worried...called INS and told me CSC had a computer "glitch" causing delays on printing Receipt notices and approvals)

10.30.07 - APPROVED No email, the NOA2 came in the mail...hard copy.

***1-129F***

7.23.07 - I-129F received in Chicago

7.30.07 - Received NOA1

11.21.07 - APPROVED!!!! APPROVED. GOT AN E-MAIL ON THANKSGIVING!

03.03.08- INTERVIEW IN CIUDAD JUAREZ. VISA GRANTED ON 03.03.2008

***AOS & EAD***

3.10.08 - Case Received at Chicago Lockbox, check cashed 3.14.08

3.17.08 - Received both NOA's in the mail

3.21.08 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail, biometrics Appt. 4.02.08

5.05.08 - EAD Card Production ordered GOT EMAIL (we received the same email on 5.09.08)

5.13.08 - Approval Email for EAD (so the card was ordered first, and then we were approved...hum)

5.15.08 - EAD Card Received in mail.

8.08.08 - WE GOT OUR INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT YAY...9/12/08 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

9.24.08 - Received Green Card in the mail YEAH!

***I-751***

6.15.10 - Mailed I-751 Docs to CSC, check cashed 6.24.10

6.26.10 - Received NOA in mail dated 6.21.10

6.29.10 - Received Biometrics appointment for 7.15.10

Timeline

hi all.

i got a few questions. i got a letter from the visa center on jan 17th saying they will forward my petition to juarez. when should i call to see if it was sent out and will i get a packet myself? and does anyone know if the k2 child has to attend the interview? thanks all.

Timeline
hi all.

i got a few questions. i got a letter from the visa center on jan 17th saying they will forward my petition to juarez. when should i call to see if it was sent out and will i get a packet myself? and does anyone know if the k2 child has to attend the interview? thanks all.

By the time you got the letter, the packet was already sent out. See my time line-ours was in and out of NVC in 2 days. Then I got the packet about 30 days later. And my fiancee got hers about a week later. If the child is under 14 I think they don't have to go...have you looked at the Juarez Embassy web site? There is a link to it from the embassy page here on VJ...

K-1

6-16-07 Mailed in I-129F

6-26--07 NOA1

7-03-07 touched?

10-29-07 TOUCHED!! And Later in the day-APPROVED!!! (found out on line on the 30th)

11-06-07 received NOA2 in the mail

12-10-07 NVC received

12-12-07 Left NVC

01-14-08 USC received packet 3 in the mail

01-21-08 Fiancee received packet 3 in the mail

02-13-08 VISA ISSUED

02-27-08 Fiancee entered the country

03-20-08 Married! (First Day of Spring)

AOS, AP & EAD

03-29-08 Mailed in AOS, AP & EAD Application

04-04-08 NOAs for AOS, AP & EAD (arrived in mail APR 7)

4-11-08 letter for biometrics arrived in the mail

4-22-08 Biometrics

5-30-08 EAD and AP approved

06-06-2008 AP arrived in the mail

06-07-2008 EAD arrived in the mail

06-12-2008 AOS Approved

06-19-2008 Greencard in hand

Hi guys,

I just want to share with you, we finally have our appointment date for our K3 visa...it will be on March 3rd!!!!

Thanks for all your help!!!

4.28.07 - Married in Jalisco Mexico - Cozumel Honeymoon for 2 weeks

***I-130***

5.24.07 - I-130 Received in CSC

7.14.07 - Received NOA1 (WOW after 6 weeks, I was worried...called INS and told me CSC had a computer "glitch" causing delays on printing Receipt notices and approvals)

10.30.07 - APPROVED No email, the NOA2 came in the mail...hard copy.

***1-129F***

7.23.07 - I-129F received in Chicago

7.30.07 - Received NOA1

11.21.07 - APPROVED!!!! APPROVED. GOT AN E-MAIL ON THANKSGIVING!

03.03.08- INTERVIEW IN CIUDAD JUAREZ. VISA GRANTED ON 03.03.2008

***AOS & EAD***

3.10.08 - Case Received at Chicago Lockbox, check cashed 3.14.08

3.17.08 - Received both NOA's in the mail

3.21.08 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail, biometrics Appt. 4.02.08

5.05.08 - EAD Card Production ordered GOT EMAIL (we received the same email on 5.09.08)

5.13.08 - Approval Email for EAD (so the card was ordered first, and then we were approved...hum)

5.15.08 - EAD Card Received in mail.

8.08.08 - WE GOT OUR INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT YAY...9/12/08 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

9.24.08 - Received Green Card in the mail YEAH!

***I-751***

6.15.10 - Mailed I-751 Docs to CSC, check cashed 6.24.10

6.26.10 - Received NOA in mail dated 6.21.10

6.29.10 - Received Biometrics appointment for 7.15.10

Timeline
Hi guys,

I just want to share with you, we finally have our appointment date for our K3 visa...it will be on March 3rd!!!!

Thanks for all your help!!!

Groovy! Good Luck!

K-1

6-16-07 Mailed in I-129F

6-26--07 NOA1

7-03-07 touched?

10-29-07 TOUCHED!! And Later in the day-APPROVED!!! (found out on line on the 30th)

11-06-07 received NOA2 in the mail

12-10-07 NVC received

12-12-07 Left NVC

01-14-08 USC received packet 3 in the mail

01-21-08 Fiancee received packet 3 in the mail

02-13-08 VISA ISSUED

02-27-08 Fiancee entered the country

03-20-08 Married! (First Day of Spring)

AOS, AP & EAD

03-29-08 Mailed in AOS, AP & EAD Application

04-04-08 NOAs for AOS, AP & EAD (arrived in mail APR 7)

4-11-08 letter for biometrics arrived in the mail

4-22-08 Biometrics

5-30-08 EAD and AP approved

06-06-2008 AP arrived in the mail

06-07-2008 EAD arrived in the mail

06-12-2008 AOS Approved

06-19-2008 Greencard in hand

Timeline

Hi there,

Thanks for the response! Question for you Gaby&Talbert, since you applied for a K3 visa maybe you can help. When you receive the packet from Juarez do we need to send any forms back in order to get an interview? Or do you just get a packet with the interview letter?

Thanks,

-YG

We didnt have to send anything back, only take the items with us to the interview.

hi all.

I called them about 2 weeks after the NVC sent it and they told me when they received it.

Timeline

Hi there,

Thanks,

-YG

We didnt have to send anything back, only take the items with us to the interview.

hi all.

I called them about 2 weeks after the NVC sent it and they told me when they received it.

i gotta call that 1900 number right?

Timeline

hi everyone..kinda new to cdj and recently joined the juarez thread..my names julio and my fiancee Juany lives in Monterey mexico. last i know nvc sent me the letter saying that it has received our petition and will be sending it to juarez. that was on the 17th of jan. so im not sure how long to wait for the packet and if im going to get it or she will. i been reading a few posts that the fiance's in mexico never get the packet. well i hope one of us gets it so i can atleast know that we can go to juarez. im preparing everything ahead of time but i believe we need the appt letter saying its ok to go to juarez right? good luck to all of you

Timeline
hi everyone..kinda new to cdj and recently joined the juarez thread..my names julio and my fiancee Juany lives in Monterey mexico. last i know nvc sent me the letter saying that it has received our petition and will be sending it to juarez. that was on the 17th of jan. so im not sure how long to wait for the packet and if im going to get it or she will. i been reading a few posts that the fiance's in mexico never get the packet. well i hope one of us gets it so i can atleast know that we can go to juarez. im preparing everything ahead of time but i believe we need the appt letter saying its ok to go to juarez right? good luck to all of you

Dont worry one will be sent to you in the US also. Just get everything together that is listed on the consulate website.

New Ciudad Juarez consulate location.

Hello everyone,

I visited the Ciudad Juarez forum (http://www.smf.juarez-mexico.com/) today and saw that in June 2008, there will be a new location for the consulate. Is anyone on here thinking that their interview will be at this new location? The info about this update is located at: http://www.smf.juarez-mexico.com/index.php...g39006#msg39006

Excerpt:

"By mid-March 2008, the consulate believes that it will be able to comply with the "30/60-day" Congressional mandate. That rule requires the consulate to schedule an IV interview within 30 days of receipt of an immediate relative application from the NVC; the consulate must schedule the interview within 60 days for a preference category case. Due to the high volume of applications and increased demand, the consulate has been unable to meet that requirement.

"Upcoming move. The consulate anticipates a huge demand for services next year when millions of laser visas (border crossing cards) throughout Mexico will need to be renewed. Another demand will come through implementation of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative, which will require U.S. citizens to have a passport to travel to and from Mexico. The consulate will be moving into new facilities in June 2008, which will be larger, more modern, and better able to accommodate the increased number of immigrant and nonimmigrant visa applicants, as well as U.S. citizens seeking services. All of the various consular and USCIS offices will be housed together in this new compound, which will be located a little bit farther into Cd. Juarez (nine miles from the Port of Entry).

"The physical move next summer should not cause much interruption in services."

Question - what is this 30/60 day Congressional mandate? Does this mean that K-1 visas will require appointments now, instead of the open appointment letter?

Thanks all,

nm

Edited by nm123

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

I-485, I-131, I-765 sent: 9/18

NOAs for forms - all rec'd 10/24

Biometrics appt letter - rec'd 11/01; walk-in 11/12

EAD approved 12/22; card production 12/24

AP 12/22 approved; 12/29 received in mail

2009 3/6 AOS interview: approved!

2011 ROC

Submitted I-751 01/20/2011

NOA1 01/24/2011

Biometrics Letter rec'd 02/07/2011

Biometrics Appointment 2/28/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

2011 ROC

NOA1 01/24/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Just received NOA 2 notice today! Couple of questions....

1) I know I can prepare everything in packet 3 ahead of time, but....What paper do I need before I can officially go to the embassy? Does that come with my packet 3 papers?

2) You know how visajourney has its own INTENT TO MARRY format, can I use that or do I need to use the CJD 401 form off the Juarez website?

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Just received NOA 2 notice today! Couple of questions....

1) I know I can prepare everything in packet 3 ahead of time, but....What paper do I need before I can officially go to the embassy? Does that come with my packet 3 papers?

2) You know how visajourney has its own INTENT TO MARRY format, can I use that or do I need to use the CJD 401 form off the Juarez website?

Congratulations on receiving NOA2! You'll need to receive your open appointment letter, which will come with Packet 3. On the Juarez website, it is "Instructions, form CDJ 400." At the end, it states:

"...THIRD: As soon as you have obtained all of the documents that apply in your case, you can come to this Consulate any working day Monday thru Friday between 8:00 to 10:00 a.m."

As for the Intent to Marry, I've seen people use either form. If you look at the one on the Juarez website, the example letter was last updated Sep 2005, and people have used the VJ one since after Sep 2005.

Good luck with everything!

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

2011 ROC

NOA1 01/24/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.