waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Here's the message I received - not through E-mail, it's on the USCIS website. I signed up for their email list but haven't received anything. Today, the message is in English. Just yesterday, the whole part where it says ... "We process cases blah blah blah," all that was in Spanish. The Internet is weird.

"On June 19, 2007, we received this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E), and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

I talked to somebody yesterday who applied for the K3 marriage visa and she said she received mail here from USCIS, it just took a long time. So that made me feel better. I'm going to have to wait a longer time for stuff but I'll get my stuff, I hope. That made sense since I figure there must be some American other than me with a Mexican address who met and fell in love with a Mexican woman in Mexico while living in Mexico, and then wanted to move back to the U.S.

Oh. I see you are talking about work. If we do all the paperwork correct, how long do you guess it will take for my fiancee to be eligible to work once we enter the U.S.?

Colby

Yea. I signed up for the online case status updates. The message said they received my I-129F request for a fiancee visa and they have mailed me something as of June 19 ... not those exact words, I'd have to look it up again. And then it said to follow any instructions that may be given. This is my first and only notice on the online thing I signed up for. The weird thing is it's all in Spanglish. Like the beginning part in English and bad worse-grammar-than-mine Spanish.

Perhaps you should dig up that email and post it here.

Information from USCIS is sent in English and they are form letter emails.

The only time you might receive a gramatically incorrect email is if you have requested information from the Ciudad Juarez consulate directly and someone has written you a personal response.

Something does not make sense here.

You don't necessarily have to change your address, but it's highly unlikely you will actually receive any written correspondence from USCIS in Mexico due to the mail system and it's unclear if they actually send mail outside of the US (I think not).

Hey all!

Edgar and I arrived at the Detroit airport and went together through the immigration line (usually it is seperated for US citizens and others) and the immigration guy was SO NICE to us. He congratulated us and was really polite. He told us that Edgar was free to work with the visa, and also stapled a little white piece of paper onto his passport, which was part of an immigration form that we filled out on the plane. I'm hoping we don't have any problems with that because we head to New York next week and we both need to find a JOB. Right now we're just relaxing with my family, who can't believe he's finally here!

I will let you know when we get married - we're thinking July 17th! Hope everyone has been well!

Monica, be careful. He is not "free to work with the visa" unless he received a temporary work authorization stamp. The white paper is his I-94.

Timeline

Seems pretty clear - it's just an update notice that they received your case and are mailing your physical NOA -- nothing more than that.

K1s cannot work until they have authorization which has to be applied for as part of the adjustment of status in the US. Could take 3 months.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello to everyone....

Can someone please help me with this question? My wife has her appointment for her K-3 Visa on August 7,th 2007. Iam trying to schedule her flights in and out of Juarez.

Do you know, would it be on the safe side to schedule a flight out of the Juarez airport the same day, or would it be wise for her to stick around the 8th of August? Has anyone experienced that you HAVE to return the next day after an interview?

Thanks to all....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hello to everyone....

Can someone please help me with this question? My wife has her appointment for her K-3 Visa on August 7,th 2007. Iam trying to schedule her flights in and out of Juarez.

Do you know, would it be on the safe side to schedule a flight out of the Juarez airport the same day, or would it be wise for her to stick around the 8th of August? Has anyone experienced that you HAVE to return the next day after an interview?

Thanks to all....

Good Luck at the appointment. I would not schedule flight same day as interview. She will probably be there all day. Usually they don't come out till after 4:00. The other day someone came out before 10:00 am but this was a shock to everyone. In some cases - yes consulate needed more info and gave pass to come next day. Not sure if she will cross border in Juarez and fly out in El Paso - you will have to plan at least 1.5 hours for that.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Allie

2/24/06: 129 mailed

3/01/06: NOA1

5/02/06: NOA2

5/18/06: CDJ Receives case

7/19/06: CDJ mails packet

8/02/06: Interview - Visa not recevied - put on AR "false hit" fingersprint check had to be done.

11/15/06: Called DHS to see if they had any info on my case - They advised security cleared in Oct. - now waiting for appt letter from CDJ for Visa Pickup. :)

11/27/06: recvd letter from CDJ - Appointment set for Jan 11, 2007

1/11/07: Visa received!!!!!

AOS:

3/26/07: AOS mailed

4/3/07: NOA1

4/23/07: Biometrics Appt

5/2/07: AOS transferred to CSC

5/21/07: Email from CSC stating AOS pending

6/12/07: EAD Card ordered (received email)

6/20/07: EAD Card received in mail

8/23/07: Card Production Ordered

8/30/07: Greencard received in mail

Lifting of Conditions:

5/26/09: I-751 mailed

6/1/09: NOA1

6/3/09: Check Cashed

7/7/09: Biometrics Appt

10/30/09: Approval Date

11/5/09: Received Notice in the mail

11/21/09: Greencard received in mail!

Naturalization:

8/12/10: N-400 Mailed

8/20/10: NOA1 (check cashed 8/24)

9/8/10: Early Biometrics. In and Out in 5 min!

9/22/10: Scheduled Biometrics Appt

11/4/10: Interview Appt - Passed!!!

01/27/11: Oath!!! Yippee!!

Can one of you please link the URL from the CDJ website that shows what items aren't allowed (cell phones, mirrors, metal, etc.)?

Thank you,

nm

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

I-485, I-131, I-765 sent: 9/18

NOAs for forms - all rec'd 10/24

Biometrics appt letter - rec'd 11/01; walk-in 11/12

EAD approved 12/22; card production 12/24

AP 12/22 approved; 12/29 received in mail

2009 3/6 AOS interview: approved!

2011 ROC

Submitted I-751 01/20/2011

NOA1 01/24/2011

Biometrics Letter rec'd 02/07/2011

Biometrics Appointment 2/28/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Can one of you please link the URL from the CDJ website that shows what items aren't allowed (cell phones, mirrors, metal, etc.)?

Thank you,

nm

The directions you received from the consulate with the appointment letter lists everything not allowed.

My wife had her interview on the 25th of July and we flew out of El Paso. One thing to remember is that she has to go to the border crossing to get her I94 and stamp her passport. Depending how busy they are it may take a long time.

Is your wife from Juarez or another part of Mexico?

Thank you,

nm

The directions you received from the consulate with the appointment letter lists everything not allowed.

My wife had her interview on the 25th of July and we flew out of El Paso. One thing to remember is that she has to go to the border crossing to get her I94 and stamp her passport. Depending how busy they are it may take a long time.

Gaby&Talbert - I am a female. :star: I'll be petitioning my boyfriend with the I-129 form in a few months - I just want to be ready when I take that step.

For anyone: When I submit the I-129, will my fiance only have to read the information on the CDJ site under the headline "Fiancée Packet," or also the two headlines above the Fiancee Packet? Here is the link: http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/wwwhiv...ml#fiancepacket

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

2011 ROC

NOA1 01/24/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Timeline

Thank you,

nm

You only go to the border to a specific crossing if you are planning to cross via car or on foot from Juarez. Otherwise, you pass through immigration at your first port of entry. CDJ tells people they must go to a specific crossing point, without mentioning that this applies ONLY if that's how you intend to cross.

I would NOT plan to fly out the same day as the interview -- there are simply too many variables.

http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/wwwhnivartic.html

Articles that cannot be introduced to the Consular Facilities

Metallic articles:

Pocket’s knive

Scissors

Metallic Pens

Belts with a large metallic buckle

Pencil Sharpeners

Electronic articles:

Cameras

Video Cameras

Cellular telephones

Pagers

Portable Radio

Portable Video game

Laptops

Computer diskettes

Portable USB memory stick

Batteries

Calculator

Cosmetic articles:

Tweezers

Eyelash curler

Metallic fingernail file

Toe and fingernail clipper

Any items containing aerosol

Mirrors

Glass items (perfumes, make up kit)

Razors

Personal articles:

Cigarettes

Lighters

Matches

Name badge neckwear

Other items:

Firearms

Ammunition

Timeline
For anyone: When I submit the I-129, will my fiance only have to read the information on the CDJ site under the headline "Fiancée Packet," or also the two headlines above the Fiancee Packet? Here is the link: http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/wwwhiv...ml#fiancepacket

Once the approved petition has gong from the service center to the NVC to the consulate, and the consulate has entered all the fiance data into their system, they sent out the Fiance packet. The USC needs to provide all of the forms to the foreign fiance to take to the interview. In addition to the fiance packet, there are other forms required of ANY fiance applicant. Therefore, those are required as well. If you look on the first page of the CDJ site, you will see that information:

http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/wwwhmain.html

IT IS MANDATORY FOR ALL APPLICANTS IN ALL VISA CATEGORIES

(including laser visa)

use the ELECTRONIC VISA APPLICATION "EVAF"

Instructions

on how to fill out the EVAF DS-156 form

Direct access to the forms:

EVAF DS-156

Non-Immigrant visa application

DS-157 Supplemental form

(for males between 16-45 years)

Timeline

Thanks for the help. The NOA still hasn't arrived. I'm guessing there's nothing on it I need to respond to. Just change my address to my mom's address in the U.S. and wait around for the second notice.

Seems pretty clear - it's just an update notice that they received your case and are mailing your physical NOA -- nothing more than that.

K1s cannot work until they have authorization which has to be applied for as part of the adjustment of status in the US. Could take 3 months.

Regarding the I-129F petition, part of Question 2 for "Part C. Other information" is a little confusing to me and I'd like to know if it might be grounds for a denial on the K-1 visa? Btw, I am the USC petitioner (female) and my fiance lives in Mexico. The part I'm concerned about is "Three or more convictions for crimes relating to a controlled substance or alcohol not arising from a single act."

I understand that the question states, "Have you ever been convicted by a court of law (civil or criminal) or court martialed by a military tribunal for any of the following crimes," to which my answer would be No, because it's not me I'm concerned about (I've only had minor traffic violations) and I think this probably has to do with the IMBRA?

The reason why I am concerned is because my fiance was arrested about 5 yrs ago for being drunk, and he was arrested 4 times during that year. He never had any finger prints or photos taken at those arrests; he just had to stay in jail overnight. He isn't an alcoholic; it was a terrible year for him, and now he only has the occassional cervesa.

I also understand that Mexico doesn't require a police certificate for the K1 interview, but would he be eligible for one to show the occurences were minor?

I'm sorry I'm going in circles, but I'd like to have all bases covered for when everything with the petition-visa-adjustment happens. I don't plan on submitting the I-129 petition until December-February, but I still have questions before everything happens. I've been reading this thread for a couple of weeks now (skimmed some of it when it wasn't related to the consulate, but I had to in order to get through most of it, and I'm not even done! And it's extremely informative, so I really appreciate all the details everyone has provided).

Please let me know anything you're aware of regarding this.

Thank you!!!!

nm

Edited by nm123

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

2011 ROC

NOA1 01/24/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Also, what is the difference between the I-134 (not needed for K1) and the I-864? Is the I-864 for AOS?

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

2011 ROC

NOA1 01/24/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Timeline
The reason why I am concerned is because my fiance was arrested about 5 yrs ago for being drunk, and he was arrested 4 times during that year. He never had any finger prints or photos taken at those arrests; he just had to stay in jail overnight. He isn't an alcoholic; it was a terrible year for him, and now he only has the occassional cervesa.

I would consult a lawyer. Four arrests will be an issue from my understanding and will require a waiver. The issue is the the rules are based on US law -- not Mexico law.

Take a read here and think about consulting Laurel Scott - she is very experienced with the CDJ consulate and waivers there. Her site is: www.visacentral.net.

The I-134 is the affadavit of support for the interview at the consulate. CDJ doesn't require it but many people still use it because it's easier. The I-864 is for AOS in the US.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/ineligib...ities_1364.html

2) Criminal and related grounds.-

(A) Conviction of certain crimes.-

(i) In general.-Except as provided in clause (ii), any alien convicted of, or who admits having committed, or who admits committing acts which constitute the essential elements of-

(I) a crime involving moral turpitude (other than a purely political offense or an attempt or conspiracy to commit such a crime), or

(II) a violation of (or a conspiracy or attempt to violate) any law or regulation of a State, the United States, or a foreign country relating to a controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802)), is inadmissible.

(ii) Exception.-Clause (i)(I) shall not apply to an alien who committed only one crime if-

(I) the crime was committed when the alien was under 18 years of age, and the crime was committed (and the alien released from any confinement to a prison or correctional institution imposed for the crime) more than 5 years before the date of application for a visa or other documentation and the date of application for admission to the United States, or

(II) the maximum penalty possible for the crime of which the alien was convicted (or which the alien admits having committed or of which the acts that the alien admits having committed constituted the essential elements) did not exceed imprisonment for one year and, if the alien was convicted of such crime, the alien was not sentenced to a term of imprisonment in excess of 6 months (regardless of the extent to which the sentence was ultimately executed).

(B Multiple criminal convictions.-Any alien convicted of 2 or more offenses (other than purely political offenses), regardless of whether the conviction was in a single trial or whether the offenses arose from a single scheme of misconduct and regardless of whether the offenses involved moral turpitude, for which the aggregate sentences to confinement were 5 years or more is inadmissible.

Edited by kitkat1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.