waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello Everyone!

Its been a busy week so I thought I'd provide an update.

First, she is here!!!! With the vanilla approval envelope in hand, along with her K-1 visa, we flew into Denver from Mazatlan and thus Denver became our POE. The immigration lady was very nice. She cracked open the envelope, shuffled through the paperwork, took my financee's picture and fingerprints, and sent us on our way. Process took about 10 minutes.

Her father came with her so we decided to do a last-minute, simple civil ceremony with a judge. It was nothing fancy as we are planning for the big, religious wedding in February in Mexico. Soooo.....we are married! :)

Now I'm doing all the AOS paperwork. I'll let everyone know how that progresses.

Thanks again to everyone on this forum.....HUGE help!!!!!!!!!

Application For Naturalization (N-400)

01/10/2013 - Packet Sent to Phoenix Lockbox

01/16/2013 - NOA & Check Cashed

02/06/2013 - Biometrics Appt

04/16/2013 - Interview - Approval Recommendation!

04/23/2013 - Placed in the Oath Ceremony Queue

05/16/2013 - Received letter showing Oath Ceremony date

06/12/2013 - Oath Ceremony

06/12/2013 - U.S. Citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
immigrate2US.net

For the Mexico folks, is visajourney or immigrate2US more helpful for you all? I have been using visajourney consistently, and have received most of my info from them. I am new at immigrate2us and just wanted to know if y'all have any particular links (I noticed kitkat's links listed) that woud be helpful to a filer for Mexico.

If you need a waiver, i2us is the place for info. If it's regular K1 processing, everything you need is here in this thread.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
The big cost is going back to ELP because the wait at the bridge.

That would depend on whether or not they intend to cross immediately and which bridge they are required to cross at. They could certainly choose to go elsewhere in Mexico and then fly directly from another city to their first POE.

True, if you are flying out of El Paso then you have the bridge to deal with and they are all busy 24/7. From 1:00Am to 4:00Am is probably the least activity but the have fewer lanes opens and fewer officers on duty.

Timeline

That would depend on whether or not they intend to cross immediately and which bridge they are required to cross at. They could certainly choose to go elsewhere in Mexico and then fly directly from another city to their first POE.

True, if you are flying out of El Paso then you have the bridge to deal with and they are all busy 24/7. From 1:00Am to 4:00Am is probably the least activity but the have fewer lanes opens and fewer officers on duty.

I think you missed my point. Lots of people leave CDJ and go to OTHER cities i.e. Mexico City, Guadalajara, etc. From THERE they fly directly to the US and their first POE is where they enter in the US. There is no requirement to cross in CDJ.

Timeline

Anyone cross the San Isydro border got any tips? Gracias. :)

|| Adjustment of Status ||

01.09.09 :: Interview passed and conditional GC granted

11.17.08 :: Appointment Notice for Interview on 01.09.09

06.09.08 :: EAD received

06.06.08 :: AP received

06.02.08 :: EAD touched; card production ordered

05.30.08 :: AP touched

05.08.08 :: Biometrics appointment; AOS and EAD touched

04.28.08 :: Appointment Notice for Biometrics on 05.08.08

04.22.08 :: NOA1 receipt confirmation (AOS, AP, EAD)

04.21.08 :: Application fee processed

03.09.08 :: Application received by USCIS

03.07.08 :: Submitted I-485 Adjustment of Status (incl AP, EAD)

|| K1 Fiance Visa ||

12.01.07 :: Marriage date

09.29.07 :: Entered U.S. via San Ysidro POE

09.21.07 :: Cena de Compramisos - officially proposed

09.04.07 :: CDJ interview - visa granted (full report)

09.03.07 :: CDJ medical exam taken

08.11.07 :: CDJ packet received by beneficiary

07.15.07 :: CDJ packet received by petitioner

06.20.07 :: NOA2 petition approval

06.19.07 :: Touched

06.14.07 :: Touched - CSC confirmed receipt of RFE response

06.06.07 :: RFE received by CSC

05.30.07 :: RFE replied

05.28.07 :: RFE received

05.21.07 :: Touched

03.09.07 :: NOA1 receipt confirmation

03.07.07 :: Application fee processed

03.06.07 :: Application received by CSC

02.28.07 :: Submitted I-129F Petition for Fiance Visa

05.17.05 :: Registered on VisaJourney.com

12.21.04 :: She hit on me first ... really... I swear

Timeline

I think you missed my point. Lots of people leave CDJ and go to OTHER cities i.e. Mexico City, Guadalajara, etc. From THERE they fly directly to the US and their first POE is where they enter in the US. There is no requirement to cross in CDJ.

But he is flying out of ELP.

Timeline

Doesn't say that anywhere in the post you replied to:

Need some help here. Im planning my trip to Juarez soon (oct) but I've heard different prices that the taxis charge over there. I've heard from 200 pesos to $50 dollars a trip! Anyone been to Juarez lately and confirm the prices and put that concern to rest?

to which you responded:

(Gaby&Talbert @ Aug 24 2007, 04:41 PM)

The big cost is going back to ELP because the wait at the bridge

Timeline

WOW I just finally finished skimming through all 45 pages of this thread to date paying particular attention to all the interview reports ... thanks so much to all of you that took the time to write these. At some point, unless I get any specific objections, I plan to paste all the stories into a PDF file for download with links to the posts so the next K1er won't have to sift through all these pages ... 45 of them at least.

Next week, we'll be going through the same thing!! :help:

But we are both very confident going in based on all the great info we've gotten from here. I definitely plan to do the same and also take some photos to share ... I know I would feel just that much more comfortable just knowing what the place might look like.

Thanks again everyone. Wish us luck!!

|| K1 Fiance Visa ||

Timeline
WOW I just finally finished skimming through all 45 pages of this thread to date paying particular attention to all the interview reports ... thanks so much to all of you that took the time to write these. At some point, unless I get any specific objections, I plan to paste all the stories into a PDF file for download with links to the posts so the next K1er won't have to sift through all these pages ... 45 of them at least.

Next week, we'll be going through the same thing!! :help:

But we are both very confident going in based on all the great info we've gotten from here. I definitely plan to do the same and also take some photos to share ... I know I would feel just that much more comfortable just knowing what the place might look like.

Thanks again everyone. Wish us luck!!

Yup there's a lot of great info in this thread - someone should take out all the relevant stuff and put it in a big fat CDJ FAQ!

Someone on i2us just mentioned that she wanted to post photos of the consulate etc. -- if she does, I'll put the link here for you.

Best of luck at the interview!

Timeline

When I get back (and as mentioned - unless anyone objects), I'll post a PDF for download with all the stories I came across. It will just be CDJ interview related however.

Man am I nervous. I feel sorry for my fiance ... she must be super nervous. I keep telling her not to worry at all - that it means nothing if they reject the visa and we'll just try again or find another legal means to be together even if it means that I move to Mexico. I think that is helping her relax a lot.

Edited by the.ronin

|| K1 Fiance Visa ||

Timeline
When I get back (and as mentioned - unless anyone objects), I'll post a PDF for download with all the stories I came across. It will just be CDJ interview related however.

Man am I nervous. I feel sorry for my fiance ... she must be super nervous. I keep telling her not to worry at all - that it means nothing if they reject the visa and we'll just try again or find another legal means to be together even if it means that I move to Mexico. I think that is helping her relax a lot.

Interview reviews would be great - but most should be here under the Consulate interview reviews (not nearly as detailed as in this thread, I'm sure). But a big FAQ would also be great with all the knowledge here. After all, half of it cannot be found in the fiance packet (no police certificates, detailed instructions on the medical exam and procedures, etc).

Anyway, don't be nervous - easier said than done but most people fly through with no problems. And if you do encounter a problem, insist on being let inside to talk to the CO (lie if you have to and say they asked for you). Always better to resolve issues on the spot than after you leave.

Deep breathes and you'll be fine!

Timeline

Make sure if you don't get in to be available if she needs you. There are places across the street to wait and a couple of restaurants, just make sure she knows where you are if she needs you.

Doesn't say that anywhere in the post you replied to:

Need some help here. Im planning my trip to Juarez soon (oct) but I've heard different prices that the taxis charge over there. I've heard from 200 pesos to $50 dollars a trip! Anyone been to Juarez lately and confirm the prices and put that concern to rest?

to which you responded:

(Gaby&Talbert @ Aug 24 2007, 04:41 PM)

The big cost is going back to ELP because the wait at the bridge

Not in his post but I talked to him before and he said he was flying in and out of ELP.

Timeline
Make sure if you don't get in to be available if she needs you. There are places across the street to wait and a couple of restaurants, just make sure she knows where you are if she needs you.

Since the US Consulate policy is that no fiances or spouses can enter the consulate, you are not required to be there or available.

Not in his post but I talked to him before and he said he was flying in and out of ELP.

Common sense generally tells us to address the questions posted here.

We work pretty hard at providing accurate and relevant information to CDJ filers.

:wacko:

Edited by kitkat1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Maybe someone can help....I was just doing some last minute things and I read on the juarez consulates website that ALL visa applicants have to fill out that form or they wont be allowed in for the interview (I dont even remember the form I was soo freaked out but I think its the I-156). Does this apply to IR 1 visas too??? My packet 4 says nothing about doing this??

Becki :star:

Becki and Memo

CR-1

May 19, 2004 > Married ~Civil Ceremony in Mexico!!

Sept. 3 > Mailed I-130 to Nebraska Service Center

Sept. 13>CSC Recieved I-130

Oct. 4 > Recieved NOA1 (from Cali Service Center)

Dec. 9 > Touched

Jan. 6, 2005> Touched

Jan. 12> APPROVED (by email notice)

Feb. 3> Recieved DS3032/AOS Fee Bill

Feb.9> Mailed AOS Bill to St. Louis

Mar.17> Recieved Affidivit of Support

Mar.29>Mailed DS 3032

Apr.11>IV Fee Generated

Apr.22. IV Fee Recieved

Jan. 2006> Wedding Ceremony in Mexico (we decide to push back the visa process so we can stay longer in Mexico)

APRIL 2006- FINALLY PAID IV FEE (one year later)

June 30th - Recieve RFE on I-864.

Oct. - Mailed RFE with new I-864

Sept. 13 2006- Approved and sent to embassy (how before I even fixed the stupid RFE I dont know! And yes I checked with CDJ and they recieved it)

July 9 - recieved emial with interview date

Sept. 7 2007 - INTERVIEW DATE

Timeline
Maybe someone can help....I was just doing some last minute things and I read on the juarez consulates website that ALL visa applicants have to fill out that form or they wont be allowed in for the interview (I dont even remember the form I was soo freaked out but I think its the I-156). Does this apply to IR 1 visas too??? My packet 4 says nothing about doing this??

Becki :star:

EVAF DS-156 = Non-Immigrant visa application

You're applying for an IMMIGRANT visa, right?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.