waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

OMG!!!! I can't believe I never noticed that before! The NOA's say Adolfo B. Quirino. Should I just leave it at that and Basurto can be his middle name?? Now I'm freaking out. I can't believe I never noticed that until now.

Timeline

I just called NVC. They said there was nothing they could do since it was no longer there and would have to be handled at the embassy. She said he would have to make sure that they fixed it there by showing them his passport. Should I try to call the embassy and fix it now in case he doesn't make sure it's done there? I'm worried that having his name backwards will cause delays in the background checks or something.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'd email them first. Perhaps they can tell you how without your paying for the call. They might not even have received the packet yet, but at least you can get a heads up on what you'll need to do.

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Timeline

Hey all! How is everyone?

Well, Ady and I got married today. It's official!!!! We are pretty happy. Things are good. It's definitely different leaving together.

So, I've got a question. Now that we are married, do we need to let the USCIS know that we are? I thought that I've read somewhere that you need to let them know before the 90 day expiration date. Any advice?

Also, I will probably be emailing some of you in regards to AOS stuff! I need to get moving if I want to avoid the increased fees.

AOS

7/27/07: Mailed AOS package to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

7/29/07: Package was delivered to Chicago Lockbox (Day 1)

8/30/07: NOA1 received (I-485, I-765, I-131)(Day 33)

9/4/07: Checks Cleared (Day 38)

10/5/07: Biometrics (Day 69)

10/18/07: AP & EAD Approved (Day 82)

1/9/08: AOS Interview (Day 165)

1/9/08: RFE, need to provide I-693A (Day 165)

2/7/08: I-485 Approved (Day 194)

Timeline

Congrats, Marty (it's Marty, right?)....we're on the same timeline...also trying to get the paperwork together for AOS!

Timeline

Congratulations!!! I think you just need to file AOS before 90 days so that she stays in status. I don't think you need to notify anyone. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Timeline
Congratulations!!! I think you just need to file AOS before 90 days so that she stays in status. I don't think you need to notify anyone. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

The only initial requirement is to get married within 90 days of entry per the regulations of the visa. The sooner you file for AOS, the better, especially with the enormous fee increase later this month. But many people put it off and there are no adverse effects, assuming you don't need an EAD or AP.

Timeline

I thought I read in a thread the other day that if the I-94 is expired when you file, that you then have to adjust status and also submit an I-130 for a relative since fiance is then your wife/husband. maybe I should quit posting answers here cause I'm always wrong........:( lol

You are half right Vismaster. If you wait to get married after the 90 days, then you do need the additional form. If you marry within the 90 days, you simply file the I-465. It doesn't matter whether your I-94 expires or not. The process is really not that bad...just the waiting :(

US Entry : 2006-11-27

Marriage : 2006-12

AOS : Submitted on 1-29-07

NOA1: 2-5-07

BIOMETRICS: 2-21-07

AOS Interview: Decision Pending :( FBI Name Check not completed

Email welcoming New Resident on 5/22/07.

Approval Notice email: 5/31/2007

CARD IN HAND 6/01/2007

Removal of Conditions now in progress

Mailed: 3-4-09

USCIS received: 3-6-09

NOA1: 3-9-09

Biometrics: letter arrived 3-18-09, scheduled 3-28-09

Approved on: 05-04-2009

Approval letter arrives: 05-09-09

waiting on green card...

card production email: 06/19/2009

CARD IN HAND: 07/02/2009

Timeline

Oh yeah, to the person (nm?) who apologized for going off topic, don't worry about it!

The topic is all things to do with Juarez, so ask away!

Timeline

I'm comparing the content of the fiancee packet to the VJ k-1 flowchart and it looks like there are some forms Juarez doesn't require...

i'm specifically wondering about the OF 167 (PUBLIC CHARGE) form that will be in the fiancee packet...

it appears that there is no actual form to fill out, it just asks for proof of assets.

Should I fill out an I-134 Affidavit of Support for my fiancee to take to the interview even if it is not requested?

I am a student and therefore will need a co-sponsor. Can I still rely on a co-sponsor even though the OF 167 does not mention it as an option? Again, should the co-sponsor use the I-134 affidavit of support form?

If any of you have gone through this process please share what worked or didn't for you. Also, I want to put up a timeline like most of you have.... how do I do so?

Thanks!

Timeline

Juarez doesn't require the I134, but a lot of people use it just for ease of organizing the evidence.

I also used a co-sponsor (my income for 2006 was sufficient, but not prior to that) and my mom completed the I134. I didn't because I totally spaced it and was overwhelmed with paperwork. But the agent didn't even look at my co-sponsor's info, but only took my last two years of tax returns.

So basically, fill out the form if you feel it'll be easier for you to keep track of everything but it;s not necessary.

Timeline

Thanks a lot gabacha

Is a K1 visa interview ever given in Mexico City? My Fiancee and I are both living in Mexico City and it sounds like we may have to go all the way to Juarez even though the embassy is right here in DF.

Timeline
Thanks a lot gabacha

Is a K1 visa interview ever given in Mexico City? My Fiancee and I are both living in Mexico City and it sounds like we may have to go all the way to Juarez even though the embassy is right here in DF.

Ciudad Juarez is the only consulate in Mexico that processes and interviews for K1 (or spousal) visas. It sucks for the DF folks given that there's an embassy so close by.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.