waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Maybe someone can help....I was just doing some last minute things and I read on the juarez consulates website that ALL visa applicants have to fill out that form or they wont be allowed in for the interview (I dont even remember the form I was soo freaked out but I think its the I-156). Does this apply to IR 1 visas too??? My packet 4 says nothing about doing this??

Becki :star:

EVAF DS-156 = Non-Immigrant visa application

You're applying for an IMMIGRANT visa, right?

Yeah your right Kitkat thanks. Im really nervous about the interview and when I saw that I lost it. But thanks for pointing that out!!

Becki :star:

Becki and Memo

CR-1

May 19, 2004 > Married ~Civil Ceremony in Mexico!!

Sept. 3 > Mailed I-130 to Nebraska Service Center

Sept. 13>CSC Recieved I-130

Oct. 4 > Recieved NOA1 (from Cali Service Center)

Dec. 9 > Touched

Jan. 6, 2005> Touched

Jan. 12> APPROVED (by email notice)

Feb. 3> Recieved DS3032/AOS Fee Bill

Feb.9> Mailed AOS Bill to St. Louis

Mar.17> Recieved Affidivit of Support

Mar.29>Mailed DS 3032

Apr.11>IV Fee Generated

Apr.22. IV Fee Recieved

Jan. 2006> Wedding Ceremony in Mexico (we decide to push back the visa process so we can stay longer in Mexico)

APRIL 2006- FINALLY PAID IV FEE (one year later)

June 30th - Recieve RFE on I-864.

Oct. - Mailed RFE with new I-864

Sept. 13 2006- Approved and sent to embassy (how before I even fixed the stupid RFE I dont know! And yes I checked with CDJ and they recieved it)

July 9 - recieved emial with interview date

Sept. 7 2007 - INTERVIEW DATE

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Make sure if you don't get in to be available if she needs you. There are places across the street to wait and a couple of restaurants, just make sure she knows where you are if she needs you.

Since the US Consulate policy is that no fiances or spouses can enter the consulate, you are not required to be there or available.

Not in his post but I talked to him before and he said he was flying in and out of ELP.

Common sense generally tells us to address the questions posted here.

We work pretty hard at providing accurate and relevant information to CDJ filers.

:wacko:

I only stated what I observed and that was people came out looking for their spouse or fiance for something, more money, new photos, etc. Yes they are not required to be there but as a husband supporting my wife I would not want her to be alone in the process. If I was needed or not I was there to support her.

Yes everyone can do it alone and if they have everything they need then they won't have any problems.

Filed: Timeline
And if you do encounter a problem, insist on being let inside to talk to the CO (lie if you have to and say they asked for you). Always better to resolve issues on the spot than after you leave.

Can you really insist on being let in the Consulate? What sort of problems would warrant this? Would this be something done when a fiance comes out and says they didn't get the visa? Even for an Administrative Review (which I still don't understand what that is for and how they come about throwing that card on the table)? Just curious since I hadn't read this before. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
And if you do encounter a problem, insist on being let inside to talk to the CO (lie if you have to and say they asked for you). Always better to resolve issues on the spot than after you leave.

Can you really insist on being let in the Consulate? What sort of problems would warrant this? Would this be something done when a fiance comes out and says they didn't get the visa? Even for an Administrative Review (which I still don't understand what that is for and how they come about throwing that card on the table)? Just curious since I hadn't read this before. :)

No you cannot insist unless there's a serious issue. My point was, if there IS something fishy going on that needs to be addressed, it's much smarter and easier to do it there, at the moment than to try to resolve it from the US. One member's fiance was told he needed more relationship proof which they didn't have - the next day the USC had to push her way into talk to the IO. This is very unusual so don't plan on having a need for it or on trying it.

CDJ rarely has AR - once in a while someone gets stuck in a delay due to a name hit on a fingerprint.

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

I don't know where else to ask this, I guess of anyone here you all would be the ones who might know. How do you get a Mexican divorce? Or can anyone point me to the information...thanks.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Timeline

http://www.international-divorce.com/d-mexico.htm

http://www.usembassy-mexico.gov/eng/eacs_marriage.html

Marriage and Divorce in Mexico

As in the United States, each state in Mexico determines its marriage and divorce procedures. You should contact the office of the Registro Civil in the jurisdiction where you plan to get married for complete information about the requirements.

A marriage that is properly executed in Mexico is valid in the United States provided the marriage would be legal in the United States. To obtain a divorce in Mexico, you must be a resident of Mexico. Usually this process takes everal months and you must reside here for at least 6 months before applying for the divorce. You may wish to retain an attorney in Mexico with experience in divorce proceedings.

Timeline

As in the United States, each state in Mexico determines its marriage and divorce procedures. You should contact the office of the Registro Civil in the jurisdiction where you plan to get married for complete information about the requirements.

A marriage that is properly executed in Mexico is valid in the United States provided the marriage would be legal in the United States. To obtain a divorce in Mexico, you must be a resident of Mexico. Usually this process takes everal months and you must reside here for at least 6 months before applying for the divorce. You may wish to retain an attorney in Mexico with experience in divorce proceedings.

O.M.G.

-Oscar the Grouch

Timeline

O.M.G.

This better NOT be for you Missy!

Timeline

This better NOT be for you Missy!

:( I hate to say it, but it is.

No me digas - after all you've been through NO NO NO.

:crying:

Timeline

I know...I know. It was always just a matter of time I think. It was just waiting on me finally making that decision that I'm ready to move on with my life. However, it looks like it's not going to be so easy to do that. I'm wondering if there are annullments in Mexico? Vismaster-I was also wondering about that. I don't know anything about divorces so I'm hoping I can at least figure out some basic info before we make any final decision.

-Oscar the Grouch

Timeline

WE GOT THE K1 VISA!!!!!!!! :thumbs:

... and from what I can tell, in record time!! She walked through the consulate doors shortly after 8:00 am and walked out at about 11:30 am with visa in hand!!!! Absolutely no kinks or issues ... she didn't even have to get a new photo!! We are just absolutely ecstatic right now and equally burnt out. It's a nerve racking process and study as you might, it's just all so different when you are physically here.

I can't thank everyone here enough for having taken the time to document their experience. We were admittedly over-prepared by about a factor of 10 but it was all well worth it.

When I get back stateside, I will have a full minute-by-minute report from how we got here to when we left. I'll also include a lot of photos ... many of which I had to take all stealth like as consualte gaurds and cameras do not mix haha. But I'm hoping the photos will give the would-be CDJ'er just that much more sense of comfort. I'll tell you this, the American consulate here is as Spartan as it gets and hardly the exercise in opulance at least I had expected.

Thanks again all and I'm looking forward to sharing our experience in minute detail soon!!

|| Adjustment of Status ||

01.09.09 :: Interview passed and conditional GC granted

11.17.08 :: Appointment Notice for Interview on 01.09.09

06.09.08 :: EAD received

06.06.08 :: AP received

06.02.08 :: EAD touched; card production ordered

05.30.08 :: AP touched

05.08.08 :: Biometrics appointment; AOS and EAD touched

04.28.08 :: Appointment Notice for Biometrics on 05.08.08

04.22.08 :: NOA1 receipt confirmation (AOS, AP, EAD)

04.21.08 :: Application fee processed

03.09.08 :: Application received by USCIS

03.07.08 :: Submitted I-485 Adjustment of Status (incl AP, EAD)

|| K1 Fiance Visa ||

12.01.07 :: Marriage date

09.29.07 :: Entered U.S. via San Ysidro POE

09.21.07 :: Cena de Compramisos - officially proposed

09.04.07 :: CDJ interview - visa granted (full report)

09.03.07 :: CDJ medical exam taken

08.11.07 :: CDJ packet received by beneficiary

07.15.07 :: CDJ packet received by petitioner

06.20.07 :: NOA2 petition approval

06.19.07 :: Touched

06.14.07 :: Touched - CSC confirmed receipt of RFE response

06.06.07 :: RFE received by CSC

05.30.07 :: RFE replied

05.28.07 :: RFE received

05.21.07 :: Touched

03.09.07 :: NOA1 receipt confirmation

03.07.07 :: Application fee processed

03.06.07 :: Application received by CSC

02.28.07 :: Submitted I-129F Petition for Fiance Visa

05.17.05 :: Registered on VisaJourney.com

12.21.04 :: She hit on me first ... really... I swear

Timeline

Congrats - so glad to hear you had a painless experience!!!!!!!

Timeline
Congrats - so glad to hear you had a painless experience!!!!!!!

Well does sunburn count?? :D

In all seriousness, it was painless only because people like you kitkat take the time to share information. I'll be doing the same shortly and hopefulyl folks will continue to do so. I met a few really good people also waiting for their significant other who could have really benefited from this site.

|| Adjustment of Status ||

01.09.09 :: Interview passed and conditional GC granted

11.17.08 :: Appointment Notice for Interview on 01.09.09

06.09.08 :: EAD received

06.06.08 :: AP received

06.02.08 :: EAD touched; card production ordered

05.30.08 :: AP touched

05.08.08 :: Biometrics appointment; AOS and EAD touched

04.28.08 :: Appointment Notice for Biometrics on 05.08.08

04.22.08 :: NOA1 receipt confirmation (AOS, AP, EAD)

04.21.08 :: Application fee processed

03.09.08 :: Application received by USCIS

03.07.08 :: Submitted I-485 Adjustment of Status (incl AP, EAD)

|| K1 Fiance Visa ||

12.01.07 :: Marriage date

09.29.07 :: Entered U.S. via San Ysidro POE

09.21.07 :: Cena de Compramisos - officially proposed

09.04.07 :: CDJ interview - visa granted (full report)

09.03.07 :: CDJ medical exam taken

08.11.07 :: CDJ packet received by beneficiary

07.15.07 :: CDJ packet received by petitioner

06.20.07 :: NOA2 petition approval

06.19.07 :: Touched

06.14.07 :: Touched - CSC confirmed receipt of RFE response

06.06.07 :: RFE received by CSC

05.30.07 :: RFE replied

05.28.07 :: RFE received

05.21.07 :: Touched

03.09.07 :: NOA1 receipt confirmation

03.07.07 :: Application fee processed

03.06.07 :: Application received by CSC

02.28.07 :: Submitted I-129F Petition for Fiance Visa

05.17.05 :: Registered on VisaJourney.com

12.21.04 :: She hit on me first ... really... I swear

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.